Stores > eBay

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.47/10 1.47/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.69/10 1.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.78/10 0.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.62/10 1.62/10
Voice your opinion! Review eBay by clicking a star below.
2017-11-16

Don't sell unless you want to get ripped off

"Sold a doll worth 160 for 80. Buyer repeatedly asked if it was black and I told her (challengerassociate) it's tan, but white. When she got it she said the box came crushed and dress stained. Told her it has insurance, take to post office for money. She refused. She filed a claim, I spoke with Ebay who reviewed the messages and said I had to go to the post office. Post office regulations say the receiver has to take in the box. They found for her and when I received the doll back she had lied her **** off. I pulled all listings. Another lady wanted more pictures of a doll box, sent them, pointed out imperfections, after she got it she said she wasn't told (have messages to the contrary) and guess what, they found for her too. You can't reach anybody via chat or email, when you call you get a foreigner who doesn't know their **** from a hole in the ground. I switched to letgo.com "

2017-11-14

ebay tolerates fraudulent sellers

"I bought a Windows 7 activation key from a seller which was supposed to be harvested from computers that were taken out of service. The key worked great for several months then stopped working when I received the Windows Not Genuine message from Microsoft. Since the transaction was past ebay's time limit, they do not give buyers any way to complain to them. The reason the key quit working was obvious fraud by the seller -- he sold the key another time."

2017-11-13

New to EBay but the honeymoon is over.

"Since I started using EBay I hàve run into two fraudulent sellers, one item that would not accept payment even though I won auction. One item that shows delivered yet never arrived. But the best part was when a customer service agent threatened to find for the seller and deny my claim for not agreeing to jump through hoops for them. Now I have had some good buys but for the hassle I think I will stick with Amazon."

2017-11-05

Robotic custimer service

"I closed my account today. I had enough. Sold a phone, buyer purchased shipping and priduct got stuck as intransit. Buyer then opened case against me, evay refunded him and kept my seller fee. So, now im out a phone, out a sale and had to pay fees to EBAY. How is this fair? Its not and this is why Ebay is going under and Amazon will take all the customers. Amazon treats me like a human being! "

2017-11-05

Ebay only protects their own interest

"Sold an item on Ebay specifically with a no return no exchange policy. Buyer decides to change his mind. Ebay steps in and decides to let the buyer get a refund. I abide and return the item. So this should have been a no sale and I should not get a final value fee. But nope Ebay decides to be greedy and still charges me a final value fee. That's how greedy Ebay is. I will cease selling on Ebay and will discourage other friends, relatives and acquaintances to do the same. "

2017-11-03

EBAY NOT HELPING BUYERS WHEN SELLERS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF

"Ordered an Item on ebay for 125.00 not only it did not work but it was impossable to upgrade /register they have so many different web sites , even the paperwork that was sent with item was not correct , they said they sent my refund but never did and ebay will not help at all.. They are not even looking into these scammer companys and con artist, My bank account has been hacked into from sellers on ebay customer speaks no english and do not understand anything... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED you know how it gos companys start out great and get greedy greedy and greedier DO NOT ORDER FROM EBAY...."

2017-11-03

Scammer

"Sold an item on eBay got scammed.ebay did not do anything about it poor customer service don't do business on eBay bunch of scammers on it....."

2017-11-02

Stalls from sellers

"I had a n item that I listed with a no return policy. Seller received it, installed it, decided that it did not work with his system, asked ebay to step in. Ebay let him keep the item and took away my money. PURE THEFT. Seller beware!!"

2017-10-31

Fraud and China product

"My experience with Ebay was terrible the product I have received was garbage and they didn't do anything about it. Don't buy anything in Ebay. Don't waste your money."

2017-10-29

Sellers Beware.....Buyers can return item just by stating it is fake!!

"I have been a seller on eBay for the last 5 years. I have never had any issues until recently. I sold a luxury item to a buyer who kept it 21 days and then requested to return it as it was "fake". I tried communication through eBay with the buyer who refused to answer my emails requesting additional information. I contacted eBay customer service as I had no response from buyer. EBay customer service told me to do nothing and that a case would be opened requesting additional information from buyer. A case was opened, but only to insist that I take the item back. I again called eBay customer service and was told that a buyer can return an item for any reason as long as it is within the 30 day money back guarantee window. So I asked the question.....does this mean that someone can buy any of my items and simply state it is fake, without proof, and I have to take the item back? I was told yes. So those of you selling out there on eBay.... BEWARE......your high end items can be called fake by the buyer.....even if it is not true.....and you have to take the item back. Great part is, if it doesn't come back to you in the condition you sold it in, you have to fight with eBay to try and reverse the return......not worth it in my opinion. I have given eBay a lot of money in fees over the last 5 years....but no more. I have closed my account and will not be buyer or selling on eBay ever again."

2017-10-26

Unbelievable how low they've dropped. They will seize to exist in 3-5 years with how badly they are treating their sellers.

"Horrible Company. Sellers are treated terribly..."

2017-10-24

Never try to sell anything on EBay!

"I've only tried to sell 2 items and I've already lost about $180 dollars because of because of terrible policies, terrible customer service, and ridiculous fees. Have been a buyer for 10 years. I'm closing my account because of this.

Fun fact everyone, if you just SAY that a product is defective, the buyer cant decline it or do anything about it. Customer service will advise you to just give the refund then use the seller protection features. You'll call back and they'll tell you that because your not a business account and because you've "accepted" the return, as they've advised, that they won't protect you. They also wont waive the $18 in fees for the $79 item you sold. Absolute garbage company.

If you don't like your product, don't want it, or just because you feel like it, request a refund and say the item is defective. You'll rip off the seller and make out like a bandit. That's what happened to me

2017-10-24

Ebay Unjust Policies

"Ive been selling and buying on ebay for years. Recently I bought a tent woodstove. The seller sent the wrong stove and refused to work with me to return or exchange it. I opened a case on ebay and they said since I received a stove that the sale was final. this is a classic bait & switch. Ebay has repeatedly let me down as both a seller and consumer. I used to love ebay and its culture, but I now I feel I must give in and start using Amazon."

2017-10-22

Seller

"Not sure why my account was suspended while they continue to let other sellers continue to sell like items. Pick and choose much? Probably should get busy suspending accounts before someone chooses to bring lawsuit for bad buisiness practices. "

2017-10-22

EBAY **** NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I AM SO DISGUSTED WITH eBay NOW I PROBABLY will never do business like this again with them .
I tried to sell my wave runner on eBay 4 damn times !!! and each freaking time I have buyers bidding on items that they had no intentions on buying or paying for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I relisted it and again same thing happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and what's worse s you can no longer leave negative feedback so these scam artists will go on there and buy **** and suffer no direct harm !! I'm so disgusted with this whole thing I will NEVER sell anything on EBay again ! COMPLETE WASTE OF DAMN TIME I ENDED UP SELLING BOTH WAVERUNNERS OFF OF FACEBOOK ! EBAY 0 FACEBOOK 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share eBay's store rating

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!