Stores > Summit Racing Equipment

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.22/10 2.22/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.44/10 4.44/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
Voice your opinion! Review Summit Racing Equipment by clicking a star below.
2017-12-01

Great service

"I do not understand why all the bad reviews I ordered my product it shipped out ups and three days later it's here in perfect condition if I could upload a photo I would I would definitely recommend and order from them again thank you so much summit racing"

2017-12-01

No better high performance automotive Store in the WORLD

"I have been a customer of Summit for the last year. I can tell you that I will not purchase my car parts from another store. Deliveries were above expectations."

2017-11-27

Horrible customer service

"The worst shopping experience I’ve ever had. Will never do business with them again."

2017-11-16

get wrong information from their website

"its your problem not thiers. I went to great lengths to make sure i was ordering the right part. I wanted a Borgeson Universal Steering U-Joint to adapt my steering column to my steering box. I wanted to eliminate the rag joint. Borgeson , themselves answered the question. once i got the u-joint and tried to install it, it would not fit. Summit says its not their responcibilty for anything that is not answered by a non summit employee. So if i want to return the item, i have to pay for shipping. Of course this is the same pinhead (Matt) that i had to deal with on another screwed up order.

Thier version of Customer Service means screwing the customer at all costs. There are many other places that I can buy the same equipment without this kind of problem. Summit. you lost a 25+ year customer.

2017-11-07

Used to be a good place

"Got the order wrong twice. Even emailed and sent through chat a picture of what im ordering (Some do better with pictures )and still got it wrong and felt I was getting the run around by a guy named "Shorty" They at least got a star for stating that i will be refunded my money back into my account. We'll see how that goes."

2017-11-04

CAR CARE CREDIT CUSTOMERS, STAY AWAY!

"I place a order with summit racing for some wheels, and the money was taken off my account and paid to them. They called me and ask me to take a picture of my ID and credit card front and back, and email it to them. They said they needed to verify my address, so I'm saying why do you need a picture of my credit card front and back, when you already been paid. I told them to cancel the order. I never had to do this anywhere online. Don't buy from them car care credit customers . I will never purchase anything from them. "

2017-10-14

Terrible customer service

"Horrible experience, will not order from summit again."

2017-09-27

Unable to fill order for 6 months.

"Ordered crowsfoot wrenches on 4/12/2017 from summitracing. Today is sept 25 2017. Called summitracing when order will be filled. Summit racing cannot guarentee order fullfillment but was paid for in full 6 months ago. If they cannot get wrench order straight God help you if you have big order such as a crate motor or trans. If they cant get small things straight would i want to order my crate motor from them. Hell no!!! Buyers beware from this company. They cannot guarentee what you pay for. Requested refund today. Waiting to see if they actually get this straight. Do not buy from them ... unreliable. "

2017-09-10

SUMMIT RACING - COMPANY PROTECTS FRAUDULENT CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

"My wife identified fraudulent Summit Racing charges on our credit card, which prompted a conversation with a Summit Racing manager. Understandably, Summit Racing required us to provide our names, address, credit card and phone numbers to verify our identity before discussing the transaction. Once our identity was verified by Summit Racing, we confirmed the charges to my credit card were fraudulent. Summit Racing refused to provide the shipping address used by the person who made the fraudulent charges to my credit card. The manager who only identified himself as Gibs, advised he could not provide me the shipping address associated with my credit card because release of that information could make Summit Racing liable for providing the shipping address of the person who fraudulently charged my credit card. I expressed my outrage at Summit Racing requiring confirmation of my credit card ownership before discussing fraudulent charges on my credit card, but aggressively protecting the shipping address of the criminal who fraudulently charged my credit card. The Summit Racing policy challenges and forces the customer, while protecting the identity of the criminal. As a military and law enforcement family with 45 years in the Army and 21 years of state and federal law enforcement experience, my wife and I find the policy of Summit Racing to be absolutely outrageous. Summit Racing's policy actually emboldens criminal activity instead of deterring it. American families deserve better, please take your business elsewhere. "

2017-09-03

Wait for my order

"I order parts back in April and I still have not seen them I call and all I get is they are backed order!!!!!!!!!
With at big as Summitracing is you would thinks they could get something done!!!!! My race season is done because of summit racing good prices very very bad service to customers!!!!!!!!
Thank you Summit racing !!!!!!!!!!!!
For end my season !!!!!!!

