Stores > Telestial (ekit-inc.com)
  • Telestial (ekit

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
Voice your opinion! Review Telestial (ekit-inc.com) by clicking a star below.
2017-10-20

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY.

"DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. I bought this phone and extra time to use while on a 2 week vacation in Italy, including a cruise. It came with the SIM card already in it. I called to verify if this was correct and if I could use the phone on a MSC Cruise and was told "yes" it was ready to use once it was charged and I was in Italy. It never worked. I kept getting messages to insert SIM card. When I tried to take out the SIM card, it fell apart and would not properly go back together. Once home, I called TELESTIAL and was told I needed to process return/refund within 15 days and since I was over the 15 days there was nothing they could do. They said their SIM cards come in pieces and it should have snapped back together and I should have called or emailed them while I was on vacation. I explained that to purchase an internet plan or make a phone call would have cost me more money and since I was already out over $70.00 USD I should not have had to do this. I should have just paid for international coverage with my cell phone company or purchased an European calling card. WHAT A WASTE !"

2017-10-16

Do your homework, they've improved immensely

"I used Telestial about 4 years ago for a Europe trip and despite a bit of a surprise at incoming costs (low as they were) I thought it was good. Now, there's a lot of different options around, local sims upon arrival are still competitive but riddled with setup issues and limitations on support unless you're in an English speaking country. You need to look into the details on all of these, but Telestial has become even cheaper, support was fine, great reception most areas. Make sure you're more than 1 day prepared and know the details of what you're getting, because compared to the other options I've tried recently, Telestial has no hidden crap whatsoever and is far less of a headache."

2017-07-04

Spotty cell service no data

"Lost. No data. No communication"

2017-05-29

Do Not Buy

"DO NOT BUY!!!!. I purchased this phone through their website and it is a piece of junk. I was going on a cruise to Bermuda and thought this would be a great way to stay in touch for the three days we were there. I wish I would of read all the bad reviews before I left, I would of never purchased it. Before I left I called their customer service because it says this phone will not work in the USA and a few other countries. The rep told me that it would work in Bermuda and their should not be any problems. I was still a little nervous it would not work, because of all the bad reviews.When I turned the phone on in Bermuda, it said welcome to Jamaica and then gave me a message . I needed to activate the sim card.
I tried numerous times to make a call and finally it worked, but only one time, i got to call my 84 yr old Mom. It never worked again. I emailed the company and they keep telling me I was dialing wrong. I got so frustrated and the last email I sent to them, I said I'm tried of wasting my vacation on this phone and also using internet minutes I purchased on the cruise ship to hear them tell me I was dialing wrong. I WAS NOT, THE PHONE DID NOT WORK. I'm mad about spending $70 on this phone, ( I purchase extra minutes) they also told me I can't get my money back because I did make one call. This is why I'm going to write as many bad reviews about this phone & company, so no one else loses money.

2017-05-22

GPS

"GPS is not working on this phone"

2016-09-23

SCAM- THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY

"WARNING- If you do not use your SIM card for a few months, and have a balance on your account, they will cancel the card and KEEP THE MONEY. There is no way to re-activate the SIM, and they won't allow you to use the credit to buy a new SIM. They basically steal your money. It doesn't matter if you have hundreds of dollars in credit, they basically steal it.

AVOID THESE SCAMMERS LIKE THE PLAGUE

2016-06-13

Do not waste your money and time on this worthless phone!

"The phone and sim card I bought for use in Florence, Italy was completely worthless. I succeeded only in completing 2 calls in a three-week period. When I called customer service, the representatives did their best to help, but nothing they instructed me to do got me phone service. And I was shocked to find that I was charged for customer service--in fact, almost all of my minutes were used up in trying to the get the phone to work. Upon my return to the states, I spoke to a representative. I was told I could get a refund for the phone, but that I had to pay $12 in shipping and handling fees. The phone package, with the original shipping and handling fees, cost $29. By the time I would pay to ship it back, my total refund would be $5.00--plus the phone does not come with a plug for charging. I had to purchase one for $20. So, not only did I waste time and effort during my vacation in Florence, I was being charged--overcharged--for the whole experience. After presenting my case to a manager at customer service, he told me he would appeal to another dept. to see if I could get the shipping fees refunded. That was two weeks ago. I haven't heard a word. Do yourself a favor and do not buy this phone. The better business bureau should shut this company down."

2016-05-24

Customer Service? Ha! What a joke!

"SIM did not work in country as advertised. Customer support was nearly non-existant. Fought with them for 2 months before receiving a PARTIAL refund. Avoid them the plague. Spend a little more money and use a different company if you feel you need the added security before going on your trip. My advise - just wait until you are in country, and then just buy a card there. Trust me, it is simpler, cheaper, AND you know you are getting one that works locally. Good luck!"

