Stores > lordandtaylor

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.18/10 3.18/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.05/10 2.05/10
Voice your opinion! Review lordandtaylor by clicking a star below.
2017-11-24

Not enough space to vent about my frustrations

"Lord and Taylor is by far the most frustrating and unreliable company I have ever had to deal with. I’m used to companies like Nordstrom and Zappos, with quick, impeccable customer service, and policies that do everything they can to ensure your shopping experience is a pleasant one. It took me 8 emails and 2 phone calls for my situation to be fully addressed, and I am still waiting for it to be resolved ten days after my first attempt. Needless to say, I will absolutely not be doing business with Lord and Taylor in the future.

Although the multiple customer care representatives I spoke with were polite and tried to help, it seemed like they were simply offering scripted replies because there wasn’t much they could do. I’ve worked in retail and customer service for 3+ years so I know what it’s like to have no control over corporate policy. I don’t have any problems with the individuals I spoke with, but it was a constant struggle to get the company to even acknowledge that anything was wrong.

I ordered two pairs of shoes in the same style and different styles and received only one, as well as an invoice stating the other size was “Cancelled - Out of Stock”. My card was still charged for a product that was unavailable and the company made no effort to inform me of this error. It seems entirely underhanded and deceptive - as if they would just pocket my money and act like nothing was wrong if I hadn’t come forward.

Apparently, Lord and Taylor’s website “doesn’t update in real time,” so there is always a possibility that all or part of an order gets cancelled. How is this business still functioning? I have never once run into this issue anywhere else in all my years of shopping online. On top of that, the company either cannot or does not credit money back to the account in a timely manner, which is simply unbelievable. Two or three days I understand, but ten and counting??? I’m still waiting for a refund on something I never received. Every step of getting my money back for a situation out of my control has been a hurdle that apparently requires 3-5 business days to investigate, and 3-5 more business days for the money to make it into my account.

I am fortunate that I have both the time to deal with this ridiculous situation, and that I am not in financial need of the money right away. I can’t even imagine how much more stressful and absurd this would be if that weren’t the case. This whole ordeal has left me in furious disbelief at the deceit and manipulation of this well-known company. I plan on keeping a copy of my invoice when I send in the shoes I did receive for return because I wouldn’t put it past this company to dismiss my case or pretend like it never happened. Get it together, Lord and Taylor.

2017-11-14

Dress Zipper Broke within 30 minutes of wearing it and no refund.

"I ordered a dress on the Lord and Taylor website. When it arrived I tried it on and it looked great so I throw away the tags. The day of the wedding I put the dress on and immediately went to a wedding. The dresses zipper came undone as I was walking into the church so I missed my friends wedding and had to go home and change. When I called Lord and Taylor asking for a refund or an exchange they told me it was a manufacturers problem and to call them. They gave me 20% back which was only $45 on a $233 dress. I am very disappointed with the service and it has been very difficult to get ahold of the manufacturer. I will definitely not be buying anything from them again."

2017-10-25

Worst customer service

"I do not recommend Lord and Taylor!"

2017-10-24

Very Disappointed

"I ordered the Tahari Wrap Coat online from Lord & Taylor and was very disappointed.

I usually wear a large and ordered a large. However, when I received it, it was way too small. I looked at the label to see if they sent me the wrong size.

Aside from being very small, the coat felt very thin and had no lining, making it scratching if I could wear it.

When I checked the return policy I found out I still have to pay $9.50. Even though invoice reads "Free shipping on returns" there is still a charge of $9.50. Very confusing.

I won't order from them again.

2017-10-11

Best customer service

"Old orchard has great service. Came in to get a gift for my mom and this worker really took the time to help me out. I got two kate spade bags and they looked perfect. Thanks to the young pretty girl who really took the time and wasnt basic. Old orchard lord Taylor is the place if you need help shopping"

2017-10-01

Done with Lord & Taylor...

"I paid for two orders with PayPal, and had to return both of them. Both times I had trouble with the transactions. They wanted to give me a "store credit" both times. What? They seem to forget that PayPal is cash. They finally gave me my money back after taking my driver's license number, and home address. They were hesitant to do so as well. Initially, when I went up to the Service Counter today, the sales person was not there, so I waited a few minutes. Finally, a lady comes over, puts up a sign that says CLOSED, and tells me "You can go over "there", and someone will help you". I guess I was interrupting her lunch break. Why didn't she just stay in the break room.

2017-09-26

Great service. Great product!

"I did a phone order after finding the product, a Hudson's Bay point blanket, on their online catalog. Yvette was very helpful and even gave me a 20 percent discount off the online price ! The blanket arrived today and was just what l expected."

2017-09-20

wrost customer service I had ever seen in my whole life

"They canceled 12 orders which I placed and when I called them asking for reason they said " you will get call in next 24 hours" and they will never call you."

