Stores > SuperBookDeals
  • SuperBookDeals

Voice your opinion! Review SuperBookDeals by clicking a star below.
2018-01-11

CROOKS

"I ordered a book for my sister who is incarcerated in Nevada State Prison as I have many times before from other sellers. When the package arrived it had someone else’s order, the wrong book. I contacted them hoping they would send a replacement but they said they can only do that after I ship the book back to them on my dime, which would cost more than the price of the book. I explained that it is impossible to do so as prison inmates don’t have the freedom to go to the post office and ship out. I continued to ask for resolution and they just continued to tell me to ship it back. I’m at a loss for words at this point.. "

2018-01-08

A Year Full of Stories: 52 classic stories from all around the world

"Add me to the list of incredibly dissatisfied customers. My book never arrived and my emails requesting information go unanswered. I Will never order from this company again. I will be more diligent in reading reviews in the future. Unfortunately I was so excited about the book that I ordered it without checking seller reviews.

I am a teacher. I used a gift card from a family to order a book for my class. I am beyond disappointed.

2018-01-08

RIPOFF ARTISTS

"I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM THIS SELLER. I ordered a book on Nov. 24, and it still hasn't arrived on January 8. I contacted them to inquire about it, gave them the details of the order, and that was the last I heard from them (Dec. 14). This appears to be a functioning business with a website, but I don't appreciate being ripped off for the price of a book."

2017-12-17

Warning: stay away from this Company

"I am a Belgian citizen. Placed the order at Amazon (the book stealing fire) apparently goes via Super Book Deals. Paid for the book and for shipment. Thus far nothing received (order would arrive the 27th of November. Later date changed: between 27th of November and 12 December'. Again change: Friday the 15th December at the very latest: thus far nothing! Communication very poor (reply after several days) in... German, they refuse to answer in English. Advice: stay away from this 'Company'!"

2017-12-13

What a joke for customer service! Fooled me once! Never again!

"What a bad customer service experience! They do not follow the guidelines they layout for themselves. No notification for shipment, do not ship within 1-2 business days as they state. I had to buy the same book elsewhere as I had waited way too long for the book to arrive and I bought it as a gift, so I couldn’t wait any longer. The return policy is an absolute joke! Don’t bother even attempting a return. Unfortunately, I bought from SBD, through Barnes & Noble and BN doesn’t back the sales through the site. I won’t buy from either again!"

2017-12-01

BUYER BEWARE

"I ordered a book from these appalling people. It was advertised as perfect. It was not. There were pages missing and reproductions were barely visible at times. Once I had read the book and informed them, I was told I was out of time with my complaint with no attempt at an apology. I have bought many books from the USA and have always received excellent customer service responses to mainly minor issues. Not so with SuperBookDeals. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I will never buy a book from them again.

Martin Freeman.

2017-07-31

most disappointed

"Book ordered June 29, '17. After my query to B &N was told it had been shipped July 3. Arrived on July 27. Not an acceptable business practice."

2017-06-05

Worst online purchase experience I ever had.

"Ordered 3 books at same time on May 20. Received 2 of 3 in timely fashion. The one which never arrivedas of June 6? Of course from this disgraceful company. Fake tracking number. No way to get in touch. Barnes and Noble should definitely not be associated with these people. At this point It seems like theft of the money paid for a book ironically titled "The Way of Zen.""

2017-03-14

Surprisingly Great Service

"After I purchased my order, I did some research on the reviews for SuperBookDeals. Usually people do research on a company before they purchase something...but I saw the great price and impulse bought. I found an alarming amount of very negative reviews and it scared me quite a bit. There were reviews about damaged products, products that were shipped but were the complete wrong product, products that never got delivered, poor service, etc. So as you can imagine I was pretty worried. I have been mentally preparing an awful review in my head of all the things that could go wrong and what I would say in response in a review when it did but at this point but I decided to not freak out before anything actually went wrong with my own personal order. My order arrived within the stated time, customer service gave me a tracking number at my request and responded to my initial email very quickly and extremely politely even though I was bugging them a bit. My order was sent out for shipping less than a day after I hit order now. The order showed up like new with only some dust on the outside of the protective plastic wrapping and everything is in perfect condition. I am giving them 5 stars for my personal experience. I wish everyone else had the same experience. "

2017-02-10

Next time I will check reviews, don't waste your time with this seller.

