Stores > ThredUP

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.83/10 1.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.31/10 2.31/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.74/10 2.74/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.20/10 2.20/10
Voice your opinion! Review ThredUP by clicking a star below.
2017-12-11

Never paid for items that were sold

"I sent a large bag of designer items all in perfect condition. After fees were deducted I received $9 which I used towards a purchase. Several items sold & I have not gotten any funds in my cash out. It also seem that several items that were on the site disappeared.
B2VA5-9WHHK 11/27/17 payout confirmed Where is the money? I think we know the answer.
Feeling ripped off

2017-12-10

They resale for 800%

"Despite reading horrible reviews for Thred Up, I decided to try it for myself. I sent a whole bag of clothes and shoes in under the two week processing deal for $16. Out of everything I sent, they paid me $10 for about 8 items. Of course, I didn’t get that money because of the $6 deficit. After this, they proceeded to send me emails notifying me when an item I sent them sold - for 800-900% MORE than what they paid me. Why on Earth would a company advertise that they ripped you off, and profited tremendously, from you??? Not only will I never send them clothes, I will never purchase anything from them either. Unsubscribe please!!!!!"

2017-12-09

You will forget that ThredUp is a secondhand retailer.

"The “like new” items I have received are in flawless condition and those “used gently” are nearly perfect. Packaging is absolutely beautiful. I have never been so impressed with a company’s selection, prices, extra discounts, website mobility, shipping, return policy, and customer service. ThredUp has raised the bar for all clothing retailers. "

2017-12-05

12 days to be delivered 100 miles away? No thank you.

"TERRIBLE customer service, it consistently takes about two weeks to get from Mechanicsburg, PA to the Philadelphia area (about 110 miles), and the return process takes entirely too long. And they said it shipped almost an entire week before it actually DID ship. A FedEx label being created does not qualify as being shipped if the order doesn't go anywhere! It's very disingenuous thing to do. I'm unimpressed."

2017-12-05

Thredup has gotten greedy.

"I'm a frequent buyer on thredup. Most items I am happy with. However they do not photograph the damages to an item. If you're buying a 'Not returnable' item like a purse then beware if it has any flaws listed. I've received multiple items that had damages but were listed as like new. Recently they began price gouging their items and raising the prices significantly. They have also stopped responding to their customer service email. The only way to contact them is through email or Facebook. Very poor customer service. I no longer recommend this store to anyone. They have become very sketchy."

2017-12-03

Not recommended

"I saw ThredUp advertised on tv. So sent an email requesting a Bag..
I sent them several items ..one pr Jeans from Macy's. Excellent condition. Size 20. Im sure they disappeared. .
They could have notified me. ..next time using a local store or donating..
I want a blouse back they say can't sell..$5.99 for return shipping ?? Forget it

2017-12-03

$2.58

"sent an alexander mcqueen jacket and madewell shirt with the tags still on it... they sent me $2.58..
TERRIBLE service... They still... 5 months later haven't gone through my second bag.. I asked for it
back.. they said I would have to wait...
DON"T GO HERE

2017-12-02

Unethical, Selfish, Greedy, Shady, & Narcissistic

"They only care about themselves, their profit, their "cool points" and a little bit about their buyers. It's funny how they use the line "You may even feel like you're robbing us!" (In reference to their "super low prices".) I think that's a poor attempt at manipulation or some sort of diversion reverse psychology . Because they're the only ones robbing anyone. If they cared at all about their SELLERS and less about expanding and becoming some huge company (it's like their only goal is making it to the forbes list, and everyone gets that feeling from them too) then maybe they WOULD become a great company. But they just like to pretend they are and ignore the way they're treating the people who are literally GIVING their stuff to them to make money. Do you really think they donate your unaccepted items? Pretty sure they pocket something there too. In short they are GREEDY and SELFISH. And 1/2 of their prices are HIGHER than what you would pay brand new. And to top it off they randomly RAISE their prices whenever they want. Especially after a holiday when they had some good promo codes.. few days later prices go up. Gotta make up for all the discounts they gave everyone. They make me sick. I hope someone sues them because their greedy hipster wanna be forbes list business model is disgusting. And NO customer service! How convenient for them??!! You PAY to send your clothes and you PAY to have the unaccepted ones sent back. A lot of the time you will be literally PAYING THEM FOR YOUR BAG OF CLOTHES YOU SENT THEM. YOU PAY THEM TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOU!! How ridiculous! How insulting! They think they are better than the rest of the Population and must think we're all idiots? And they don't care because they know they won't ever hear from you since they don't have a phone number! Oh but if you wanna "stop by and bring them presents or donuts" that's all swell! I was just thinking of how much I'd like to bring them present. And if you would kindly do your duty to them "to help them reach their goal of being worth x amount of $" and share with a friend that would be swell too. I got the most narcissistic letter I've ever read in my life from them in one of my orders. It was painful to read. I could not believe what I was reading. These people are a JOKE. STAY AWAY. I gave 2 stars because I *have* gotten some nice clothing from them at a DECENT price. :-/ Oh!!! And I have received at least 6-7 tops with little tiny MOTH HOLES IN THEM. Return policy ****. And you have short amount of time to ship your order back OR ELSE YOU DONT GET REFUNDED FOR YOUR RETURNED ITEMS!! THEYRE LOOKING FOR ANY AND EVERY CHANCE TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOU AND ITS ALL ABOUT THEM! Again, greedy. Don't care about you or me, just their fame and fortune."

