Stores > eBay

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.72/10 1.72/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.24/10 2.24/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.09/10 1.09/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.48/10 1.48/10
Voice your opinion! Review eBay by clicking a star below.
2018-02-22

They treat long time sellers like Sh**

"I ran out of an item for sale , cancel it because We ran out of stock. Then got negative feedback for running out of stock. Try to get eBay to take off the negative feedback and they wouldn't do it. Why do they give you the option to cancel if you run out of an item? I wish there was another venue Period. Every dog has its day"

2018-02-20

Agree with all the other negative reviews

"Ebay is like 70% scams. I made an account and in todays of making i was suspended with no reason what i violated. Yes, i was new. Was it for not adding paypal account and private information like where i leave my house key? With the only thing to contact support is with a phone number and i tried few emails even though they don't work. College student looking for a computer and this happens. ebay will fully lose my trust and the 500+ facebook friends when i post about the bull.... ebay is. "

2018-02-16

EBAY IS GREAT

"I been shopping on eBay for 7 years now I rarely have an issue and when I do it’s taking care of and when it comes to selling it’s pretty easy ! I mostly buy though on eBay
when ever I have a problem with a damaged, defective or even a lost package I just request a refund , exchange or even a replacement! On another note customer service needs some work for the English speaking customers in America they should assign a person according to your language because instead of miscommunication and a phone call that should take max 15 minutes takes 30-45 minutes because Ebay customer service representative or you can’t understand one another but over all Ebay is a great place to shop I have no worries when shopping on eBay I rate them 5 stars as far as customer service I give them 3 stars because The miscommunication and time it takes to finally get your story through to them so I do recommend shopping on eBay also I feel safe when using Paypal only to shop anywhere on line good luck

2018-02-11

EBAY WILL INPLODE

"I have been with ebay since 2008.At first they were fantastic. I've purchased everything from baby's nappy to race cars. There customer service as of now 2017/18 is absolutely pathetic. Through know fault of the hired customer service agents. They understand very little English and the greedy lazy eBay executives should introduce up to date training packages for there employees. These discusting fat cats send there company's to third world country's and place the responsibility of customer services onto uneducated. Underpaid non English speaking representatives. It's just not enough to say Oh well that's the way of the world these days. That's just bullshit. PayPal do an amazing job. So to does Amazon. I see in the near future Amazon completly crushing eBay. I will celebrate the day. "

2018-02-10

EBay does not stand behind their customers

"I have made several purchases through eBay and generally have been satisfied.
I recently ordered a six DVD set collectors addition of Downton Abby, from a seller in China (my mistake) and received instead a costume jewelry headband that looks like it’s valued at about a dollar.
After attempting to get a refund, eBay denied the refund because they said I had received some merchandise.
I contacted them again and was told that I had to return the headband and ask for a refund from the seller after another 7 day delay.
When I tried to return the item, I got an edit that said it could not be returned because the case was already opened and resolved. MY case was closed again with a denial of a refund and no chance to send the item back.
EBay does not offer any customer service Or Goodwill efforts to help you retrieve your money through fraudulent sellers.
Not only that, they do not investigate the fraudulent sellers.

2018-02-09

safe bet you will lose money whether you're a seller or buyer

"DO NOT use ebay...I am done with them once and for all. I have been a seller and buyer for a number of years of and on because stupid stuff keeps happening and I am never covered for the lies other people fed to ebay about the situation; I'm usually the honest one. I first had a lady buy some dishes and I thoroughly packed them, when she got them somehow they all ended up broken except a plate and the mugs which she had told me before buying them that she was only interested in the mugs. In the photos she provided she showed a HUGE knife with a good sized handle that she could have used to break these dishes to get a full refund and keep the mugs. I had filed with Fedex for insurance which if you ever deal with that kind of thing it takes at least a month , but she got impatient with me and filed a claim against me requesting all of her money returned when she should have only gotten a partial shipping fee returned and partial refund on the item as she had a plate and 3 or 4 mugs. Ebay sided with her even though I went out of my way to file a claim when she should have done this...her sob story was she had cancer and needed the money, even though I was sitting there facing lyme disease and other health problems that were keeping me in bed. We had a few other similar dealing like this. Now as a buyer I am having issues with them again...I bought saddle corner plates and turns out I can't find the proper hardware to attach them to a new saddle so I contacted the seller and he immediately had ebay open a case against me and they immediately closed the case in his favor not allowing me to respond and give my side of the story. I appeal and I am still waiting on a response, this same seller accepted a return of another plate I bought from him and his lame excuse is he miss read and clicked the wrong thing. I never asked for him to pay return shipping just for my money to be refunded once the item got returned to him. After all is said and done with the mess I have on ebay...I will be boycotting them FOREVER! We have lost a lot of money selling (when we could have donated for free and not lost anything) and from buying with buyers getting away with stuff...I never have any cases rule in my favor as a buyer or seller...please be warned and do not sell or buy from them!"

