msand@thriftbooks.com

Customer service: 4.32/10
Return/Replacement policy: 3.93/10
2018-05-21

Very pleasant

"I got three books, two were bought “good” and one was bought “like-new”. All three came in less than 1 week and were all decent. One of the “good” was in perfect condition while the other had some underlining in pencil. The “like new” one was slightly disappointing because it had more “shelf wear” than I expected but still in very nice condition. Overall the books were in good condition and for sure will be purchasing more books from them soon. Hope this helps!"

2018-05-16

check ollies

"just started Rondevous with death by david hunna, got as copy at Ollies, for 2.99, love the non-fiction book and had to have a copy for family member so i thought i'd get a copy from thrift books and the price is $25 somethng."

2018-05-14

“Like New” yea right! Very disappointed

"Just received my book in the mail today. I ordered an “used-as new” copy. Very disappointed this book is not “as new” by any definition. There are dirty stains, folds, and even a pen mark across the cover. Very disappointed that I paid more for a copy I thought was going to be “as new”. I wont be purchasing from or recommending thriftbooks to anyone."

2018-05-12

Gideon Study/Work Book

"I ordered a Good/Used condition work/study book that we were studying at church. I was so disappointed to see that someone else enjoyed it so much that it was full of all their hand written in ink answers and notes. Still waiting on refund. Website always under construction. I spent the same mount to ship it back but did because of principal. Really dissatisfied and will not reorder. "

2018-05-11

Roach dropping and larva

"Roach droppings on the dust jacket and larva between the pages. I cannot even bring

the book into my house for fear that I might get some kind of disease.

2018-05-01

Condition of books

"So my experience with thriftbooks is hit and miss. 3 of my 5 books have have come in 1 in excellent condition 2 in acceptable condition. The problem is I ordered all of my books in very good or like new condition. And the ones I ordered in very good condition came with damaged spines and work covers so I would not consider that very good condition let alone good condition. If you care about how your books look or how sturdy they are I would not recommend ordering from thriftbooks wo far only one of my books came in good shape and I'm still missing 2 books that never showed at my doorstep and no way to track them because tracking info hasn't updated in 3 days. I wish I had bought my books new."

2018-04-28

Moldy books

"I ordered 3 textbooks and they all came severely damaged. Two were covered in mold!"

2018-04-27

VERY BAD BAD BAD EXPERIENCE

"1 months and 2 weeks already passed. I haven't received my books. Keep giving me empty promise. Promise me before 20th will arrive, then never arrive. Later promise me again will arrive on 26th, end up still didn't arrive. Then say want to refund, also doesn't refund the money. Their company is fraud??? I'm not sure if all the good review is fake or what. So terrible experience.. "

2018-04-25

Its a fraud

"I received a book I never ordered - I had booked ; 'Dirty Picture' and I received a cheap book called "Safe Harbor". It doesnt looks like honest mistake at all..Am asked to ship it back and then ask for balance refund ? This is a fraud practice...Beware"

2018-04-22

Great Service!

"Thriftbooks is amazing, I found just what I wanted and it arrived within a week! When I had an issue with my order I got a response almost instantly! I will definitely be getting more books from this site and I can’t wait to add more to my library! "

2018-04-16

Not As Advertised

"I ordered The Armour of God study workbook. It was advertised as USED-LIKE NEW.
I never received the order. A replacement order was sent but when it came, I was
disappointed because it had writing all in it.

2018-04-16

AMAZING QUALITY

" I was hesitant to order from Thrift Books because of mixed reviews I had seen but thought I would give it a try. My books arrived within two weeks after I placed my order. I ordered a variety of books in acceptable, good, and very good condition not expecting them to be in great condition. I was AMAZED when I opened my packages to find most of my books looking like new or lightly used. I would highly recommend this company to any book lovers or teachers needing to stock up their library!"

2018-03-27

Very slow shipping

"I ordered a book, I have been waiting for more than 8 days. "

2018-03-26

Awesome service

"Ordered books on 03/19/2018 for courses starting 03/26/2018. Books arrived on course start date! All are in above average condition (i.e. better than expected) and the price was reasonable. Books ordered on the same date from Amazon are just now being shipped. Hooray for Thriftbooks!!

2018-03-26

Terrible Company - No Quality Control Whatsoever

"Had a very bad experience with Thrift Books.

I ordered a book for my daughter's birthday listed on the website as "LIKE NEW" HARD COVER. After waiting an inordinately long time for the shipment, a *paperback* copy appeared in my mailbox. I immediately contacted the company to alert them of the mistake, and then waited another extended period of time for the correct item to be shipped (this should have been sent express due to their error).

I finally received the hard cover copy and it was a MESS. There were literally HOLES in the cover material, food stains! and black ink markings on the front. Overall, it was in EXTREMELY worn condition - completely unacceptable. Wouldn't even qualify as "USED - OK."

I asked Thrift Books one last time to send me what I actually ordered, but instead they just refunded the original purchase and left me stranded with no birthday present (a month later).

Clearly Thrift Books has zero quality control (or communication) with their merchandise sources. They advertise what they don't have, and NO ONE bothers to check items against order info before shipping. One of the sloppiest companies I've ever ordered from. Never again.

Share Thrift Books's store rating