Stores > The Orchid Boutique

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.00/10 7.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review The Orchid Boutique by clicking a star below.
2017-09-01

Love the variety

"It was very hard to decide which suits to buy for my vacation, there are a lot of beautiful options! Apparently they are on a sale now and there are a lot of gorgeous products at very low prices. I called and a lady helped me with the sizing, she was really nice, they sent me the order the next day and I was really happy with the products I bought some Maylana suits and most of them are reversible - just what I was looking for."

San Francisco, California
2017-06-13

Quick Shipping, Helpful staff

"I ordered a bikini by Maylana a new brand that I found at Orchid. I wasnt sure of the sizing so I decided to open a chat. The lady at the chat was able to walk me through the process and her sizing advice was right on. I received the bikini a few days after the purchase with their free shipping.
I am very happy with my purchase. I have gotten a lo of compliments on my bikini. Did I say the bikini I purchased was reversible - almost like 2 for the price of 1.

2017-06-04

Great customer service

"I placed an order but did not receive the confirmation email, so I called and the lady was wonderfull. She helped me with the info and get my order out the same day, she even called to follow up after the order was shipped!! Very happy with my new bathing suit."

2017-05-26

Best on-line store

"I love this store; they carry the most amazing swimwear brands with the highest quality you can find on-line.
I’ve been a patron of this boutique for years and one of the things that I really like, besides their products, is the website; they have an ample variety of items and they offer you the flexibility to mix and match any items or buy them (tops and bottoms) individually, which is very convenient. Also, when you select an item, the website will let you know if the item is available or, if not, how long it will take to be back in stock, this is very important if you have a time frame to receive your items so you can plan accordingly and you will never end up paying expedite shipping to no avail. I have never had an issue with the sizes, as the website has a size chart link to every item. The size charts are not generic like most; instead, they vary according to the brand. Another amazing thing about this website is that it doubles as a blog; you will find great articles, from what’s en vogue to what would be your best fit.
The customer service team has always been very helpful, although I must admit that in all these years I have not had the need to contact them many times and I usually do it via e-mail, they always reply in a timely manner. They also handle the returns very fast; as long as you comply with the return policy the process is very smooth.
I must say, I find all their items to be high-end items; from the fabric to the construction of the swimsuits and the beautiful details, these swimsuits are worth every dollar I have paid over the years. My swimsuits are always admired not only for their beauty and quality but also because of their unique look.

2017-05-22

Horrible service

"This place cheats you on top of never sending you your order. I have had the worst trouble. Seems like a bunch of dudes work in this warehouse and are clueless. I paid 50 dollars for FedEx shipping. I received my swimsuit 6 weeks later without a shipping refund. They ****. Not sure what happened. I have order from them for years. Something has changed "

2017-05-17

Excellent experience

"Had the greatest experience ever! The suit I wanted was not in stock and I needed it for my vacation, so I
called and they send it directly to my hotel in Colombia!!
The best customer support

2017-04-11

Worst transaction ever.

"It literally took 30 minutes to place a simple order! The guy asked me to repeat my email and CC info at least 3 times. Finally when we finished, 30 minutes later, he had lost my email address. I never write reviews but this was the most ridiculous customer service ever. I will be shocked if the transaction goes through.

2015-10-03

"I went in to Orchid Boutique expecting to find friendly customer service and great quality products. Instead I was not greeted by any of the workers and left to fend for myself. Once I found something I liked (took forever) I purchased it and went home. Once I got home I realized how terrible the quality of the bikini was, there were loose threads everywhere. I tried to return it but was told since I didnt inspect it close enough in store they would not accept the return since it was now "used" even though my wife never even put it on."

2015-10-01

"As we walked in, I said to Bill, "This is supposed to be THE it boutique for fashionistas."
As we walked out five minutes later, Bill said, "This reminds me of that store Chicos."
The materials feel cheap and the styles are questionsable. It reminded me a little bit of Francesca's, but less boho-chic.

2012-10-19

"Very bad experience!! They sent me a DIRTY bottom!! I will NEVER buy from them again, obviously they sell used bikinis... ewwwwww!"

2012-07-18

"I bought 2 pieces, and one of them came wrong, so I wrote emails but didn't get an answer. I had to phone them, but they were very nice and cooperative. I have bought many suits from them, and overall I'm very happy with the results. I'll definitely buy from them againg, though I recommend you to be careful if you're making a purchase through internet."

2012-06-07

"I would NEVER order from this company. I really wish I had read all of the other reviews about how bad the return policy/customer service is before I placed my order.

After placing the order, I decided to cancel it. So within 10 minutes I called to cancel the order. The woman on the phone couldn't help me, I could only email customer service with my issue (which I have never heard of, what kind of "customer service" can get only via email....Very poor).

So I emailed and I was then told that with "automated shipping" I could not cancel my order. But yet almost 48 hours later I still have not received an email stating my order shipped. It seems very shady and I do not think in anyway shape or form this company values customer service. They then told me I could refuse the package for 5% restocking fee. Which I would totally understand, if I had waited 24 hours to cancel the order, but not within 10 minutes. Oh I forgot to mention that the top I ordered said it wouldn't ship for 3-5 days, but for some reason they still can't cancel the top.

I would also like to say that Zappos has many of the same brands Orchid has. They give 100% the best customers service. I ended up ordering a suit from Zappos after I received the email from Orchids customer service. This was yesterday, my suit from Zappos will be here at 3pm today!!! I just ordered it yesterday -- oh yes, the was FREE SHIPPING NEXT DAY AIR!!! And it was cheaper!!!!

If this company would realize that customers will always return items. If you have a return policy that is easy to work with and are more understanding customer service team, the customer would most likely make another purchase. Especially since ordering swimsuits via the internet is so hard they would get more returning customers. Returning customers are how retail stores make money, a 1 time customer doesn't come back. A returning customer comes back and usually brings a friend! But instead they won't help you, they would rather get a measly 6 dollar restocking from you and loose you as a customer.
Watch out Orchid Boutique, the only way customers have a chance to fight back is reviews, which 1 bad review is far worse than a few good ones.

2011-01-31

"The site is easy to browse and offers beautiful suits. My item was in-stock and was supposed to be shipped in 1-2 days but I received no shipping updates. I e-mailed customer service three times about shipping. Their responses were prompt but a little odd. One of the tracking numbers differed from the one sent to me by Fedex. In total I received three tracking numbers - obviously, only one ended up to actually work, but the package that did arrive on 1/26 (order placed 1/14) was via 2-day and happily, the suit was gorgeous and had an unexpected surprise-it was reversible. I'm hoping this was a fluke. Nevertheless, it does seem that in the end, they make it right. I will be buying from them in the future."

2010-11-04

"ordered it on a monday and got it on a tuesday! their processing center is apparently based in miami and i'm in south carolina. their products are amazing, i love my bikinis and am very happy with the purchase."

Share The Orchid Boutique's store rating

The Orchid Boutique is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Orchid Boutique is not a merchant member
The Orchid Boutique does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!