Stores > Zales

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Zales by clicking a star below.
2017-11-22

online order

"when I had to do an online order and return it the store could not return it and told me to return via mail. Which that costs me $22 in shipping. They should be able to return any item anywhere and not make me spend money to send back to them. they have lost my business as well as everyone I know."

2017-11-20

Empty box

"Ordered online and recieved an empty ring box upon delivery! Been talking with customer service for two weeks now with no resolution. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Stay away!"

2017-11-07

Customer Service Needs to Improve!

"I bought a ring online and used a discount code taking 20% off the purchase. The code had deducted and I went through the payment process. When I clicked the purchase button the purchase was made, but it updated back to the FULL PRICE, no discount.
I immediately reached out by chat to have the 20% credited back to me. Explained my trouble to the chat agent, who asked me to hold for a bit. So I waited, a little while later they ended the chat conversation, never getting back to resolve my issue.
So I then called their customer service line. Spoke to an agent, explained my troubles and asked once again if I may have the 20% credited back for the overcharge. He gave a couple options both unacceptable...1. wait until the ring arrives and return it, and 2. some kind of check to be mailed (which usually takes weeks if at all!). He asked me to hold while he checked to see if that was my only options. So I held, and you guessed it....a short time later they hung up on me. Still no resolution.
I then went to Facebook and messaged them. This they responded to and a Customer Service rep called. This time my option was a check to be mailed or a gift card for a greater amount for my inconvenience.
It should have been here last week, but of course it isn't. And my order which should ship in 1 - 2 days and since I paid for 2nd day air shipping....should be here already, but of course....it isn't. I called Customer Service this morning and was told it will not be until sometime mid to late NEXT week! I may be jumping the gun a little bit, but I expect real Customer Service when there is something wrong...not being overcharged, hangups, disconnected chat calls and nearly 3 weeks to receive something that should be here in 4 -5 business days.

Update: I received the gift card today, sent by UPS signature required. So I am glad to see in that respect they have followed through. Hopefully, the ring will be shipped in a timely manner.

2017-07-22

Ruined the most important day of our life

"My spouse and I were finally able to be married after 15 years (thank you, SCOTUS). We went to Zales and purchased matching rings, each with lifetime warranties and 60 day return policy. 63 days later, my husband noticed a diamond missing in his ring. We returned to the store, and the ring was shipped off for repair. It came back four weeks later with the diamond replaced. Two weeks after we had his ring back, it bent and upon close inspection we realized that the ring had been scratched where the diamond was re-set. We returned to the store again. We were promised that the ring would be sent rush and returned in a week. It was gone another four weeks. Meanwhile, a diamond fell out of my ring! Zales is saying our only option is to trade these rings in towards the purchase of rings equal to or greater than the ones we have...basically give them MORE money!! This was a special milestone that we waited our whole lives to attain and Zales has ruined it for us. Would not reccomend to anyone and wish we could rate less than one star. "

2017-07-21

JEWELERY

"MY WIFE AND I LOVE THE SELECTION AND HOW BEAUTIFUL THE JEWELERY IS!"

2017-01-30

Horrible Salesperson

"We went to Zales in the Galleria in Middletown to buy our wedding rings. Mary Williams waited on us and was rude and condescending. When I said I wasn't sure about the band she'd decided I should buy, she handed us off to another salesperson for my fiance's ring, saying, "They're not even getting married for two years." We're getting married in a little over a year and, even if we were getting married in 20 years, we were there to buy rings. We went directly from Zales to another store and spent more money on nicer rings than the exceptionally superior and overwhelmingly snotty Mary Williams was able to show us."

