Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.85/10 1.85/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.16/10 3.16/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.20/10 1.20/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.72/10 1.72/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-10-31

Good

"Im in Canada. Ive used them 3 times, parts are much cheaper than retail(at least 1/2 price). They take about a week to arrive. I had one bad part, rockauto paid for return shipping and gave a full refund. Good Deal if you can wait for the part."

2017-10-27

Third times not the charm

"I have ordered from them three times. They still have not gotten an order correct parts that don’t fit correctly twice. And, on this their third and final time they send the wrong part number based kntheirnownnoarrs sheet!!! Horrible"

2017-10-27

rip off auto should be the name they use

"ripped me off for 61 dollars got 25 dollars worth of products and was charged 86 dollars after i had cancelled part of my order,they were quick to cancel part of my order but still charged me my full amount of origional purchase order"

2017-10-26

Wrong part sent TWICE and instead of a refund they gave store credit!!

"I ordered a part for my car and when I received it it was incorrect. I sent the part back and ordered what I thought would be the correct part but it was ALSO incorrect. I sent the 2nd wrong part back and instead of giving me a refund they gave me store credit!! I will NEVER order anything else from them and will NEVER recommend this company with terrible customer service to any of the mechanics I know, including my dad who has been a mechanic for the state of Arkansas for 38 years. Not that this company cares. From the other reviews I've since read, this is the norm for them. I guess I should have read the reviews before I tried them. I'll just chalk the money they kept up to the fee for learning how terrible they are."

Terrible customer service

"Customer service used to be good when people could be reached by phone. Now that customer service can only be reached by email, people are dismissive, un-helpful, and overall unnacountable. In my situation, the shipping paperwork had an error made by Rockauto, so I asked for it to be cancelled. Copying and pasting from their email "It does not matter who you speak to here at RockAuto, a solution can not be offered until the 7th business day has passed". As a result, they shipped me the package, only for me to have to pay return shipping back to them.

I have a hard time ordering something from a company that doesn't care when things go wrong and make you pay for their mistakes, no matter how good the prices are.

2017-10-25

Extremely poor customer service from RockAuto.com

"I purchased a fuel tank assembly for my 1995 Chevy K1500 - gas tank, fuel pump, sender, etc. The fuel pump stopped working. I ordered the assembly on 9/11/2017, received it on 9/19/2017, and the fuel pump stopped working on 10/20/2017. I paid a mechanic to install it. The only way I can get warranty on it is if I pay to have it shipped back to RockAuto - shipping a complete fuel tank cost over $100 - nearly the same amount as a new gas tank. All I really need is a new fuel pump. RockAuto won't work with me at all. The manufacturer, Spectra, won't warranty it outside the distributor (RockAuto). Bottom line - RockAuto is OK if you happen to buy a quality part - if you don't, you're in trouble."

Last time

"purchased a tailgate cable for a small pick up dhl made 5 contacts with me for this item wanted to speak with somebody about there constant contact got hung up on in there main office. This is how they do bussiness ? For how long? Never again from me."

2017-10-25

They make a mistake, YOU PAY!

"I'm writing about Rip-off Auto, I mean Rockauto. Simply put I ordered lower control arms for my 2007 Honda Accord. With my car on the lift and parts taken off, we opened the box to find they sent upper control arms. Since the car was disabled I had to purchase the correct parts from a local parts store for more $. So in returning these parts, I was credited only some of my money less $17.00 shipping and restocking fees. They have no call center and everything is done via email. They basically told me tough beans to me. I recommend spending a few more dollars and going somewhere who can tell the difference between upper and lower. Terrible experience!"

Customer Service is NON-EXISTENT

"I purchased (4) Shock Absorber's and they arrived quickly. I installed the first 3 without any issue. Due to the Corrosion in the North East, I was forced to "CUT" the shocks off of my truck in the Front to facilitate the replacement. When I opened the Box for the 4th Shock, I noticed that "MONROE" mis-boxed the shock and I received a 34529 instear of a 34520 and they are completely incompatible for the application (Front vs Rear) (again, this was NOT ROCKAUTO's fault).

I went to call them and discovered that you had to do the return on-line without any Customer Service. The Descriptions said they would ship it out as soon as it entered the FEDEX System. I quickly boxed it up, labeled it and watched it put into the hands of a FEDEX EMPLOYEE. I then called their phone number and was treated with such disrespect, ZERO CARE for Customer Service and told that he was going to "TERMINATE THIS CALL".

I told him that I was forced to "CUT THE SHOCK OFF" and I can not safely drive the vehicle without a Shock and then I asked him how can I get the CORRECT SHOCK mailed out today as I have done everything asked of me and he again told me he was going to TERMINATE THE CALL....

LESSON LEARNED = If you get the Correct Parts (as I have numerous times before) it works well and you can save a lot of money. If you get the Wrong Part, you are at the Mercy of a Computer and you can hope and pray they send out the right part the 2nd time around.

Defective

"I ordered a slave cylinder from rock auto for my car. the mechanic installed the part as was recommended by the warranty. The part turned out to be defective and now i am left with a high bill to the mechanic and no vehicle because rock auto denies that their part is faulty and that it is my problem for going with a mechanic. at least they could cover a part of the bill as they screwed me over with the part."

Screwed up place

"Ordered part.send wrong part.they can't even answer me if they can send right part.corporate hangs up on you.sending refund because they can't do anything right!"

2017-10-24

40 days no returns, no warranty. Screwed.

"I spent over 800$ on a order from rock auto. The air shocks i got were purchased 40 days ago even though they were on the cae less then a month failed. Will not accept return and for some reason there is no warranty for shocks that are lifetime warranty at oreileys. So now im out 60$ for the set of shocks. And my time to do it twice, plus the 134$ i had to spend at autozone for proper shocks. Dont buy rock auto if you expect customer service after their shotty junk parts fail. Long time customer this is the final straw for me. "

2017-10-23

Sent wrong part from database won't take back

"I had the same problem, ordered a drive belt for my van from their database but when I got it, it didn't fit.
now they won't take it back saying I ordered the wrong part and I installed it so that makes it not returnable. How will you know it don't fit unless you try it. I ordered belt by the spec's listed in their data base It's not my fault there database is messed up, they won't even answer my e-mails any more.
I put in a report with paypal to stop payment, we'll see how that goes. I will not do business with them any more, Amazon has a much better customer service, and comparable prices

2017-10-21

Wrong part shipped - they will not take responsibility

"I ordered a mirror from their web site (Order # 69514588). The mirror does not fit but the website says that is the part for my vehicle. The part number is on the package but the mirror in the package does not have a part number on it to confirm packaged part is part I ordered. RockAuto says it is the manufacturer's fault the part I received does not fit. They offered to split costs after I return the part. I feel since my purchase is from RockAuto, not any of the manufacturers of merchandise sold on their site, RockAuto should take full responsibility for the wrong part I received. That is, when I purchase an item there is an agreement that I will pay the seller agreed amount for the product as described. I did not get the product as described therefore I should get all my money back from the seller, not the manufacturer, unless manufacturer takes the returns. I will not return the mirror until they agree to return all costs."

2017-10-16

Bait and switch

"ordered, paid, received email stating I need to pay more for shipping. Classing bait and switch. Lower shipping than other sites then demand more money. Hold payment if you want to cancel and get a refund."

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!