Product & services pricing 2.40/10
Shipping & packaging: 0.89/10
Customer service: 1.25/10
Return/Replacement policy: 1.64/10
2018-09-19

Customer service is a joke

"I placed and order that was never delivered. It was likely a mistake made by ups, but when I reached out to Torrid customer service they assured me the item could be resent, or refunded. I requested a refund, having ordered the item for an event that had come and gone through this time. The service rep assured me that the refund had been issued, and I would receive the credit back on my card within 3-5 business days. A week and a half went by with no refund so I reached out again to the same rep, who now claimed that it was still waiting on approval from their supervisor. I found this odd since I was already assured the refund had been issued and would be in my account within 5 business days. But this time around they assured me they had escalated the matter, and I would receive the refund shortly. They also offered to throw in $10 in rewards. Another 2 weeks went by and I heard nothing on the status of my refund, and I never received the $10 rewards in my account, despite being told it would be available immediately. I’ve reached out a couple more times and they’ve simply stopped responding.
This is the type of service I would expect from an alibaba or wish type website, but not from Torrid, an American owned company I’ve been shopping at for years. Needles to say I will never make another purchase through Torrid online or in person.

2018-09-19

Canceled order

"I always buy from Torrid, and have been a faithful customer, but I’m so irritated.
I ordered a cardigan and got an amazing deal on it, so when I went to check on the status (because it should have been getting in soon) I saw where they had just canceled my order. I called their customer service line -where i waited 22 min to talk to what seemed like a 14 year old. Who told me that they just cancel way too many orders to be able to send out a cancelation email to notify you and that they can’t help that their products are still online even though they are no longer available. I literally have $197.76 in my cart right now from shopping while waiting on their customer service, but I will never buy from Torrid again after this. I went in deleted my card info and unsubscribed from their stuff. I bought that specifically for this weekend and had already bought and planned an outfit around it because I live over an hour away from the nearest shopping area. They should have at least given me my rewards or something for the purchase, and been more apologetic. I am so upset because they have the winter coat I was going to buy this year, but I’m just not going to give my hard earned money to a company that handles things like this.
Sorry Torrid. I’ll miss you.

2018-09-13

Shipping

"I spend a lot of money with this company my last 3 orders were all express orders and each one was not delivered on time! I’m currently waiting on an order that has express shipping that I placed last Friday it just shipped yesterday when it should have been here by today it hasn’t even started moving yet! When a customer request express shipping and forks out the extra 23.00 they charge it should arrive on time! Now not only did I not get get my order for what I need it for I have to call in and deal with they’re horrible customer service just to get The money back! I’m not disappointed just not impressed!!! "

2018-09-12

Worst Customer service

"I ordered 3 items 2 were shipped a day third one said it would be soon. Still haven't received item. Called customer service a dvthey were the ruddest people I have ever spoke to. I paid extra for overnight shipping for this particular item and they are telling me it's no longer available and it's been cancelled off my order. Mind you I never received a notice that they were cancelling my item. They couldn't even give me a reason for the poor communication and she actually hung up on me when I asked to speak to her supervisor!!! "

2018-09-06

Torrid! Please go out of business soon!!!

"Made the mistake of paying $28 more for a funeral dress to be overnighted. No package. Customer Service RUDE and totally unhelpful. I throughly expect they’ll steal my $100. I hope all employees get canned and stay that way until they learn how to do their job."

2018-09-05

OMG!! Never again.

"This company is the worst to deal with. Online is impossible and customer service is non existent, I am soooo furious with the “supervisor” who just hung up on me,, unbelievable!!"

2018-08-24

Don't take a chance online...

"Awful customer service. If you aren't positive, don't risk an online order. Can't even exchange a sale item when your correct size is in stock, and many items are not true to size, but bigger. If you do purchase something that isn't on sale, the processing time takes so long you either need to be able to pay for the new one immediately, before the other is refunded, or risk it not being in stock by the time they do whatever it takes them so long to do. I won't be shopping with Torrid anymore unless I can get to a city with a store. :- ( Sad, as they have nice things. I really wanted the black lace swimsuit cover, and had tried it in store. I would swear I ordered the same size, but the one I have is way too big, and now I'm stuck, out money to get another size, and with something I have no use for."

2018-08-17

Worst customer service ever

"Won’t except a return despite having my receipt. I’m only a few days outside the return window and all I wanted was to exchange it for something else. But no. So now I closed my credit cards and I’m even a stock hold and I’m selling my stock. Not willing to support a company that doesn’t help its customers. "

2018-08-04

Torrid fix your shipping!