2017-01-01

Full of crap just as the products they sell

"First let me start off by saying I would have rather bought a plastic necklace from dollar tree. At least then I would know what the real quality is and receive much better customer service. Their 1800311jewel customer service is aweful. I paid for expedited Saturday shipping. I call on Monday to reassure my my item would be to my home on Saturday. The rep reassured me the item would ship out Friday and "definitely" arrive Saturday. FAILED! I call Saturday and I get a bs story on how I was misinformed and the order was still processing and it would be another week. The necklace was for my mother in law who threw a Christmas party specially for my son and I to attend. The necklace was to represent the healing of her daughter whom had passed away. So thanks to Zales it was completely ruined. Not only did I have to show up empty handed after spending $300 I had to let my fiancé down greatly by not coming through on something I took into my own hands. Anyone I call Zales on Saturday once the item didn't show up and the "rude ****" says " oh I'm sorry you were misinformed, we can return your shipping fee". Are you kidding me? I spent $300 for priceless meaning item and so much disappointment for you to offer me $30 bucks. And then says is there anything else I can help you with? **** you didn't help me to begin with and you **** at having people skills. Pathetic. I will never spend my money with this company again in life"

2016-12-10

dont buy in zales worst company

"stupid company you paid so much money and when is something to resolve they are not helpful at all you paid insurance for nothing"

2016-06-15

Rip off!

"bought an engagement ring from Zales last November; triology, 14 ct gold. Looked beautiful and not cheap at $2500. Relationship didn't work out so I tried to sell my ring. Very few jewellers were interested, pointing out that it was worth a fraction of what we had paid. The last one I took it to found a large crack rights across the central stone (showed me) so reluctantly offered me $300. I took it for fear that I would get nothing at all. Very annoyed at the waste of money. "

2016-04-07

Thieves

"My husband and I went into Zales to look around the associate came up and offer to clean my wedding ring, she took it back to be clean but then came to me and told me one of my diamonds were loose which she showed me and it was, she said that they could send it off to have it tighten. I was reluctant to do it but I didn't want to lose my diamond so I accepted. The associate asked me how much we paid for my ring and I had told her I wasn't sure it was 15 years ago that we purchased the ring, she told me just give me a number that you think, she didn't explain that this would be the insurance on my ring if it happen to get lost or stolen. She gave me a receipt and had me sign it and said I was signing to ship it off. It was supposed to return in 2 weeks, when I didn't get a call I called on the due date, they said they hadn't received there shipment from UPS yet that day but when they did they would call. The following week I received a call from the store manager stating that they shipped my ring with UPS and within UPS someone stole the box, he stated they were going to do an investigation and that if they couldn't retrive my ring I can get something in there store for $2500, when my ring is valued at $3900, or receive a check, needless to say they never recovered my ring and I told them I wanted a check that I would not purchase anything in there store. He explained that I had to wait 4 weeks or so to get the check because they have to send everything to the corporate office. The manager Paul was not sympathetic and very rude, told me I signed for $2500 and when I explained the lady never told me it was for insurance he said it didn't matter! It's not about the money to me it's about the service and the sentimental value of my wedding ring!!Don't ever go to Zales and don't ever trust them with you precious jewelry. "

2016-04-03

Altogether Crap

"Their merchandise looks nothing like the pictures. The products are made with low quality no matter what you pay for them. Mine fell apart almost immediately after I had already gifted it to someone. It was embarrassing! The prices are constantly going up even when they say 'clearance' for months! The product I purchased begun its price at the 'reduced' price of, about $100. I found it months before purchasing and kept going back to check if it was still there, since, according to the store, it was on 'clearance'. But a while later when I went back to buy the necklace, I noticed the price had gone up, but still said it was on clearance and STILL said the price was 'reduced'. The price was $250. I notified the store of that. They simply told me it was not possible and dismissed the issue. I figured I was just imaging things and purchased the product anyway. Then, when I went back to review the necklace, I noticed the price had gone up AGAIN and still said 'reduced' and 'clearance'.. By that point, it was up to $370. ALSO, their customer service is completely abysmal! When attempting to resolve my issue with their faulty product, all they did was send me to their store TO PAY THEM TO FIX WHAT CRAP THEY SOLD ME. On top of all that, they wanted me to give them more of my money to fix THEIR mistake.. DO NOT ASSOCIATE YOURSELF WITH THIS STORE IS YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY AND TIME!!"

