Product & services pricing 0.63/10
Shipping & packaging: 3.13/10
2016-08-02

Never pay extra for delivery

"I paid extra for priority mail shipping which indicated an estimated delivery date within 2 days of shipping. The package didn't arrive until six days after I ordered. I emailed their customer service numerous times asking for a refund on the shipping costs, as I could have just kept with free shipping, but instead of offering a refund they told me to bring my complaint to the US Postal Office. Not impressed and will not be a returning customer."

2016-06-26

Scratch and Dent scammers

"I bought a scratch and dent car that was listed as having moderate damage and a damaged ESC. I replaced the ESC and discovered that the receiver or transmitter was also faulty. The only option they would give is to return the car and be out the money I spent on the ESC or spend more money replacing what should have been working bringing my total close to that of a new, warrantied version."

2016-04-23

Tower Hobbies is for masochists.

"I have no idea why people buy from Tower. Their selection is in reality poor although quite a lot of items are listed, their prices not at all competitive and their multiple "bonus" programs are useless. Also, they are extremely late at getting new releases in stock. Furthermore, though totally legal, they have lots of brands and products with unacceptable quality that my moral would have stopped me from offering if I had a business myself

I've spent a total of roughly 500 Euro on 31 items from Tower, and deeply regret giving them my money. I reckon Tower is rather big, but I bet they won't survive as global competition gets harder and people realize that there are so many better shops out there.

2016-04-01

Tower Hobbies CROOKS!

"Tried to order a new RC kit and take advantage of their so called "easy pay" plan. I had to sign up for a account to do this, so no big deal. I did all of this placed my order and all looked well. Later that day I get a email from their customer service department saying that they have cancelled my order because I already had a account with them. I email them back saying this is my first order, I've never bought anything from you except on Ebay (Omni Models). They then email back saying that although I didn't have account before my account shares some details with someone that did and that they have the right to refuse ordering privileges. What a friggin JOKE!!! On top of it, Tower charged my bank card the initial payment even though they cancelled my order, now I am fighting to get my money back. After this mess, I went onto Amain.com and purchased a new Losi 22 3.0 buggy kit. I will not buy anything asscociated with Great Planes (Tower Hobbies) ever again."

2016-01-01

"Good products with factory seals, fast shipping (5-7 days) is normally (2-3 days), great customer service ( 0-15 secs wait time on hold ) , user friendly website with a lot of predicted text. I am a 1st time nitro rc owner and highly recommend this company. I had multiple late orders that I had placed during holidays and all were received before expected delivery dates. (True testament). "

2015-12-19

"TC4 kit arrived missing parts. Contacted customer service within 48hrs and without success. CS stated there was nothing they could do and laughed when I mentioned disputing the credit card charges."

2015-06-23

"They sold me a incompatible battery and after the 3 interaction still would not let me return the useless brand new never been used battery. T t f "

2015-03-09

"Placed very large order (Slash Platinum w/ multiple accesories) with TowerHobbies. Was excited to take advantage of their e-cash program. First time purchaser, tried figureing out how to use the e-cash, was expecting at least $40 "gift Certificate". And by the time I figure it out, the coupon had expired (Good for only 5-days form original purchase)! My coupon had expired before I even received my order! Will never order from Tower Hobbies Again regardless of pricing/discounts/coupons!"

2015-02-18

"I ordered the 1/16th Traxxas slash 4x4 through Tower Hobbies. I used Tower Hobbies because of their easy pay setup, ordering was fast and easy to do. The product was $210 which is the exact price on Traxxas.com so Tower Hobbies don't over charge. Plus they had a coupon code for $22 off my order so my total was $187 and some change. I picked the free shipping and got my RC in 5 days. Thanks Tower Hobbies I'll continue to do business with you. "

2015-01-14

"I have been ordering from Towerhobbies for about 5 years now, and never had a problem that could be attributed to Towerhobbies itself. There was one time when I ordered something that turned out to be out of stock, but they emailed me promptly and gave me the option to back order the item. I have found the site easy to use and I always get my orders within the date range they are promised, even during the holidays.
That said, this is just my experience. I'm not discrediting anyone else's negative review because that is the wrong thing to do. I just wanted to share my positive experience in the hope that others in the future won't have any problems.

2014-10-21

"Their customer service is horrible. I have spent thousands with them and have had a package get lost in the warehouse. If my package is delayed and i call in to make sure everything is ok they give me grief and attitude. They are a bunch of low class employees who hate working there, it shows in their tone of voice's. Once the $$ is spent they have no care, before the $$ is spent you are golden to them...
Be cautious!!

davefr
davefr
Top Reviewer!
2013-11-20

"Order was processed smoothly and delivery was prompt but be very careful when ordering from Tower.

In one of the checkout screens they automatically enroll you in a subscription service scheme. You have to catch it and manually opt out!!

This is a very unethical business practice IMHO. They should give you the option to opt in only.

My advice is to be very careful and read every line when placing an order.

2013-11-15

"First time I used tower hobbies and all I can say is their customer service was great. USPS lost the package and I spent 2 weeks trying to figure out what happened with USPS representatives. I spent 5 minutes on the phone with Tower Hobbies and they replaced my order immediately. Thank you Tower Hobbies for fixing an issue that you were not even the cause of and allowing me to enjoy your products. "

2013-07-22

"I am writing this because it seems that this is way too low of a rating for a great business such as tower hobbies. I've been a loyal customer of theres for going on 3 years now. Let me tell you, who ever is giving poor ratings, obviously is either ignorant or a bad consumer. The only complaint Ive had was there parts express shipping sometimes took over a week to get what I ordered. And one more instance where the part that came was for a different model, which they gave me the right one free of ahipping and told me I could keep the part sent in error. I also called and had my account marked for UPS ground only, so now once it shows it shipped i have it next day. They are also Hobbicos's biggest retailer, and I speculate that they are Hobbico's storefront. So who better to deal with than the manufacturer itself when making purchases?"

2013-03-11

"Tower hobbies has a fraudulent "hassle free" return policy. If you purchase items from tower hobbies, and the item does not perform as described, you are stuck with the item! You cannot return anything that has been "more than looked at"! Also, back order items will NOT be shipped on date stated! Buyer beware of this company! I won't be purchasing from them again! Customer services is very poor as well, and after conversing with a "supervisor" he hung up on me????"

Share Tower Hobbies's store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!