Stores > uSell

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.81/10 7.81/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review uSell by clicking a star below.

2017-11-15

iPhone sale

"easy no hassle sale. would recommend"

2017-11-03

Service is good.

"I was using uSell to trade in my android phone. I was very satisfied their service."

2017-11-01

Love love it

"My experience was very pleasing "

2017-10-28

Try to rip you off

"Customer service was trash, representative was rude and very unprofessional. Sent me a “quote” of nearly $60 and then brought it down to $20. Representative got mad when I said send my phone back, they are trying to low ball and scan you out of your money. I would get more money and better customer service selling my phone at the flea market. I will never try to sell anything through this company again. "

Rep reply posted Oct-31-2017

A rep from uSell, usell.com, has responded

“Hello there, I am terribly sorry to hear of the disappointing experience you had in selling your device to Second Hand Cellular, one of the buyers in our marketplace. I checked our records and did not see any correspondence exchanged between you and uSell Customer Care; however, I am aware that you were emailing directly with Second Hand Cellular. After reviewing the details of your order, I see that you were selling a damaged iPhone. According to our Terms of Service, the buyer can issue a revised offer if a damaged item is missing parts, bent in half, etc... This would be considered "extreme damage". Although this is normal procedure, I can certainly understand why you would be upset about it. We have a risk-free guarantee in place for this reason. If you disagree with a buyer's assessment of your device, they will return it to you free of charge. Our records show that your device was returned in accordance with this agreement. We want you to get the best deal for your item, even if it isn't through our marketplace. Again, we do apologize that this transaction did not meet your expectations and we will continue to work with the buyers in our network to ensure they deliver the highest level of professional customer service.

Kind regards,
Heather
Director of Account Management & Customer Experience”

2017-10-17

Quick & Easy!

"Received exactly the amount promised for my old Samsung Galaxy S4. Very easy and effortless transaction, just as promised! Price quoted by uSell was more than what another well known used cell phone buyer had quoted me. A great experience!"

2017-09-28

Iphone 5S

"i was very pleased with the amount offered for the phone and turnaround to receive payment."

2017-09-19

They returned my iPhone without notice, damaged

"I tried to sell my iPhone 6. I knew that the phone did not turn on, so I chose "Damaged," for which the offer on uSell website was $58.50. After delivering the phone, I got a revised offer of only $6.50 - about a tenth. The buyer's explanation for the revised offer did not make much sense to me; they said it was because I did not turn off Find My iPhone. (I turned off “Find My iPhone” function before sending it, and saw the message on iCloud that the process of turning off “Find My iPhone” would be complete once the phone was switched on. The phone could not be turned on, so I thought I did the best I could do. Then, after the phone was delivered, I received a new instruction to disable “Find My iPhone”, which I did in ten minutes.) So I asked the seller to reconsider the price offer. Then, the seller returned my phone, without further communication at all. When I got an email saying it was being returned, I was already thinking to sell the phone to another buyer, but in vain; when the phone arrived, it was opened and separated in two parts, and some small screws are missing. I don't know how to open or close an iPhone. This is absolutely unreasonable."

Rep reply posted Sep-28-2017

A rep from uSell, usell.com, has responded

“Hello, I am terribly sorry to hear of the disappointing experience you had with this transaction. I reviewed the transaction and contacted your buyer, Second Hand Cellular for more information regarding your complaint.
According to your buyer, they do not open devices upon receipt. The first thing they check is the IMEI number, which on the iPhone 6 is located on the back of the phone. They noted that the iOS Activation Lock was still on, but once you disabled it, they reinspected the phone. At that point, the inspector noted that there were actual burn marks on the phone, on the charge port and that it smelled like burnt metal. They assert that the phone was returned to you in the exact condition in which they received it.
uSell and our buyers strive to provide the best possible experience to our customers, and the vast majority of transactions are smooth and easy. We are very sorry that we fell short in this case. If you have any other questions or concerns about this matter, please feel free to contact your buyer directly at secondhandcellular@usellbuyers.com.

Kind regards,
Heather
Director, Account Management & Customer Experience

2017-08-25

Happy customer

"The experience was great. It worked just as indicated on the website. I would use them again."

2017-08-23

Everything Throughout Was Excellent

"The whole process went smoothly, the item appraiser who did my item was very honest and friendly, and the imbursement was quick. I am happy with every aspect of uSell. "

2017-08-21

easy to sell

""It was a seamless selling experience. I would do it again with any other items that I may need to sell."

2017-08-08

Quick and easy

"I tried selling my old smartphone on Craigslist and Nextdoor, but nobody was interested...or in the case of Craigslist, they didn't want to pay. USell paid me a fair price, and the transaction was quick and easy. I love it that they even sent me the shipping envelope! "

2017-08-02

Easy

"The experience was so easy. Went on line. Sent in the phones and got a check for agreed amount quickly. "

2017-08-02

Excellent

"Excellent overall experience with uSell."

2017-07-29

Fast and convenient!

"It was easy to sell my iPhone 6 and the price was decent."

2017-07-27

Very easy, fair process

"I found they had a Fair price, Clear instructions, and a Quick resolution. I'm very happy. I will definitely use them again."

Share uSell's store rating

uSell is a Merchant Member! Learn more

uSell is a merchant member
uSell participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,466 merchant members.