Stores > Best Buy

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.63/10 1.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.69/10 1.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.31/10 1.31/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.19/10 2.19/10
Voice your opinion! Review Best Buy by clicking a star below.
2005-04-07

"What awful things can I say that havent already been said about best buy? Seems all the good ones are already taken so Ill just tell my story.
Wanted to make some purchases from BBuy but was unable to get to their store (very far from me) Make my purchases online, double checking with CS that I will indeed get the current rate, not the rate of the day that I pick up. No problem Im told. Days pass and I am finally able to make the long trek to BBuy. I arrive in store to pick up my purchases and when they are rung, I am not given the offers I agreed to, but instead the current offers. It ends up a $70 difference on a $180 purchase. I explain the trouble and the CSR cuts me off and says "We'll you gonna return it or what?" I ask to speak to the manager who ends up being just as unhelpful but not as unfriendly (hard to beat the CSR) So, its explained to me (and you should all take notes)

BUYING ONLINE at BBUY.COM FOR IN STORE PICKUP MEANS NOTHING!!!

Rebates are invalidated, prices may or may not be offered. Any other extras or bonuses WILL NOT BE PAID unless the offer is still current when you go pick up. So, while you give them your credit card info and *think* you are making a purchase.....SURPRISE!!!! You are doing nothing of the sort.

Best buy does not care about you unless you are buying a big ol Plasma TV. Even if you do, just hope it doesnt blink out on you or otherwise have problems because then they ll show you just how much you REALLY mean to them (since your money is long gone)

2005-04-05

"Since I'm not a gamer I was looking for a cheap video card and saw a VisionTek Xtasy Radeon 9250 AGP 128MB card on sale at Best Buy for $59.99 plus a $20. rebate. I ordered it on line for in store pick up and got the e-mail confirmation it was ready. I went out in heavy rain tonight to pick it up and when they brought it out my call tag was attached to an ATI 9250 PCI 256MB card. Being the (stupid) honest person I am, I pointed out the error and told her it was about $100 more than the card I ordered but I would take it if she insisted. She made a remark about the people in the computer dept that pulled the order weren't very computer literate and we would go get the card ourselves.
I noticed immediately there weren't any on the shelf but she kept picking up ATI boxes checking the numbers. She finally called over one of the not very literate computer people who had to show her the obvious difference in the two boxes (there were different VisionTek cards there).
She offered to call BB .com to have it shipped and I told her that it was on back order and would not be shipping until 4/11-4/14 and I couldn't wait. I asked for a credit on my Visa and she had to charge it first (to receive it) and then credit it back. I think she could sense I was not a happy camper at this time but I kept my cool just having a disgusted look on my face.
I figured that it took me 1/2 hour to drive there, plus 30-45 minutes in the store and a 1/2 drive back so I might get some type of small apology. Think again. The only thing she said was "next" to the next person in line. That's what really got me pissed.
I came home and sent customer service an e-mail explaining what happened, telling them what I've bought over the years ($900 Toshiba TV, hard drives, software, DVD's, CD's, blank media, computer desk, printers, etc) and told them I would never go back there again. It won't help, but I felt good venting!

2005-04-05

"Ordered a dvd at a very low price and received it in 2 business days without any problems."

2005-04-05

"Zero integrity, will do anything to get out of paying rebates, CSR's are rude and lie with reckless abandon, promising anything and never delivering. Purchase from BB.com was destroyed in transit, thanks to Best Buy's "we don't box things" policy, exchange at store took forever, and required return & repurchase instead of straight exchange, store manager "promised" it would not affect rebate, which of course was promptly rejected by Calais, Maine facility. Half a dozen calls to rebate center (after wading through the BB anti-customer voice mail system) yielded promises of action, faxed entire documentation package several times, and each time, one month later, a card is sent ignoring everything & refusing rebate (even though rebate specialists claimed it would be no problem: so Jack, Brenda, and everyone who promised that my rebate was coming, you were wrong, and you probably knew it all along. Your company is dishonest, and I will cheerfully repeat my story to anyone who will listen. It is my hope that the $45 you scammed off me for not paying the rebate will cost you thousands in lost sales over the coming years. To the President of Best Buy: You sir, have all the integrity of a politician when you claim your company is customer friendly. It is anything but, which of course matters nothing to you, as you care only about this quarter's profit. What a fine example you must set for your kids: anything for a buck. Nice values.

Best Buy could give away solid gold Rolls Royces, and I would not take one, if you are foolish enough to shop there, understand that any offers they may present will fill your life with an agony of endless phonecalls to brain-dead CSR's and a litany of broken promises of "we'll take care of that". This is, quite possibly, the worst company in the US today (in terms of customer relations) and considering some of the competition in the cesspool that is the consumer marketplace, that is no mean feat.

A special thanks to the last CSR, "Lori" (ID # 4455) and her manager "Chrissy" (ID #3723) who changed the story that ALL the other Rebate center employees had been giving and invoking the "you'll have to take this up with BB.com" line. When employees give conflicting advice on how to proceed, several times, then some of them must be lying. Don't know which employees they were, but you all have been extraordinarily incompetent. The only justice in this entire debacle is Best Buy is paying you to destroy the company! Ha ha! Your poor stockholders!

