Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.89/10 2.89/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.14/10 1.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.75/10 1.75/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-11-24

So far so good

"Local name part store wanted $45 for a distribitor cap. I got the cap,rotor,8 plugs an a set of plug wires for $45+ $8 shipping. Everything came packaged good an was correct parts. Recieving a CV axle today an installing on Tue so hope all will still be good,I will review again on how it all goes but so far been very happy"

2017-11-24

Customer Service Used to be Great, But Now ****!

"They took the customer service agents off the phone lines a month ago, and now the only way one can communicate with them is by email. I'm having a problem placing an order and needed help. So I called the 608# and got a 'receptionist' that acted like a robot and hung up on me when I tried to explain the problem I was having and that the Help section of the website didn't help.

Screw rockauto! I'll take my business elsewhere!

2017-11-21

Wrong Part and Absolutely horrible customer service. Possible shipping charge scam

"The description on their site said the part was for the RIGHT/Passenger side, but when I received the part is was labeled with a “L” and was clearly for the LEFT side. I had already replaced the LEFT so I knew it was the wrong part. Through numerous emails they demand they were correct and said they were going to stop responding to my emails. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. THE CUSTOMER IS NEVER RIGHT. They never checked the actual part and just kept saying their catalog is correct. No customer service at all. Good luck if you use their site. I ended up paying shipping 3 times @ $6 = $18 total, for a part that cost $30 bucks: Initial shipping, return shipping & new part shipping."

They would not return my $150 core charge

"I purchased a part from them that required a $150 core charge. I received that part and delivered it to my mechanic. The core was returned to me. It was not until I went to arrange a core charge refund that the return policy was presented to me. It stated that the core must be returned in its original box. Without it there would be no refund.
I contacted customer service (no human interaction available, only email) to explain to them that the box was damaged and disposed of by the mechanic. After several emails they put the fault on the manufacturer (Cardone) and that they would not accept the core without the box. I contacted Cardone, they have no such policy and they would accept the core from Rockauto without the original box.
After contacting RockAuto again to relay this information I was told that I was not going to get my core charge back and that all further emails would be ignored.
I stated to RockAuto that their core policy is NOT clearly stated until it is time to return it. And that the requirement to retain the original box should be clearly printed on the packing list in the box (where the core return "accept by date" is printed) of on the original box. This clearly seems to be a way to keep my money, $150 and not a requirement of the manufacturer. I will never do business with them and do not suggest anyone else do business with a company that is so unwilling to make an exception in a situation as this.

DONT BUY FROM THEM

"I bought brakes and rotors for my Infiniti and they shipped me the wrong rotor for the back left tire. The only option they give me is to send back the part and I pay for shipping LOL.
Joke of a company stay away

2017-11-16

No customer service and wrong parts

"I ordered brake calipers for my car and the ones i received were the wrong parts and didn't fit. Don't try to call them because that is impossible. I searched everywhere and there is no contact number. I sent three emails telling them that they sent a part that won't fit even though their site claims it will. I never received any response to my emails. I now have to pay for the return shipping for parts they sold me that don't even fit my car. I will never buy another part from them and will warn everyone i can ahainst buying from them."

2017-11-16

Secondhand products

"My first order was for a muffler, which was broken inside and rattled horribly. They wanted me to spend the $75 to return it. Then I ordered an e-brake cable and it came sliced open. I won’t be ordering from them again. "

2017-11-14

They have the productions but then they don't. But at 2200 I get an email saying they do but the shipping is going to be more.

"ME:When I made my purchase yesterday it said ALL the parts where at your where house, then later that night AFTER I paid for the 2-3 day shipping it comes back and say, I need to pay $81.00 more for shipping? Then you give me a courtesy discount of $10.00, Really! I need the parts so yes I paid the shipping. So why am I paying for your mistake on the shipping? I fell I shouldn't have to pay for YOUR mistake. So the shipping cost is all most the price of ALL the parts.

