8:30-5:30 M-F

Shipping & packaging: 8.57/10
Customer service: 8.67/10
Return/Replacement policy: 8.44/10
2018-01-07

Cancelled original order, replacement had incorrect configuration

"Cancelled original order, replacement had incorrect configuration

This company doesn't do a good job with custom machines, and they are absolutely terrible if any change ever occurs to your order. They do not appear to have an automated inventory system, which seems rather odd.

They cancelled my first order, a Thanksgiving special, indicating they were out of stock. Unfortunately, they notified me a full six days later, so I missed all the Black Friday specials. Note that payment had already been made.

I was contacted my a CSR who said if I bought a different computer, they would comp me with a backpack, some upgrades and rush shipping. So I did.

I received none of those things. The machine arrived several weeks later and was the wrong configuration. I contacted Xotic about it and they blamed me for not following their instructions to send an email to a different department. I provided the email that had been sent and was told, "Well, it's already shipped, so we can't do anything about it."

I contacted them one final time and was told that maybe I would get a free game. That was not provided -- they just sent a link to a game coaching site, which I have no need for.

Only buy if you have a standard order, and by no means make any changes to it or allow them to change it. If they are out of stock, just get your money refunded.

I will not be buying again. If this is the service on a $2,000 laptop, I'd hate to see what they do at the lower prices.

I will go back to another vendor -- the extra cost is worth it.

2018-01-07

Terrible Experience

"In short, I have placed 3 orders because of configuration issues while building the machine on their website across 6 weeks. I have been told even though I am spending rearly $5000 all they can do is take away all the cyber sale promotions going on from thanskgiving to christmas, since they ran out due to complications out of my control, and rush build to my order. I am still waiting to see some of Xotic's "excellent customer service" or "dedication to excellence" but so far I have had headaches and lost all the promotions that got me excited to finally buy after watching your site on and off for 3 years.

Now more details. I have been trying to get a laptop for 6 weeks now and submitted my third buy order(you can transfer funds from previous order). The first one after calling and emailing at least once a week for 3 weeks finally said the computer could not be build the way I had it on their site and those options shouldnt have been there, ok fine everyone makes mistakes. I configured the second computer with Travis from XoticPC who confirmed there should not be any configuration issues with this one. After calling and sending emails almost everyday from 11/30/2017 to 12/21/2017 to make sure I could get this before Christmas I was told by Jake that MSI sent XoticPC the wrong configurations and they would have to fix this. I wondered how many people were affected by this. I figured since I am spending between $4000 and $5000 they would work with me a little since I was now having to configure my third system. After talking everyday from 12/27/2017 to 1/5/2017 they were going to include rush building($50) and diamond thermal compound($35) on my order, I was told initially. Since Sager is the only company that Xotic works with that can have multiple NVMe SSDs I had to go with one of their systems and since Xotic doesnt build those in their factory they then said they couldnt even do the diamond thermal compound. Upon placing my third order I was told that none of the Thanksgiving sales promotions I selected would be available and they are only willing to rush build my machine after all this. I have been as patient and willing to work with Xotic as I can possibly be but this has just about ruined my holidays because of how much money and stress all this has been and if there are any more issues I will definitely be taking my money elsewhere because its obvious they dont want it. Too bad because I have 3 people in my family that would like to get high end computers and a couple of friends that were thinking about getting new machines similar to mine.

Invoice Numbers and dates
100048273, 11/24/2017
100048573, 11/27/2017
100050595, 1/4/2018

2 days after posting this I was contacted by the sales manager I have been working with in regards to this review. While they still could not offer anything else in compensation for everything going, they were finally about to push my order through their financial department, give me a supplement payment to make up the different that my third machine cost, and rush build my computer which came to me 3 or 4 days after the last payment was submitted. I also appreciate the free 2 day shipping. I have been using it for 3 days and after updating all the drivers it seems to be working great. So far there are no build issues and my computer was build and shipped the way it was configured on their site. If you are willing to be patient and try to work with XoticPC and their prices are much lower then I would recommend them. However, for such a high dollar system as mine I feel like I shouldn't have had to stress and push so much so because of that I still can not recommend XoticPC without telling others my story so they can decide if its worth the stress or not.

Posted Jan-10-2018

“We very much regret the issues you have experienced with us and want to ensure you we are addressing these issues and hope to come to a complete resolution you can be happy with. Our Customer Loyalty Manager has been in contact and we very much thank you for you business and the chance to make it right with you.”

2018-01-05

Excellent

"I have been doing research on gaming laptops for awhile I decide I wanted a msi. Then I ran across exoticpc and found out they build it to what you want they give you options on what to put in it and they build for you. The customer service is the best they kept me informed all the way thru the build. They even kept track of the tracking and kept me informed you don’t hear or see that any more I will definitely buy again and refer my friends and family. I love my MSI laptop"

2018-01-04

Absolutely Phenomenal!