2016-02-14

Incompetence with the audacity of rudely poor customer service

"I visited the Southaven Towne Center location on Feb.12, 2016. Upon entering the store, I was not greeted until 10 minutes later after I walked around the display cases. Each associate was busy so I took a seat until the next available associate acknowledged me. Susan was not friendly at all. She made little eye contact with me. She was the next available so I figured I would move forward with my purchase. She was unable to find the ring I was interested in online. In her attempt to order it online, she asked for my bank card and held onto it during my entire visit. I was extremely uneasy with the fact that she walked throughout the store with my bank card in her hand. Needless to say, I followed her every move with my eyes. I was unable to see which item she was ordering from her computer. When she read the description back to me, I realized she almost ordered the wrong ring! She was about to order the closest thing to the item she saw. I immediately stopped her. I pulled the item up on my phone and showed her the info. She tried "several" times to find the ring on the Zales website until she finally"found it". She went on to mention that since the Morganite was "not a real diamond" I would need to purchase a $160 service plan. I was under the impression that my ring qualified for the free 6 month service plan. After bringing it to her attention, she said they were two separate plans and I needed to purchase the $160 plan in addition to it. I also asked to be sized for accuracy before she placed my order and she commented that my knuckles were "big". Please keep in mind that my ring size is 6.5. As a customer, I was appalled and did not feel like a valuable customer. I felt she treated me as less of a human and was not only rude but incompetent in her field! She obviously did not have the customers best interest in hand. Not once did she apologize for her grievous mistake which was more than a mere oversight. I believe Susan and everyone employed at this location from management to the floor sales representatives could benefit highly from not only sensitivity training but also common core customer service values and ethics training. "

2016-02-14

ALL NEGATIVE REVIEWS- DO THE MATH. Zales ruined valentines day

"Zales said it would arrive by 14th.
I even emailed customer service to be sure and they reassured me it would arrive in time.
Well, it didn't. I wish I had checked here first before ordering from this crappy company.

2015-06-23

"I will NEVER shop there again. My wife and I wanted to get new rings for our 10th anniversary. My wife chose two wedding bands, and I chose a ring for myself. The display ring that I tried on was too small so the sales lady told me it would need to be resized. She never mentioned the extra cost of the resizing until after I paid for the ring. After that she tells me that I need to pay an additional $35 to have the ring resized, or wait 6 weeks for it to be shipped out and returned. When my wife asked her why we weren't told about this before swiping my card she simply stated she "forgot". I also had to pay another $50 for the warranty on the ring. The only problem is they don't explain to you that the warranty doesn't cover diamonds on items over $200. So, I basically paid for a warranty that does not cover my ring. The warranty does cover resizing of the ring but if I need to use that service then I have to ship the ring out for 6 weeks or pay another $35 to have the sizing done by a local jeweler (not ZALES).

After we gave in and paid the $35 for expedited sizing, the sales lady told us the ring would be ready by 7:30-8:00 pm the next day (Saturday). When I called to check on the ring the next day I was told that the sales lady misinformed me (YET AGAIN), and that the jeweler doesn't come in to pick up repairs until 8:00pm (Saturday). Now here it is Tuesday and I still don't have the wedding ring I paid for.

I absolutely refuse to do business with Zales again. I've shopped at their competitors in the past and it's never been like this.

2015-04-27

"I bought a ring for the girlfriend she has had is 65 days and the center ring fell off so I called the want more to repair it then what it cost me then she said oh well that's all it can be done like really u can't send another one out to me like what a shity company and shity service will never shop there again or recommen to anyone"

Share Zales's store rating

Zales is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Zales is not a merchant member
Zales does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!