Stores > Thrift Books

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.09/10 6.09/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.46/10 6.46/10
Voice your opinion! Review Thrift Books by clicking a star below.
2018-02-17

Great!!!

"I recently got into graphic novels/comics, which would normally be an expensive hobby. I purchased about 8 so far from thrift books. The books I selected were all in "good- like new" condition, and every single book I've gotten has been in likewise amazing condition. One of them was an ex-library that had never even been cracked open, or checked out once. I was shocked! Sure, the shopping took about a week but, it was FREE. Maybe am biased with my good experiences so far, but for graphic novels at least, this is a great site to start your collection! "

2018-02-11

It was okay

"After I had ordered 5 books, I went and read reviews and saw that not many of them were good. I then went on to my email to see where the books were but realized I didn't have one, so I went onto the website and tried logging in. It said that there was no account with that email address but I just brushed it off and made a new one. The next day I checked my email again and nothing was there so I went to the website to log in and found that my account had been deleted for a second time. I was confused because I had been charged. I did end up getting my books about a week and a half later and they are a bit more damaged than what I had hoped for but I am just happy to have the books and no pages seem to be missing."

2018-01-27

Just don't use them!

"I order a book and paid for expedited shipping. According to the tracking information provided by them - the book shipped out of Dallas TX - I live in San Antonio TX, a 4 hour drive and they sent the book to Illinois first!!! How is that expedited! I could have driven and picked it up personally faster! Spend the extra few dollars and use a company that knows US Geography and doesn't rip you off for expedited by sending it as gar away as they can first. "

2018-01-18

Will definitely order again.

"I ordered 6 books in my first order and I was pleasantly surprised. The books were in better shape than I expected. They came packaged in plastic instead of a box, so some of the slip cover corners were a little smashed. All the books looked new except two of the books had some writing on the inside cover. One was where a child wrote their name but luckily it was in pencil and was easily erased. The other was a little note written from a grandmother to her grandchild, obviously the book was a gift at some point. The prices and quality are very good. I will be purchasing more books."

2018-01-11

Great price for college books!

"Found 2 college books that I really needed on this site for a really low price! And they shipped the books on time! Quality of the books is really good. Will be buying all textbooks from here in future & will also recommend to others. Would have had to pay more than $500 for the books I needed. Got both for $38!"

2018-01-11

Questionable Reviews Posted

"I planned on ordering some books and small dollar amount, but with all the bad reviews mixed in with 5 star reviews with the words of Shockingly great, Amazing, fast, and Insanely Good it appears questionable about posting from 1 star the a rash of 5 stars appear. I like to order some books but do not need them that bad to be drawn in. Thank you for all that informed of the 1 star you help me Shockingly Amazing Insanely."

2018-01-09

Amazing, fast, cheap

"my first purchase was of 12 books (out of a series) and all of the books where under 7 dollars and all got here within a week. The packaging was pretty and the books looked brand new even though I accepted the option of “acceptable” for almost all of them (so they would be cheaper). I highly recommend purchasing books off of this website than from a store (such as books-a-million) because they are 3 times cheaper and looks brand new "

2018-01-08

Insanely Good

"I paid a little amount for three books and I couldn’t be happier with the items I got. Shipping was extremely fast and the books were in excellent condition. Online I requested ‘Good’ books but am amazed with what I got with for such a little amount. I will definitely be buying from them again. A deal! "

2018-01-07

Great Experience

"Fantastic!!! I ordered two books for school that would have come up to a total of $265 and only paid $34. Came in good condition."

2017-12-28

Comprehension Intervention : Small-Group Lessons for the Primary Comprehension Toolkit

"Book in excellent condition and a fraction of the price."

2017-12-19

180 pages missing.

"Ordered a Christmas gift to receive it later than expected missing 180 pages. Got it resent out but they told me they couldn't even push shipping so I could get it before Christmas. I asked to speak to a manager and was never transferred. Worst resale and customer service experience I've ever had. have not even received an email or phone call from a manager after emailing and asking for a call back from them. Their advertising is 100% false their reviews aren't even correct on there. And the book was obviously not checked over with care. "

2017-12-19

Misleading description of the books and terrible customer service

"I ordered several books. I did not receive them in the condition I ordered. One book was to have been in "Like New" condition and I received an ex-library book. Certainly not "Like New". One other book was to have been in "good" condition with the dust jacket. The book I received had stains on the book and no dust jacket. I would never have ordered it had I know as these were Christmas gifts. I tried to contact customer service but no response. I will never order from them again. "

2017-12-06

Wonderful Customer Service

"I ordered a book from them, and it was sent promptly, but the condition was less that what I was expecting. I emailed their support team and explained the problem and they responded in about a days time saying they were sending a new copy (better than what I ordered, actually) free of charge. I'm a firm believer in supporting businesses with good customer service, and I was very pleased with how they handled my situation."

2017-12-06

Their mistake. No satisfaction.

"First time ordering from Thrift Books. They sent wrong book. No reply to my message."

2017-11-29

Very, very worn.

"Nowhere near what I would have expected. Was rerouted through Amazon. I would never sell a book of such poor quality. The cover was very worn, almost frayed. I had never hear of Thrift books so I guess it should come as no surprise that their "quality-control" is less than desirable. I would expect better from Amazon vetting process though."

Share Thrift Books's store rating

Thrift Books is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Thrift Books is not a merchant member
Thrift Books does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!