Stores > eCollegePC
  • eCollegePC eCollegePC Elite Status

Product & services pricing Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10
Voice your opinion! Review eCollegePC by clicking a star below.
2018-02-02

eCollegePC: What a Buying Experience Should Be

"In summary, building and buying a PC from eCollegePC exemplifies the very highest quality standards in the marketplace. If you're serious about buying a custom configured PC and want; great service, straight-forward configuration, competitive pricing, and a killer system you'll be happy with, look no further. Highlights of my experience include:

* Easy, uncomplicated selection of the components I needed on the website.
* Professional, thoughtful guidance (by phone) on putting together the final build (no up-sell - just facts and experienced opinions).
* Performance. Quality, on-time build and shipping. What was promised, happened.
* Rapid, considered and clear communication. WYSIWYG invoicing.
* Well packed, high quality plug n play system with ZERO bloatware or "fluff". All component manuals and spare parts included.

No matter your skill level, working with Mike and his team at eCollegePC will be one of the best technology buying experiences you can have. I base this recommendation on 30 years of experience buying systems, both for personal use and volume office use. I will be recommending eCollegePC to all my friends/clients, and will look to them for my next purchase(s).

I have absolutely no service or upgrade needs at the moment, but should that occur, I have 100% confidence that the eCollegePC team will take care of me; professionally, fairly and promptly.

2018-02-01

What Dell used to be a long time ago .....

"I tried another online, larger, custom computer assembler that had a lot of very good reviews, but about 10% bad reviews. I ended up being one of the 10% with missing and DOA components. Seller didn't check it before shipping.

So I found eCollegePC, with a small minority of bad reviews. Mike gave me a good price, shipped in about a week, delivered it to my office (other required home address), and the computer is functioning perfectly. Mike was very easy to deal with - a couple of emails, online payment, then the custom computer shows up. Assembly was orderly with cables neatly tucked away. i suggest you avoid any other seller with disproportionate 1 star reviews no matter what. Some custom computer manufacturers "graduate" to bulk/boring mass market systems, like Dell did. eCollegePC seems still geared for the custom/enthusiast buyer seeking high performance; if that's who you are, they are worth a look.

2017-11-09

Just built the pc i was dreaming of!

"Really love it! everything is well cabled and very neatly organized. lots of room for growth and all the parts are good, name brands. I was able to save money by opting out of parts that I already had, something that doesn't seem to be an option on the other pc building websites I checked out. From the purchase date it took less than a week to arrive. I accidentally entered the wrong address to ship the pc to and customer service figured it out quick and painless. I am pretty hella happy with my purchase! "

2017-11-06

I've been buying from eCollegePC for a long time.

"They sell good parts, give great service but, most important of all, their advice is truthful and they aren't trying to make big bucks from each sale.
I am upgrading a PC that I originally bought from them 7 years ago. In the interim I've updated all the drives, power supply and installed a high end video card. I'm a photographer and the big files from new cameras were just slowing me down and so I went back to eCollegePC for advice and a quote.
I repeated his suggestions in a thread in an online community and the general consensus was that the price was eminently fair and it was an excellent upgrade for my purpose.
There was one last incident that proved their worth. I asked if my existing power supply was adequate and, even knowing he could have sold me an upgrade, Mike told me that mine was fine.
Top notch place.

2017-09-01

OMG! its so tiny and cute!

"Recently built myself a gaming system from eCollegePC and had to say the service was amazing along with the price. They answered my email about shipping promptly, and the computer arrived within a week. The computer is well put together, cable management great, and OMG! it is so so quiet, had to turn my room fan off to even hear it, and even then i had to strain. The case is super tiny (only 15" tall!) and cute too so i love it. Really cant recommend these guys enough, you wont be disappointed."

2017-08-09

First time with this vendor

"I have a background in information technology and have had experience building software images for an agency of the US Government. We had a few different computers fri, major computer manufacturers. I know how much attention to detail is required to match software to hardware. It took patience and hard work , and I rarely succeeded the first time.
As a result, I have been patient with builders of computers who have omitted a driver or forgot to include a component required. Maybe five computers from different vendors. No one has ever got it perfect. Until now.
Ecollegepc got it right the first time. They even plugged sockets on the computer case that were not pertinent to my build. I am hard to impress. But I am this time.

2017-07-14

Amazing

"Excellent customer service. They respond to your email or calls quickly. Excellent computer builders with extremely competitive prices. I would've given them a rating of 10/5 if I could."

2017-06-27

Excellent Customer Service

"Machine arrived timely - looks great and working well so far! My son loves it, but forgot to get a wireless card so I reached out to customer service. Mike responded VERY quickly and even made recommendations on what to purchase for us! In an age where customer service is dead, it's nice to work with a company that still appreciates its customers! Thanks, Mike! "

2017-05-05

The Real Deal

"I purchased a custom gaming computer from e-college PC in January 2017 and wanted to wait a few months before I wrote this review to see how the machine performed over time. Well I can't say enough good things about this company. The entire process was quick, efficient and I got exactly the computer I wanted. This is the fourth custom machine I have ordered over the past 12 year - the previous three from other vendors, so I believe I have a reasonable comparison based upon my experience with other computer builders.

