Product & services pricing 0.63/10
Shipping & packaging: 3.13/10
2013-01-17

"On my twelfth (and probably final) order in the past two months, I received a motor that had been pretty badly beaten up in packaging. It didn't look physically bad, so I gave it a shot.

This is by no means the first time something from Tower Hobbies has arrived to my door damaged (yet somehow, Amazon and A Main Hobbies have figured out how to ship me things unscathed), but it's certainly the most expensive.

As soon as power was applied, magic blue smoke. So I called up Tower Hobbies, and got a really dismissive woman who (and I'm paraphrasing here) basically said "Once you touch it, it's yours."

So, my $250 motor and ESC that haven't moved a single wheel get to be traded in for refurb junk from the manufacturer.

Way to treat a repeat customer. Or any customer.

Not to mention the number of times common items have been backordered, and the backorders have taken 6+ weeks to ship.

We're breaking up, Tower Hobbies. It's not me. It's you.

Helpful (1) Cool

2012-08-02

"I have had a great experience with tower hobbies so far. I really like their three pay plan. And I have had great fast shipping with them and whenever I had an issue they were always there to help. For me, they have gone far beyond what they would have had to do. Im sorry for the people who havent had a good experience with them. I will continue doing bussiness with them."

2012-05-03

"I always have a good experience shopping here they have some of the best prices and coupons on the web. I shop for plastic models & model supplies they have a reasonable selection. Had to call customer service once they were polite and took care of my problem right away. Shipping is good takes about a week to arrive."

Helpful (1) Cool

2012-03-01

"I have bought several things from them over the years, and never had any problems."

2012-01-24

"Fantastic, fast, reliable service. I am most amazed by their inventory, I have never had trouble finding exactly the hardware that I need! I am truly impressed by this company, and always get my hardware and hobby supplies from this shop. I've had dozens of orders in the past few years and have never once been disappointed."

2011-12-27

"This is one of the best online stores for RC . They are the best organized to service most of the needs of a RC modeler. Even the smallest of the parts can be found on the site with well documented specifications and details. On this front they are unbeatable !"

2011-12-22

"I placed an order on December 13th in hopes I would receive product by December 22nd (my date celebrating Christmas with my son.) Much to my surprise, on the 22nd I had still not received my merchandise. Customer service reps had no recourse other than to tell me to check with the Post Office. They said they couldn't ship UPS or Fed Ex because of the materials. That's funny, I've ordered the same thing from other companies and received them 2 to 5 days later via UPS. "Contact the post office" she says. Obviously, she's never tried contacting a Government agency by phone at Christmas. I'm very disappointed. I will not be placing an order again!"

2011-12-19

"I have been a customer of Tower Hobbies for more than 20 years. Until 2011 everything was just fine. Throught this year, however, I have had nothing but poor experiences with them. Orders are shipping incomplete, even when the items were in-stock. When I was recently double charged for an easy pay order I was told it was somehow MY FAULT that THEY charged me twice for the same shipment. In addition, the customer service reps are now quite rude and ignorant. They never take responsibility when they screw up and try to make it seem like the customer's fault. Even when it is NOT.

I am ending my relationship with Tower after more than 2 decades. There are plenty of other shops out there these days.

2011-08-16

"This is a great company to deal with. Easy to use site layout and great prices on products. Shipping was quick, and arrived a day early! I will use this site for many more purchases with no hesitation. A+"

2011-07-14

"Ordered from them a while ago and although it did take a little longer then usual to get what I ordered the quality of the product and pricing was superb. Will be coming there again IF they can improve there shipping time or if I'm not in a hurry. "

2011-06-30

"Don't order from Tower Hobbies if you're on a schedule. The date range given for when the order arrives assumes that the order will be shipped the moment you submit it. In our experience, it consistently takes 2 or so days for your order to get out the door, so don't expect anything revolutionary.

Otherwise, they seem to sell good products from our experience. It just won't be surprising when a more efficient and organized competitor totally takes their market away.

2011-04-02

"Great to do business with. Everything comes on time as promised, unless the shipping company is at fault of course. They ship with lots of protection around the packages and everything has always come perfectly. Prices are a little high on some items, but no comparison to the prices you would pay at a local hobby shop."

2011-03-16

"Shipping is SOOOOOOOO Slow!! They try to get you to join their club to speed it up, they suck, period!!"

2011-01-12

"I ordered an Eagle Tree data logger. It arrived promptly.

I've placed a half dozen orders with Tower in the past few years. I've never had problems.

In the past I've had occasion to contact their customer service. They always took good care of me.

Their prices aren't particularly low. However the prices become more reasonable when you use their coupons.

2011-01-11

"tower hobbies sucks,i placed an order with them and after using my gift cirtificate they cancelled my order,my account and my gift cirtificate,i lost all the money on it and they claim i used my account and did not finish paying for something i bought on easy pa.that was not me,do not do business with these people,Icalled them and they were rude,no help,or should i say ho help."

Share Tower Hobbies's store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!