Stores > eBay

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.72/10 1.72/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.24/10 2.24/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.09/10 1.09/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.48/10 1.48/10
Voice your opinion! Review eBay by clicking a star below.
2017-12-18

Auto Scam

"Last week a family friend decided to purchase a vehicle using eBay Motors. The vehicle was decent for the year and the price was even reasonable. Nothing raised any red flags. He ultimately purchased several eBay cards to complete the transaction and received correspondence from eBay regarding the transaction. He was supposed to text drive the vehicle but it never arrived. When contacted, eBay had no knowledge of said transaction eventhough he all the documents he received from them. None the less he is out of over $1000 and eBay has yet to respond to the situation. So just beware when purchasing a vehicle online."

2017-12-18

Needs to change the name to FeeBay

"I'm a longtime EBay user. The fees are off the charts now so you have to be REALLY careful. Look at everything before you list. I don't recall it ever being this bad. Won't use for selling any longer. "

2017-12-17

Ebay does not help sellers at all

"I listed a 1982 gold Panda coin and sold to China on Ebay. On my listing there were 8 large photos with very fine definition for the coin. The coin was uncirculated and in perfect condition. A week later the China customer requested to return and said there was a small scratch on the coin. I said when I sent out the coin, there was no scratch at all. He also said the scratch can be seen from my listed photos. If so, why did you bid on it? I refused to accept return because gold coin could be switched. Ebay took all money in Paypal ($450) and gave it to the buyer. It is ridiculous. I will never ever sell anything on eBay. I am still thinking about a lawsuit for this."

2017-12-16

Seller's fees are ridiculous

"eBay knows they have you pinned in a corner. They charge you 10% commission on both product sales AND shipping. I'm not sure how they can sleep at night knowing they are ripping people off. Unfortunately your only other options are OfferUP or Craigslist, and then you wait around for people to show up who never have enough money to buy what you have for sale.

eBay also needs more restrictions on foreign sellers. There should be a search selection allowing buyers to choose the countries they want to purchase from. I choose North America, and inevitably half the stuff that show up on my search ends up shipping from China anyway.

2017-12-13

Ebay doesn't care!

"Two times in the past nine days they have "removed" my items for bid THE LAST DAY OF THE BIDS!!! The 1st item was at $1300, and the 2nd was up to $1900. The only reason they could give was because we removed Paypal as the primary payment form. Even though we went through Ebay to use their gateway system to process credit cards. Apparently there are no kick backs from credit card companies.
Their C.S. reps are apparently ALL outsourced because not ONE every one I have spoken to has been from India, and absolutely USELESS for resolution. They don't care what happens to ANYONE as long as it doesn't affect their bottom line.

2017-12-12

They cater to scammers because they make more money

"They take way to much for sales. Made me sick for a couple days from shock of what eBay claimed from my $4000 sale.

I recently had a seller lie to me about a low mileage engine he stated came from a low mileage van. He had pictures of the van, engine, odometer and the vin. My engine was worn out. I traced the engine serial number to the donor vehicle vin and it did not match. Ebay would not gelo me at all. Then the seller sold another engine using the same pictures, odometer and vin# as the one I bought. I reported it to Ebay and they did nothing. After two weeks the seller sold that engine to someone and there was nothing I could do frim keeping someone else getting scammed. Money is more important to them.

2017-12-09

Horrible!!!

"eBay is the worst!!! They charge you for everything if you are a seller. And then they charge a surcharge no thanks eBay I will sell on my own!!! Worst ever!!! And don't get me started with payment because that's worse!!!"

2017-12-08

Shopping online this holiday?

"EBay is a great place to get some awesome deals, you just have to watch your pockets, almost in the same way you do when you are out in the real world.

If you are on eBay, for instance, shopping those amazing deals, be careful of the thieves. You come across a deal that just seems too good to be true, be careful, it just may be. Well how do you know? Are there ways to tell who legitimate sellers are and who are the bottom feeing scum? There are ways.

The best way - Check the buyer’s feedback profile. If they have a lifetime number of feedback ratings that are less than ten, especially zero, do not purchase from this seller. EBay actually helps these thieves get away with their crimes. When the unsuspecting buyer falls for these great sales, they open a resolution dispute. After it's all over, the seller will have already be gone with your money, plus you are not allowed to leave negative feedback for the buyer either. Yes, more than likely you will get your money back, but it takes time, and it is out of eBay's pocket, the thief is free and clear.

Sometimes, these thieves also have a way of high jacking someone's dormant account. You will see something like 500 feedback. My rule is, if the deal is just too good to be true, check a little closer. Go to the seller's feedback page and see the recent feedback ratings left for them. If the feedback is only from a while back ago, nothing recent, I suggest you move along. It's not worth the aggravation.

If the thief is a super-criminal, they may wish to make their eBay career last a bit longer by actually shipping something either to your home, or at least to your mailing zip code. Let's say you order a kitchen aid mixer for about $125. Great deal, yet the seller sends you a letter that was tracked to your home. EBay would take this tracking information and claim that the buyer is the one that is lying. The seller keeps your money and moves on to the next victim. In this case, you are allowed to leave negative feedback which may ward off future potential victims, but your money is gone and also is your good name as eBay has labeled you as the one who is trying to acquire free items from their website.

There are plenty of great deals on eBay, but the crooks are getting smarter, you need to stay ahead of the game, and learn how to sniff out the crap they reek of.

