Stores > Vitamin Shoppe

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review Vitamin Shoppe by clicking a star below.

Deceptive Business Practices

"On Jan 30, 2018, I placed an order #144821635512 for 3 Body Nutrition Trutein 45/45/10 Blend of Whey 4 Pound Powder VANILLA BEAN @ $49.93 each for $149.78. Upon receipt of the delivery package (1Z9367YV0304105987) I discovered the order was wrong. I immediately called the number on the manifest enclosed within the package. I was told by the The Vitamin Shoppe representative to discard the mistaken product and that a correct product would be immediately sent.

A month passed with no replacement. I was forced to spend over an hour on the phone with Jet and The Vitamin Shoppe representative on the evening of March 5, 2018 without a satisfactory resolution. On the morning of March 6, 2018, I again contacted Jet and asked to speak to a supervisor and that request was denied. I also contacted The Vitamin Shoppe and was instructed that it was not there problem to resolve. I have spent over three hours being bounced between two companies, both companies making false and misleading representations, both companies unable to provide the product I paid for a month ago.

I have just ordered the Corporate Certificate of Good Standing long form at the cost of $250 through the NJ.Gov website to receive the corporate information of addresses and corporate officers for both Jet.com.inc Entity # 0101031812 and the Vitamin Shoppe Entity # 0100953339, that I was refused by multiple Jet.com.inc and Vitamin Shoppe representatives. Fortunately, Rhode Island Courts have award substantial damages against for companies acting with similar behaviors.

I will be willing to discuss offers of settlement, until I receive that requested information for the New Jersey Government. Upon receipt of the Corporate Principles, I will be filing legal action to recover the funds taken from my family, compensation for the extensive time invested to recover my losses and damages as a resulting from the actions of by both companies.

Sells items they know are out of stock. Makes you call to cancel.

"I ordered sambucus elderberry gummies for my kids from vitamin shoppe. These have been sold out in many stores lately and I saw they had them IN STOCK. A day later when my item should have shipped I got an email it would ship a week later. Hearing my inability to find them a relative of mine almost bought me more from vitamin shoppe because they were still showing in stock. I called customer service to see if they could send my shipment since they were not back in stock. The problem is Vitamin Shoppe is not removing them from stock and customer service by phone told me that they couldn't make my Feb 22 shipment either. They weren't due to get any until March 31. I had not been informed of this by email. The representative seemed to know that the item was still showing in stock and despite saying "sorry" you could tell she was burnt out by calls like mine and the powers above here didn't really care. This is a dishonest tactic taking orders for items showing in stock and not telling customers you won't have them for 6 weeks at the earliest. Customer service was willing to cancel my order, but you have to do that with customer service which takes a while. This rubs salt in the wound for selling items you don't have and then making people contact support to cancel the order."

Takes weeks to get a refund

"Order arrived damaged. Called customer service and they said item will not be carried anymore. A refund will be given. A week later no refund. Called customer service again and said refund is being worked on. Another week goes by no refund. Called customer service again and sent me to someone else who said they will work on it. Another week still no refund. Terrible customer service for a refund. No refund after 2 weeks. I will not be using this company again."

Treated with disrespect

"I have shopped at Vitamin Shoppe on and off for several years. I decided to drop by the Dedham, MA location since I was near by. There were two associates in the store a male and a female. The male was busy helping another group of customers. I approached the female associate who was standing by the register and asked if they had carts. She said whatever they have is near the door. She was very rude and abrupt with her response which I ignored. I saw her leaving behind the register and I had a question regarding what was the difference between the vitamins labeled dry and the ones not labeled dry. When I said excuse me could you help me with the vitamin e she rolled her eyes at me and said, “what is your question?”I was got off guard by her attitude. I asked if she knew what the some vitamins were labeled dry. She proceeded to tell me that the “vitamins labeled dry were the solids and not the gel caps.” I then pointed out that some of the gel caps were labeled dry as well. Her response was “I don’t know then and she walks off.” This associate was the same person who checked me out. The customer service was rude and abrupt. Needless to say this will be my last time going to this location."

Shipping takes for ever?

"The advertise same day shipping and 2-6 business day to receive goods. They shipped my order 3 day after receiving order and still have not received and today marked the 8 th day . I called them and they said they were real busy this time of year and should receive in 3 more days. They lost a customer!"

In ablility to order online and on the phone

"I tried to set up an auto-ship online and it wouldn't let me for some reason unknown to me. I called the cust. svc. line. The agent was upbeat, professional, clear but she didn't have the capability to allow me to order and set up auto ship with her. VITAMIN SHOPPE PEOPLE- enable your front lines to order any way the customer wants."

