Product & services pricing 7.47/10
Shipping & packaging: 8.41/10
Customer service: 7.86/10
Return/Replacement policy: 7.69/10
2018-07-20

Great Repair Guide. Mostly functional part.

"I installed the new display assembly without any issues, following the thorough, well executed guide.

The brand new display assembly has a spot a bit smaller than a dime that is dim. I've experienced these types of dim circles on LCD TVs and displays, but I'm fairly disappointed that a new display assembly would arrive like this.

I actually installed the new display over a month after ordering it, so I'm certain there's no chance of swapping it out and I plan to live with it. I have had terrible experience with ifixit support in the past -- their phone number is useless, they will never answer and after 5+ voicemails for a human to return my call, I gave up. Not a company to buy from if you have high expectations from customer support. I personally don't trust sourcing components from ebay/aliexpress/etc so I will probably continue to let ifixit do the sourcing, even after a subpar component this time.

2018-07-20

Great, comprehensive parts and tool for do-it-yourself Apple repairs

"I purchased 2 iPhone 6 batteries to replace the OEM aging batteries in my kids phones. The online instructions are fantastic and the tool kits the come with the battery kits are fantastic. They make the job quick & easy. A+"

Disappointed

"I did everything step by step and now my phone doesn't turn on/work anymore. "

2018-07-20

Great way to fix a phone

"The part came in perfect conditions and the instructions found on their site are great and easy to follow. This is the perfect solution for anyone who is careful enough and doesn't want to dish out the extra money to get someone else to fix it."

Easy peasy!

"Replaced my iPhone 6 battery in flash and the instructions were super easy to understand! Great job and product. Will be replacing my wife’s iPhone battery soon.."

2018-07-19

Great instructions, sub par components.

"While I really like the detail involved in the iFixit guides, the products they sell have been less than optimal. A screen I purchased for my iPhone SE has a milky white tint to it, and the touch screen doesn't respond well. The "glass" doesn't seem to have any resistance to scratches either... but that's conjecture. I also received a home button for the iPhone SE and they don't mention at all that it doesn't come with the TouchID. I expected a working TouchID since they were selling it for the iPhone SE, but was disappointed again.

Bottom line, great guides and tools. Substandard components.

Great Company

"Great Customer Service!! Thanks."

2018-07-19

LOW quality screen. High price.

"High price. Low-quality screen. "

Dependable

"I can always count on them to have the parts I need. I just wish the delivery services were better at faster delivery but that is another story. Thanks iFixit!"

Always satisfied.

"Always easy to find parts. Video's are outstanding when it comes to making the repairs."

Faulty/Cracked Screen Received

"Received a cracked screen and when customer service was contacted they rejected my request for a replacement. They claimed that the item was damaged during installation. However, the hairline crack was not noticed until the device was powered on. It is very unlikely that the screen was cracked during installation. There are several other options that are less expensive. "

2018-07-18

Old battery exploded in my face

"The original battery exploded and went really hot on my face. Drained the battery to 5% and followed the instructions to the teeth but still happened. Anyways i still went ahead and put the ifixit battery and phone still worked great no problems whatsoever except for the burnt marks in the case. I suggest wearing mask and gloves when replacing battery. "

No response from Customer Service

"I purchased a screen replacement from iFixit, because where else do you buy something like that that isn't eBay or Amazon Marketplace?
After replacing the screen the Touch ID no longer works. I have a suspicion that it's the cable on the new screen since it was out of place when I received it. I contacted support@ifixit.com and also the ifixit twitter. Two full days have gone by with no response. Yes, I got the confirmation email as receipt that my request had been received. That's not a response.
I guess next time I'll try iCracked.com, even though it's probably all the same company behind the URL.

LOVE IT!!!

"I love the iFixit product line of tools. They are not only packaged in a visually satisfying package, but they help me do my job. I am also impressed with the help articles that are available and the support. Absolutely wonderful. I will buy no other brand."

2018-07-17

Solid Replacement Screen

"I was able to replace my iPhone 6S screen with ease with this new replacement screen and everything seems to be working well so far! The screen did not come with the adhesive to put around edge like the iPhone 6S plus screen replacement that I bought for another phone but it fits snug. This screen also seems to include the sensor that allows auto dimming. The iPhone 6S plus screen replacement that I bought earlier this year apparently did not have that sensor so the auto dimming feature is not available in the settings. All in all, it seems like a great product for a great price."

Share iFixit's store rating