Product & services pricing 6.25/10
Chance of future purchase: 3.33/10
Shipping & packaging: 8.75/10
Customer service: 5.00/10
2010-06-24

"Tower Hobbies is THE GOLD STANDARD of hobby suppliers. Their Communication and Service are Exceptional; I always check their website before making a hobby purchase."

2010-04-10

"AVOID. Reasons:

* Their markup is truly enormous. Its amazing
they can still get away with it. They are
selling mind share at this point, eventually
people will figure out how much cheaper other outlets are.

* They will try to charge what they think you are worth. For customers they think are non-US, they send email discount offers of 25% or more. If they screw up and email them to US customers (like me) by mistake, they will later try to refuse to honor their offer and make you spend hours on the phone.

* Oh, and by default they will spam you with 2 or more 'special offer' emails per week.

* They won't modify an order at all after its placed. Of course, any small store can do this.
So can big warehouse outlets that give a damn.

* Their web site is actually quite painful to use,
amainhobbies.com is much easier (and cheaper).

2010-02-12

"Tower Hobbies is my first stop for RC Parts!
I have to say that I am nothing but completly satisfied with this company. I have now placed two orders with them. Searching, checkout and product information is fantastic. Great deals. My last order was mis-shipped. They went well beyond my expectations on getting the problem resolved. Calling Tower Hobbies was a very pleasant experience. Very courteous and knowledable. Didnt wait long on hold. Very satisfied. I will ALWAYS check Tower Hobbies first!

2009-12-11

"Shopping and paying was easy--no silly registration necessary. I received the item VERY PROMPTLY and exactly as described. Highly satisfied, and will not hesitate to use this seller again. Thanks Tower Hobbies!"

Helpful (1) Cool

2009-11-20

"Always a great company to deal with. I always get what I ordered in a very timely fashion. "

2009-09-13

"Good things:

Very fast shipping and processing.
Exellent selection of rc models and accessories.
Huge number of spare parts available.
Recommended spare parts are very useful.
They have very nive offers.

bad things:

they don't have rc models from some manufacturer like kyosho.

2009-08-05

"The best online modeling site on the internet. I've been buying from Tower Hobbies for several years & their selection & service get better each time. This order took only 1 1/2 days to get to me. I highly recommend buying your modeling needs from them. Excellent prices, fair shipping prices, fantastic selection & shipped so quickly."

2009-04-13

"I always get first class service from this company! This was my fourth order from them, and it was perfect as always. Order placed on the night of 3/19, it shipped out on 3/21 and was at my door on 3/24 via UPS. It was a large order, and everything was well packed and arrived in perfect shape. And every order has been just as smooth! Their prices are good, and the shipping costs are not inflated. Highly recommend!

p.s. They send out really good coupon codes if you get on their mailing list.. They also offer a $10 per year membership where you get free shipping on larger orders, and some other discounts. But you should probably only consider this if you are going to make a lot of larger sized orders, but it my case it has been really worth it.

Helpful (1) Cool

2008-12-08

"I recently purchased from Towerhobbies.com. I found their website to have everything I needed to know about my purchase...the shipping was fast and accurate. Along with their low prices, what more could you ask for?"

2008-09-17

"I placed an order with Tower Hobbies for over $150 worth of materials for a special, time-sensitive project. Shopping on the website was a bit overwhelming as they offer so many products it can sometimes be daunting to find what you’re looking for. They had a good selection and I found everything I needed. They also offered some discounts if you bought items in bulk which was a nice plus.

Less than 24 hours after the order was placed, they sent me an email asking for confirmation as the address I was shipping to was different than the address on my credit card. The next day they sent me an email saying my order had shipped, and provided a link to the UPS tracking webpage (on a side note, I much prefer it when companies link directly, instead of requiring me to enter the tracking code).

The order arrived the day BEFORE their estimated arrival; a nice bonus.

Upon opening the order I noticed they had accidentally given me the wrong item even though the correct item was indicated on the packing list. Conveniently, the number for Order Assistance was printed right on the packing list. I called the number and it was answered by a person on the 2nd ring. No silly computer to thank me for calling and ask which of the 7 cryptic departments I wanted to speak too.

The representative was very nice, and quickly found my order in the system. We identified the wrong item in my shipment and the item I was supposed to have received. After a moment on hold, she notified me that a replacement box with the proper item would be shipped out the next day -- Very simple and easy and without hassle.

I have to say, this was one of the most efficient and customer friendly dealings with mail order or internet companies that I’ve experienced --Defiantly an A+.

Helpful (2) Cool

2008-09-05

"I have purchased plastic model kits from Tower Hobbies several times and so far it's been a good experience. Good prices and speedy delivery."

2008-04-21

"I ordered a few batteries and got what I needed on-time and in excellent condition. Shipping was cheap for my particular item as well. $3.99 shipping is pretty darned cheap."

2008-03-27

" I ordered early on March 19. Order was shipped that day and received on the 21st. Fixed price standard shipping $8.99 per order. Excellent prices. Merchandise exactly as described. This is where I will be getting my RC model equipment."

2008-03-18

"I tried to order from their web site. After the THIRD time that I had to check something indicating that I didn't want them to spam me or sell my name, I gave up and ordered from Amazon. It was $1 more from Amazon but it was worth it."

Helpful Cool (3)

2007-07-03

"Excellent online store. Great selection, fast shipping, amazing customer service. They even provide a prepaid return shipping label if you want to return something. Their policies are great, and their attention to detail is amazing for an online store. Will continue to use there site for years to come."

Share Tower Hobbies's store rating