Forget vitamin shoppe. Shop AMAZON PRIME

" What a sorry worthless company. I ordered items specifically in case we got the flu in our house. I ordered the item on the 12th of this month. The flu has already come and gone no order received. They stated my desired items are out of stock but would have showed up on my doorstep on the 22nd of this month. This makes them obsolete and pretty much worthless. Don’t waste your time money or energy on the vitamin shoppe. Amazon prime rarely will let you down. And you don’t have to wait two weeks to get your item that you end up not getting anywhere because they ran out"

Online purchase

"I've never ordered online, have always had a pleasant experience in the stores, what a mistake! I have a prepaid credit card because of my health situation, not only did they put a hold for the amount I charged but doubled the amount. 2 Days Later they added two more holds on my account and two days after that added two more for a total of three times the amount I purchased. I've been getting the runaround now for over 8 days!!! Shame on them. All they says that's the way we do it and there's nothing we can do about it. I've never written a bad review about anything in my life but this was worth the time it took."

Abusing Customers & Employees with a smile !

"Directed to push products no matter what. Fall short on Store goal and there is Hell to pay. If a comment is negative you are blacklisted and dragged in the mud, punished, humiliated then fired with prejudice. "

Vitamin Shoppe management

"The new CEO is doing his best to alienate the customer base. One shipment arrived in a box with the side ripped due to over filling. The shipping and receiving department sees fit to ignore customer shipping instructions. The company elected to increase the number of new customers by offering the product on Amazon while telling its existing customers they would have to wait 12 days to obtain the same item. The company had the item "in stock" for the new customers. The invoices of phone order customers do not show individual costs or the total. If you want them, you have to scribble them down as you place the order. I have been a 30 year company customer but their catalog is now in my recycling bin."

product nice

"had some products i couldnt find any place else"

"Placed 90.00 next business day air shipping order on Sat April 1st. Expecting it to ship out on Monday (the 1st business day after order was placed, yes?) order did not ship out
until April 4th, Tuesday. I called. Useless cust service rep, says she doesn't know why it didn't go out on Monday, all the items that shipped out were in stock. Says they really can't guarantee anything but "thinks" the items will be received tomorrow. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. FREE SHIPPING WOULD HAVE GOTTEN IT DELIVERED ONLY ONE DAY LATER. These dudes used to be really good on shipping, last month or so they are SORELY lacking, i hope they save enough in shipping fees to offest the customer loss.

go to Walmart or GNC

"I was looking into a supplement thought "vitamin shoppe" would have the supplement in question. Turned out they were out of stock. So instead of taking my business somewhere else or online. I decided to get the next best thing in store since I budget and had the money to spend. I bought a 60 something $ supplement that left me bloated and fatigued. After 4 days never went back on it nor would I want too. Have to buy something bodybuilding related coming up. Will definitely take my business somewhere else or online. "

Worst ecommerce & customer service ever

"Placed order 10/18. Had only received 1 of 3 items by 10/31. Contacted by email on 10/31. Still no response by 11/2. Called cust. svc on 11/2, was told items were on backorder until 11/25! Never notified. Never indicated there would be a delay. Cust. svc agent was obviously reading from a script, not personable; offered zero recourse except "I apologize for that". I cancelled the order and will never order from them again."

Racist staff

"I've been a repeat customer of Vitamin Shoppe for many years, from California to Illinois. I have never been accused of shop lifting ANYWHERE, except here, where the manager obviously thinks everyone is a crook. I bought 2 bottles of vitamin and checked out with the cashier. It took a while because I had to update my address with the cashier. Then, I was ready to leave but was stopped by the manager /owner who thought I ran out without paying for these. He was literally shouting "Hey Excuse me!". I am sure in his mind, he was certain I didn't pay for the vitamin, despite I was at the cashier's desk for like 10 min updating my address. His sorry excuse about me being "quick" is another joke -- how long does it take to check out? He's expecting an hour or something? So there are a few possible explanations:

1. He's a racist scumbag who thinks Asians are all thieves.
2. He's a dumb **** who can't come up with anything better
3. He thinks his employees are idiots, who were watching me as I left the store.

Either way it doesn't reflect anything good about his intellect.

Share Vitamin Shoppe's store rating

Vitamin Shoppe is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Vitamin Shoppe is not a merchant member
Vitamin Shoppe does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!