I would like to know what happened?
I would like to know how you are going to fix this?
Rockauto:We are sorry that our inventory error required changes to your order which raised the shipping cost. We know these issues can be inconvenient which is why we offer a 10.00 courtesy to offset any increased cost. We are not able to offer more than that, nor are we able to issue some other form of compensation for this matter. We did give you the option to cancel if the increase wasn't acceptable and you decided to continue with the order. There is nothing further that we can do

I am a disable vet I help out in my commute as much as I can. Now I have to tell the customer hey Rockauto made a MISTAKE and we have to pay for it...

GREAT JOB!

2017-11-14

Grerat Prices, Shipping and Customer Service lacking

"Ordered parts for truck, said 5 days til delivery, delivery day came and went, shipper website says delivery date pending, tried to contact Rock Auto, found absolutely no telephone customer service available, did Rock Auto web automated thingy, told to wait additional 10 days for shipper to "locate" package. Truck on jack stands, parts removed, waited total of 13 days from shipping date, no parts, drove to Advance Auto and bought parts, used Rock Auto web automated thingy to try and cancel parts, was told that shippers website still says in transit, but still no delivery date or location, was told I had to wait the full 10 days for shipper to "locate" the package. I emailed them I no longer needed the parts, had to get my vehicle back on road and had purchased the parts locally. Checked shipper website , tracking updated to Delivery exception, cannot deliver package, package damaged. Received call from Shipper who notified me that the truck with my package was involved in accident and package was damaged. Received e-mail from Rock Auto telling me same, and refund would be issued within 3 business days. I hope the truck driver and anyone else involved are ok.

Although Rock Auto had no responsibility for the package damage, this incident made me more aware of a few things.

1) Rock Auto's prices are low, however I have had quality issues in the past, and was unable to return those items under warranty because warranty term was short.

2) If I need something in a hurry, My local Advance Auto is right around the corner, and they have knowledgeable and friendly people who work there, and their prices are competitive. If I have any issues with a purchase I can drive there, and they usually solve that issue quickly, or can send me to another close-by store if they cant. My package from Rock Auto shipped from California, I am in Virginia, Rock Auto is in Wisconsin.......

It all of a sudden makes sense to go back to buying my parts from a local neighborhood store, because I sure would miss them if they were gone.

2017-11-12

Great prices and service.

"Ordered four times from Rockauto.com, all orders were packed well and arrived as promised. I don't understand the reviewers complaining about part quality?? You get what you pay for, part quality is not up to Rockauto it's the manufacturers. If you buy cheapo bearings for $2, don't expect quality! Buy established brand names!"

2017-11-11

Terrible parts

"Bought struts and hub assemblies from them and hub assemblies had slack in the bearings. The strut assemblies have popping noises in strut mounts which sound like frame noises. "

2017-11-10

No customer service at all.

"Had half of my order missing from FedEX, they confirmed it was lost and told me to contact Rock Auto so I filled out all of the tips to get may other half that was missing. no Email no call no nothing I have no idea whats going on and my car has been on jack stands for three weeks now. Ordered the parts on eBay now hopefully Ill get them then I will return the parts to Rock auto if I ever see them."

2017-11-09

Super fast shipping

"I ordered a part yesterday and paid for standard shipping. Expected deliver u days. The order was packaged and shipped overnight to me from another state. A+ speed on packaging and shipping order. Glad I saved the $15 to overnight the product as it arrived overnight anyway. "

2017-11-08

"I do not understand all the negative ratings. Very good selection and fast shipping. They even paid return shipping on a warrantied strut. The only caveat I have is to make sure and pay attention to shipping cost. They can vary widely depending on where they are shipping from."

2017-11-04

Order parts. Don't get parts. Still pay

"I ordered brake calipers/ rotors/ pads etc for my truck. Payed 130$ or so in shipping fees, it was still cheaper than going to the store. after 2 months of not receiving my parts I checked the tracking info, They had been sent back to rockauto. I had no idea my parts had arrived, didnt get any notice, So I called rock auto to ask for a refund. About a month or so later I hadnt gotten my refund so i sent in an email. A few days later i got a refund and an invoice with another 100$ taken off for return shipping fees. Now have been going back and forth through email with customer service about shipping and return fees totalling $230+ for parts i've never seen. Now they wont even reply to me half the time
I ordered the parts in June 2017. Its now November 2017. Im still out 230$ and i'm still out of a truck
F you rockauto

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!