Stores > Tower Hobbies
  • Tower Hobbies

Voice your opinion! Review Tower Hobbies by clicking a star below.
2011-12-27

"This is one of the best online stores for RC . They are the best organized to service most of the needs of a RC modeler. Even the smallest of the parts can be found on the site with well documented specifications and details. On this front they are unbeatable !"

2011-12-22

"I placed an order on December 13th in hopes I would receive product by December 22nd (my date celebrating Christmas with my son.) Much to my surprise, on the 22nd I had still not received my merchandise. Customer service reps had no recourse other than to tell me to check with the Post Office. They said they couldn't ship UPS or Fed Ex because of the materials. That's funny, I've ordered the same thing from other companies and received them 2 to 5 days later via UPS. "Contact the post office" she says. Obviously, she's never tried contacting a Government agency by phone at Christmas. I'm very disappointed. I will not be placing an order again!"

2011-12-19

"I have been a customer of Tower Hobbies for more than 20 years. Until 2011 everything was just fine. Throught this year, however, I have had nothing but poor experiences with them. Orders are shipping incomplete, even when the items were in-stock. When I was recently double charged for an easy pay order I was told it was somehow MY FAULT that THEY charged me twice for the same shipment. In addition, the customer service reps are now quite rude and ignorant. They never take responsibility when they screw up and try to make it seem like the customer's fault. Even when it is NOT.

I am ending my relationship with Tower after more than 2 decades. There are plenty of other shops out there these days.

2011-08-16

"This is a great company to deal with. Easy to use site layout and great prices on products. Shipping was quick, and arrived a day early! I will use this site for many more purchases with no hesitation. A+"

Here
2011-07-14

"Ordered from them a while ago and although it did take a little longer then usual to get what I ordered the quality of the product and pricing was superb. Will be coming there again IF they can improve there shipping time or if I'm not in a hurry. "

2011-06-30

"Don't order from Tower Hobbies if you're on a schedule. The date range given for when the order arrives assumes that the order will be shipped the moment you submit it. In our experience, it consistently takes 2 or so days for your order to get out the door, so don't expect anything revolutionary.

Otherwise, they seem to sell good products from our experience. It just won't be surprising when a more efficient and organized competitor totally takes their market away.

2011-04-02

"Great to do business with. Everything comes on time as promised, unless the shipping company is at fault of course. They ship with lots of protection around the packages and everything has always come perfectly. Prices are a little high on some items, but no comparison to the prices you would pay at a local hobby shop."

2011-03-16

"Shipping is SOOOOOOOO Slow!! They try to get you to join their club to speed it up, they suck, period!!"

2011-01-12

"I ordered an Eagle Tree data logger. It arrived promptly.

I've placed a half dozen orders with Tower in the past few years. I've never had problems.

In the past I've had occasion to contact their customer service. They always took good care of me.

Their prices aren't particularly low. However the prices become more reasonable when you use their coupons.

2011-01-11

"tower hobbies sucks,i placed an order with them and after using my gift cirtificate they cancelled my order,my account and my gift cirtificate,i lost all the money on it and they claim i used my account and did not finish paying for something i bought on easy pa.that was not me,do not do business with these people,Icalled them and they were rude,no help,or should i say ho help."

2011-01-06

"Once I placed my order, it took a few days to be assembled and shipped. I suggest paying for the super saver club (it's the same price as shipping on an order). Then you will get free shipping and be able to use awesome coupons for a year. Prices do seem enormously high some times, but using (for example) a $60 coupon on a $300 order more than makes up for the markup. Also when buying products in pairs of 2 or more, you can save some additional money."

2010-10-08

"I am very disappointed and will no longer do business with Tower Hobbies. I placed an order and paid for Priority Shipping and should have received my order by the end of the week as they promised.

I only received half of my order - a day later than they promised - the other half of my order is lost and un-trackable. I called Tower Hobbies and explained my situation - I asked for a refund for the priority shipping that I paid for because I did not receive my order when expected. They refused to give me a refund after asking to speak to a supervisor - Jeannine. Plus she told me that I would have to wait another 10+ days before they re-shipped the part of my order that was lost. I think this is very poor customer service and very disappointing as I had plans to race my truck this weekend.

They are willing to loose a customer over $8 in shipping - when I have spent close to $2,000 in the past year.

I know its only $8 but I think that when a company promises something and you pay for it that they should honor it. I would highly recommend thinking before placing an order with this company and especially pay for shipping!

2010-09-24

"All i can say is wow, being a supersaver member which got me a total of $70 off my order plus free shipping, wich actually made it to me next day even tho the free shipping was for ground only, Amazing! ive been ordering from tower for the last few years and will continue to do so."

2010-06-24

"Tower Hobbies is THE GOLD STANDARD of hobby suppliers. Their Communication and Service are Exceptional; I always check their website before making a hobby purchase."

2010-04-10

"AVOID. Reasons:

* Their markup is truly enormous. Its amazing
they can still get away with it. They are
selling mind share at this point, eventually
people will figure out how much cheaper other outlets are.

* They will try to charge what they think you are worth. For customers they think are non-US, they send email discount offers of 25% or more. If they screw up and email them to US customers (like me) by mistake, they will later try to refuse to honor their offer and make you spend hours on the phone.

* Oh, and by default they will spam you with 2 or more 'special offer' emails per week.

* They won't modify an order at all after its placed. Of course, any small store can do this.
So can big warehouse outlets that give a damn.

* Their web site is actually quite painful to use,
amainhobbies.com is much easier (and cheaper).

Share Tower Hobbies's store rating

Tower Hobbies is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Tower Hobbies is not a merchant member
Tower Hobbies does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!