The first thing I noticed when looking at e-College's offerings was that they were not forcing me into a partially pre-built machine, some components of which I did not want but could not change. In the past few years I have noticed that this seems to be the trend in this industry - moving away from "you pick exactly the components you want" to "we will build half the machine and you choose the rest". This was true with every other vendor I looked at but was not the case with e-College. You choose every component you want and you aren't penalized financially for that option. The machine that I had built could not have been completed by any other manufacturer because they either did not offer or did not have all the components I wanted. I was even able to get the newly released samsung 1Tb 960 Pro m.2 drives the day after they were released to the consumer market. These drives were out-if-stock everywhere because of anticipated demand.

The second major difference I noted in dealing with e-College was the time from order to delivery, which in my case was about 10 days. In all my previous custom purchases the process took anywhere from 6-8 weeks and that was after many calls asking them about my ship date. e-College also offers warranty options and support that far exceed those offered by any other vendor I have come across. As far as price goes, I got much more computer for far less money than I could have gotten from any other builder.

Lastly and most importantly, the computer I received runs like a dream. I have had it for 4 months and it hasn't missed a beat. In the end this is really what it's all about. A great machine at really good and fair price.

This company bypasses the advertising blitzes and claims of the other vendors and very quietly just gets it done. If all remains as is in terms of performance of my unit, I will never buy a computer from any other builder - they have earned my business and I highly recommend them to anyone who is in the market for a custom machine.

2017-05-03

Incredible Product and Support!

"I was in the market for a new PC as mine has slowly become dated. I used them to build a gaming PC, but any PC in general will surely give the same incredible support and results.

While their website doesn't have as many bells and whistles as the major PC players out there, they really do an amazing job. It's very simple to navigate and do your build. In doing so, I had a few questions/concerns, and that's where the awesome tech support helped.

Mike from tech support is truly a master, both in his timely replies and the detail he gives in his answers. he answered all of my questions and gave me options as to what would work in my build. He even suggested cheaper options that would do the job in regards to cooling and cases, which was awesome. Once I had a final build ready he said it looked good, and I felt 100% confident in my choices after a few emails back and forth with him.

The price as well is wonderful. I did similar builds on other websites (at least 10) and this was the best. And they all had the top notch products available (processors, graphics cards, motherboards, etc). Before I would complete 75% of a build on a different website, it would already exceed what eCollegePC quoted me on.

They shipped it with great care, included every manual and information for every piece and even wrapped the important parts INSIDE of the PC so they don't get damaged. I am so happy with my build.

If you are considering building a PC or know you want to for sure, just stop looking. Use eCollegePC. Seriously. Anybody else is a complete waste of time and money.

2017-04-27

Exceptional Customer Service

"They are very responsive and really take care of you. I would recommend this site to anyone who wants a fairly priced custom built PC with customer service you can count on."

2017-02-05

Not really a review writing kind of guy...

"I normally don't take the time to write reviews. Maybe I'm a little old school, but the product I purchase is the product I expect. What Mike and eCollegePC did for me goes above and beyond all of my expectations. I recently purchased a highpowered, yet affordable build from them as a little treat for myself after looking at buying a PC for the past year or two. I have zero experience building PCs, but knew enough about the various pieces that I felt I could comfortably pick what I'd like in my build. Their hardware selection is fantastic, and consistently updated. Prices are comparable to what you can find on Amazon or Newegg. I ordered my PC, and received the confirmation and invoice shortly. Ordered on a Wednesday, received the next Wednesday -- shipping was a breeze, and everything was packaged extremely well. My computer was safe and snug, with all of the different manuals/optional pieces bagged nicely. All I had to do was plug everything up at home and turn it on -- and it's been running like a dream ever since! I would HIGHLY recommend eCollegePC to anyone even lightly considering building a custom build. I saved a great amount of money as opposed to going through the more well known websites. I cannot speak highly enough of the job they did for me! Thank y'all so much! "

2017-01-06

Awesome Computer at an Awesome Price

"I had a great experience with Ecollegepc. Computer is perfect. Fast build and shipping. Couldn't be happier. I highly recommend them!

2016-10-07

Mike is a AI!

"As a PC gamer I built my own since I can remember including liquid cooling and air cooling PC. I had done several month of research and plan to built it myself, but I had become very lazy after many many years building it myself. I went to several different custom build website and compare price and parts, which eCollegePC beats all the other sites price by far. Also if they don't have what you want just email sales and they will get it for you. What is funny is that I just stumble upon eCollegePC by chance base on another site review and what is amazing is that their site looks something I would of built in college, which is plain and simple but don't judge it's book by it's cover because they are a amazing company. I highly recommend eCollegePC for awesome service, products, and support. Great Work Mike and Staff. (P.S. I think Mike is an AI that does it all.)"

2016-10-01

Absolutely the Best!

"I email Mike a few times, and explained to him that this would be my first gaming pc. I told him exactly what I needed to do, as I am also a student. I am loving my pc, and I will definitely be ordering again pretty soon. Customer service was the best I have ever experienced. Thanks Mike. "

Share eCollegePC's store rating

eCollegePC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

eCollegePC is a merchant member
eCollegePC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,462 merchant members.