Stores > Target

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.17/10 2.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.81/10 1.81/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.03/10 2.03/10
Voice your opinion! Review Target by clicking a star below.
2017-11-19

Terrible company

"Recieved a baby bassinett as a gift that had been ordered online. A retaining pin was broken ,no big deal, things like that happen. Took it to the closest target (45 min drive) to be replaced and they informed us that the bassinett was not available in store, an online product only. What a terrible business model. Anyway, they could not scan the order barcode and so we would have had to return with another barcode from the person who had ordered it. Decided to take instore credit. Unbeknownst to us, you only get 75% of the original cost back. In addition to this, there was only one bassinett available in store. Sure did make my decision making fast and my temper even higher. Left the store as quickly as possible, surely never to return."

2017-11-19

Terrible shipping service :(

"Target. Your shipping ****. You have taking 1 1/2 weeks to send my gum with extending your delivery dates day by day. Thanks A lot bro."

2017-11-18

Target is still billing me for merchandise I refused and did not order

"Just spent ANOTHER hour and a half trying to get Target to stop billing my Target credit card for merchandise that they sent to the wrong address and it was returned/ refused. Their online shopping site changed to gift address to MY address and I did not notice it before I hit "submit" . I phoned immediately and customer service said to Refuse items when they arrived at my home so I did. That was 2 months ago. Now they sent notice of failure to pay my credit card to Equifax. And there is nothing I can do except call, call, call - and be told to wait, but they do not know how long . I have lots of proof. I will NEVER shop Target on or offline again. They are abusing me. "

2017-11-16

Awesome

"I love this place! It has everything I need and more. I wish they could have more thing on sale, but the workers are usually great. I'm not sure how they are online, but I feel like its easier to just go into a store."

2017-11-08

Military discount

"After providing State issued veterans I'D, dd 214 service paperwork and honorable discharge paperwork after 6 years of service. I was told I didn't qualify. Save your time and shop somewhere that appreciate veterans"

2017-11-01

I like

"Their service is not bad at all. I received my things on time and their products are solid. Target is a nice place to shop at."

2017-10-18

Awful business practices

"I preordered an item from target, they charged my card constantly to ensure that I had the money, m6 bank flagged the charges as fraud and stopped payment, target immediately cancelled my order, when I called customer service less then 5 minuets after it happened they told me I was out of luck and that my preorder had been given to someone else, which seems odd since they told a friend of mine there wasn’t a wait list for this preorder which means mostly it went to an employee, I spoke to 3 different people and the second supervisor I spoke to admitted to me that people’s orders get canceled for this reason all the time, but the6 have no intention of changing this practice. I’ve preordered over 300 games and 4 game systems and target is the only store that’s ever done this, I will not even shop at target again."

2017-10-16

Beware for delivery exceptions

"Target.com does not send you any emails when there is a delivery exceptions, they assume you will monitor all your orders and that you will contact them. Wow!! now I have to keep track of all my online orders. Why not just re-deliver items when the shipping carrier reports a non-delivery because of shipping damage."

2017-10-09

Horrible Customer Service (take your business elsewhere)

"Long story short: customer service was not helpful, did not sound like they knew what they were doing, felt like they were bs-ing me the whole time.

Long story:

I called the first time and Mike(?) said my card is activated with this amount and can be used, so I restated my problem is the balance that it's not working at the stores, so he transferred me to gift card specialist, but no one ever answered, so I hung up and called again. This time, I chose another option from the automated machine.

Told the new guy (Paul?) my issue again and he told me the same thing, card is activated with a balance of whatever. Obviously, he wasn't listening to my problem so I repeated the issue. This guy kept putting me on hold (more than the other one too), He kept babbling about finding a solution and sorry about the inconvenience and every time he said something like that, he would put me on hold. Later he told me the reason why it wasn't working was because there's no balance, and I told him that's not possible because I never used it AND 2 of the workers said there's still a balance! Put me on hold again and came back to tell me it was used on the 7th. I told him I can send him the receipt as proof that I used my own cc for that purchase. On hold again, getting really annoyed now, so the next time i got a hold of him, i just gave him a solution - if he could just cancel the card that i have right now and just send me another one that works. I'm not asking for anything more for the inconvenience, just what is on the card.

