Product & services pricing 10.00/10
Shipping & packaging: 10.00/10
Customer service: 10.00/10
Return/Replacement policy: 10.00/10
2016-01-02

"Wow!!! What a great experience! Whatever has happened bad in the past sure isn't an indication of how things are now. If you call and just talk to Jason when you place your order, you can ask what is in stock and what isn't. It takes seconds. Not only that, he runs a very tight ship. Once the order is created you get your tracking number. The problems I've had have been with fedex saying they'll deliver by X and they change the date and it skips out on you by a couple more days with no explanation. That's not SOM's issue.
Another note is that the shipping actually says it can take 1-7 days because not all the inventory is in his warehouse. If you look at the site and you can see there is something like 20000 items on it, do you really believe it's all in one warehouse? Sometimes (as he explained to me) is that a low volume selling sword has to come to him from a warehouse in New Jersey or California. But this guy does his homework!
His website is the best I have seen. Pictures and even videos of the swords being used, so you know what exactly your getting. Excellent product descriptions that include steel type, folded or not, heat treated or not, length, balance points, and all the components making up the sword. Even descriptions of who the maker is and where they are from. I've ordered 6 swords from him so far and have been very pleased. One just happened to be a bad sword, and he reacted immediately once I sent him an email with the pictures of it. And he gave me several choices on how to handle the situation that would work best for me.
It's funny reading some of the ignorant posts in here where everyone wants something now, now, now... And if it's a day late they fly off the handle and focus on what they perceive as bad instead of looking at all of the good. And the biggest good I can show you is his prices. I dare those that have a lot of bad to say to look at his prices vs. competitor sites for the same sword. The latest sword I bought from him was still advertised as $400 more on Amazon.
So count your blessings... I'm sure he could hire a lot more staff so you get your purchase just one day sooner... But you're going to pay for it. I'd rather have the quality and the low price and maybe wait a day for delivery!!!
Anyways, if you want great service, awesome quality at unbelievable prices... Call Jason. He's got my business for life.

2015-11-04

"I've been waiting 7 days for my order to ship. They just told me it will be another 3 days before it's shipped out. That is rediculous!"

2015-09-02

"Wish I had read this first it's 150 dollar lesson I will not forget. My first order never even got shipped and thay will not reply to emails or phone calls. It is a scam! I am trying to get my money back but do not have high hopes. "

2015-05-11

"On August 27, 2012 I ordered a Paul Chen naginata from the Swords of Might website. To date, it is May 11, 2015, and I still don't have the product or a refund. You read that correctly, three years of frustration and waiting. I have contacted this company a dozen times in the interim, and each time I start from scratch. I have now sent a copy of my order confirmation two times and a copy of my receipt three times. If I could give them zero stars I would."

2015-03-01

"I have ordered from Swords Of Might on 5 separate occasions thus far. Included in that has been 5 upper end katanas and misc other smaller stuff. I couldn't be more pleased with my interactions. The service has been awesome, the products exactly as expected and the prices more than great. I definitely plan to make many more purchases from them."

2014-11-10

"I have never received my order and he never replied to my countless e-mails. I asked for a refund twice on the phone but never got an answer. This is the first time I feel I'm getting scammed over the internet"

2014-05-11

"My overall experience with this site has been a rather good one. The products I've purchased were always of good quality of course I had to know what I was looking for. On the whole I've bought a nagamaki, more than 5 katana swords, 2 ninja blades and a shoulder harness. Not only that But thanks to the monthly giveaway they host to customers and site members I've gained a quality katana well worth $100. The speed and shipping cost were all relatively fast and reasonable, If I ordered over a certain dollar limit the shipping was free."

Helpful (1) Cool

2014-05-08

" I've ordered from SoM many times now and have never been let down by their customer service nor their products. Orders arrive on time and well packed.

Product Quality Assurance is solid. Out of the almost 10 orders I've made, only 1 item has had to be returned and the reason was a defect from Legacy Arms, not something SoM had any influence on. Jason promptly refunded my order and sent me a return label to ship it back at no cost to me.

SoM's discount plan is a nice added touch that rewards return customers in a way that actually motivates you to return. The % of the discount is nice and once you get high enough in the program, you actually become eligible for free swords! Can't beat that with a sack of cats.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with Jason's company and encourage my friends to do their sword shopping from there.

Helpful (1) Cool

2013-05-13

"Orderd three bokken. One was missing the tsuba from the accessory bag. E-mailed them through thier website about it. After a little over a week, no response, so I e-mailed again. Another week goes by and I finally get a response. They asked me to "be sure to check for the little baggie for the tsuba". I had already described how the baggie had ony the retaining ring with no tsuba and that I had thoroughly checked the box and packaging. Two weeks to get a response telling me to do what I had already described to them in detail that I had done. Pretty sad customer service. I'll never buy from thrm again!"

2013-03-22

"I ordered a dagger as a gift for my girlfriend on feb 11th and waited 4 weeks befor contacting them about my order i contacted UPS and the informed me the item was seized at customs due to a improper labeling of the package, i proceded to contact swords of might to have them deal with the matter as it was being held in their name and would not deal with me regarding the matter, swords of might just keeps telling me its not their problem and that there is nothing they can do about the issue. they refuse to reimburse me or compensate me in any way. needless to say im not pleased with them or there service"

2013-03-13

"I was sent the wrong order. Have tried to contact the company by calling, email, messages on facebook but get no return replies. They have no customer service what so ever. Their phone number works but no one even answers. They also have a live chat on their website but no one answers as well. "

2013-02-13

"My father and I attempted to purchase a sword in November of 2012. They could not verify the card info so the purchase was never confirmed. Yet they took the money from our account. I tried to get ahold of them so I could verify the account info, but they were non responsive. So I decided to go somewhere else. I have emailed them numerous times to get my money back and they told me I had to wait till after the holidays. It is february 2013 and I have still not recieved my money back. They never answer the phone. And they can be quite rude in their emails. If you are thinking about doing business with them, just don't."

2012-06-19

"Had the same problem with the website, it says "usually ships in 3-5 days" rather than a much simpler "not in stock" They also charged me straight away even though most other sites charge when it has been shipped. So I was surprised when I called weeks later and they informed me that it wasn`t in stock. over the next few months, my e-mails asking about the availability of the item were answered with uncaring "this item is not in stock" responses. After 4 months, and the fact that Jason just stopped responding to my questions altogether, I decided to ask for my money back and was directed to the customer service department. Overall, I got the impression that Jason Moore just didn`t even care about my order, and I would never deal with this site again."

2011-07-14

"I ordered a sword from them on July 1 and their stock status indicator said and still says usually ships in 2 days. Well,lo and behold they later tell me its out of stock! Even though till this day they still advertise as shipping in 2 days, imagine that! On 12 July I sent them an email telling them to cancel the order and now I don't get any responses at all! I guess now I'm going to have to call my credit card company and report this as a fraudulent transaction."

2011-01-18

"swords of might had amazing costumer service. when you send an email requesting a change in your order not only is that change made emediatly but you get a reply email from a real person. the amount of patince everybody at swords of might is amazing, I constantly changed my order yet the emails were kind that I recieved. I felt I was treated as an individual not just " another costumer" the product delivered to me was fanominal aswell. the pacaging made it nearly imposine to damage the cargo and the product itself is the closest thing to japanese made as you will get without spending downwards of $1500. for only $189 hand made it was nearly the same quality. swords of might and everybody working there you are awsome you have a customer for life looking forward to my next purchase."

Share Swords of Might's store rating