2018-07-19

Bad Customer Service

"I placed an order. Their system created it's own shipping address by mixing my billing address and only part of the shipping address I typed. I called them to correct it. They changed it in their system but not specifically for this order. It shipped to the wrong name. I called, left a message and never heard back. I also never received any email confirming it had shipped. Their site is very old school and difficult to use, login or even place an order."

2017-08-19

Sent order to wrong address, charged me for extra shipping, promised to pay UPS, never did

" Shipped order to wrong address. "I can see that your shipping address is different from you billing address but how are we supposed to know which is which?" They told me what they had as a shipping address and it was correct but they did not ship it there.They had all the correct information as it was in the order confirmation. They blamed me. Finally, when they realized it was their mistake they agreed to have it picked up by UPS and shipped to the correct address at no expense. But, I got a bill for $21 from UPS anyway. I called them and they said they would pay UPS. I got another bill saying my account is suspended.

2017-05-06

Finally

"Ordered a cable for my RV. They sent the wrong one. They don't sound too concerned about correcting the problem. Don't follow thru
with customer service. Did NOT call me when I left message and when I talked to a rep, they did NOT return call as promised.

To continue. Finally, after three phone calls, the hardware city, fulfilled their obligation to provide me with the proper item I had ordered. So, I have changed my review to some what satisfied from horrible.

I doubt I will be ordering anything from this company in the future.

2017-03-24

Great communications and shipping. Outstanding price

"I was a little nervous about ordering from thehardwarecity.com given some of the reviews (real?), however I am happy to report that my order was shipped on time and delivered on time with every item being exactly what I ordered. I will also add that their prices are outstanding compared to most internet sites. "

2016-08-18

Terrible Customer Service

"I ordered a pump after I was directed by them to contact the manufacturer myself and figure out what I want. I then ordered two pumps and the pumps were the wrong pump after getting the lovely Kriste Lee I was told that they would take the pumps back for a restocking fee and paying my own shipping back then again contact the manufacturer myself again. What a terrible experience never never never order from this website!!!"

2016-01-11

"I know this is hard to believe because I was a little worried about buying there since they have some bad reviews but the price was so good I couldn't pass it up and... a perfect transaction. I bought a Parallax 8355 RV convertor... with shipping they were almost $100 less than the other good sellers. Bought it with Paypal just for a little extra protection (I guess) but it arrived right on time and was exactly what it was supposed to be so, chalk one up for TheHardwareCity

I will buy again!

2015-11-10

"BEWARE ... my credit card number was stolen after ordering from this site. A card that I've only ever used locally and only at one store started having fraudulent charges made shortly after I ordered from TheHardwareCity.com. You be the judge but this sequence of events is true for me.

They shipped the items I ordered fast but the timing of the credit card fraud after my purchase is highly concerning. I may be passing judgement prematurely but other buyers need to be aware.

2014-12-10

"Great Price. HOWEVER, item was ordered on Friday, was told it would ship Monday. Called Tuesday, was told it would ship later that day. Called again Wednesday after not receiving a tracking number via email, was told item was not in stock. Very poor customer service! If you need an item quickly, this is not your store!! Needs an improvement and update of website!!!"

TheHardwareCity.com User
2014-08-29

"I've ordered cabinet door hinges twice from this company. The time to delivery was incredible. In one case, 3 days from date of order to sitting in my mailbox, the next time only 2 days! Met and greatly exceeded my expectations. The products were very competitively priced, and of the highest quality. "

2014-06-04

"I have only dealt with thehardwarecity.com once and it has not been a pleasant experience. You can forget ever getting them on the phone or getting someone to call you back. If you are lucky you might get a vague email response. The only way I've found to make contact with them is to use their LiveChat option (when it's available). Even then you get "Kris Lee" every time who can never help you. Most of the time you are told they must check with the warehouse. They ask you to give them 15 minutes and they will email you what they found out... that's just to get rid of you. In my FINAL contact with them I was instructed basically to call the manufacturer and deal with it myself. They, THE SELLER, couldn't fix it. So that is what I am now in the process of doing. ..this is WAY too much work just for a composter & rain barrel... Oh...to be fair. After putting me off and giving me the run around for over a week they did finally offer me my money back, but now I'm just determined to get the damn thing!

NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER ANYTHING FROM TheHardwareCity.com

THEY WILL SELL YOU THINGS AND TAKE YOUR MONEY KNOWING THAT THEY DON'T HAVE THEM IN STOCK.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!

2013-11-26

"We purchased a wood stove ($1000+) from thehardwarecity.com. Customer Service was HORRIBLE. The item took 2 weeks to ship and was damaged upon arrival. This company promised to provide updates and return phone calls, but never did. They purposely avoided phone calls from my phone number, but answered when I would call from a different phone. This company did not respond to NUMEROUS emails or voicemail messgaes. After a month had passed, we were told the item we purchased was "no longer available" yet it is still on their website for sale. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!"

2013-11-21

"Great company that I will order from again without hesitation. I've called them and the customer service was top-notch. I ordered from them and got my purchase in only 2 days, so they shipped very quickly.

2013-08-02

"Super good price and prompt service"

2012-07-28

"From my experience with an item damaged in transit the customer service department called me within 15 minutes after emailing informing them of the damage. They asked for more information, I sent them pictures, and the entire issue was resolved to my satisfaction within 12 hours. Overall, the order fulfillment was fast, the customer service was fast, and the price was good. I will not hesitate to buy anything from TheHardwareCity's website or on Ebay in the future. "

2012-05-27

"I ordered all of my lighting supplies from thehardwarecity.com for my last rehab and I am very pleased with my products. My order arrived early and nothing was damaged. I am very impressed with the quality of the products I ordered. Thehardwarecity.com is truly a 1-stop shop for hardware supplies because instead of going to the local hardware store to pick-up construction supplies, I can order all of my supplies online and have them delivered to the rehab. That alone equals no time lost and no time lost equals more money and profit for my business! I have recommended thehardwarecity.com to all of my friends and fellow rehabbers!"

Share TheHardwareCity.com's store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!