torrid.com

Customer service: 2.02/10
Return/Replacement policy: 2.66/10
2018-06-15

Worst customer service

"I placed my order online and after almost a week I never received shipping confirmation. I called to check on my order a week later and my order was cancelled?! No reason as to why!!!
After I placed my order AGAIN via phone which took over an hour, they wanted to charge me extra because some of my items were out of stock now and I couldn’t use my hautecash. They updated the billing and the order was placed or so I thought!
A week later I called to check on my order which was in processing status! No one could give me a reason as to why after waiting over the phone for an hour my order wasn’t processed! They blamed it on bank verification which is absurd because I verified and allowed the payment to be processed the second time I placed the order.
I finally asked them to cancel the order. The customer service was awful and the “supervisor” Douglass was as terrible at his job as Torrids customer service.
I will NEVER purchase from here again and will be sure to tell everyone about the awful experiences I’ve had.
AND, I have been a platinum reward member for a long time. NOT ONCE did I expect this from Torrid. Now I see what everyone’s talking about.

2018-06-15

Sketchy

"Up till recently I have never had an issue with torrid until today. However, I feel a bit skeptical of ordering from online now due to fact I ordered before using promo code to have a subtotal/ total of 289 then after promo code 382 to have a total of 230... I’m a tad confused on how that happens when 40% off code is added how come the subtotal jumped up 100$ @.@
When I contacted customer service about the isssue they said they could do the order. How? How are you able to do it right if we’re using the same site??? Then they tried to tell me I was stacking promos. I have screen shots of orders and one clearly hasn’t any codes where as the other had one single code.
289 subtotal without any added codes
382 subtotal after added code so please beware.
It’s as if they hiked price after coupon use to seem like your getting a good deal when in reality you’re only saving 40-50$

Code:FLASH4U

2018-06-07

Complete NIGHTMARE

"I ordered 2 pairs of shoes (bogo deal) online. 2 days after order was placed I got an email saying only part of my order had been shipped and that the other part would ship shortly. No big deal right? Ha, another 2 days go by and I get another email saying the shoes are no longer available. EVEN THOUGH they are still listed on the website on FIVE sizes including my size. So they apologize and ask me to pick a different shoe same price and they will ship it to me for free. Done. I get an email saying my order shipped... I look and it’s the completely wrong shoe!! So I email customer service AGAIN. More apologies and the correct shoe has been sent. Today I got the package finally.... was super excited open up the box and it’s the completely wrong size I wear and 8.5 and that’s what my order specified.... they sent me an 11!!! I’m so over this whole mess and can promos I will nevvvvver be doing business with them again!!! "

Helpful (1) Cool

2018-06-06

Where's My Dress?

"I ordered several items that were to arrive in 3 different packages. The first arrived and it was suppose to be the most important item I purchased; a dress. When I opened my package, it was the receipt and purchase of a total stranger. The information in the package included name, address, phone number, account number, etc... of this stranger. Then it dawned on me, if I have this person's then someone else must have mine. I quickly contacted Torrid and they would do nothing to recover my dress. They no longer had it in stock. I told them they had to notify people of the information breach and asked them to elevate the issue. I have yet to hear anything from them. It seems if you want to purchase from them, the only way to go is to go to their store because they are too clueless to deal with real matters like compliance."

2018-06-05

Rip Off

"Iordered a swimsuit online and exchanged the top for a smaller size in the store. I ordered the smaller size and paid for it at the register. I recieved a email asking me to rate my online order experience. I mentioned how helpful the stores staff was and complained that I had not recieved my order in three weeks. I got a email stating they value my opinion; however refused to post my review. I stated in my review that I would appreciate some feedback. Editing or cherry picking reviews seems a luttle shady to begon with. They must know this is a problem. I called the store to see what was going on. The lady told me my exchange and order was processed and advised me to call customer service. I finally got through to somebody after being put on hold for a long time. I remained patient as the customer service rep explainded she couldnt pull my order number up on my account and asked if one was on my receipt. I explained there wasn't one showing that matched her description. The call reps are not able to view the same things as the store reps on the screen. That enables Torrids employees. She was trying to help me and her hands were tied. I went back to the store and spoke to the same lady who directed me to customer service. She also called to get some help. She explained there new system didn't process my order. I showed her were my bank account was drafted. She kept my receipt and said she would call me back to see if she could refund my account and reorder the item. I advised her and customer service that I had spent almost my entire day off to resolve this; and now I might not get my money back for a order I never received? UNBELIEVABLE! I have been a torrid insider customer for three years; and Torrid was about to lose me as a customer. Then she asked me if I wanted to run my card at her register to reorder; before getting my refund. I understand it was not her fault and she was trying to help. No way was I going to pay for another item and get nothing in return. They already kept mt receipt. I'm not getting ripped off twice. I spent my day off trying to fix a error that Torrid made on my account. My plans were to enjoy my day off at the beach in my new swim suit that I ordered and never revieved. This is not personel towards any of the Torrid staff. They all tried to help me; but a serious apology and a generous gift card along with reasurance that efforts will be taken will get me back as a customer. You know ehat yo do to if you care to keep me as a customer and maybe even get a good review Torrid. Your losing a goid cusyomet. Don't expect me to buy my clothed there or to buy my loved ones anything else from your store. I'll buy ugly granny clothes from Walmarts white stag brand or eat rabit food to lose wieght if thats what it takes to stay out of your store. You've lost my trust. I couldn't even give the correct invoice number because the store kept my receipt "

2018-06-03

Torrid is not the same

"Torrid used to be my favorite store, as a fuller shape girl I appreciated how beautiful those clothes made me look! They have changed something, either management or style. I cannot find anything anymore! Their clothes used to last year's and now the quality is horrible, I had to throw out two shirts because they frayed after first use!"