"I LOVE Torrid clothing - only reason I have two stars- but I abhor Torrid’s shipping and processing times. It takes 3-4 weeks between their week long “processing” stage to the shipping stage- and the shipping is slow as molasses in January. Do not order for special occasions because the package doesn’t arrive when you think it should. I’m still waiting for my Torrid order- in the meantime, I’ve ordered from both Maurices and Lane Bryant and already received both of their orders! Seriously Torrid.. your losing customers left and right.. why can’t you figure it out? I want to love you. I want to give you my money. But I can’t with your terrible business practices. Fire whoever you need to fire! Whatever it takes- please Torrid! "

2018-08-03

Love the clothes but...

"HATE HATE HATE the customer service. They never seem to know what's going on because they contract to an outside company. I've only had one good experience with their customer service. Torrid also needs to update their inventory tracking system, the website will let you buy stuff that is out of stock and then they will go back later and cancel your order without any explanation. Get your act together Torrid."

2018-07-31

Rip off!!!

"I ordered pair of jeans size 12 over the phone and specifically asked if they don't fit can I return them? Customer service rep told me "yes". After I received jeans they were too big so I called customer service and requested an exchange for a size 10. Rep said jeans were a final sale which I was not informed of when I ordered jeans thru service rep the first time. Rep was gonna charge me for a size 10 and wouldn't do an exchange for me. if size 10 jeans would have fit me I would have bought all styles of jeans that they have. I have gained weight and am looking for a a new wardrobe of jeans. I am disgusted and will never refer anyone to Torrid. What a rip off. I now have a pair of jeans that I can't even wear!!!"

2018-07-26

Super lousy customer service

"I had ordered from Hot Topic (which I later found it is a sister company to Torrid), the package came with my shipping address on the bag, contents inside were not what I had ordered, and contained a packing slip of another customer from Torrid. I called the customer service number on the packing slip to have this corrected. I was a little irritated because I wanted my order for the weekend it arrived, but accidents happen, I understand and I was polite to the customer service rep. The woman I spoke to, obviously did not want to even try to help me. Her attitude out of the gates was sub par, huffing under her breath, sounded incredibly miserable. So I told her what happened. No sorry for the inconvenience, I'll help you out, nothing. Asks me if I have my order number, so I say no I don't, that it is in my email, could she look my name up for the order. NO, I need the order number, so I say, okay, can you let me look through my email quick? Her answer, sigh, yes I'll wait. So I give her the order number, and she then proceeds to tell me that it doesn't even show up, and asks if this is a Hot Topic order, so I say yes. "well, this isn't Hot Topic, Torrid is a sister company of them". umm Okay, I was not aware of that. "You'll have to call them". So, I ask if she would happen to have the number for customer service (since they are a sister company). "No, I'll have to find it on Google, (huff and puff). EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. NEVERMIND, I'll call them myself you rude rude woman, BYE! Thankfully the man at HT was friendly and helpful. But, my goodness, what awful customer service for an error that THEY made! Geez, I would never buy from this company after dealing with someone who treated me so badly. Never purchased their clothing but that particular customer service rep made me never want to purchase anything there. "

2018-07-24

Package never arrived-- no refund

"Ordered two products from Torrid in one cart, and while the products were great, only one arrived. Company refuses to ship another product or issue a refund."

2018-07-24

Slow Shipping and Rude Customer Service

"After a week, order still shows "in process". Called customer service and was told that my order is in the "2nd stage of shipping"...whatever that means. They don't anticipate my product arriving at the store for another two weeks. Order confirmation says, "You will receive an email when the Torrid store receives your package. If you don't receive an email within 7-10 days, please call 1.866.867.7431 so we can check on its status for you." Three week shipping when it states 7-10 days is very misleading. I wouldn't be so frustrated if the the customer service rep hadn't basically called me a liar about what my order confirmation said. This was my first ever order with Torrid and will surely be my last. "

2018-07-21

Exchange

"Horrible horrible horrible I ordered sandals in May they came they were too big I sent them back waiting for the smaller size it is now July still no shoes called to find out what was the problem . mind you I had been calling and and was told several times they are in processing , how long does it take to process now you have my money and the shoes , I have nothing,I called again was told they will overnight the shoes well that was on the 17th of July , then was told call back on the 25th . This is bul......, I will not be ordering again!"

Share Torrid.com's store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!