2017-12-07

Ebay has horrible customer service

"In November of 2017 I put an order on Item 182909205228 and paid it right away via Paypal. Next day ebay removed this item from listing and cancelled the deal. Without any apology to my inconvenience or help to return my money back ebay only told me to contact resolution center to get my money back. I tried to contact ebay on line but there is no access to send messages to them, the only way to reach them is by phone which you need wait at least 10 minutes. I eventually contacted paypal and got my money back by myself. However, my ordeal didn't end. Later, I found the item in my ebay account has been marked unpaid that means I violated rule---committed to buy but failed to pay---which is definitely a negative affect to my credit record. I contacted ebay customer service for clarification but was told although it is a mistake they can't correct it but hide it!

2017-12-07

BUYER HAVE NO RIGHTS - EBAY will not nelp when a seller tries to cheat you

"I bid on an item from a EBAY seller named "GROUPIES". I won and paid the winning bid and the $13.50 shipping cost they listed. A week later I contacted seller and asked when I would receive the item because it was a xmas gift for a service member overseas. They said that they wanted $10 more for shipping or they would cancel the order. I called EBAY customer service and the representative opened a complaint and said if I did not receive the item by Dec 13 they would take action against the seller. Later that day the seller "GROUPIES" CANCELLED THE ORDER so i called EBAY and got a new representative who after reviewing the case said there was nothing EBAY could do because the seller had said that if I did not send them additional money for shipping they would cancel my order. The EBAY representative said that they have no control over anyone who sells on EBAY. SO TO SUM IT UP THE REPRESENTATIVE SAID THAT IF YOU BUY SOMETHING ON EBAY THE SELLERS DO NOT HAVE TO HONOR THE PRICE OR THE SHIPPING THAT THEY POST IN THERE LISTING AND THEY CAN BLACKMAIL YOU TO GET THEM TO SEND YOUR ITEM THAT YOU PAID FOR."

2017-11-30

Good to bad

"I have been buying from Ebay for over 3 years,they were good at 1st if a problem like items arived broken or not at all i would get a refund,but the last year it seems like more and more issues,more calls to customer service that are people from a different country and do not comprehend what your talking about and thats after you have been on hold forever,past around to different people,discconected and then have to go through whole thing again. So here is my list of DO NOT BUYS FROM EBAY. Electronics because when they arrive and dont work you are lucky to get a partial refund and then stuck with something to throw in trash. Clothes cuz if they dont fit you usually have to pay shipping to return even if you order a size 12 but fits like a size two. Recently i have ordered a coat from Great Britain, I was very skeptical of this of ordering anything from out of the country but I thought well I'll try it the coat looks great and if it comes to Big I can give it to my husband but that being the problem if it comes? eBay has a global Shipping called pinty boughs I have found out afterwards now trying to track package it came close to my house in the same state within 2 hours away from me and then was shipped back to another state and now no one can find it. I live in the mountains so it's hard for me to go to town to shop so that's why I use eBay but I think now we'll just use Amazon, I spend more time on the phone more time going back and forth to my post office box looking for packages I could drive to town which I'm trying to avoid in the first place because it's two hours away. So if you have nothing better to do than to be on hold with eBay all day or look at tracking figure out where your packages went bicker with sellars over faulty merchendise eBay is for you I on the other hand don't have a lot of time so it's looking like eBay is no longer for me. Oh 1 more issue i forgot,if seller uses Fed Ex Express and you live in a very rual or mountain area you will end up getting in your car and have to go look for your package because it won't come to your house or to your PO box. That one cost me a half a day looking for package, I found it at the next Town's post office they said it was dumped by FedEx Express with other packages on their front door before they open."

2017-11-26

Sellers not protected

"Ebay does not protect its sellers. Buyer can return unreturnable items damaging it in order to get away with returning it. I shipped a brand new unused item still in its original packaging and buyer tore and stained it claiming I shipped it that way which is false. Then ebay charged me $170 for it and I have a useless item. They also promised me they would pay for the item to refund the customer and later recanted that offer after I took the item back which I did not want to do to begin with. Well ebay news flash....I already filed a chargeback with Pay pal and my bank and if I have to I will open a small claims case against you in court and file a complaint with the BBB against you. This is such BS. There are tons of complaints from sellers who have experienced the same nonsense. Well ebay keep it up.....you will lose all your sellers to your competition....you just lost me after over 20 yrs. "

2017-11-26

Information not protected.

"Somehow Ebay changed the nickname on my account as well as the shipping address. I didnt see the shipping address change until I'd made two purchases. They went to the wrong address. It was an address I had absolutely no connection with and the nickname is not something I would ever do. Ebay continued to say it wasnt their fault and they couldnt do anything about it. The constantly pushed it off and refused to help. I spent hours on the phone with them. One order I wound up paying more in shipping and the other just got sent back to the seller. I am so tired of companies who teach their customer service to not listen to what is being said but just read disclaimers from a screen and Ebay clearly is one of these. I'm concerned as to where my information actually went but they are no help."

2017-11-25

Ebay Bonus Bucks

"Terrible. I bought an item and was supposed to get 10% ebay buck and got 1%. Spent an hour on the phone with them and bottom line is that they won't change. It really wasn't about the money but the principal. I was supposed to get $4.80 and got $0.48. Not a big deal but they do not own up to their mistakes! VERY POOR

2017-11-23

Ebay is the worse company to vdeal with

"Ebay is terrible !! I purchased at least 16 items over months apart, Out of the 16 items purchased, I only received 2 , That’s correct ,2 ! One one came from China ! I promise you this is 100% truth, the people there are total Idiots. I order from Amazon and the product arrives on time every time . Then I would call the idiots at Ebay and a few of them told me to straighten it out with post office , really ? I have the correct address on my profile, I’m not going no where, you idiots mailed it out to a different state or whatever you go to the post office. Anyway I can go on and on about these idiots but I won’t, it aggravates me, they’re all idiots at Ebay, you will never get a call from corporate HQ cause they don’t care. Anyway they ****, stay away!

Share eBay's store rating

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!