Product & services pricing 2.40/10
Customer service: 1.25/10
Return/Replacement policy: 1.64/10
2018-05-28

Horrible, just plain horrible

"I bought some sandals back in April 2017, and I have yet to receive them. I have called customer service multiple times to get a refund but they state "until I receive the item they cannot issue a refund". If I go to the store they tell me the issue is due to a change of warehouse and some orders take longer to process. Its been a YEAR! How much longer do they want me to wait?

I am tired of spending a lot of money at this store, and only receive horrible customer service.

I do not recommend you make purchases from Torrid.com, you'll probably never see the items and have to wait a year or longer to 'maybe' get a refund.

Helpful (1) Cool

2018-05-28

VERY **** Company

"Have spent most of the day on the phone trying to get conformation of a bill that they are sending me. Problem is I never used my account and payed in cash. I have called a dozen times and keep getting the same guy on the phone and all he will say is pay us money. Will not give me a copy of the dates the purchases were supposedly done. Basically they want me to pay for a bill that I didn't make and all they will say is pay $100's of dollars to us now or we can't help you, and when you check the payment is only showing $25 currently, but there should not be any bill at all anyways. Do not use this Company, they are do not even conduct there own business, they contract it out to a bank so you can not even do any kind of proper business with the stores directly. O and by the way the couple hundred dollar bill they are charging me for is for 2 pairs of socks, that like I said was payed for with cash card. Right hand has no idea what is going on with the left and non existent business practices. To say they were a bad business would be giving them credit they do not deserve. Do NOT use this company, online or in store all they are in business to do is rip you off and charge you for bills that you did not even make. I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and Washington State Prosecuting Attorney. While I do not expect the Company to do anything, especially after reading the other reviews on the website. I do hope this will stop people from using this Company for any kind of business. "

2018-05-21

Horrible sales and service! 0/5!!

"Every time I try to order from the website there is a problem and I get an error code stating the order can’t be placed. So I always have to call my orders in. When I place a phone order The rep either enters my address incorrectly or gets the order wrong or I get a random email 3-5 days later stating my order is canceled but not why. 3 online/phone orders, 3 cancelled orders due to customer service mistakes. I always have to call back and spend a bunch of time correcting their lazy mistakes. If you value your time do not waste it ordering from Torrid online! Never again!!!! "

2018-05-17

shipping and product

"it is ridiculous it takes up to 14 days days to ship that is not called for at all theses days.. I Also think it is little over price for how long the product last.. The pants fit very well on me but don't last.. I can find other pants at other stores that fit but the problem with me they are too long because I'm short.. "

2018-05-16

Jeans worn through

"I am beyond dissaffiliate with Torrid. I am a curvy girl, not large by any means. A 14 to 16 in jeans. I have had their jeans for less than a year and they have not only lost their shape, but between the legs have completely worn out. Considering torrid raves about being plus size, you think there would be reinforcement for the inside theighs...not wearing through the fabric right away. Considering these jeanse are not cheap whatsoever, I had higher expectations for this company and the way they build their pants for curvier women. "

2018-05-15

Terrible quality clothing, not worth the price

"The clothing looks quite nice and seems to fit nice. After wearing it once, you realize the quality is terrible. It is very thin and you can almost see through it. It does not flatter curves, as it should. it is also really expensive so they offer deals constantly. However, there is always a gimmick to the deals and you wind up paying more than what these clothes are worth. In addition, when I went there the two staff members were very nice and even helped me look for clothing. However, they forgot to give me the items I placed at the register and I had to go through a huge ordeal to buy them and get the discount I signed up for. The manager (Paramus, NJ) was rude and unhelpful. I could tell I really annoyed her and she was so rude to her staff. "

2018-05-13

HORRIBLE Customer Service

"I received someone else's order. I wanted to replace the order, but both of my dresses were out of stock, so I requested a refund and was promised a pre-paid shipping label to return the items I was sent. They belonged to someone else, and I didn't want them. I called Torrid a few days later to inquire about my refund, and they said it was still pending approval for upper management and the rep would request it again. I got my refund a few days later, but had to e-mail and call Torrid twice in order to get the shipping label. At one point, the customer rep sent me to a different department who sent me back to the person I talked to before. During the 4th phone call I finally talked to a manager and they sent me the label. I asked the customer rep if the girl would get her money back when I sent them her items and the rep said "I'm sure she called or something and it has already been taken care of." I was in contact with the girl who's items I received and this worried me, so I told her to call Torrid to make sure she got her money back. They had no intention of reaching out to her for an apology or to make sure she got her items/refund. Horrible situation all around. "

2018-05-12

Never order online!

