Stores > Toys 'R' Us

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Toys 'R' Us by clicking a star below.
2017-11-20

Customers fault if their system screws up

"Their system errors out on the shipping address and now they can’t cacel the order or correct the shipping address. What kind of company can’t correct a shipping address or cancel an order?! Basically on out my money for the order and there is nothing they can do.
Hope someone at that random address likes the toys I bought them. Was supposed to go to a toy drive at work.
They deserve the bankruptcy they are going through. Good riddance.

2017-11-14

They always answer the phone

"I shop often at toysrus (8707) always at the 1645 NW 107th Ave. Miami, Fl location, a couple of reasons why I always shop there, they always answer the phone (I've tried calling a couple of other stores and they never answer the phone), I can always speak to their store manager Suzanne. About a month ago I would call the store asking to see when would they receive the Fingerlings monkey and Gigi the unicorn, not only did she (Suzanne) respond to all my questions but was able to tell me the day that they were going to receive a shipment, I was therefore able to go the next day and purchase the fingerlings Gigi the unicorn; this toy is a 2017 hot toy and trying to find it and purchase it is almost impossible. Thank you Suzanne and thank you toysrus for hiring such a good employee, she runs a very helpful customer service driven store.

2017-11-04

Do not order online

"One order was duplicated, charged and shipped twice. Received an email that there was a problem with the second order, please call customer service within 48hours. I did so within an hour and was told my order was cancelled. I had not been informed, was not given reason and they did not respect the terms in their own email. Terrible online shopping experience, I have had better service from cheap knock-off sellers from China on ebay."

2017-06-02

Delayed

"They offer to send an item in 4-6 days but it's really taken 9 days. "

2017-05-07

False hope

"Toysrus.com is ok if you're getting order to ship to your own address....they say they offer shipping to different addresses which can include a gift message...I'm here to tell you that after 3 hrs filled with anguish and a couple attempts neither the different shipping addresses or gift messages became a reality...I've shut the door on being a customer of theirs but had to place the order to be delivered to my house because I had a gift card....called customer service and was told by manager they could not and would not compensate me for the turmoil their false promises caused me."

2017-04-28

Three months still waiting

"I am expecting my first baby boy and decided to order my bedding set through toys r us; babies r us didnt carry it in stock so had to order online at toys r us. Same store no problem, right? Wrong ! I ordered beginning of march after my shower went in store ordered it wad told it be delivered in 5 days. Package never came when i called they said it was out of stock so it was cancelled??? No call no e-mail no notifications what so ever. They apparently refund to the originanal gift card used; which i no longer had of course because waasnt told of future reasons to hold onto an empty card. Waited for email of money refund then tried again . It is now april 29 and the second order is now on hold due to limited quanity till future notice! No date after being told there were plenty when i reordered ! Still no bedding set & my son is due next week. Aweful experience "

2017-03-29

Mad aunt

"I placed an order for my nieces birthday the delivery date was suppose to be 3/28/17. That day passed with out said items arriving. I looked up the tracking number now it says it will be delivered 4/3/17. Her party is on 3/31/17. I called customer service and they told me oh well can't do anything about. So I will never ship with this crappy Company again."

2017-01-21

shipping nightmare

"Just spent 2 hours on the phone with toyrus costumer service secondary to picking 2-5 day shipping and them sending ground from west coast to east coast. The projected delivery day is in lines with there economy shipping (7-9 days). I paid extra for the shipping and they did nothing to help me. Will cancel order and order through amazon. What a joke. "

2016-12-30

Thiefs!

"I ordered a charging station that was over $20, so I am supposed to receive free shipping. Any orders over 19 are free shipping. I had to cancel the order because I forgot to input my apartment number. I tried to have them input the order and they said that I now had to pay $5 for shipping BC my gift card was not reading as a payment. I was not able to ship to a store near me as well, only to a store 40 minutes from my home. They did not try to help in anyway, they only tried to change me for a service that they clearly advertise as free. I will never shop with them again. "

2016-12-19

Horrible Customer Service! Headaches and Aggravation R Us

"I tried to order some baby clothes online from Toys R Us and they sent me the wrong item. To rectify the situation, I had to call them back and wait on the line for hours. Their chat "help" line does not accomplish anything. Finally they sent the right item, and I returned the other wrong one, but they threatened to charge me for it if it wasn't returned within a certain time frame. I would advise anyone not to do business with this place!"

