Stores > Summit Racing Equipment

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.75/10 1.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Summit Racing Equipment by clicking a star below.
2017-04-29

once you pay you don't exist

"they will sell you something they don't even have
then tell you "we can't say when it will ship'
you cancel order - THEN it immediately ships
of course by now you've already got the part somewhere else
BECAUSE YOU NEEDED IT
they couldn't care less

2017-04-20

SUMMIT RACING HORRIBLE SERVICE - ITP TIRES MADE IN NOT MADE IN USA AS CLAIMED

"SUMMIT RACING WOULD NOT POST MY REVIEW - I SUBMITTED IT TO SUMMIT RACING NUMEROUS TIMES SO NOW I AM POSTING IT EVERYWHERE ELSE TO HELP BUYERS MAKE AN EDUCATED PURCHASE ..........

I PURCHASED "ITP" TIRES FROM SUMMIT RACING (FOR A HIGHER PRICE) BECAUSE THE ITP WEBSITE STATES:
"ITP tires are proudly designed and developed at its two American tire facilities in Clinton, Tenn., and Jackson, Tenn. ITP tires are currently produced in its manufacturing facility in Clinton, TN. Why is that important? Because we believe in American ingenuity and the quality of the products that only comes from being manufactured in the United States."

THE TIRES I RECEIVED ARE CLEARLY MARKED "MADE IN CHINA" AND ARE SIMPLY A CARLISLE TURF SAVER TIRE THAT I COULD HAVE BOUGHT LOCALLY FOR UNDER 20.00 EACH. I DIDN'T WANT A CHINESE TIRE SO I SEARCHED OUT A USA MADE TIRE. AFTER WAITING A WEEK FOR THEM TO ARRIVE I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO USE THEM AS MY 4 ACRE YARD HAD TO BE MOWED

SUMMIT RACING DIDN'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE THE COUNTY OF ORIGIN WAS NOT LISTED ON THE SUMMIT WEBSITE. THERE IS A LINK ON THE SUMMIT WEBSITE TO THE ITP WEBSITE WHICH IS WHERE I FOUND THE INFO STATING "PROUDLY MADE IN USA"
ACCORDING TO SUMMIT WEBSITE THE ORDER WAS SUPPOSED TO SHIP FROM THE MANUFACTURER THE NEXT DAY . THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN. IT TOOK 4 DAYS TO SHIP AND 8 DAYS TO RECEIVE THE SHIPMENT.
THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SIMPLY HORRIBLE. THE CUSTOMER REPS ARE A POOR EXCUSE AT BEST. VERY VERY POOR RECEPTION TO MY CONCERNS AND COULD CARE LESS ABOUT FIXING THE PROBLEM
IT TOOK FOREVER ON HOLD(MORE THAN 20 MINUTES) EACH PHONE CALL TO SUMMIT TO SPEAK TO A PERSON ABOUT THE INCORRECT INFO AND THE SITUATION I WAS NOW IN
I HAD OVER 2 HOURS TOTAL PHONE TIME AFTER NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS
I GIVE SUMMIT A POOR (NEGATIVE 2 STAR) RATING FOR SELLING A TIRE FROM A MANUFACTURER WHO LIES ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS AND THEN NOT WILLING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT WHEN THEY ARE CONFRONTED WITH THE FACTS. THE SUMMIT REP ALSO TOLD ME THAT HE COULD SEE THAT THE TIRES ARE MADE IN CHINA ON THE INFORMATION THAT HE COULD SEE. WHEN I ASKED WHY THIS INFO WAS NOT LISTED ON THE SUMMIT WEBSITE FOR THE PUBLIC TO VIEW HE HAD NO ANSWER.
I REALLY TRIED FROM EVERY ASPECT TO FIND SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT THIS WHOLE EXPERIENCE BUT CAN NOT GIVE MY APPROVAL FOR THIS BEING ACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES. I WILL WAIT TO SEE IF SUMMIT OR ITP TIRES CONTACT ME ABOUT THIS REVIEW

2017-03-31

Wrong parts and damaged parts

"I order more than $1,500 in parts for a car I am rebuilding. The first order they sent me wrong parts. I had to ship them back and wait 2 weeks to get the correct parts. I contacted them to find out they would not do anything about the damaged headers. The dent in the header looked like it might be a design for the spark plug. Due to my honesty with letting them know that I did in fact put it on they told me they could not do anything. I sent them pictures showing the damage and that it was damaged before the ceramic coating. They said it didn't matter. They wanted me to wait 2 more weeks to send me a replacement. So, learn from me. Buy local and avoid this poor service."

