Stores > gigabyte
  • gigabyte

Voice your opinion! Review gigabyte by clicking a star below.
2017-11-13

Horrible customer service and repair department

"BUYER BEWARE!!!Gigabyte repair service and customer service is horrible!!
Will never buy a product from them again! Had my laptop for under 90 days when the left hinge broke. I called and explained and was told that it was still covered under warranty. However once I paid to have it shipped to them they said they will not cover the repairs - "We’re sorry, but physical damage is not covered under warranty.
The hinge and cover are physically damage and needs to be replace." I had to pay $165 for a hinge to be replaced the computer had no damage other then the broken hinge.DO NOT BUY A AORUS (GIGABYTE) COMPUTER !

2017-07-26

Wow. Just...wow.

"I feel bad for the people that have given reviews before me and even worse that they seem to have gone through the same thing I have. I should have known something was up when it took five extra days for UPS ground shipping to reach their company. Upon getting the RMA approved, I packaged it up the next day and, in spite of having to pay $14, sent it on its merry way. Seeing as this is my main computer, I of course was going to track its progress. I put the thing together; I wanted to make sure it would be up and running in a reasonable amount of time.

Right around there was where things started to go askew. As I mentioned, I was confused as to why it was taking so long to reach them as ground shipping takes 2-4 business days unless there's some weird act of God preventing them from doing so. I tracked the package via UPS, becoming even more confused when someone signed for it, but it was still saying the motherboard wasn't there. I figured it was going to take a little since it's a computer part. It takes time to diagnose it, fix it, etc.

On the 20th, nearly two weeks after receiving the motherboard, I guess the company decided to actually do something. It took them about three days, and I figured, once again, it's a computer part. These things take time. Then somehow, it took three more days to get the thing to the point where it was even shipped, and this after speaking to the customer service (Andy Smith. Seriously?) who told me that it would be sent out the day that it had been fixed.

I noticed on the ticket that it said conflicting actions had been taken. One said minor repair, and the other, no issue found. When I asked which one it was, customer service did the equivalent of a mental shrug and started repeating, "Oh, there were no issues." I asked why there was conflicting information in the first place and he mumbled something about the system being weird or things not being entered correctly etc.; basically, everything but an actual answer.

I proceed to ask if there wasn't an issue, then why did it take so long to send back? Why did it take so long to be taken care of if there was nothing wrong with it? Again I received a vague, mumbling answer and, frustrated, I bid "Andy" good day and hung up. Skip forward a couple of days. I notice the item STILL hasn't been sent out in spite of the fact that I had been told it would be sent out on the day I had called to get an ETA.

At this point, I didn't want to deal with the customer service via phone and wrote them an email. And, surprise surprise, guess who it was that answered? Yes, our friend "Andy". He asked for the Reference number, which I immediately wrote back along with the RMA number. I never received an answer. On anything, really. I checked my progress and it had (finally) been sent out, but still no reply from "customer service" with an ETA.

I was resigned to the fact that it would (hopefully) take 2-4 days as it was going via (once again) UPS ground shipping. Except, imagine my (lack of) surprise when I didn't receive a tracking number.

If there was anything I learned from this, it's simpler to just replace the darned thing as opposed to going through a seemingly inept "customer service".

2015-02-13

"Where to start. Let me start by rephrasing the review I am going to post below in a short, but polite manner.

This is the worst company I ever did business with! They don't reply to support tickets (over 9 days of waiting) and when they finally do answer back, they just send you some standard message which is totally useless and the least bit helpful. Gigabyte only responds when you start posting negative reviews on website like Newegg and such.

Anyways, that was the short version, below is my full review on Gigabyte.

I ordered 2x Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming cards a few months back. One of the two cards arrived DOA, something which I never experienced this before, however it can happen ofcourse. Got this replaced quickly luckily.

As of late I noticed stuttering and other problems when running several AAA-rated games at 2560x1440 with texture packs. By now everyone has read the problems with the GTX 970 line, which Nvidia advertised falsely under fake specifications.