"I've ordered online twice, both times it says expect order in 10 to 14 days. Ha! They don't even package it for at least 5 days. Then when you email to inquire (because one status says shipped and the other says processing) you fill in your name, phone, order number and email. I get a return reply 7 days later that says they need my name and the email attached to the account. Ummm you just emailed me to ask me what the email on the account is? And used my name to ask me what my name is? AND attached your reply to my original email that clearly has ALL of that info AND the order number on it? There are no words...."

2018-05-10

Absolute garbage online company

"Torrid.com's shipping team must be absolute imbacils because they have mixed up not only mine but multiple other people's orders so now there are clothes randomly floating around in the world with no way of knowing where my order and items are. Torrid.com is absolute trash. I will never EVER be ordering from them again, only from the store and even that is a strong MAYBE. So so disappointing. "

Worst Customer Service

"Ive bought with Torrid Multiple times and yes I love their clothes but they are extremely over priced. But hey I can live with that since it's not an every day thing. But what I cannot believe is how rude, unprofessional, and stupid their customer service is. Oh and don't forget their never working website!!!!! What's the point of ordering things online when they never update the status EVER so your just sitting there waiting for clothes that are most likely never going to arrive!! God forbid you want to contact someone for help, they have a 4hr hold time! Are u fucken kidding me? And once you do get to speak with one of their incompetent customer service employees or SUPERVISORS they simply state they can't help you. Umm so then what are u there for? Apparently just to waist my fucken time. Still waiting on that refund. Smfh I officially hate Torrid. "

Best Experience Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I love Torrid and their clothing. The Lees Summit store in KCMO is the best. Louise has gone far beyond excellent service to help me find an item that they were completely sold out of, in the region, in in size. She and Emma are always so helpful and kind. They treat everyone that enters into their store with repect and dignity. Louise went through great lengths and found the item I was looking for in Rogers, Arkansas and had it shipped to her store. I am a every wekend shopper. I LOVE CLOTHES, SHOES and ACCESSORIES! Thank you so much Torrid for having such an amazing sales rep in your store. Keep up the excellent work ladies. I drive well out of my way to come to that particular store. I will continue to do so as long as they have those two angels!!!!"

2018-05-08

Still waiting almost 5 months later...

"I have previously ordered online with absolutely no issues-I even recieved my items SHIPPED TO STORE by the following week. But I placed an order back in december 2017, and I get that they do not ship on holidays or weekends so I figured it would take a while. But come on it is MAY 2018 and the status of my items have not changed since January 2nd only one item from that order shipped and I was able to pick it up. I have not been charged for the rest of them and honestly I don't care anymore if I never see/get them. Customer service has been absolutely no help to me. I have placed one more/my last order online and I'm hoping this time it goes as smooth as my first order, I've been charged but nothing has shipped or changed in the past 7 days. We will see.

****Update; My items arrived a few days later and picked them up with no isses (bumping rating to a 2 star) ***

2018-05-07

Horrible and unclear return policies

"I ordered an item online. It didn't fit, and I wanted to exchange for another size. I called the number, as they suggested to do in the case of an exchange. After a 30-minute wait, they called finally me back. I was told I that I couldn't do an even exchange through the mail -- that'd I'd have to pay to ship the items back and re-order the new size. Or, I could drive to a store to see if they have the size I could exchange for, and if not, to return the item. So, I drove 20 minutes to the store. They didn't have the size I wanted, so I decided to simply return the item. But the clerk told me that because I paid online with PayPal, I couldn't return the item in the store for credit card reimbursement -- I could only get a store credit. Had I known I couldn't return the item in-store if purchased with PayPal, I would never had made the wasted trip to the mall. I've been left with a very poor opinion of this store, and won't be purchasing from them again.

2018-04-30

Not there for me when there was a problem

"I have spent a lot of money with this store brand. However, when I was shipped shoes with one shoe in a 10 and the other in a 9.5, I could not get through to customer service. The site assures me that they do returns in the stores but when I went there they would not help me. I am still trying and trying to get through on the phone. I am very disappointed that I was treated so casually and unhelpfully at the store after what I great customer I have been. Loyalty should mean something and there should be a corporate environment that encourages it."

2018-04-30

Cute clothes BUT....

"I really like Torrid's clothing selections. The clothes are very cute and there is a wonderful variety to choose from. They are a great store because they carry such a wide selection of fashionable offerings for plus sized girls. They are of course on the expensive side, but I expect that as they are a specialty store. I do think that some items are overpriced for what they are. A $48 t-shirt, for instance, is too much in my opinion.
I can live with all of that though...Their shipping time frame is unacceptable. I feel that in today's day and age there is no excuse that anyone should be waiting over a week for atypical order to ship. This is something that they must address and rectify. I have read countless reviews/complaints about this issue and I just do not understand it. I have placed 3 orders in the month of April, the first being on 4/11. It has not even shipped yet. It will be May 1st tomorrow. Item is in stock according to their website and no response from customer service. Not good Torrid...

Helpful (1) Cool

Share Torrid.com's store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!