2017-03-30

Waste of Time

"They display parts for Motocross and other of road motorcycles but parts are not stocked and ship direct from suppliers. This only works if they have a inventory management system that lets them confirm availability prior to the order. They don't appear to and sold me a part that was out of stock and discontinued by the manufacture. Save yourself time and aggravation and and avoid using them. There are to many quality companies that support the industry and have parts on hand to use these guys. "

2017-03-16

Can't ship parts

"I ordered a tool box and grill guard for my pick up at the talmadge store in person. The clerk told me the items would have to be shipped to the store for pick up in a few weeks. I was fine with that. Three weeks later I get tracking information from ups freight they are going to deliver to my house a 200 pound pallet on the back of a semi truck. Now I don't have a forklift at the house nor can I lift 200 pounds. Also, I would have to take the day off of work to wait on a truck delivery. This is completely insane. I called their customer service it was a joke I said they were supposed to deliver to the store and I would pick up. I told them I cannot get it off a semi truck he told me I should have arranged for a lift gate truck when I ordered. So this confirms this guy was not even listening to a word I was saying. So I cancelled the order and refused the shipment. These people are complete idiots. I will never buy anything from summit again. Done."

2017-03-15

The only thing summit doesn't sell is Rubber Dog ****, but their parts are EQUAL!

"Summit sold me a DEFECTIVE Dorman air intake which doesn't even fit my truck, After calling customer service, they sent me another **** intake with the same part number! I'm not the only customer either. Simply youtube Dorman Air Intake Leaks, Dorman makes several faulty intakes and summit swears to by them. The summit customer service rep told "Sorry, that's the only intake we have for your model,as in ( want some more **** products)?
at 32 years old I will never ever ever do business with Summit Racing again. I'm with every other screwed over customer...Just pay more for a factory certified part and don't waste your time with Summit Racing.

2017-01-20

supervisor experience

"My name is Phil Innarella, Im doing a ground up restoration on my 68 Chevelle for myself at my body shop.. Don't ever buy sheetmetal from this company... Just an example i had 5 hoods sent to me destroyed.. Everytime i called summit back i explained to them the parts including fenders etc are packaged terrible no bubble wrap at all just a hood thrown in a box I contacted JR the supervisor and told him what was going on and how these damaged parts could possibly been avoided.. I told JR i have a bodyshop i get hoods all he time with no damage because they are packaged the right way..Well JR told me he would check himself.. LOL the 6th hood came today worst than ever.. JR The Supervisor never did what he promised.. I called several times and left messages not even a call back.. Thank you JR its ok u don't have to call me back"

2016-12-20

BUY SUMMIT, DON'T PLUMMET

"I have been buying from these guys for years. Jeg's, too. And Rock Auto. Our projects have included a '72 el Camino, '78 Nova, '78 Corvette, '97 Z28, '05 GTO, '09 G8GT, and a '14 Silverado. I can safely state that we have ordered well over $15k in parts from Summit Racing alone, not including Jeg's, OPGI, etc. 99 percent of time all is well. When there has been a glitch, it's been handled. The main thing, talk to their Tech Support before ordering stuff if there is a question. They don't package other manufacturer's stuff, so they don't know if stuff is missing in the box. They aren't O'Reilly's and look in every box. If you are using them as a normal parts store, then understand the normal part dynamics. That AC Delco steering pump that normally requires a core charge locally, is still going to require a core charge mail order. Plus someone has to ship it back. People want stuff for free - do your homework. Summit fills a need because local speed shops are darn near gone; parts stores do not have career parts professionals anymore because they mostly not locally owned; and most salvage yards have crushed most of the pre-2000 stuff. I am sure some of the negative reviews here are warranted, but most have a consumer fault associated with them - just read 'em. I recommend Summit Racing and will continue to use them."

