Stores > ThinkGeek.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review ThinkGeek.com by clicking a star below.
2017-11-28

Antiquated Policies, will never buy from again

"I recently bought some Pokemon themed presents for my girlfriend from ThinkGeek.com. The last time I had seen them in GameStop they were $30, but were offered at $20 on the ThinkGeek website. I went to put them in my cart and found that, unlike almost every other major retailer, the ship-to-store option was not free. They charged $3.50 to send the SAME PRODUCT that was already on my local GameStop shelves to the store....something I wouldn't have to do if GameStop price matched their OWN F**KING WEBSITES. I ordered these at roughly 215pm.

At 730pm, I went into one of my local GameStops and found the same item for $15. I thought, "Great, I can get these in store, not worry about shipments getting lost this time of year, and save about $10 over the BS website cost." I logged into the website only to find there was no way to cancel my order without contacting customer support. I got into a chat session and asked to cancel my order. I was informed that they would put in the request but that it would likely not be cancelled. Kudos to them on the speedy turn around on my order, I guess, but if it's still in the Processing stage, wouldn't that mean it's not been sent out for delivery? Why can this not be cancelled before it's sent out?

I then asked what the policy on returns were. On top of the fact that I would lose the ridiculous ship-to-store charge, they were going to charge me to return it to them if the item was non-defective. I had to stop for a minute to let that process as I've never had any online ordering experience like this from a major retailer. I then asked what would happen if I simply didn't pick up the item within the seven day window. Between what the support representative told me and what the website states, ThinkGeek (GameStop) would basically return the item to their warehouse but not issue me a refund. Essentially, they would charge me for absolutely nothing.

I feel bad for ThinkGeek because I'm guessing they were a pretty solid company before GameStop bought them out. For now, until their return and/or price matching policies are reviewed and updated to reflect the modern market, I will NEVER purchase from them direct ever again and will likely not buy their brand in stores, either. With companies like Amazon and Walmart dominating the online seller space, this business model is archaic and inexcusable.

tl,dr; They charge for ship to store, charge you to return a product unless it's defective, and will keep your money and their product if not picked up from the store within seven days of arrival. If you like being treated like a complete nuisance as a consumer, ThinkGeek is the website for you.

2017-11-28

Customer service is beyond bad, and ads are misleading and not accurate

"They send coupons saying you get discounts, then they exclude items without saying,and they could care less about you as customer. John W the supervisor actually said he would rather lose me as a customer forever, and the pending $160 order, than put a $5 discount per what is stated on the website. In a time when sites should want to compete against amazon, I think its time that they should look at how to compete. Consumers have no time for sites that think just bc they have cool products we should buy from them. If they ****, give a difft gift and let them go out of business. Look at the reviews of ThinkGeek. Let's make them dinosaurs."

2017-11-20

If I could give them 0 stars, I would

"They sent me the wrong item, told me it was my fault, then told me I had to pay to return the item. Terrible customer service. "

2017-10-25

Bad customer service

"Well I ordered something and wanted to returned. Talked to customer service and she said that she will email me but still waiting for my email. I am now calling and have been waiting for 30 minutes and holding. Guess they realize I am not too happy. Well I will send it to the address with a return receipt. I will have my credit card follow up. I kept pictures and got the RMA#. Lesson learned I will not order anything from them again."

2017-10-22

Horrible

"Customer service ****. Didn't bother responding to my emails and never received my order. Still waiting on my refund."

2017-10-15

Says items have shipped- no items a month later!

"They claim items shipped (ups only shows a label created, not picked up) but never did. These were gifts, ordered with ample time, and nothing a month later?! Chatted with customer service and still nothing! What happened? You guys used to be great, I've been ordering from y'all for years and never been treated like this."

2017-09-28

BUYER BEWARE

"I ordered something for my son's birthday almost 6 weeks ago and I still have not received it!!!!! The money was taken from the bank, and they said I could not cancel my order. It stated the money would be taken out only when the product was shipped. I did not receive the package, so I called the company. I exclaimed the situation, and said I want to cancel my order, they said I could not. They could not find my order and did not know when it shipped. I received an email saying it was shipped sept 15th. It is now sept 28, and nothing. I called 5 times, and the customer service people are clueless. Each promised to call me back after they looked into it. Nothing!!!! This afternoon, I received an email saying they ran out of the product. So I paid for something that they could not provide and will take over $400 dollars from my account , which I will not get for another month or Now my son will be dissapointed on his 10th Ibirthday. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN. Shame on you and your lousy company"

2017-09-02

Terrible customer service

"Ordered an item at ThinkGeek that got stuck in a UPS warehouse due to a damaged invoice. I've had contact with their customer support three times but the issue still isn't resolved. My package has been stuck in the same warehouse for well over a month now. To make matters worse UPS has already stated that I will have to pay an additional €25,- by the time the invoice papers are cleared in order to release the package.