2017-08-17

Misleading Catalog Ad - Rude Customer Service

"I purchased a Eddie Motorsports Hood Latch Components MS276-10S which was pictured as the entire latch, however all I received was a spring. Nothing in their catalog page, https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ems-ms276-10s, mentioned that it is for only a spring and not the assembly shown. When I contacted their customer service they said I should have known and it was just too bad. I could send the item back and get a refund - but the shipping was mire than the part!

No more Summitt Racing for me.

2017-07-31

GM Crate Motor Purchase

"I purchased a GM Performance 350 Crate Motor in December 2016, installed it into my 56 Chevy Pickup. We experienced a very wet winter/spring in the PNW and didn't get a chance to drive the truck very much until April and May timeframe. I started driving the truck as much as I could, weather permitting and at about 300 miles on the motor I noticed a big puff of blue smoke out of the passenger exhaust. Talking with my car buddies, alot of them said that maybe the rings have not seated yet. I continued to drive it on short trips and the problem didn't go away, it just got worse. Pulled the spark plugs and number 8 cylinder plug was very wet with oil and the motor started puffing out blue clouds of smoke about every 10-15 miles.
I called Summit and spoke with their tech folks and they told me that they couldn't help me, I had to call GM and talk with them about their warranty. The GM representative that I spoke with was helpful until he ask me what shop put in the motor and I told him that myself and two other friends that are very well experienced put the motor in the truck, well is tone changed and became very rude. He eventually gave me a case number and said take to any GM dealership and have them evaluate the problem.
I called 5 GM dealerships and only one would even talk to me about warranty work on a Crate Motor, the dealership is an hour from my home. I drove my truck to the dealer and they had the truck for two weeks before calling me to tell me that I needed to pick the truck up and pull the motor and bring it back to them in two weeks to work on the motor, they said it had excessive blow-by. I picked up the truck, pulled the motor and took it back two weeks later. Now a month has gone by and they have had it for 2 1/2 weeks until they finally got the engine apart to diagnose the problem. They called me and said the rings are bad and the gaps are to big. They told me they don't do engine work at the dealership and were sending it to a Machine shop for final diagnosis. I called today 7 weeks after this nightmare began and they finally got approval from GM to fix the problem. I called Summit Racing about this over a week ago and explained this situation to them, to see if they could call GM and apply some pressure to fixing this situation and the only thing that Summit did was to send me a SURVEY, really, great service after the sell. Very disappointed with GM Crate Motors, their warranty and Summit Racing. Dan Dearing Vancouver, WA.

2017-07-19

Holley sniper kit big summit lie!!

" I called summit racing and ask them if the sniper EFI would work with a supercharger the tech told me that yes it would work because it has a two bar map sensor wish to find out from the Dino guy after I installed it all and brought it there to Dino that sniper EFI does not work with blow through applications or superchargers now they say that they don't have a record of conversation of me talking to them about it.
And now that I have installed it they will not return it although I was told it would work for what application I was going to use this for!

2017-06-21

Wasted time.

"I spent 30 minutes on the phone first waiting for a person to speak with, then having them (sales, technical and returns dept.) tell me the warranty for a $800. plus fuel injection pump is through the re-manufacturer (Delphi) and I cannot get a copy of warranty until I purchase part. Yeah right!"

2017-06-19

Great service !

"Great place to buy your parts !! Fast and reliable.. I ordered my parts on Saturday afternoon, and on Monday I had my parts. Good job summit racing equipment ! "

Share Summit Racing Equipment's store rating

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Summit Racing Equipment is not a merchant member
Summit Racing Equipment does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!