2016-12-15

Sorrry Excuse for a Company

"Ordered my son a set of steelies for his car for Christmas... They all arrive over a month after I ordered them, thankfully in time for Christmas. Just for me to open the first one up with a a giant fucking gash out of the lip.. NEVER EVER AGAIN will they receive one penny from me or anyone I know because I will be spreading the word to not even bother batting an eye at this sorry excuse for a company. They also want me to mail this bad wheel back and wait another month for the new wheel. What the **** am I supposed to do give him 3 wheels or 4 with one being battered the **** up?! Needless to say customer service won't do a damn thing and they won't be getting anything out of me ever again. End of story
So as of right now they have a week to make this right or they will be getting all 4 wheels back.
-Moral or the story DO NOT with your lives order anything from Summit...

2016-09-19

UNBELIEVABLE...!!!!

"Hello all... ordered a corsa sport exhaust system for my c 5 corvette about a week or so ago...gave summit my correct business address for shipping.
I monitored tracking and was due on a Monday (by end of day)... package never showed... tracking stated "undeliverable address"... I called summit and supposedly straightened it out.
Next day... again !!! "undeliverable address".... called summit again!! change delivery address due to being closed for remainder of week... 3 days later packages arrive.... shipping was missing 1/2 of order.... Unbelievable!!! called summit again...total of about 5 calls and 2 hrs of my time...Days later I still have 1/2 my order and the rest.... who knows!!! summit reps cant even give me a tracking number.... I have never in my life dealt with a company like this... !!!
And I will never order from summit racing again...Hope this RANT gets out to a couple of you out there....

Super unsatisfied....
Joe Toomey

2016-07-25

STAY FAR FAR AWAY

"THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED.DON'T TRY TO RETURN ANYTHING EITHER. THEIR SYSTEM ONLY ALLOWS RETURNS IN THEIR FAVOR. THEY ALSO DON'T REFUND SALES TAX SO BEWARE OF THAT. I THINK THAT'S AGAINST THE STATE LAW. ANY LAWYERS OUT THERE??....THEY HAVE LOT'S OF GIMMICKS TO DISCOURAGE ANY RETURNS AFTER THEY GIVE YOU THE INCORRECT PARTS INITIALLY. LOTS OF SMOKE AND MIRRORS HERE. BUYER BEWARE."

2016-07-07

What customer service

"Ordered arp bolts for a bbc on 6/29, bolts arrived on 6/30. The package had 10 bolts and 10 washers, only one washer was too small. Damn, weekend to put engine together lost. On 7/5 I called summit tell them the problem! On 7/7 late evening still no correct washer. One day delivery when you place original order, still not here in 3 days to make the order right. Now I know why your costumer service is rated 2 out of 5 stars. Managment should look at this too."

2016-06-09

LIARS!!! Having to send my son off to military duty without his 1975 Corvette due to this lousy piece of s##$ excuse for a company

"My first attempts to order an air conditioning kit for my son's 1975 Corvette begin 3 weeks ago was Summit Racing the week after that I looked into an update and was told that the order never went through because they tried to verify it and I didn't respond I've been responded with a voicemail because they never picked up the number that they gave me told them that it was a valid order. I've been followed up with a phone call to learn that the order has not gone through and then make sure that it did go through. At that point I was told it would arrive in 3 to 5 business days and that it was shipping directly from the vendor Vintage Air which I will never do business with also. Today was 6 business days later I called to find out where the packages and now I'm told it's on A2 to 3 week backorder my son's Corvette is taking it apart in a mechanic shop probably going to need to pay storage fees until I get a replacement kit in the meantime he's leaving for Air Force to be without a car this is the worst example of customer service flat out lying to me after they take my money that I have ever experienced please get the word out don't ever ever ever do business with this lousy lying corrupt piece of s### excuse for a company!!!"

2016-02-22

One of the Best!

"Tried to order from another website, paid my money, got an email 30 minutes later stating my order was cancelled due to lack of stock. I won't mention any names (THM). 5 different items I ordered: Royal Purple Synthetic Motor Oil 5/30, Royal Purple Oil Filter, Gorilla Automotive Narrow Locking Lug Nut Set, Gorilla Valve Stems, OBD ll Scan Tool. Nothing out of the ordinary here, went to Summit Racing and not only did they have everything in stock, the prices were better and it was delivered to my office in 2 days. I was so satisfied with this organizations service that I placed a $303 order for tires that same day, Invoice 706023."

2016-02-09

Summit ****!

"summit customer service ****!"

Share Summit Racing Equipment's store rating

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member
Summit Racing Equipment does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!