2018-06-02

**** service

"I ordered a swimsuit set and I ordered the wrong size bottoms. The site said call within 15 minutes if I needed to change something. I called and they said well it needs to go threw the system in an hour. Call back then and we can fix it. So I call back an hour later. They say well it already left the warehouse so we can’t do anything. Like wtf. Now I have to wait til it get here and return it. Also online it says they don’t have the size I need anymore I thinking of returning both items back and just not worry about swimming this year."

2018-05-28

Horrible, just plain horrible

"I bought some sandals back in April 2017, and I have yet to receive them. I have called customer service multiple times to get a refund but they state "until I receive the item they cannot issue a refund". If I go to the store they tell me the issue is due to a change of warehouse and some orders take longer to process. Its been a YEAR! How much longer do they want me to wait?

I am tired of spending a lot of money at this store, and only receive horrible customer service.

I do not recommend you make purchases from Torrid.com, you'll probably never see the items and have to wait a year or longer to 'maybe' get a refund.

Helpful (1) Cool

2018-05-28

VERY **** Company

"Have spent most of the day on the phone trying to get conformation of a bill that they are sending me. Problem is I never used my account and payed in cash. I have called a dozen times and keep getting the same guy on the phone and all he will say is pay us money. Will not give me a copy of the dates the purchases were supposedly done. Basically they want me to pay for a bill that I didn't make and all they will say is pay $100's of dollars to us now or we can't help you, and when you check the payment is only showing $25 currently, but there should not be any bill at all anyways. Do not use this Company, they are do not even conduct there own business, they contract it out to a bank so you can not even do any kind of proper business with the stores directly. O and by the way the couple hundred dollar bill they are charging me for is for 2 pairs of socks, that like I said was payed for with cash card. Right hand has no idea what is going on with the left and non existent business practices. To say they were a bad business would be giving them credit they do not deserve. Do NOT use this company, online or in store all they are in business to do is rip you off and charge you for bills that you did not even make. I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and Washington State Prosecuting Attorney. While I do not expect the Company to do anything, especially after reading the other reviews on the website. I do hope this will stop people from using this Company for any kind of business. "

2018-05-21

Horrible sales and service! 0/5!!

"Every time I try to order from the website there is a problem and I get an error code stating the order can’t be placed. So I always have to call my orders in. When I place a phone order The rep either enters my address incorrectly or gets the order wrong or I get a random email 3-5 days later stating my order is canceled but not why. 3 online/phone orders, 3 cancelled orders due to customer service mistakes. I always have to call back and spend a bunch of time correcting their lazy mistakes. If you value your time do not waste it ordering from Torrid online! Never again!!!! "

2018-05-17

shipping and product

"it is ridiculous it takes up to 14 days days to ship that is not called for at all theses days.. I Also think it is little over price for how long the product last.. The pants fit very well on me but don't last.. I can find other pants at other stores that fit but the problem with me they are too long because I'm short.. "

2018-05-16

Jeans worn through

"I am beyond dissaffiliate with Torrid. I am a curvy girl, not large by any means. A 14 to 16 in jeans. I have had their jeans for less than a year and they have not only lost their shape, but between the legs have completely worn out. Considering torrid raves about being plus size, you think there would be reinforcement for the inside theighs...not wearing through the fabric right away. Considering these jeanse are not cheap whatsoever, I had higher expectations for this company and the way they build their pants for curvier women. "

2018-05-15

Terrible quality clothing, not worth the price

"The clothing looks quite nice and seems to fit nice. After wearing it once, you realize the quality is terrible. It is very thin and you can almost see through it. It does not flatter curves, as it should. it is also really expensive so they offer deals constantly. However, there is always a gimmick to the deals and you wind up paying more than what these clothes are worth. In addition, when I went there the two staff members were very nice and even helped me look for clothing. However, they forgot to give me the items I placed at the register and I had to go through a huge ordeal to buy them and get the discount I signed up for. The manager (Paramus, NJ) was rude and unhelpful. I could tell I really annoyed her and she was so rude to her staff. "

2018-05-13

HORRIBLE Customer Service

"I received someone else's order. I wanted to replace the order, but both of my dresses were out of stock, so I requested a refund and was promised a pre-paid shipping label to return the items I was sent. They belonged to someone else, and I didn't want them. I called Torrid a few days later to inquire about my refund, and they said it was still pending approval for upper management and the rep would request it again. I got my refund a few days later, but had to e-mail and call Torrid twice in order to get the shipping label. At one point, the customer rep sent me to a different department who sent me back to the person I talked to before. During the 4th phone call I finally talked to a manager and they sent me the label. I asked the customer rep if the girl would get her money back when I sent them her items and the rep said "I'm sure she called or something and it has already been taken care of." I was in contact with the girl who's items I received and this worried me, so I told her to call Torrid to make sure she got her money back. They had no intention of reaching out to her for an apology or to make sure she got her items/refund. Horrible situation all around. "

2018-05-12

Never order online!

"I've ordered online twice, both times it says expect order in 10 to 14 days. Ha! They don't even package it for at least 5 days. Then when you email to inquire (because one status says shipped and the other says processing) you fill in your name, phone, order number and email. I get a return reply 7 days later that says they need my name and the email attached to the account. Ummm you just emailed me to ask me what the email on the account is? And used my name to ask me what my name is? AND attached your reply to my original email that clearly has ALL of that info AND the order number on it? There are no words...."

Share Torrid.com's store rating