Stores > Williams-Sonoma

Product & services pricing Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Williams-Sonoma by clicking a star below.
2017-11-18

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

"Won't honor website ad. Done "

2017-11-14

No customer service!!!!

"I placed an order, and was charged a different amount than in my cart. I have been calling and emailing them
For days . No response on phone despite an hour or so on hold at a time, and no response to my email. What is going on?

2017-11-10

poorly packed so my purchase arrived shattered

"I purchased a high end pottery bread baker through the website. The carton was huge, but the actual baker box was small. It was insufficiently padded, so the baker box was sliding all over the place. I could hear the rattling of the broken pottery when the box was delivered. I called customer service and they emailed me info on printing out a return slip. This did not work. It said the item was not eligible for return. I called back, and the cs said she requested that another return slip be emailed to me. I am still waiting for it. Meanwhile i have a shattered yet expensive pottery bread baker. In addition to this, WS canceled 3 orders of mine, in the past 2 months stating that the price stated on the website, was an error. I wonder how this company stays in business, with such poor customer service. There are plenty of other places to do purchase from. If I order the bread baker as a gift (wedding registry, or holiday) I would be extremely embarrassed. "

2017-11-05

Love this company

"My family of interior designers have use this company for project after project! Love them "

2017-11-03

Online Registry Terrible

"From a bridal registry I tried to do the pickup in store. I had to do 2 separate orders, one for pickup and one for delivery. Additionally, the order which was a pickup did not come off of the registry. The most frustrating part of the process is the very long hold time 10+ minutes and when a representative picked up my call, she had no idea how to use the pick up in store feature. I spent an additional 15 minutes waiting for her to figure it out, which did not happen. I will ONLY ever buy at this store if forced to via a registry. The WS website is a terrible online retail site. I will tell everyone at the bridal shower just how poor of an experience buying here was."

2017-10-31

Do customer services ever reply?

"I ordered an exoensive saucepan which was apparently sent to me via a courier in uk..its never appeared..the courier company says Williams Sonama told them.they could just leave it outside my house..this isnt secure..and now they wont answer my emails! How do i get a refund..or at keast an answer to my emails?!"

2017-04-21

Senseless Hassles Dealing With Williams-Sonoma

"Placed a cookware order online with Williams-Sonoma. Provided billing and shipping addresses, email address, billing phone number.

Apparently (unlike virtually every other merchant I have done business with in the past 10 years), Williams-Sonoma became alarmed that I have different billing and shipping addresses. They contacted me by phone, at my billing address. Apparently, they gave me 24 hours to contact them (not clear from their voice mail). They made no effort to contact me by email (though I have already received multiple promotional emails from them, which I will now flag as spam), and they did nothing to modify the status of my order (for instance, to indicate that there was a problem with my order and that I should contact them).

I travel on business. During the week I reside at a work location. I am not present at my billing address during the week, so I did not pick up the message until about 48 hours later. When I contacted them, I was informed that they had already "flushed" the order (apparently, this means that it was unrecoverably deleted from their system). I took this as an indication of exactly how much they valued my business.

Since Williams-Sonoma apparently has more business than they can handle, such that they cannot devote more than 24 hours to resolving problems (of their own creation) with orders, it would be wrong of me to burden them further.

I intend to patronize their competition exclusively from now on.

2017-03-17

Do not cancel an order after 5 minutes of placement

"I ordered an item and decided to cancel it after 5 minutes because I did not realize that it had poor reviews. I called the customer service and the customer service tells that they can't cancel it and company does not support cancellation. I wonder how such a website is still in profit for having such bullshit policies."

2016-10-20

Worse than Comcast (almost)

"Place order more than 2 months ago, when I was told the item would be delivered in a couple of weeks. Then received an email about a week later saying it was temporarily out of stock. Then months passed, so I called and was told last week that a shipment was coming in and my item would go out yesterday. Checked on line today and learned that my item was still out of stock. When I called, I was put on hold for 10 minutes and then they hung up. When I called back, I spoke with a combative woman who kept telling me that my item number was not in their system, as if that was my problem. I told her that I had looked up my item on their website and it showed in stock, and she argued with me about the color ("red" v. "cherry"). I eventually asked for a supervisor and was put on hold for another 10 minutes, but this time someone actually picked up and apologized. Maybe I'll get my order next week, but then again maybe not. Terrible customer service. "