"I had to buy some books for nursing school, I purchased 3 books from this seller that cost over 240 dollars. They were quickly marked as shipped, but I never heard anything for 2+ weeks. Then I found out through a paypal email that I received a refund for two of the books, and not the most expensive third book. So I called, and they told me that two of my books had been cancelled due to no stock, but the third had been SHIPPED and was on its way to me. I was annoyed that they didn't let me know that my 2 other books had been cancelled, and had to go ahead and order them elsewhere. I waited for the one that supposedly had shipped out, I kept checking the bogus tracking number they emailed to me, that had never updated and kept saying it was waiting receipt by usps. So, then my paypal notifies me that I got yet another refund from the seller. I have already needed this book already by this point, so I called and after the runaround I am told that the book was "shipped back to them" and they don't know why and that they issued me a refund. Ok?? I bought three books from them, received none and was given the worst run around and bs info wasting time. Will be calling BN. At least I was able to get a refund for all the books. Next time, I will do my research before ordering through Barnes and Noble marketplace sellers as this has been a bad inconvenience. "

2017-01-13

Won't issue a refund

"These scam artists won't issue a refund to me for a book I paid for but never received due to an "inventory problem". Each time I contact them by email I receive similar (almost word for word) replies that do answer my very specific questions. I've asked for a phone number for them multiple times and they refuse to provide this information. Based on my experience and the many other horrible customer reviews on this site alone, this company should be banned from selling on sites like Amazon and Barnes & Noble."

2016-12-23

Scumbags

"I ordered a book for Xmas on 12.01.16 I received a tracking number which was no good. When I contacted the company they told me that the tracking number would not show any information until after the item was delivered. What? I then told them I needed it by Xmas and they told me it would be delivered in 4 to 14 business days. We'll it's December 23 and no book. The tracking number now states the item is in a new jersey sorting facility and it has been there since 12.12 and has not moved. Numerous more contacts with the company gets me form letter emails. Thus company should not be in business. "

2016-11-15

Dreadful customer experience

"I ordered a book in September. it arrived with the slowest of service a month later, in a poorly protected bubble wrap envelope. The item was damaged. They said ship it back for replacement and a refund of the return shipping. After they got the book back they claimed it was never received. After two weeks of effort they agreed they had it back and would send a replacement. Nearly a month later a similarly poorly packaged book was delivered. It was the wrong book. This was returned, this time with the promise of a refund of the purchase price and the return shipping. The book was received back by them a week ago, but they again say they never received it, even with USPS delivery proof. Now I am going through the same delaying tactics trying to get the purchase refund and the two postage refunds. Ten weeks into this I still have no book and no refunds. This company has a very low orders completed rating on Abebooks, and if you don't get you book they put you through hell trying to get a refund. Stay away from these guys."

2016-08-22

Next time, I'll pay full price!

"I ordered a book from Amazon, through SuperBookDeals on August 5th. Almost immediately, I got a notification that said that my order had shipped. 16 days later, I get another e-mail that says that the order has shipped and they provided a shipping number through DHL Global Mail. Upon clicking on the link, I see that the status is Pre-Shipment Info sent to USPS, meaning that they sent a message to the USPS saying that they were going to be receiving a package. Now 17 days in, still no book. Allegedly, the book has arrived in Secaucus, NJ, but it doesn't seem to be any closer to NC!

One thing's for sure, I won't be buying another book from them. That they "shipped" was an outright lie. I'll pay the extra $5 to buy it from Amazon! This was a serious waste of time. I hope that the book arrives soon.

2015-04-10

"My experience isn't as bad as some of the other reviewers here -- yet. It's been only 14 days since I ordered it. I emailed them and got the same boilerplate another reviewer quoted, that they give it to a courier service, who then "injects" it into the USPS at the nearest regional facility, etc. Since the Amazon listing stated the book shipped from Illinois I was rather surprised that the "nearest regional facility" appears to have been Seacaucus, NJ, which is where it was "injected" according to the tracking number which finally worked after a lag of several days. As of 1:15 PM today it's at Hazelwood, MO, and is thus inching closer to my location is southern Indiana. This seller claims to offer the "highest standard of customer service," which is essentially a bald-faced lie. Amazon notes that standard shipping can be expected to arrive within 3-5 or 4-14 business days, "depending on the seller's setting." So for the $3.99 delivery and handling charge the seller can opt for a higher or lower (and cheaper for them) level of customer service, and SuperBookDeals has opted for the latter. And once it reaches the USPS it ships at a lower priority, Media Mail, also undoubtedly cheaper for these cheapskates. Next time I'll check at this site before I order a book, and I will NEVER order from SuperBookDeals again. I just re-ordered the book from Amazon.com, at the higher prince I should have paid in the first place, and I bet it gets here before the other one does. "

Share SuperBookDeals's store rating

SuperBookDeals is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SuperBookDeals is not a merchant member
SuperBookDeals does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!