Not really happy

"I bought few coats there and none of them were good. Wrong sizes always. Prefer size XL it fits like M.
The app itself kinda not that easy to use. I don’t know how to return my purchases and how to make it fast.
The photos on eBay very unrealistic. When I buy things on other web stores photos there describes products very good, but on eBay they are not truthful. Because of it I always get not something I expected.
And delivery is takes so long sometimes. So, I’m not that happy with eBay

Worse experience ever

"Never ever recommend to my family or friend."

2018-02-07

FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

"I have purchased a LED bar for my truck on EBAY from SOLDEASY. In the description of the bar it stated that the bar has a 5 yr warranty. It is a OSRAM 52in curved light bar. The original seller does not respond to my requests to do something about the light being defective and EBAY is not holding its seller to a high standard. I tired to reach out to the seller SOLDEASY multiple times. Reached out to EBAY where the customer service representative was less then helpful and refused to reach out to the seller and get to the bottom of this issue. I will be filing complaints with all everyone till something is done about this. I paid for a product that is defective and SOLDEASY AND EBAY FAIL TO HOLD
THEMSELVES TO WHAT I WOULD CONSIDER A NORMAL STANDARD. FALLS ADVERTISING AND FRAUDULENT BUSINESS PRACTICES SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED FOR.
OSRAM 7D+ 52INCH 1566W CURVED TRI-ROW LED LIGHT BAR SPOT FLOOD COMBO WORK 52"
Estimated delivery: Thu. Feb. 2 - Mon. Feb. 6

USER ID tsp1981

THESE ARE ALL MY DETAILS ABOUT THE TRANSACTION. I CAN'T PULL UP MY RECEIPT

2018-02-01

Don’t trust !

"Sold brand new item and buyer return broken , lost mony buyer always right "

2018-01-28

What a Waste

"I began as a Seller and as a Buyer on Ebay, back in the early 2000s. It was a fantastic market arena in the early years. Not now. I just spent 1 1/2 hours intermittently waiting and then speaking to various individuals in the Philippines. These alleged skilled Ebay staff, kept repeating their scripts, reiterating their same questions over and over, sending me to other departments who pulled the same thing. Result, what should have taken no longer than 2 minutes to resolve my two small issues, ending up with me finally having to hang up in no hope for professionalism.

Great Management Ebay-- now in 2018, you are wasting your money paying individuals in Asia to have fun not doing anything for the customers and sellers who are supposed to be your reason for being. Instead, allowing a staff to get pay for play!

2018-01-27

Money Back Guarantee

"Ebay's money back guarantee is a joke. I waited a month for my item to be shipped which I never received. I am still trying to get Ebay to make good on their money back guarantee. I will never use Ebay again. "

2018-01-26

ebay customer service

"Purchased a Dell computer that did not work properly. Seller --griffspackages-- was not responsive. Left negative seller feedback which ebay removed. ebay had no interest in vetting the seller. I could send the computer back. I wanted it fixed since I had spent time loading my own programs and found a local source for 40. Returning and paying shipping for an item that was not as described was NOT a good option with a disreputable seller . ebay rep refused to connect me with a manager"

2018-01-25

Return label ugh

"Case was closed before promised date and no one can explain why. Couldn’t print return label and had to pay for it. Lost $46 and No refund possible. "

2018-01-25

fees

"I just paid $22 to NOT sell my item. The 10% plus fees for selling is bad enough. If I knew they were going to do this, I wouldn't have listed. Needless to say, I won't be using them ever again."

Share eBay's store rating

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!