2016-08-27

High price and poor customer service

"I ordered a set of four salad/dessert plates from the website. They were priced at $59.95 but I had a $10 off promo code. I really liked them so I decided to go for it. I placed the order late on a Tuesday afternoon. Friday morning when I opened my email there was a one day sale with the plates that I ordered on sale for$29.95. I emailed customer service to obtain a price adjustment. They replied that "they are unable to adjust pricing on a pre-existing order" but they "truly value" my business. I was shocked because I have never encountered a retailer that did not give credits if the price went down within a certain time frame. Most range from 7-14 days after the purchase. Mine was less than three days.
A thirty dollar price drop when not on clearance is very significant, although with my $10 discount, I was only asking for a $20 credit. Williams-Sonoma prices are already very high. Many of their Oxo kitchen gadgets are available at places like Target and Kohl's for sometimes 25% less. The item had already shipped or I would have canceled the order. I would have to pay too much for shipping to return it so I am stuck.
I hve shopped at Williams-Sonoma for almost twenty years but this is my last purchase. With the internet and places like Amazon, I can find comparable products elsewhwere.

2016-08-08

Order never shipped

"I put an order back in May, at the time its "delivery date" was June, now it is Nov! What is even more ridiculous is that when I checked the exact same product online, it said "In Stock & Ready to Ship". "

2016-02-27

Think three times before you buy

"There return policy is not consumer friendly. If it is really urgent then buy from this group otherwise avoid. even if they return, the credit is not on the payment method, it by their gift card, so that you have to go back again. "

2016-02-10

Sold me used kitchen shears as new. I returned for replacement that never came.

"I've filed a complaint with BBB. They received the returned product over one month ago. they have not replaced them or contacted me or refunded me. they have not responded to my inquiries to customer service."

2015-12-23

"What has happened to williams sonomoa?
It is fortunate Chuck recently passed away as he would be overwhelmed with embarrassment as what the current executives have done to destroy this company.
I placed an order on December 17th with the promise I would receive it for Xmas.
Five days later and it still has not been processed.
Numerous calls to customer service has provided no answers; only that it is being processed.
Emails from customer service to the distribution center have not been answered.
Repeated request by me to have a supervisor call me have gone unanswered, even through I was promised a supervisor would contact me.
Today I have called the call center 4 times. After being out on hold for double digits minutes, 3 of those times I was disconnected before the call went through.
I am now sitting on hold for 52 minutes.
Katie at extension 7043748 finally answered and after a half an hour promised to get a supervisor and call me back within 10 minutes. That was over an two hours ago and thus far no return call from her or a supervisor.
I also called corporate customer service at 800.595.5628 and left 3 different messages over 3 consecutive days requesting a return call. None ever came.
Do you really consider this good customer service?
The stores are no better with untrained sales staff and unconcerned store managers.
Why is there free shipping on the website but not in the stores?
Why have I been receiving emails this week encouraging me to order more with a guarantee to receive the gifts by Xmas when you can't even get out your previous orders?
Needless to say I'm over williams sonomoa.
I will return the all clad cookware and everything else I recently purchased.
I will not take my client who asked me to help her completely stock the kitchen in their new home.
I will go to bed bath and beyond, sur la table and any other retailer who can provide adequate customer service. Yours is severely lacking and as I said in my subject line, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

2015-12-17

"Should have checked here, as well as elsewhere, before attempting to patronize W-S. Shipping is beyond acceptably slow. Shipping update info unavailable via website. Call to check, and expect to hold 20+ mins before you realize no live person is picking up. Then resort to emails, to which, again, no replies will be forthcoming. After numerous other calls resulting in unacceptably long holds, resulting in no live people, had to call credit card to cancel the order. The cancellation was primarily out of frustration from being unable to to communicate in any reasonably effective and efficient manner possible with CS, even more so than the ridiculously slow shipping with zero status updates.

NOT WORTH THE HEADACHES. Will NEVER attempt to patronize W-S again.

Share Williams-Sonoma's store rating

Williams-Sonoma is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Williams-Sonoma is not a merchant member
Williams-Sonoma does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!