2017-08-19

Terrible Customer Service for Online Orders

"I had two interactions with customer service for my first and ONLY order, and I was incredibly frustrated with both. Primarily, my experience with my incorrect order was clearly the worse of the two. The customer service rep accidentally slipped that it was documented I was substituted an item for the original item I ordered, which is now out of stock. She later denied this, but it was clear it was not an "accident'. The only two options I was provided was mail the item back for a refund, at my own inconvenience, or received a 15% discount. Neither of this were at all satisfactory, when it is clear I was substituted an item without any effort to contact me inquiring my preferences. I was also told that my return would be convenient and able to use USPS at my home, but the return label I was provided clearly states I must drop it off at a Fed Ex location. I extremely dissatisfied with the service provided at ordering and receipt, and do not plan on ever shopping Lord and Taylor again. I am happy to share this experience with friends and family, and anyone who will read this blurb. This is not what I expected from a high end retailer. I've wasted over an hour of my time with this transaction and still gained no satisfaction. Very disappointing. I would have done better on Amazon. "

2017-08-02

Employees refuse return to better their sales

"I went to the lord &a Taylor in the Livingston mall today and one of the employees, Kelsia, basically refused to return a cream I bought 3 days ago.
When I approached her to return the item, she immediately said," I should go return it where I bought it because it will affect our sales." I would..if I was already at the other store. Then she says it's only down the street (30 min. away). Then she went behind the register and opened the products and claimed she can't return a product because it's been used. The products were for my grandma, but I never got the chance to give them to her- so they were never used. I found it odd she didn't want to return the most expensive product I purchased... and instead said she can give me store credit. So basically it will be returned, resold- but the sale won't be affected. I am so livid Kelsia was more preoccupied with her sales than a customer trying to return unwanted products. Especially when the manager, Sharon, clearly expressed the same priority and offered store credit as the only solution. Really shows how the lord & Taylor store in Livingston mall is operating. Now, I need to make a 30min trip to be able to return the products. Thank you Kelsia and Sharon for helping yourselves out first before the customor

2017-08-01

Theft of funds from my checking account

"I attempted to place an order online on 7/31/17. The error message I received said there was an issue processing my payment. The items in my shopping bag were removed. I checked to see if the order was placed and it was not. A couple hours later I tried again. Same error message. I then tried when I arrived at work and received the same error message regarding my payment method. I deleted my debit card information and re entered it to ensure it was correct. Nothing worked. I then called Lord and Taylor to place the order. The payment was declined. I logged into my online banking and found that there were 12 authorization holds totaling $2,904.12 from Lord and Taylor. I called and they said the charges would drop off. I advised them this is not going to work for me. The amount of the hold is too much. After arguing with someone that did not speak English as a first language, I convinced her to request for the holds to be removed. I tweeted and bombarded Lord and Taylor with emails. First they said the holds will drop off in 3-5 business days. Who would allow $2,904.12 to sit on hold in their checking account? Especially when no order was placed. Eventually they did fax a request to my bank asking for the holds to be released. They then advised me this is now up to my bank. This is crap. I insisted on getting an explanation and was advised this will happen if their system or website is being updated. The order will not go through but the debit to your account will. I have filed a complaint with the FTC and recommend others doing so as well.

2017-07-20

Return Process

"1) I paid $23 for two day expedited shipping. I got 3 shipments instead of one and it took 5 days to deliver. In addition, they shipped one item in the wrong size! Explained this to customer service - everyday for a week! They confirmed that it took 5 days for shipping. A month later, they are still reviewing my claim to get my shipping cost reversed. Seriously?

2) I returned my item on July 3rd. It is now July 20th and they still cannot locate my return. Never buy anything online from Lord and Taylor.

My first time buying from them. Never again. Horrible experience.

2017-07-16

Very low quality website, Very poor quality credit card

"What happened to Lord & Taylor? They used to be one of the best places to shop. This is the only retail card I have kept for 15+ years. The website has to be the WORST internet experience ever. Today, I'm unable to put things in my shopping cart. Last week, it wouldn't take my credit card payment. I even called to phone in the order and, after 20 minutes on the phone, that didn't work either. I registered a complaint online about the poor credit card experience and they said they couldn't help me. I feel like I'm dealing with the Department of Motor Vehicles, not a high end retailer. Doesn't Lord & Taylor actually want to sell their goods? Or, is this some secret conspiracy to purposefully drive the place into bankruptcy? Truly, it appears they aren't even trying to win our business. "

2017-07-12

Beware: DON'T Shop Online during Friends&Family

"Last day of friends&family trying to buy a cart full of items and the site was not working. This had happened on several days during this sale. Waiting until that evening to buy and now it was not letting me check out. I call customer service, wait on the phone for an hour or so and am told me need to go item by item through my cart providing style numbers for each piece in order to purchase. My first 4 items were no longer in stock, yet they were still available through their site. First time I've had a terrible experience with L&T but has tainted my buying moving forward. Complete waste of time!"

2017-06-28

Pathetic customer service

"I was not able to locate the billing register... There was no sign board for the same, when i walked almost a half mile,i could find just one person who sent me in the wrong direction. Then again i reached the shoe section where all the employees were frustrated n not willing to help me, again they sent me to the wrong place.
When i was finally able to locate the register with the help of a friend, the lady at the counter said there is no tag to the dress, so u have to go again half a mile n bring the tag . I mean seriously???

Share lordandtaylor's store rating

lordandtaylor is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

lordandtaylor is not a merchant member
lordandtaylor does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!