For example;
1) the GTX 970 is not a real 4 GB VRAM card. It has 3.5 GB VRAM and 0.5 GB differently accessed (= slower) VRAM. To be more detailed 3.5 GB VRAM @ 196 GB/s (or a bit higher), the remaining 0.5 GB VRAM @ 28 GB/s!

2) the GTX 970 was advertised to have 64 ROPs (also Gigabyte advertised this), but in real-life it only has 56 ROPs.

3) also the card was advertised with having 2 MB of L2 Cache, however (again) this was a fake specifcation. It only has 1.75 MB L2 Cache.

After reading many, many negative stories on the internet and on various forums, including Nvidia's forum, I decided to create a support ticket at Gigabyte by using their "esupport" site. To see what they had to say about it and if they could offer a workable solution or that I should/could return the cards in general. I don't want to own cards which are using faked specifications. Nobody should!

After waiting for over a week and hearing ABSOLUTELY nothing, I decided to create multiple support tickets. However these are also completely ignored. It's like they don't have anyone monitoring it at all. Shameless.

After getting tired by the lack of support I decided to collect all emailaddresses I could find for Gigabyte and start emailing them ALL.

And guess what; they don't like that, so they finally respond. Now they want me to fill in a RMA form, so they can repair the cards? Seriously...?!

How are you going to repair a videocard which doesn't have the original advertised and therefor purchased ROPs, L2 Cache and VRAM? Are Gigabyte just gonna solder them on?!

I already had a bad experience in the past with Gigabyte motherboard and swore back then never to buy Gigabyte products again, BUT since this was several years ago and videocards are something completely different, I decided to give them a new try....

...right now, I wished I never had. It's seems a bad company who don't offer any support at all to their paying customers. They rather keep your money and let you solve your own problems instead of actually helping.

You only get "support" when you start email them on all their emailadresses. Nice. Very modern way of communicating to your customers, I must say.... NOT!

Well unlike other people, or in this case; customers. I am not going to let this pass. As you can read in this review. I am fed up with companies, like Gigabyte in this case, to take customers for a bunch of fools (no offence meant people).

Other thoughts: I would advice anyone to stay clear from Gigabyte completely, unlike you like terrible support and being treated like a fool.

I have dealt in the passed with other companies, both bigger and smaller, but Gigabyte is by far the worsed of them all with which I concluded business.

I really don't understand why people consider Gigabyte to be a good company at all. And after doing more research, for example looking around on Glass Door, I now understand why their support and customer relations are really lacking. They don't get offered promotions, employees are underpaid and have to work inhuman hours. So, no wonder... Who would actually do something for their customers at all?

So, my advice is; stay away from Gigabyte. It doesn't matter what you are looking for, just make sure it doesn't carry the Gigabyte logo on it. There are far better and more reliable companies out there, who actually do value their customers, unlike Gigabyte.

I am pretty sure that you will thank me for this valuable advice, sooner or later...

Godspeed...

2015-02-09

"filed RMA for 2 weeks, no single reply.
sent 2 emails to customer service for 1 week, no single reply

Ridiculous customer service

2014-08-14

"Good Products? Bad customer service! So call manager of theirs Maggie couldn't help me at all. I guy named Chuck made claims I might close my credit card and steal their shit. He even threaten me to put me on Hold FOREVER if I called back. Holy Shit Gigabyte. I just want my RMA solved. Damn!
Update: All solved They Honor My request after a couple of days..

2011-02-21

"GIGABYTE MOTHER BOARDS!!