He said okay and put me on hold. Came back on and he asked which email he should send it to, so I started giving him my email, but i guess he wasn't following fast enough and asked for an order # instead. I didn't buy the card and the company that send me the card didn't have the order # too, so I told him I don't have it. Then he said he can't give it to me without the order #....I was like wtf! you just asked me for me email address to send me the card! But now that I said I don't have the order#, they can't send it to me?? This is complete bullcrap.

Now I'm talking to the supervisor (May) and she insisted on the order # too. She told me she can give me a case # and that I can call this # again when I'm purchasing at Target so that they can walk the employees through a process for me to use my gift card without actually scanning it. This is getting insane...they are basically telling me, I have to be the **** for their incompetence by holding up the line at Target so that I can call and get a hold of them! What if the call center is busy?? How long am I suppose to hold up the line for the rest of the customers?? She even patronized me by telling me I'm not stupid and that I know how to use a gift card online.

Oh, by the way, this was for a measly $5 and I was on the phone for over half an hr, not including the first call! Could've just given me another gift card that worked and I'll be on my way. I even forwarded the email with my gift card to prove I wasn't lying and the supervisor claimed she didn't receive it and that it would take 10 min...I really didn't understand why an order # would matter if they know I have a legit gift card with a balance...needless to say, I am very disappointed with Target, take your business elsewhere with better customer service

2017-10-04

I'm Shocked

"I ordered a stroller and got an email everything was fine, date was set for delivery, money was pulled from my account as pending. A couple hours later I got an email saying it was canceled. I called and talked to someone who barely spoke English (I'm not exaggerating he said canceled like can-ce'lid it was hard to understand) and got transferred twice. After being on the phone for almost an hour i still had no answer as to why it was cancelled. I couldn't afford to order another stroller until the money was back in my account. So i called back Monday and asked if they could ship it at a faster rate at their expense so it would still be there on time. She said of course we will cover the cost. They yet again lied. They charged me the shipping cost. I called again the next day to talk to someone again about the mistake. She told me the money for the shipping would be refunded.... still waiting on that. Oh after ordering the stroller i got a call from my bank saying there was suspicious activity on my card.

In this day and age this should not be happening especially with a company like this. I always order stuff online and have never dealt with this before. I really thought Target had a bit of a higher standard then this.

2017-09-23

Credit card fraud

"My credit card was charged for an item I purchased that I never received.. When calling Target they did nothing but keep me on the phone for 2 hours,telling me there was nothing they could do, that my information was mixed up with somebody else's information. Which means my credit card info was added to somebody else account on Target website. I had to go through a lot of trouble to cancel my credit cards and cancel my account and Target did nothing they didn't even care or offer to send the item that I paid for Target did nothing to help me. It is not safe to shop at Target website with your credit card..."

2017-09-03

Target - no responsibility

"Wasted my time choosing products, delivered very valuable information about myself, my consumption habits (companies pay a lot of money for this info), my credit card, waited for 2 weeks to understand what is going on with my online order - and they just cancelled it!!
Target should learn how to take responsibility on their discounts, offers and campaigns! It is not my problem they don't know how to evaluate their campaigns' consequences!!

2017-08-31

Target doesn't stand behind its promotions

"I ordered several packages with several small items from Target. Without any transparency they decided to cancel one of my orders without any acceptable explanation. The worse place ever to by online from! And the customer service was terrible as well!!!
Do Not Buy anything online from Target!!!!

2017-08-31

I will not buy more from Target

"I waited almost two weeks for the shipment and it did not arrive. Today I received a cancellation notice even though they promised to take care of the matter. I will not buy more from Target."

Unexpected order cancellation

"After two week that I've order from Target based on FREESHIP promotion - I've got an cancellation without any notification or email from them (Target & Borderfree).

Free a while and after I demand some answer I've got a reply telling me the demand of the promotion was too high for them and the cancelling orders...

What a shame. What a fiasco.

I've checked with all of my friends and also they got the same cancellation.

Share Target's store rating

Target is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Target is a merchant member
Target participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,466 merchant members.