Stores > monoprice.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.18/10 1.18/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
Voice your opinion! Review monoprice.com by clicking a star below.

Zero response from customer service

"Bought a 3D printer and the SD card that is supposed to contain the manuals, drivers, test prints, etc. was blank. Have sent numerous emails to them about it over the last two weeks. No reply to any of them at all. "

Monprice ain't what it used to be... and that's too bad

"Monoprice made it's name by providing good quality at reasonable prices with GREAT customer service. Now they're selling the same poor quality pacific rim junk that the worst of the worst sell online and then providing little in customer service and poor communication after the same.

Sad to see them get so bad when they started out so good.

Deceptive Business Practices

"I bought a monoprice branded product of their website because of the great reviews, but while going through the process of installing it I learned that it was low-quality Chinese junk. After leaving a scathing product review on their website, I discovered that it was never posted, but other more favorable reviews were posted that were written after mine, clearly indicating that they filter their customer's comments in order to give their products an inflated sense of quality. THIS IS FRAUD In addition, their support team is only available during banking hours during the week, which is worthless for their customers that have real jobs. "

Poor communication and poor customer service

"Bought the 3D printer on black Friday as a Christmas present. It was opened on Christmas. It worked out of the box but it after 2 weeks sd card started giving troubles and completely failed after 3 weeks. Took several days before customer service authorized a warranty return to repair. We knew they received the 3D printer but they never communicated to us. Waited well over a week and tried to get answers. It took numerous emails, filling out contact us on their website, doing live chat, and reaching out to them on FB before we heard that they were, in fact, repairing it and would be returning it. They had our printer for one month. The person on live chat said it was a 8 to 10 day process. Sadly they returned our printer damaged and missing pieces. The print bed had 4 dents and the printer was missing the z-axis brace which means it can't get completely level. We've emailed returns and support and have heard nothing. My son is mad we even sent it back for warranty work now that they returned it damaged."

Excellent products with outstanding value, no support issues

"I've bought hundreds of dollars worth of products branded from Monoprice: studio grade speakers and a studio subwoofer, audiophile planar magnetic headphones, plenty of cables, etc. and I really have to say: they absolutely blow their competition out of the water when it comes to price to performance.

I ordered my speakers during a sale that gave a site-wide discount and free shipping, and when their system glitched and charged me for shipping, I simply contacted their support and they promptly refunded the amount, which got back to my account within a few days.

I keep coming back to Monoprice, and I haven't once regretted it. If any issues arise, I'll definitely edit this review, but from my experience thus far, I'm beyond satisfied. (Some advice though: their cheapest cables/adapters are cheap for a reason.)

Two dead Seagate drives and awful customer service

"Got a 4t Barracuda drive from them. It arrived DOA. Shipped it back and it took two weeks for them to send me another. That, too, arrived DOA. The refused to give me a refund or a replacement. I will NEVER buy anything from them again. Seagate drives are known to be sturdy and dependable so I really wonder if they are selling gray goods, renovated old drives, or if they are dropping them by the truckload.... but clearly they do not stand behind what they sell. Basically they told me, now it's MY problem. "

the **** ****

"I tried to order a pair of headphones ~16$. I paid for 2-3 day shipping ~9$. I got a box of random cables and had to get a refund. They only refunded the original 16$, and I had to pay ~12$ to ship the **** back to them. I PAID 21$ FOR THE HASSLE OF RETURNING A PAIR OF HEADPHONES FROM THIS STUPID WEBSITE!!! "

Intersational shipping they tried to ripp me off

I've placed an order for a pair of 150$ headphones, free shipping in the U.S.
50$ shipping for me. expensive shipping but I bought it.
it was supposed to come withing one week.

about a week later I got a message from UPS. they said I needed to pay 40+$ in
fees in addition to taxes (about 20$). when I called to inquire they said
monoprices agreement with them did not cover the entire shipping cost.

Nobody said I was expected to pay more for shipping to a total of 90+$.
I do alot of online shopping and never have I encountered anything like that.
I refused to pay, monoprice refused to take responsibility for this fraud.
And all I ended up with is time wasted and a bad experience.

If you plan to place an order and you live outside of the U.S. I'd advise you aginst that - just use Ebay or Amazon at least there the sellers are

Also if you're trying to get in touch with them don't bother sending an email. they don't respond to those. try chat over and over untill you get someone. that's the only way.

Impossible to get a hold of anyone

"Impossible to get a hold of anyone and when I finally did I received a canned response and no help. They couldn't transfer me to accounting to chat about a tax exempt form and told me they only work through email. However, after emailing I never heard back. Would give this zero stars if it was possible"

Worst customer service ever

"I accidentally ordered the wrong item so I requested an RMA so they can send me the correct item. I had to take it to UPS and pay shipping fees to send back to them. No problem - that was my fault for not checking. They get the item and send me the exact same product again. Later I chat with support and am told they do not do exchanges so they will refund me the money for the part. It has been a week and I check online and the RMA shows closed stating that they did not receive the parts. They screwed up by sending me the same part again and now I am dont have the product nor the money I spent on it! Great prices, but horrible customer service."

0 stars if I could!

"Bought an blue ray player for a Xmas gift. When the person opened the indamaged box there was a damaged player....exactly on the 30th day. I emailed and I called ~ no operators available and a normal canned reply we will get back to you~~~sent a few reminder emails ~ nothing ~ sent an email on 1/10 very nasty~ got an emailed reply to send pictures ~ no reply ~ have resent the email 5 times. ~~ oh but I did get 3 questionnaires about their service. What a joke!!! Wound up having to buy another gift and am out the money I would have even acceoted an offer do a credit ~ never again!!"

Customer Service lied to me to get me off of the phone.

"Customer service promised to send me a replacement board for their poorly designed 3D printer and it never came. It takes 30 mins to get a hold of a customer service representive. It was cheaper to just to buy a replacement board than to waste more time trying to get them to keep their words. I will never buy from them again."

Customer Service Nonexistant

"Paid extra to get 1-day shipping. They did a terrible job and packaging and getting my product to me. Customer service won't get back to me. I made another purchase after the monoprice purchase at another leading online retailer who had no issues getting me my stuff ASAP."

Very poor customer service

"Purchased one of their 5w guitar tube amps. When it arrived it did not work. Have sent 4 emails, 4 phones call and tried the live chat. Have not recieved any type of a reply. So looks like I am just stuck with a non-working guitar amp. "

1 star for zero customer service

"There is ZERO customer service.
Sent 5 emails.
Called multiple times to get a machine that hangs up on you.

If you have problems with a product, GOOD LUCK.

I spend thousands of dollars on monoprice for our business, but if you have ANY issues, you are left in the dark.

Share monoprice.com's store rating

monoprice.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

monoprice.com is not a merchant member
monoprice.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!