2016-12-02

They ship through Ontac not a normal shipping companies!

"They ship through ONTRAC not a regular shipping company like UPS, USPS, or FEDEX. The tracking number they gave me for my package stated is out for delivery for 4 days before items were delivered and when they finally delivered them it was 11:30 AT NIGHT. DO NOT order online, I will never make that mistake again..."

2016-11-25

Let them die!

"Interested in a product. The TRU website reflected availability. Placed order. Received confirmation along with anticipated delivery date. Got email today saying order had been cancelled. Called 800 #. After being placed on hold for nearly 10 minutes, Associate came back on the phone to inform me the order was cancelled because the item was out of stock. Needless to say I am not a happy camper. No wonder this Company struggles. They will certainly never be an option for me again. Unfortunately the scale will not allow a zero. They certainly are not a 1. Let them die!"

2016-09-21

Ordering from Toys "R" Us stinks and their customer service does too!!!!!!

"My niece has her baby shower registry on Toys "R" Us, so I ordered something from it on Sept. 11. It came with free shipping and once the order was placed, I received an email from them stating that it should be received between 9/16 and 9/20.
I never received an email when it was shipped, and I had it shipped to my sister's, as she is hosting the shower on Sept 24th
I went into the order and it is stating that if did not get shipped until Sept 16th, and will not be received until Sept 27th!!
I have called and chatted with customer service and was pretty much told "Oh it is coming from CA so it is going to take a while".
I requested that they send another one at their expense with the 2 day shipping and they would not.
I will never ever shop with this company again, and will be sharing this with everyone I know.
What a lousy company

2016-06-27

Never again!

"I have purchased a pregnancy pillow on this website and I have chosen a home delivery option. For 2 weeks I have had a terrible experience with receiving my order, I've been calling maybe 10 times in total to Toyrus customer service as well as Purolator. Basically Purolator did not want to delivery my order to my home, instead they have left the item at their depot and sent me few voice mail that my item is available for a pick up at Etobicoke while I live in downtown Toronto! I am so frustrated, since every time I called a different person in Purolator advised that yes it is a mistake and you should be getting your order and your home address. The next day the same story a receive an auto mail that I have to pick up my item myself and that is it.

Regarding Toyrus they were not helpful at all. All they told me in their customer service is that I need to contact Purolator.

This is a horrrible experience, horrible company... As of now I am still waiting my order. 10th customer service operator advised that it should come to me tomorrow! I have no hope for this already, I cannot get my money back as well! I lost $100 and nobody can do anything about it!

Please advise anyone how can I sue this company??!!

2016-05-26

Just Frustrating

"I placed an order online on 5/20 and paid for my items to be shipped in 2 - 5 days vs the standard shipping of 7-9 days. I reasonably expected the items to arrive on or before 5/28. At the time that I placed my order - which included 6 items and I did not know that each piece would be shipped separately - so a book here a book there - ridiculous. I'll take the blame, perhaps that is written in the fine print. What I am most frustrated about is that as of today 5/26 three of my items HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN SHIPPED - A WEEK AND NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER - useless customer service - USELESS - the items all showed IN STOCK AND AVAILABLE - what is going on? Now the birthday gift will not arrive in time for the party - I hate paying for something and get nothing but confusion. I order online almost exclusively and I have never experienced this - My children are now grown and presently I have no grandchildren - the day I do -trust me, I will exhaust all options for those treasured gifts before coming back to TRU - I sympathize with parents who find themselves at the mercy of this toy store."

Share Toys 'R' Us's store rating

Toys 'R' Us is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Toys 'R' Us is not a merchant member
Toys 'R' Us does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!