Stores > Cheaper Than Dirt

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.93/10 3.93/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
Voice your opinion! Review Cheaper Than Dirt by clicking a star below.
2015-08-03

"I ordered ammunition from cheaper than dirt, and followed their procedures. Then they notified me saying they don't send to Cook County or the Chicago area. Interesting, as numerous other ammunition suppliers do. I wish they would have stated this up front before I give them all my information. Waste of time!"

2015-07-29

"I was looking at making an AR purchase and came across a gun being advertised on the Cheaper - Than - Dirt website. Based on THEIR specs i purchased the Gun. Long story short, the model i purchased according to them was a mistake. That gun did not exist? The actual model was a sub-standard gun to the one i ordered. I can accept their mistake until i started to deal with their customer service and supervisors. Very condescending and NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at all. They shipped the gun, charged my CC and then stated we need to get the gun back. This transaction has been a PITA. Based on the numerous complaints, it's hard to believe folks still do business with this company. I am not a big online purchaser, but i have never been treated as disrespectfully as with these people. If you purchase any thing from them don't believe what you are being told until it is in your hands for the price you were quoted. Hope this may save someone the same aggravation. "

2015-07-17

"Be careful when dealing with this "IT Boiler Room" operation and be sure to verify shipping cost before you close the transaction as they will likely claim that they cannot cancel your order because "it is being processed"...
I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS LOUSY COMPANY AGAIN !

2015-06-26

"I was informed my credit card address did not match that of their "security software" so I was to jump through hoops to prove my address was correct even though the gun was being delivered to an FFL they provided. I was not provided the information necessary to correct the problem to avoid this issue in future dealings. I did verify with my bank that the address I provided was correct. They showed no interest in assisting me with a resolution. I'm certainly less than impressed with their customer service. I guess their name says it all!"

2015-06-26

"I have ordered from them before and did not experience any issues... until now. Ordered some magazines for my Springfield and when I received them, they did not fit properly. It was my mistake. I contacted them about an RMA... Got a response from Tonya in Customer (non) Service. She gave me the RMA and said that when they receive the items, they'll process the refund. No UPS label was attached, nor were there any other instructions as to where to ship it back to. Nothing on their website. I contacted her again for the UPS label and she said that the label would be in a separate email. Well, that was over 2 months ago and still no label. After reading the reviews here, I've come to the conclusion that it would probably even a bigger hassle to bother them for the label (or even the address to ship it back to), and probably screw e over on the refund as well. Looks like they'll charge a restocking fee too. Nope, I'll keep the magazines (besides, what better excuse than to buy the gun that these mags fit?), and NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM EVER AGAIN. And I'll tell everyone NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM EVER."

2015-05-01

"I placed an order for 1000 rounds of ammo on wed. Received it on friday. Absolutly no problems. Had to speak with customer service because of the shitty state I live in about proof of id. I will ab soluble be doing business with them again"

2015-04-17

"Ordered 2 gun magazines (clips), only to find after 10 days of -;being processed- and calling customer service that they were out-of-stock in the warehouse and were not getting any more in. One star rating. However customer service routed the order to another warehouse and I received the product in 3 days. 5 stars for the service. A previous order for magazines for another gun was shipped promptly. So apparently inventory control stinks, but if they have the product you get good service at a good price.

2015-03-12

"This place is joke. Keep giving me the run around for order I canceled and don't want to issue refund even tho order was never processed. They pull funds before it even gets to shipping. I canceled order after I was told it would take a week from date ordered to ship so canceled it then get told it will take a week for me to get refund back along with others that canceled orders what is wrong with this picture. So contacted online tech support only to get banned from online chat over and over and over. (ban only last 30min) I called got hung up on by so called supervisor multi times cant get the boss on phone over supervisor. This place had F rating with BBB and has had multi complaints filed with them so many I cant even file complaint on CTD. I wouldn't use this place again being this is 2nd time I had them do this first time I bought a sig pistol and it took 2 weeks to get 1 1/2 week to ship and 1/2 week to get to gun shop. There shipping charges are insane as well. Last time beware of this site."

