Stores > YLighting

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review YLighting by clicking a star below.
2017-12-10

Customer service? What customer service?

"I purchased two pendant fixtures from Y Lighting in June, both arrived with manufacturers defects. Response from customer service was literally non existent but after a few months two replacement fixtures arrived. After trying 5 times to get UPS to take the deficient fixtures back to Y Lighting, I finally gave up when they advised that I simply throw them out. Fast forward a month and I receive an invoice from UPS for the shipping, which I refused to pay. For two months I sent the invoices back to Y Lighting requesting they deal with this and have it paid. Two months later I receive a demand notice from a collections agency for the un-resolved shipping payment. When I forwarded that to Y Lighting I received a non delivery notice on the email as the representative I had been dealing with was no longer there. Phoning them is useless, no one answers.

Foolishly, after a couple of months of no additional invoices from UPS, I believed this issue was resolved. I then ordered three small pendants from Y Lighting. I received them this week. However, I received two fixtures, not three. After contacting Y Lighting, again, I was told someone from customer service would contact me. Don't believe a word these people say and do not order ANYTHING from this company.

2017-11-24

Don't use your credit card

"I have multiple transactions with YLighting and they had been fine. After the last one, I started getting unknown charges on my credit card, after the second one for $819, I shut the card down. I'm still in the dispute process. Good luck speaking to a human at YLighting.

Run - find another supplier, DO NOT use your credit card.

2017-10-30

They stole from me

"Hi,
I am a trade who has worked with many different companies and I have experienced the worst possible customer service from this company. At this point they have stolen money from me and I cannot get the same person on the phone twice to discuss it. I had two damaged light fixtures (one was a replacement) and my client decided to return both of them because he no longer trusted that they were quality. I was assured that we would get our money back, but we shipped both fixtures back and they are saying that they never received them. I was on the phone with a rep who sent me the return shipping for both fixtures. I told him that they had the same number and asked if it would be an issue and he told me it would not.

2017-10-18

This company does not care about it's customers

"I purchased 4 fans with optional LED lights. One of the fans was missing the light in the box. I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to obtain the missing light. Occasionally, I actually get through with their phone jail but most of the time I am forced to leave a message and they never call back. Same could be said of returning emails. If you can, buy products that they offer elsewhere!"

2017-09-20

Long delays, sullen insulting staff.

"Missing parts. Nasty YLighting response. No follow up. No basic manners or decency. I have ordered a number of things from YLighting. Not again. They seem not to have found out that they are EASILY replaceable. They don't call back. They don't respond to emails. They don't apologize in any sincere way."

2017-09-12

Do not buy from them.

"I bought 2 Pablo table lamps from YLighting in May 2017. One of them was defective. It flickered when the switch was not even turned on. After many emails with 3 different persons, they said they would send me a replacement. The replacement came, but it was not a lamp, but a cord. So I took it to a lamp repair shop and had the cord replaced for $55.00. I sent them proof of my payment and asked to be reimbursed. I have not heard from them!"

2017-08-30

Endless problems

"My order was shipped to the wrong address and was returned to the sender twice. I never reciced a call from ylighting updating me. Instead I called them 4 times and received 3 different arrival dates from 3 different people. On the 4th call when the supervisor I was speaking to asked me to hold while he contacted the shipping company or manufacturer (the 4th time this would have been done) I told him to cancel the order instead. This was on August 28th when I first ordere the light on the 3rd and the tracking said it should have been delivered by the 22nd. Don't order from them! "

2017-08-25

Rejected review by YLighting

"I wrote an honest review of a ylighting purchase and it was rejected.
This should tell you something. I liked the product & said so. It arrived with marks on the shade & a slight dent. I sent pictures.
This isn't used merchandise; I bought new. I expect it to be in pretty much perfect condition. This can't be hidden against a wall & I don't want it to be.
A local designer I work with said she wouldn't keep it like that. I wrote, called, sent pictures. It didn't show up enough for them. I have purchased from ylighting multiple times.
The lamp is a blu dot floor lamp. As this is a second home I'm putting it in I'm canceling any items from ylighting we were looking at.
YLighting wrote & asked for a review then gave me a menu of reasons it was rejected.
Don't ask for reviews if you only keep the ones you deem good for your site. I didn't say anything bad but told my experience.

2017-08-18

Beyond horrible customer service

"My $2000 Foscarini floor lamp came with a broken white glass on June 19th. Till date I do not have a replacement. What is worse is, they just do not respond to email or voicemail. I have no update on what is going on or a ETA of the broken lamp. I was sent an email that UPS will come to my home to inspect the broken glass! I have been dealing with Sheena King (sent her an email 9 days back. no reply) and prior to that Martin Valencia. It is beyond my imagination that a company ca exist in business with this horrible customer service!"

2017-08-08

Awful company.

"There is chaos going on within this company, they are only good to sell when it comes to returns, consider you lost your money."

2017-07-22

Great Site

"Shopped at YLighting looking for a pendant light I had seen in an ad - they had it . Awesome selection."

2017-07-18

Recessed lighting

"I was looking for high end recessed lighting for my kitchen remodel. The YLighting team was great. They helped me understand my options - price versus performance. And also helped me understand Title 24 and installation considerations. Which was great as even though i was using a contractor, felt like I could ask the right questions. I choose Element from Tech Lighting - not cheap, but they are worth it."

2017-07-13

Amazing customer service!

"I had a really challenging Interior Design project and YLighting helped me out all the way through, from inspiration to installation. Great experience overall, good follow up communication, and awesome products!"

2017-05-31

Horrible Experience!

"Do Not Recommend!!!
I ordered my original set of 8 chairs on Sep. of 2016. I knew that there is a wait time of 8-12 weeks. I should have received them the latest by January of 2017. Well it was some time in Feb. that I received them all, but in horrble status. They were ripped and stained in the shipment. The chairs themselves look nice, but they were all damaged on the way to us. I then reordered them all for a replacement and waited another 12 weeks. This time some time in May of 2017 I received 4 chairs out of 8 that I had ordered and paid in full, which two of them were also missing the rubber pieces under the chairs. So basically only 2 functional chairs after 9 month of wait. I am frustrated so much with their process and DO NOT RECOOMEND them at all. Get your stuff from somewhere else and not YLIVING or YLIGHTING! They are completely dysfunctional.

2017-04-10

Bad return experience

"I ordered a lighting fixture for under $200. It didn't work and they didn't provide a discounted return label. I had to return the product at $65 shipping. Terrible!!! I will never order from them again!"

Share YLighting's store rating

YLighting is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

YLighting is not a merchant member
YLighting does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!