Long story short, terrible customer service, definitely not worth ordering here if you live outside of the U.S.

2017-08-30

thinkgeek!

"thinkgeek is a very very odd store"

2017-04-16

Don't care about their customers

"So basically I ordered a gift for a friend's birthday, I'm in US, my friend is in UK. I paid extra for the package to be delivered express. There was an additional fee (tax as I was told) that my friend had to pay when he got it. Like who has to ever pay for their own gift? He had to deny the package cuz he didn't have enough cash on hand to pay and had to turn the package away. It went to the warehouse. I contacted think geek who told me I had to contact UPS. I contacted them and they said I had to contact think geek. Got the run around and told them that they are responsible for contacting their carrier, UPS. They said they can't get the package and oh I'm lost out on the money I paid, all I get is an apology, no chance to redirect the order to me or to be returned. I don't feel they properly made me the customer away of a fee to be charged and or the opportunity to pay prior so the person getting the package doesn't have to shell out more cash when they get it. Just a way to take advantage of their customer. Never again will I use them.

P.S I ordered a stupid Star wars bb8 waffle maker, the back panel of the hinge broke off the first time I used it so quality rating: 0

2017-04-12

Love these guys

"First of all, they have a really cool selection of stuff. Secondly, everything I bought two years ago is still in use, and is no longer on the website. This makes them very unique"

2017-03-24

Speedy Shipping!

"I ordered a ThinkGeek exclusive pop figure to be shipped to the U.K. (I'm a sticker collector and had to have this one). On the Sunday night I put my order through, and low and behold it was on my doorstep by the Wednesday. I'm not sure if the delivery speed is a recurring thing but I was so happy when I got it!

When my Funko Pop was delivered it was packaged perfectly and resulted in a mint condition pop. I'll definitely be ordering from ThinkGeek again. Great service.

2017-02-22

Never an Issue

"Ordered an awesome sweater for my Mom for Christmas, and unlike a lot of reviews I see here, my order arrived exactly when they said it would be. Just like all my other orders previous to this one.

This is definitely the place to shop for "geeks". Items for every genre and anywhere in the house. All price ranges too. Oh and they have an awesome rewards program, so the more you shop the more points you get for free stuff.

2017-01-17

Never again!

"I'm not sure ThinkGeek even takes itself seriously as a seller.

I got a Star Trek ring for Christmas, one I wanted for a really long time so obviously I was very excited to see it under the tree. What a surprise it was when I opened the box and the ring was missing a stone! So I called their help line right away and when a lady asked me to send her pictures of the ring I did so while still on the phone. I expected her to examine the picture right away but instead, she told me that someone would get back to me within the next 48 hours. I waited for a while and then decided to contact their online chat for help. The monkey examined the pictures and gave me RMA number. I sent the ring back the very next day in hopes of getting a new one soon. Two days later I get another e-mail - from the lady I spoke to the first time around asking for the pictures Except she didn't e-mail me, she e-mailed the original buyer, even though she had my e-mail address and knew I got the ring as a gift. In addition, she also wanted pictures of the box and the packaging. I told her I sent the pictures while still on the phone with her and since she didn't help I contacted someone else who did. I also asked her again if she could contact me, not the original buyer, I reminded her I got the ring as a Christmas present. Even after that, she e-mailed the original buyer again asking for the pictures again so I sent her the same ones I sent to the monkey on the chat line.

Again. JUST NOW, three weeks later, I received a new ring and IT'S BLACK! It's as if someone wore it or dropped it into acid and then sent it back and they sent me that exact ring! What the hell?!?

Do not buy from this vendor!

2017-01-15

Product didn't meet specs & bad customer service

"I ordered a jacket according to the sizing chart but when I received it the items was not sized right. Their customer service is not helpful at all. I would have to pay for more shipping and restocking fee IF they decided to take the item back. They should be owning up to the mistake rather than the customer paying more money to get what they ordered."

Share ThinkGeek.com's store rating

ThinkGeek.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThinkGeek.com is not a merchant member
ThinkGeek.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!