Remember: a rebate from Best Buy is NO REBATE AT ALL.

Rating: -10

Have a nice day! :)

2005-04-04

"Very hard to get anything resolved with the structure of their customer service dept. Takes at least a week to solve even a minor issue.

I'm so Glad Fry's is coming to town.

2005-04-02

"Two bad experiences. My niece purchased a 300 watt power supply from the Dublin, CA store 2 days ago. The box was marked "Open Box" and a price of $45.99 (VERY high for a 300 watt power supply to begin with). They charged her $52.99 at the register and she did not catch it. When I went to install it I realized that it was used. The case had numerous scratches and the cables were a mess. They are selling used merchandise as new under the pretext of "Open Box".

I tried to purchase a digital camera at the Roseville, CA store. I had a competitor's ad and since Best Buy has a lowest price guarantee I gave them a chance. The manager of the camera department said he would only match the price if I purchased a "bunch of other stuff" to make up for the money he was losing on the camera. I complained to the corporate headquarters and got an apology but nothing else.

2005-03-28

"Worst experience ever from any retailer; will NEVER purchase from “Best” Buy again. "Customer Service" does NOT EXIST at this company...I have NO idea how they stay in business (except for having the worst return/exchange policy in the industry, maybe that's how they manage to stay afloat?)
Whether in store or online, I have very rarely had a positive experience with this company, and this was the last straw, I will no longer be a customer.
In store, they are constantly in violation of pricing regulations and standards set by the department of weights and measures, and frankly, they don't care...this is how they make their $$$...advertising sales that ring up at full price and when you take the item back for a credit of the difference, they do it in a 7-step process so that by the time its all over you can't possibly figure out what they did or if you got the sale price, so you just give up.
Their "sales staff" knows less than the average consumer about the products they carry and sell, and as stated previously, the return policy is the worst in the industry, so why bother?
In this case, I first ordered online, where the computer showed "out of stock" at my store for items I could see sitting on the shelf. I had to choose a store 30 miles away, even though the items I needed were in plain view in my own store. After the order was placed, I received an email stating my order was being canceled. No mention of anything I could do to stop it, just "your order is being canceled". I then called "customer service" (what a joke) to get more information, and was told that it was already canceled because they "hadn't heard anything from me since the email". I explained that the email said nothing about preventing the cancellation by contacting them, so how could I have known? He offered to "re-place my order" BUT stated that it would now be at full price, not the sale price at which I had ordered (DOUBLE)!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told “they are all busy, and they wouldn’t talk to you anyway, because they would only tell you the same thing I did.”
This company deserves to go into bankruptcy—enter a search for “Best Buy reviews” and you will find thousands of people with similar stories to tell. Standard business ethics are not merely decaying but DEAD at this company!

The "customer service" person I reached by phone was not helpful at all. He said he could replace the order that had been "canceled" by Best Buy, but that I would have to pay full price, not the sales price in effect when I ordered. I asked for a supervisor; he stated they were "all busy" and besides, they wouldn't talk to you anyway, because they would just tell you the same thing I just did."

2005-03-27

"I was told incorrect information by Best Buy's web site as well as in-store associates. This mp3 player does NOT play OGG and is NOT Napster to Go compatible. This is finally the last straw, I will never buy from Best Buy again!"

2005-03-06

"Now let’s see if I understand this:
I purchased an extended warranty on this unit, adding about 20 % to the initial cost.
I returned this same unit, and that malfunction was verified by a clerk.
Since the malfunction likely occurred because of a defect with the unit, I wanted to exchange it under the terms of the warranty.
I was told that, since they could "make it operate" while I stood there, it was not “store policy” to give me another one.
BTW - it jammed again as soon I got it home.
In the vernacular of my youth - Best Buy BLOWS.

2005-02-22

"I ordered a 3-pack of Verbatim DVD+R DL discs since they weren't in stock at the store. I never really had problems with the customer service other than those asshats trying to force the extended warrenty(ripoff fee) on me.
But regardless... I ordered it 3 days ago and I checked on here and it was shipped the following day.
I bought the same item from newegg almost a week after buying it on bestbuy, and I already got it from them. Whenever Bestbuy decides I need the DVD's I guess I'll have a few extra.

2005-02-19

"I am not sure that the invoice number is correct as their cash register tape has faded so much, it is difficult to read.