INSTALLED A GIGABYTE MOTHER BOARD 880GA-UD3H ,AMD 880G STATA ON JANUARY 12, 2011. THE BOARD WAS ALITTLE CONFUSED TOOK FOREVER TO TRY TO INSTALL O/S SYSTEM, THEN IT COULDN'T FIND THE HARD DRIVE. NOW IT SAID ON THE BOX WINDOWS 7 SUPPORT? REALLY! AFTER READING THE MANUAL IT MENTIONED IT WAS INTENDED FOR WINDOWS XP AND VISTA. NEED TO LOAD DRIVERS EXTRA DRIVERS TO LOAD " WINDOWS 7". IF YOUR GOING TO PUSH A NON WINDOWS 7 BOARD AND PRINT WINDOWS 7 SUPPORT ON THE BOX, ATLEAST YOU COULD DO IS SUPPLY AN EXTRA CD WITH DRIVERS, HERE'S AN IDEA FLASH THE BIOS BEFORE YOU PUSH IT ON THE PUBLIC. THIS COMES PRETTY CLOSE TO FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!! BUT WHAT THE HECK. WHAT DOES THE AMERICAN PUBLIC KNOW THEY SEE WINDOWS 7 SUPPORT AND GUESS WHAT WE ASSUME IT'S A W 7 BOARD. THOSE STUPIID AMERICANS THEY BUY ANYTHING. THOSE THOUGHTS WERE NOT RUNNING THROUGH YOUR MINDS NOW WERE THEY !! ANY WAY SENT IT BACK TO VENDOR AND REPLACE IT. PURCHASED THE GA890GX STATA AMD MOTHER BOARD NEXT. THE INSTALL WENT GOOD. FOUND MY HARD DRIVE, AND LOADED WINDOWS 7 PRETTY IMPRESSIVE. DID I MENTION IT HAD A SHORT TO GROUND!! AND TOOK OUT 2 HARD DRIVES, ONE CPU, ALL CASE FANS, VIDEO CARD GPU, 4 OPTICAL DRIVES MEMORY COOLING FANS NICE GOING GIGABYTE. CALLED YOUR SUPPORT AND WAS TOLD TO PUT THE BOARD BACK IN AND DON'T CONNECT ANYTHING. OK SO I DID THAT AND STILL GOT A SEVERE BURNING SMELL WHICH ACTUALLY CLEARED MY SINUSES. I WOUNDER WHAT BURNING CHEMICAL ODER DOES TO ONES LUNGS!!!!

2009-09-15

"Bought a gigabyte ex38-ds4 motherboard from newegg.com. First off the motherboard went bad within 2 months and had to shut my business down for 2 weeks for gigabyte to RMA this product, Next 2 months later it happens again. Now im on my 3rd one and its acting up and gigabyte refuses to do anything but have me shut my business down and send this motherboard to them to check, JASON at Gigabyte RMA service said they have no replacement board in stock and they have to get the motherboard and check it out before they can do anything. This is tooo excessive of motherboards being bad for them not to make it right. Ill never buy gigabyte again and if your smart you wont either. Their Support it horrable.

Carl

Ornery's Avatar

Northeast Ohio
2007-10-31

"Complaint Description: Purchased GV-NX76T256D-RH video card from NewEgg.com on 2-25-2007. Submitted rebate documentation 03-02-2007. Contacted Gigabyte Technologies via email about status of rebate on 6-21-2007. lilianchiang@gigabyte-usa.com replied that check # 2227 had been mailed to me.

As of this date, I have not received that check. I contacted her by phone, 626-854-9338 Ext. 108, and told her this. She said I would have to wait a few months. I contacted her on 9-4-07 and she said they couldn't be responsible for the mail. I protested and she asked to send a copy of my documentation, which I did via email. I've yet to receive a reply to that.

Issue was turned over to Los Angeles BBB on 9-20-2007, and nothing has been accomplished by them. Recieved following reply on October 31, 2007, from rebate@gigabyte-usa.com:

We are sorry to inform that Gigabyte do not responsible for any mail lost and do not accept resubmission which we stated very clearly on the terms and conditions of rebate.

2005-01-11

"WORST SERVICE EVER

***UPDATE*** As of today (2/1/2005) I have not received a replacement board YET. I purchased A NEW MOTHERBOARD - MSI nForce4 Ultra (which ROCKS, by the way). Don't waste your money on any product hawked by these idiots. In my opinion, they are no better than criminals -- they take your money and leave you with NOTHING.

I have always read the reviews (Tom's HW, AnandTech) and they have always been pretty positive.

I recently purchased a GA-K8NF-9 nForce4 Socket 939 mobo as a Christmas present for myself. What an unstable, nightmarish piece o' crap this turned out to be. First, the on-line vendor REFUSED to give me a replacement/refund - read the fine print, kids. :(

If I'd have seen this disclaimer, the bells would have gone off and I would have run away, screaming.

