Stores > eBay

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.12/10 2.12/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.70/10 1.70/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.19/10 2.19/10
Voice your opinion! Review eBay by clicking a star below.

Ebay protects unscupulous sellers.

"I've been a buyer/seller on eBay for many years with 1000's of transactions and finally ran into a very unethical seller. The item was misrepresented and seller tried to blackmail me. I posted negative feedback (very rarely do) and the seller was able to convince eBay to remove the post. I spent hours on the phone with eBay who said they can't do anything except look into the seller's history. So done with eBay!! There is no more consumer protection here than craigslist!"

The Worst Company On Earth

"I have both bought and sold on eBay for years. Today was the final straw. It was brought to my attention that my seller level is "Below Standard" due to one item I had to refund a buyer for because it sold on another marketplace website almost simultaneously. You'd think the fact that I have several hundred transactions and almost 100% positive feedback would mean something. I called customer service to see how this was possible. I spent 30 mins on the phone and spoke with 3 different representatives - not one could give me a clear answer on why my rating was effected so heavily, when I could expect it to be fixed or how to go about fixing it. This company is a laughable joke and their website has become completely littered with criminals, scammers and fake products. I am done buying and selling on ebay forever and it actually feels great."

What happened to eBay

"I have sold and purchased many items on ebay in the past. Today eBay is filled with criminals, scammers and want a be trolls. Absolutely AWFUL!!! Done with eBay..."

Definitely recommend

"Jack.business26 was very helpful definitely I would buy stuff from him again.
I received my black portable carrying case for the Nintendo Switch and the product description was very accurate. The case is very durable and looks great. I got exactly what I ordered and I received it very quickly. My son was very happy with it. I would definitely order from you again! Thank you!

Done with Ebay

"I have purchased hundreds of items from Ebay since the early 2000s. My account was recently hacked and a few items were sent to the wrong address, which Ebay said would not be a problem as they offer buyer protection. All they do is contact the seller who says that it was delivered. Yes, it was delivered to the incorrect address because my account was hacked, Forget their ridiculous buyer protection claim as it doesn't seem to hold true. I'm done with Ebay."

eBay has the worst customer service

"Every time I use eBay, they find a new way to both frustrate and amaze me. I stopped using eBay for quite awhile after they sent me a discount code to be used by a certain date, only for it not to work whenI tried to use it on a different date. I caved and went back after seeing an item that I wanted going for cheap and made a new account. I successfully purchased the item, and ended up browsing some more products about a week after receiving the purchase. Then, all of a sudden, I received an email stating that my account was indefinitely suspended. The email told me nothing about why, or any way to contact someone about it. The only option I could find after searching the site myself was to call them, and this is where it gets crazy. They gave me a survey about how I plan to use eBay and told me that they commonly do this to new members in order to get this data on how they use eBay. Seriously! Instead of just sending out an opinional survey or having one pop up when you log in, they suspend your account privileges with no explanation so that you have to call them and take a survey. I more than likely will not be making any more purchases if this is how they treat their membets."

Worst Experience for Buyers and Sellers!!!

"They take 10% NO MATTER WHAT! You will lose profits fast and fall under going through eBay! AVOID!! They go on buyers side and you must accept returns of working stuff that THEY BROKE!!! HORRIBLE!!"

great expirance

Any epoch's stylish clothes

"No matter it's now winter, on ebay you can find any time any seasons clothes!"

I hate Ebay

"they support sellers who never refund to their returned items, this is against sustaiability and humanity ethics"

I am somewhat satisfied with ebay

"I love ebay but some of my order don't come in and I send a seller a message and they asked your neighbors and I said I did and I even asked my mail carried to and they tell me the same things haven't see it and I am very honest with people and I think they could be honest with me too and one of my seller on eBay have me a big problem give me my refund back and I was I happy with him but I forgot his name now and I lost money and he never refund back at all and I send the produce back and he said you don't have to paying shipping and handling but only $3.30 and I said ok and when I got to the post office it was more then what he told me and I was so unhappy with that and I had to paying over $10.00 to send it back and I think they should rebrust me since he told me one thing's and then when I got at the post office I had to paying more and I told the lady at the post office what the guy said and she said why did he tell you that and that not true and even she said they should rebrust you that back without no problem ."

They treat long time sellers like Sh**

"I ran out of an item for sale , cancel it because We ran out of stock. Then got negative feedback for running out of stock. Try to get eBay to take off the negative feedback and they wouldn't do it. Why do they give you the option to cancel if you run out of an item? I wish there was another venue Period. Every dog has its day"

Agree with all the other negative reviews

"Ebay is like 70% scams. I made an account and in todays of making i was suspended with no reason what i violated. Yes, i was new. Was it for not adding paypal account and private information like where i leave my house key? With the only thing to contact support is with a phone number and i tried few emails even though they don't work. College student looking for a computer and this happens. ebay will fully lose my trust and the 500+ facebook friends when i post about the bull.... ebay is. "

Ebay is just in it to get as much money they can make

"As long as Ebay is getting their money they do not care about their customers or their sellers I purchased a wedding band for my fiancé for our wedding in the listing it described that it was an antique 1920s 20kt 2 carat sapphire ring with to small side sapphire Gemstones on the side I paid $900 plus
$7 shipping for it. When I received my ring I immediately went straight to my jeweler I didn’t even open my package until I seen him because I wanted to make sure that the ring was genuine so I know that I was not getting ripped off ,low and behold he looked at the ring and told me it was pure junk first off it wasn’t even antique second it was not even 20 kt gold it was 18 kt gold then he told me that the stones on the side were chipped And the large stone in the middle was completely cracked all the way across and all the way down he said even the slightest Nick it would completely crack and fall out of ring in pieces upon hearing that news I immediately contacted the seller for a refund the seller told me to send back the ring and once it was received I would get a full refund I sent it then got my refund after I got my refund I told the seller what my jeweler told me and the seller told me that my jeweler was Disgruntled because I bought the ring online which is complete crap because my jeweler is not like that and he even showed me through his telescope what he was talking about I had seen the ring for myself that you cannot see with the human eye as much I should of known when I bought the ring in the listing because you can kind of see the crack in the large stone plus the price was too good to be true that’s why I had taken it to him (my jeweler) in the first place but you never know sometimes you can get a good deal anyways after I had gotten my refund I immediately contacted Ebay to let them know about the listing that the guy did not describe the damage ring but described it as this great piece of jewelry you could own when I messaged the seller about what my jeweler said I told him that he should not list item that he don’t even know what he’s selling items that are not accurate , so I told Ebay that if he’s going to be selling jewelry he needs to put in his listings the damages or flaws that the items have They told me that they would I well it’s six months later and the listing is still on there with the same description when I purchased it that’s why I say Ebay only cares about them making as much money as possible and not even listening to their customers so here’s the link for the listing below so you can see for your self
The listings still there I bought the ring in late August
Description antique 1920s blue sapphire men’s band
On Ebay.com

Share eBay's store rating

eBay is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

eBay is not a merchant member
eBay does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!