I purchased a Compaq computer for my wife in 2003 along with their PSP plan which I was told would cover anything that happened to the computer even if we mistakenly caused the problem ourselves. I had purchased the plans in the past and they have helped me out more than once. In January of 2005, the computer started acting up and would not pull up any system information. When I call Best Buy's tech support, they asked if we had installed anything recently. I told the young lady that 2 or 3 months ago, I installed an external hard drive. She said that must be the problem and I would have to do a restore using the recovery disks. No testing, not other questions at all. I refused because a recovery would have put me back to the original Windows XP and I would have had to reinstall SP1 and SP2 as well as all the other updates. She said if I decided to do the recovery, call them back because you are not smart enough to do it by yourself. She didn't say those exact words but that is what it meant to me by the way she said it. Anyway, a few days later, I decided that there was no other way to fix it other than a recovery. I called Best Buy tech support back. The young lady that answered this time told me that they don't offer support for software problems, only hardware problems. I told her that in the past, Best Buy tech support had helped me with any problem I had and the salesman told me they would help with any problem when I purchased the PSP plan. She still said they only offer support for hardware problems but she had the number for a group that would help me with software problems for a fee. I sent an email to Best Buy explaining the problem. Got an answer back which, in effect, said the same thing, no software support even if it came on the machine when you purchased it. I have always been a big supporter of Best Buy tech support and their extended warranty plans but not any more. Their PSP plans on computers are worthless. Never will I buy another one from them.

2005-02-19

"Ordered Comcast broadband via BestBuy.com. Many rebates and special discounts. Order confirmation included rebate form. Rebate form not correct for one item in the Best Buy product line. In other words, one of the rebates was for a non-existent product. More than six calls to BestBuy (cust. service & rebate center). No resolution ("not our problem"). One person refused my request to speak to a supervisor and when I asked for his BestBuy ID, the simpleton hung up the phone.

This is the first purchase after a nightmare in-store experience two years ago. Never say never, but in this case I sure hope to be more disciplined!

Reporting this as fraud to BBB, disputing charge with credit card company and taking all the neightborhood kids to the store on Monday with whistles, lots of chewing gum, sunflower seeds and instructions to pretend they are at home (run amok boys!).

Winter Haven FL
2005-02-16

"Purchased a 50" Samsung DLP TV for X-Mas online, it was quick & simple, came with free delivery & was delivered a day early. "

2005-02-13

"On January 21, 2005 I purchased a 40" Zenith television from Best Buy through their online website. They instantly ( within a hour ) had taken 1,193.49 from my American Express card and gave me a disappointing delivery date of February 14th. There were a number of companies that had this set for sale for 100-200 less but my thought was 'go with a major company, at least you won't have to worry about reliability..oh boy was I wrong.

I am writing this note on February 13th. That's right, the afternoon before my set was to be delivered. My telephone rang , it was the warehouse, but instead of hearing what time to expect the delivery I was told by Brenda that there would be no delivery. Not tomorrow or EVER. They no longer carry the set. Asking for an explanation of why I had to wait 3 weeks to hear about this, I was told to call Best Buy customer service. Neither the initial customer service rep nor the VERY annoying supervisor Karen 'I don't have to give you my last name-I don't have to give you my supervisor's name' employee 53002 did anything for me. First I was told it was still set for delivery then good old Karen said Best Buy had no obligation to give me what they sold me and that I should read their policy which is posted online.

The most important thing I have to tell you , and the thing that I want EVERYONE on the net who might consider purchasing for these people to know is: You can give them over a thousand dollars and they have NO obligations to give you what you purchase. Think about that and seek out an honest merchant. They are out there.

The CEO of Best Buy said he wanted to fire 20 percent of his customers. I think that should be more like 100 percent of his customers firing THEM.

2005-02-12

"I LOVE AND HATE BESTBUY...THEY REALLY DO HAVE A GOOD SELECTION OF STUFF BUT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST...BUT FOR THIS PARTICULAR ORDER, MY EXPERIENCE WAS GOOD. I HAD TO ORDER MY PRODUCT ONLINE BECAUSE THEY WERE HAVING A SALE AND ALL THE LOCAL STORES WERE OUT OF STOCK. I WAS NOTIFIED SEVERAL TIMES THRU EMAIL ABOUT THE STATUS AND THE TRACKING AND IT ONLY TOOK 2 DAYS TO GET TO MY HOUSE, NOT TOO BAD. EVERYTHING WAS PACKED WELL, BUT THEY DIDN'T SEND COPIES OF MY RECEIPT OR THE REBATE FORMS WITH IT THOUGH, SO I HAD TO DO THAT .
UPDATE: 2/14/05
AFTER I BOUGHT MY XBOX, 3 DAYS LATER THE STORE DOWN THE STREET ( CIRCUIT CITY ) HAD THEM ON SALE AND GAVE THE DVD PLAYBACK KIT ALONG WITH IT FOR FREE.!! SO I TOOK THE AD INTO BESTBUY W/ MY RECEIPT AND ASKED FOR THEIR *PRICEMATCH* THAT THEY HAVE DISPLAYED IN HUGE BOARD ON THEIR WALL....BUT AFTER 20 MINS. ARGUEING ABOUT IT WITH 3 DIFFERENT MANAGERS, THEY JUST WOULDN'T*MATCH* IT !!!! SO I RETURNED THE WHOLE THING , GOT A CREDIT AND WENT DOWN TO CIRCUIT CITY AND BOUGHT IT ...
BESTBUY HAS REALLY GONE DOWNHILL IN THE LAST FEW YEARS FOR BEING CUSTOMER FOCUSED.. TOO BAD......

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!