Now, for the last 3 weeks of my life, I have been in some pseudo-limbo e-mail-like discussion with what I will laughingly refer to as "technical support".

I troubleshoot: I swap out my Crucial RAM with Patriot RAM (which, according to the website is compatible with Gigabyte mobos), trying 1, 2 and 4 sticks. I swap the ATI X800 XT vid card for an nVidia 6600. I swap PSUs. It still locks up when running 3D apps,

I e-mail Gigabyte and explain to them the symptoms. I explain to them what I have done in my troubleshooting steps. I explain to them the step-by-step methodology to recreate the failure.

Several days later, I get a response - in broken English - that I should try swapping out the RAM to a different brand and try it with 1 stick.

Ooooookaaaaay . . . =/

I can see where this is going. They insist I buy a different set of RAM. I refuse, because I've already checked that and I don't want to spend another $250, thankyouverymuch.

Finally - just last week - they relent and give me the super-secret RMA e-mail address. I send in a query to them about my mobo and they send me 2 forms I must fill out - 90% if the info required is THE SAME ON BOTH FORMS!!!!

But these are just forms to REQUEST an RMA. Yeaaaayyy! I have been granted special dispensation to REQUEST an RMA!!!.

This was last week (1/3/05).

I have received nothing yet. Par for the course, so far.

2004-12-18

"Bundled board software (Easy Tune) worthless and doesn't even work with this board according to Gigabyte tech support. Frequent crashes despite default settings. Documentation does not fully explain all BIOS options. Very poor support. I bought this overly priced board on claims of superior performance et al but NOT there. Works but that is about all I can say."

2002-11-01

"I have used Gigabyte motherboards for some time and have enjoyed the ease of installation. I haven't had a complaint until I tried to have Gigabyte honor a warranty on a defective motherboard. Then the nightmare began. It began in late September when I had to deal directly with Gigabyte and their warehouse in City of Industry, CA. I sent an email requesting an RMA which came back several days later. I sent the motherboard to them UPS 2nd day @ a cost of $15 as they were on the West Coast and I was on the East Coast and needed the board kind of ASAP. Two weeks went by with no response. Finally I called and spoke with David Liu (Lo whatever...selection #4 RMA)sp? and was told my motherboard had come in on a day he wasn't there and had been overlooked and that he would get one out the next day to me. I called him the next day to get a tracking number from him and he said the board had gone out and gave me the tracking number. He also said that his "engineers" had tested the board for 24 hours and found nothing wrong with it but that he had sent me a new board anyway. Friday UPS brought my "new" board. I opened the box and found the exact same board I had sent them with another serial number affixed to it. (SN are simple stick on labels that peel off very easily). I knew it was the same board as the failure that had occurred was a chip that cracked and the solder under it had partially melted. There was no doubt it was the exact same board. I called and spoke with Tony Chen (who is supposed to be over this warehouse) he hemmed and hawed and asked me the board numbers and I explained fully what had happened and that I felt deceived. He checked the SN of the board I had and said it wasn't even in his system. He said he would check into it and get back with me Monday. This is the following Friday. I heard nothing from Gigabyte about their lying and deceptive employee or from Tony Chen who assured me he would straighten it out. I called again and spoke with Charles at ext.102 who had assured ne earlier in the week when I tried to call (and spent 45 minutes explaining the whole thing again) that he would pass the matter on to the appropriate channels. Today I called again and Tony Chen tells me that if I give him my credit card number he would send me another motherboard and credit me when he received the one I was holding. OR he would have the board picked up and send UPS Ground back to CA and then when he received the board and processed the RMA he would ship it back (UPS Ground). This would mean another two weeks before I got a working motherboard (seven weeks total). What a crock, this company is irresponsible, dishonest, and a group of crooks. Their employees (even upper management) will lie to you and cheat you and then act like you are the one who can't be trusted. Buyer Beware if you should ever have to have Gigabyte honor their warranty. You will get screwed!! They are not honorable people."

Share gigabyte's store rating

gigabyte is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

gigabyte is not a merchant member
gigabyte does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!