"So I wanted a laptop with a few slight variations from what I could normally find it with: better SSD, HDD, more ram, but nothing too extreme. I stumbled on XOTIC with the exact laptop I wanted. Not only did I get exactly what I desired (and a bit more in the personalization department) but the service and timing was beyond recognition. I even had a snag where apparently one part of my design wasn't possible, and was immediately connected to a real person who emailed me and requested a refund while being incredibly professional and supportive (Thanks Landon Y!). Shipping was great, condition so far is perfect, I will certainly be back!"

2017-12-30

Very good customer service

"I particularly enjoyed the consistent updates - from product fulfillment to delivery - everything could be tracked with ease so you are never left guessing as with a lot of other companies. XOTIC obviously has their automation software on point. Also, had a question pre-sale and received a response the next day. I feel like if there was ever any issue it would be resolved quickly."

2017-12-27

Always an excellent buying experience

"This is the second laptop I have bought from Xotic PC. I never experienced a single issue with the first laptop. I bought my new computer from them primarily because they have the most comprehensive burn-in process of any seller out there. So, you have to worry about having a part go bad soon after you unbox it. I am actually typing this review on the laptop I just bought from them. I literally turned it on as soon as I unboxed it, and I was up in running in about a minute. You can be sure that I'll be buying all of my computers from Xotic."

2017-12-22

Laptop purchase

"I ordered a new Asus laptop to replace an older unit. The ordering process was easy and they kept me informed by email of progress. I would purchase from them again. They kept me informed of the process and laptop was delivered on time. "

2017-12-19

Pay attention, you don't want to get cheated

"To be honest, I was satisfied before I got my laptop ordered from xoticpc. the sales responded fast and patiently. However when I got a laptop that maybe used and doesn't have the SSD I ordered, they suddenly disappeared. I asked support for a return and no response, I asked sales for furthermore details and no response. If you check their police you will see that the return can only be accepted within 15 days and seems they find a good way to avoid responsibility :) And here I am. spent 2200 CAD and got a used, a little slow laptop without SSD. I am no more than fool. If anyone who wants to buy laptop at xoticpc you have to consider carefully, you want to experience the same thing I experienced? P.S 5 stars for shipping. express was pretty fast."

Posted Jan-10-2018

“We are working with the customer to resolve the issue. We take customer service very seriously and strive to ensure we have happy customers. If we fall short, we will do everything in our power to make it up and come to a complete resolution.”

2017-12-17

Nice build, but issues

"The build of my computer is nice, but I have endless problems since day 1; audio stuttering, doesn’t always boot, benchmark performance differs drastically between runs. I would spring for the 1 year warranty support or go somewhere else. I wanted to buy a custom built to avoid these problems, but that doesn’t seem possible.

2017-12-17

Great Communication / Excellent Product Selection

"Considering I made my purchase on Black Friday, the response time was superb (2days). A wide range of laptop selection, not to mention having AFFIRM as a financial option, totally recommend to someone who's looking for a trustworthy retailer. "

2017-12-13

Ordered a monitor - Didn't ship in 2 and a half weeks

"I am beyond frustrated with this company. I ordered a SINGLE MONITOR and waited for over two weeks for it to ship and the status only updated to "Payment Processing Inventory Gathering". I ended up just canceling the order as I will not support this company. This is unbelievable. I will never be recommending this company or purchasing from them again. "

Posted Dec-18-2017

“We are sorry for the delayed shipment that resulted in you canceling our order with us. Unfortunately the monitor that you purchased sold out and was backordered from the manufacturer. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. ”

2017-12-12

Great prices and service

"Second time that I have purchased a computer from these folks. Excellent products, good prices and great customer service."

2017-12-08

Reliable + friendly communication

"Having just received my order in the mail, I can't quite yet comment on the quality of my product (a Sager NP5855). However, I can certainly make note on their support staff - Barry quickly responded to my emails regarding delivery and overall time estimates with professional attitude and speed. And giving my new laptop a general once-over scan, I can say there are no remarkable defects with my product - a carefully packaged item, clean and undamaged casing, and so far full functionality on every application I've run. On top of it all, they threw in a Funko doll bonus with my order, which was absolutely unnecessary but also charmingly considerate of them. Shipping speed was satisfactory, and they reliably sent updates on its stage of construction, location and estimated delivery, all in convenient email format, text alert and site account updates. In terms of customer care and overall support, I'm rather pleased. Thanks for the strong service, Xotic PC!"

2017-12-08

Super helpful

"I had a few complications in my order but they helped explain and fix all the issues within a few hours"

2017-12-07

Good Gaming gears at cheap price!

"The best of the best when it comes to Gaming Hardware. Simple and Clean business"

Share Xotic PC's store rating

Xotic PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Xotic PC is a merchant member
Xotic PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,438 merchant members.