Product & services pricing 7.90/10
Customer service: 8.05/10
Return/Replacement policy: 8.00/10
2018-09-25

Ifixit Tools

"I ordered several plastic non-marring tools and so far the ones that I have used have been helpful in repairing various computer and TV related products. I would buy these again!!"

slow delivery

"Some how my package ended up going from California to Texas and back to California.
The normal delivery is 2-3 days it took 6 days to arrive.
I imagine the cause was the post office missed up and not fixit.
Since the part managed to be delivered to the correct address.

2018-09-24

Great source and information for replacing a phone battery

"I took my iPhone 6 to Apple to have the battery replaced. When they worked on it they claimed to discover a spot of brown liquid on the battery and then said that they were not allowed to work on my phone. I read about iFixit online and decided to give it a shot. I was impressed that they were matching the same price of less than $30 that Apple was. It arrived quickly with a full tool kit. Their instructions online were well written and had a high quality video to reinforce them. Despite all the screws and connectors being tiny, everything went off without a hitch. I did find the adhesive strips quite challenging. They were a pain to remove and reinstalling new ones did not go well but well enough that the battery is secure.

Because the ribbon cables were so small it was very hard to tell if they were attached properly so i had little confidence that the phone would switch back on again. But after plugging it into my PC, low and behold the apple symbol popped up and all the buttons worked so I guess it all went ok. I did find the spot of brownish liquid on the outside of the sealed battery. There is no sign of it anywhere else in the phone and it is clear that it did not leak out of the battery itself so I am positive it must have been this way from the factory. But why that tiny dot would disallow Apple from working on it I have no idea.

I will say that I wish the reinstall directions were a little bit more thorough than just "follow the removal instructions in reverse". But all in all it was a very good experience and one that I already have recommended to others.

Tools

"Awesome, thanks. Worked like a charm"

Excellent Customer Service

"iFixit has the best customer service around. I've never dealt with a company more willing to make sure you're happy than anyone else around. I love doing business with them and will continue to do so for years."

Great & Quality Service

"Parts were exactly what I needed, came in a quick manner with great tracking info. Will use repeatedly!"

2018-09-23

Great product with great support

"Got the iPhone screen replacement carefully packed with speedy delivery. Install was easy following online instructions and video for reference. Works and looks great! Thank you."

2018-09-22

They are good tool makers. Nice honest people. Willing to help you out in order to make your device YOURS.

"It was my first time ordering from their website. I had already purchased something of theirs from Google Express. But I found the website because I needed another tool, and I had a bit that the teeth had shaved off a little (gamebit 4.5mm) because I stripped it on this really really tight motorolla device. And they replaced it after I showed them my receipt. I have it now and it came in new condition.

I ended up buying the tool I needed (iopeners) and then I bought a backup kit because they are awesome. They even sent me their repair poster for free because I was a derp and rushed to complete my order and forgot I wanted that poster! Good people. Helpful and kind. Would recommend you buy your stuff from them if you are doing a device repair. 5/5.

iopener worked great btw! Much better than a heat gun and shards flying around (had to heat 45 secs instead of the 30). Only one thing I wish was different was that their in-house glue-remover was sold by itself. WIthout having to buy the gloves and spudgers and whatnot with it every time. And not just in 1 oz bottles for a single repair. But like a 5 oz bottle of some kind at least. Would be awesome.

MacBook Pro Battery Replacement

"I received my battery kit from iFixit and was impressed. The kit included everything I would need and more. I have an "Early 2013" MacBook Pro 15. The instructions I found on iFixit were not exact but seemed to be for a more complicated install. I simply skipped the parts that weren't relevant. I was extremely nervous about pulling the battery out. My battery was expanding and I worried that the pressure I was applying was going to cause a problem. It didn't. I was able to use the credit-card style scrapers to get under and slice the glue to get them out. The glue was frustrating. I can't believe Apple used so much. I worked for about an hour to carefully scrape it all out using a combination of the triangle pick tools and the credit-card tools and an old rag. The solvent was helpful, but not a magic pill, that's for sure. The removal of the glue was by far the hardest part and took the most time. Installation was simple and quick. After install everything started right up and About confirmed I had a fresh new battery. This process gets a thumbs up from me. The glue was frustrating, but all else was fairly easy, and the tools were excellent."

2018-09-21

Quality from start to finish!

"Liked what I saw from iFixit.com while investigating repair products for my phone. Liked the highly detailed video and repair guides that are on-line. When the box arrived it was quality packaging and parts! Not some cheap tools thrown in a box. The disassembly of my iPhone was exactly as shown in the guides, the new parts fit perfectly and reassembly was flawless. I would use iFixit again in a heartbeat!! Thanks iFixit, you made my day and saved me hundreds on a new phone!"

2018-09-21

Couldn't ask for a better set of tools

"Bought this kit for a custom PC build and did I couldn't of asked for a better set of tools!"

2018-09-21

Amazing tools, amazing guides, amazing site!

"All worked as planned! Take your time, follow the directions and make life easier by getting the tools (if you don't have your own) they provide as they really do make the job that much easier. "

iFixit

"I used iFixit many times for repair of my devices. iFixit offers the tools and their web page shows me how to do the job. I'll keep going to site and feel confidence in my repairs."

2018-09-20

Apple Watch battery replacement

"Very easy directions. Had to order twice just because I didn’t realize the swollen battery was the issue, but all went well and it is working perfectly!"

2018-09-20

Poor shipping

"It's two days past my arrival date and still no package. The shipping really **** here. "

Share iFixit's store rating