2015-12-23

"Purchased the JT Smart 2 phone and International SIM card package in April 2014 in preparation for a trip to Europe in June 2014. Phone service worked OK but I had a some problems with data while over there. Chalked it up to local network/reception problems. Put the phone away until our next trip.
Earlier this year I loaded up data on the SIM card before a Caribbean cruise ($140). Luckily I checked before my trip. Could not get data to work. Despite spending a lot of time on the phone with Customer Service, who were sincerely trying to help, the end result was no solution. The conclusion seems to be that the phone can't process data for some reason. On top of that, the phone no longer seems to connect properly for calls - there is an initial connection which is dropped almost immediately. It can't even send simple SMS (non-data) text messages. Basically despite very few hours of use, the phone is just a useless brick now. They did refund the money I had spent on the data package, so I will give them credit that. But I suggest you don't waste your money on their cheap phones. Buy a brand name unlocked phone elsewhere and only buy the SIM card from Telestial.

2015-05-14

"Received a phone that wasn't working. I returned it as instructed. The replacement phone they sent didn't have a battery in it, and then said I'd have to pay $45 shipping charges to get a battery delivered in time for my trip. A real rip-off in my opinion."

2015-01-28

"Annoyed with this stupid sim. Hardly worked at all when I was on my holiday in Sri Lanka. I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT
EVEN RECOMMEND USING THIS SIM EVEN IF THE SIM WAS GIVEN IT TO YOU FOR FREE. if I could even rate this properly it would be in the negative star ratings because my calls and messages most of them have never gone to my recipients. They also charge such ridiculous prices for calls that do not even connect properly. I only managed to have made two proper calls of the 40$ i used for minimal calls in Sri Lanka. The 10$ I have left I am not even going to bother using. I have complained to customer department but they wouldn't allow for a refund but a measly 5$ complimentary credit. THIS IS STILL NO USE TO ME AS I AM NOT GOING TO USE IT. Such bull shit of a mobile company I have seen all my life. Better off buying a local sim on your holiday. Rip off!

2014-11-21

"DO NOT BUY THIS CARD!!
I bought this card in the US to take to Australia and followed all the activation instructions before I left the US. When I got to Australia the telephone portion would not work. I used some data to try and contact them to help me activate the phone. This did not work, the card must have been defective. When asked for a refund they would only refund the phone portion. They said I used data (even though it was only to contact them), and would not refund my $25 of prepaid data. No negotiation, they don't care. Don't get stuck in a foreign country with one of their cards.

2014-10-26

"I would not recommend the Telestial product for consideration. In short this product is worthless. Fortunately I lost only $19.00 by buying the cheapest card with the intention of adding on if it worked for me. I needed an international SIM card that would be useable throughout Europe. I ordered the Telestial Passport international SIM and received it two days later. A week later, a day before departure, I installed the SIM and tested it before leaving the United States. It registered with “Energy”, whoever they are, and I was able to make a call. Satisfies that the SIM worked, I removed it and reinstalled my regular SIM. Upon arrival in Frankfurt, I installed the Telestial Sim but alas, it failed to register with a local carrier. “Energy” showed up but it would not register with a local carrier. I switched to manual mode to register. Manually, it found carriers in Hungary, Germany, and Austria but would not register with any. As I was traveling and internet access was spotty at best and I had no phone, customer service was a useless option. I pocketed my phone as it apparently had a worthless SIM card. Immediately after returning to the US after 15 days, I tried to use it in the US but it would not work. Had Telestial turned it off for lack of use? "

2014-09-10

"We bought a SIM card from them 3 years ago and were OK with it. This time they did everything backwards, utterly frustrating with their inability to ever do the right thing.... First they sent me the wrong SIM card that would not fit my iPhone, even though I chose the appropriate card online, then the technical information they gave me was wrong, then they kept sending me contradicting emails -- it was a nightmare dealing with them."

2014-09-08

"Very impressed by this service. I used it a year ago when I when I my honeymoon in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. It was just as a backup in cars anything went wrong back home.
It worked very well and the Travel Journal portion of the product is awesome! Also delivery was fast and when I had a question, I contacted their customer service which was very helpful.
Also my new wife and I decided to go back there for our second honeymoon. I was able to locate my SIM card, reactivate it with a US number and add additional time to it with no problems. Their Android App and their website are great and easy to use. I highly recommend using this service.

Share Telestial (ekit-inc.com)'s store rating

Telestial (ekit-inc.com) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Telestial (ekit-inc.com) is not a merchant member
Telestial (ekit-inc.com) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!