2017-11-29

Was paid $3.10 for a bag of new/with tag clothing

"Sent in an entire bag full of clothing ranging from slightly worn, new without tags and new with tags. Insulting and basically stealing, Never again. "

2017-11-26

Better for buyers than sellers, but fair

"I've had experience both buying and selling to thredup, so I'll break this review into two sections.

Buying: There is no better way to buy clothes secondhand online. They price the items fairly, give you a description of anything wrong with the item, and they ship fast. I love the breadth of quality and brands, how easy the interface is, and now that they are expanding into other types of apparel the experience is even better. I've had items come that I end up not liking, and the returns are very easy. I always opt to get store credit so I don't have to pay shipping, and I just use this to get more cool items later.
Selling: I've sold a number of times over the past few years, and I'll be honest I wish I could get more. But you have to understand, this is a business. It costs them money to process every bag, and they can only accept items that will sell. They will take everything they think they can sell, because no matter what is in the bag when they open it, they've put the same amount of money into creating, shipping, and processing it. If you're expecting to get $100 for your $200 purse, put the time and effort into selling it on ebay. The beauty of thredup is that they will sell it for you. I've resold clothing in a number of ways, and while thredup doesn't have the highest payout, it is for sure the easiest. I keep reading about people accusing thredup of stealing their items, and this just isn't the case. If you want back what doesn't sell pay to get it sent back to you. Simple. If you don't they will donate it or recycle it, depending on the condition.

2017-11-26

Better for buyers than sellers, but fair

2017-11-25

Horrible for sellers

"I gave them hundreds of dollars worth of some brand new and some worn once kids clothes and they paid 2.00 for it. What a joke and its too late to have it shipped back to me. I will never use them again nor will i ever recommend them to anyone. Thieves."

2017-11-25

SENT A LIKE NEW COACH PURSE/NEVER PAID

"A few years ago I sent in a small leather Coach bag because I needed some extra cash.I wear virtually no makeup, and used the bag THREE times.They claimed it was 'rejected' due to stains and wear(there was none).And promised to email me photos, which never happened."

2017-11-24

Lost my designer bag and will not respond to requests for reimbursement/status as to where bag is.

"I sent in a like new Gucci bag in pristine condition taking great care to package it well to ship within the black Luxe bag. A month went by, heard nothing. I contacted them as I was wondering why the transaction was taking so long. Told me they were shipping it back due to a small hole. Immediately concerned I started questioning this as it had no hole when I sent it to them. Next message from customer service stated there was indeed a hole, but the bag was Marc Jacobs. Huge concern, I did not send them a Marc Jacobs bag. I asked for a return shipping label to send it back to them as it was not mine. They then admit my bag is "lost" and there is a slim chance of them finding it but they would reimburse me. To date, several emails have gone unanswered, I have asked for a phone number to speak to a real person, nothing. Have not been compensated for the lost bag, no bag returned, no answers to my emails so I am now in the process of retaining counsel. DO NOT SEND YOUR DESIGNER BAGS TO LUXE, this is completely unacceptable as is the fact they ignore requests to respond and are unwillingly to assist with something that was solely their responsibility.

2017-11-18

Horrible return policy.

"I received 5 incorrect items from 1 order. Two items were advertised as women's size medium and they were actually youth sizes. One item was advertised as a Nike brand when it's not. I also ordered a pair of Adidias track pants and received golf pants (that look nothing like the picture). I also ordered a pair of Adadias pants in grey and instead received a pair of black Ann Taylor pants. I understand mistakes happen but I do not understand why I should have to pay for return shipping in order to get my money back. Why would I be interested in store credit when you messed up 1/3 of my order. "

Share ThredUP's store rating

ThredUP is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThredUP is not a merchant member
ThredUP does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!