2015-03-10

"Purchased a 9mm handgun and had it shipped to my ffl dealer, where they informed me they could and would not transfer the gun to me because it had bad tracing. After contacting ctd several times i finally was told i was being refunded. Come to find out they took a restocking fee out of it. So i contact them again where they tell me its a standard restocking fee. When i asked why i should pay to restock a defective gun, i was then told its because i was trying to do an illegal straw purchase and thats why they had the right to charge a restocking fee. They send me junk and charge me for it, then say its my fault because i was doing something illegal. Even though that was not the case, and they have no proof otherwise. Do your self a favor and avoid cheaper than dirt."

2015-03-05

"These guys are total sleeze bags. My last and final order with them involved them canceling a large portion of my order and then notifying me of this after part of it had shipped, basically reaming me for the original shipping charge. The witch I spoke to trying to understand he status of my order didn't improve my mood. I won't do business with them again."

2015-03-05

"These people are terrible and un-ethical. The carrier they use UPS are even worst. I asked 2 questions 2 days ago and never got an answer. I would not buy from these people again, buy at your risk they cannot be trusted."

2015-03-03

"Several months ago, I was shopping for some .223/5.56mm ammo. I found what I wanted at Cheaper than Dirt, unfortunately, it was out of stock. I put my name on a waiting list. On February 9th, I received an e-mail notification that the ammo was back in stock. I immediately ordered 500 rounds and my order was accepted. On February 10th, I received an email from CTD that my purchase was "on its way" and I was provided a UPS tracking number.

After waiting more than a week, I called CTD to find out why I had not received my order. I was informed by a CTD customer representative that they would have to investigate and they would get back to me when they had information. Within a couple of hours, I received a call from CTD. I was informed that the shipping label had "fallen off" and the package was lost. I was told I would receive an immediate refund. I told the CTD representative that I understood that these things happen and I was not too upset.

I requested to be put on a priority waiting list so when the ammo was back in stock, I would be given priority on a new order and not have to wait, potentially, another several months. I was told, not only could I not be given priority, I would not even be guaranteed the price of the ammo would be the same in the future.

I do not believe my request is unreasonable considering CTD accepted my order and provided confirmation that my purchase was "on its way". I said I would appreciate CTD reconsidering its response.

Both representatives I spoke to were very polite and professional but ultimately provided unsatisfactory responses.

CTD quickly responded, "We apologize, but we do not know when that item will be in stock or what the price will be."

In other words, they will not make any effort, whatsoever, to remedy this issue in a satisfactory manner.

2015-02-17

"I recently purchased a stock and two magazines from this site. I then started to research the site and read a ton of negative reviews. All in all all the items I ordered a where shipped to my residence in 2-3 days! The prices where the cheapest that I could find. I have had a great experience with this company and will certainly due business with them in the future sue to their low prices and shipping."

2015-01-13

"Purchased a Magpul CTR Carbine Stock for my ar-15 and was told it was being shipped. Two days later I received an email stating that they were not able to ship the stock due to them not having any! I called Cheaper Than Dirt and the operator told me that their online inventory is inaccurate and will only display the warehouse with the cheapest price. I asked if any other warehouses had the stock I purchased and she said yes and I can order it. I said okay I will take it. she then informed me that it would be $30 more than I paid originally and I would also have to pay for shipping because I called and didn't use the online store. I will never again use cheaper than dirt. They are crooks and they don't care about making their mistakes right with their customers."

2014-12-23

"Wish I would have found this website before I bought. Ordered a modern day cowboy combo Beretta 40 cal px4 and cx4. When I ordered the cx4 it was showed to be in stock and $608 and some change. My ffl dealer received the pistol right away but no rifle. So I check their order status and that really did'nt even say they were shipped. But i noticed the price of the rifle was now $795. I figured right then something wasn't right. Got an email today the rifle was no longer in stock and could not be ordered at that price. Called customer service and said that I didn't appreciate how my order was handled. Nowhere along the line was I told the rifle for that price was out of stock. They would not allow me to return the pistol for a refund. Don't believe a reputable business would have shipped one without having the other without first notifying the consumer that one item was unavailable. Now I am stuck with one half of my modern combo screwed over by some modern day jerks"

Share Cheaper Than Dirt's store rating

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member
Cheaper Than Dirt does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!