Stores > SquareTrade

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.11/10 8.11/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.18/10 8.18/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.30/10 8.30/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.84/10 7.84/10
Voice your opinion! Review SquareTrade by clicking a star below.

2017-12-05

TV fixed and working fine.

"Even though the warranty was almost up, my TV was repaired and is working fine. Nice job Square Trade."

2017-11-30

HORRIBLE, DISHONEST, SCAM, STAY AWAY

"I bought a warranty from them, they didn't even give me a chance to read the terms of the warranty. Little did I know that my very vital computer component could not be replaced because it didn't work in the first place. I wouldn't ever by these people, I mean EVER, they have bad customer service with little to know regard about you or your rightfully owned property. This company is built off lies and shouldn't be traded with, they are greedy and take your money without any remorse. Their customer service tried to make you understand how that the fact they scammed you makes sense. Just HORRIBLE. "

Rep reply posted Dec-01-2017

“Hi,

When a device is purchased and it is not operating from the time you received it, we are unable to repair it due to it being a pre-existing condition. We would like to look into this further. Please email us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com with your account details.

JD”

2017-11-28

Incompetence of Tech Repair- Refurbished = Faulty

"I used square trade to replace an iphone 6 because there was a problem with the circuit board. The first replacement phone they sent me had the wrong storage- it was the cheapest version. The second replacement they sent me did not work. The third replacement functions, but barely. The screen does not register what you are trying to do and it periodically erases all my email from the phone. It won't send a text sometimes and is terrible. I'm not sure who refurbishes their phones, but they sure don't do a good job. Each time I talked to square trade I was on hold and was connected to overseas tech support where they read off a script and didn't understand what I was saying. I will most likely be buying a new phone as I am completely fed up with them. Don't waste your money."

Rep reply posted Nov-28-2017

“Hello,

All our replacement devices have a 30 day policy on them. If the device is not operating correctly within 30 days, we can get another one out to you right away. At this time, the last claim was filed over 30 days ago and we were not notified that the last device was not operating. At this time, we are unable to proceed with another claim due to the warranty being expired. If you would like to discuss this further, please email us at socialhelps@squaretrade.com with "Reseller Ratings" as the subject line.

JD

2017-11-28

Samsung Refrigerator

"HORRIBLE...HORRIBLE......bought my Samsung Refrigerator 2 yrs ago August 2015 and the day after Thanksgiving 2017 stopped staying cold. Freezer was working and fridge was in 40's. That night freezer stopped and all our frozen food thawed and was water. Next morning it went back on and we thought then fridge would work. No such luck. All of our food had to be thrown away. Fridge still doesn't work and it is now Tuesday. We couldn't contact the claims dept because the appliance dept is closed on weekends, but the electronics was, which doesn't make sense. Called claim dept for appliances on Monday morning and according to representatives claim was started and a part was sent out to my home (which I don't know how they know was correct part) but this was worst part... a tech needed to be reached who was near me and schedule a appointment to come to my home. Which could take up to 3 business days, then when they do get a tech depending on their schedule could take more days. I have a family of small children and NO fridge. No milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt...etc..We lost all our food in fridge/freezer and on top of that have to eat out every night, because we can't save anything. We are living outta a cooler, which we have been buying ice daily just to keep things cold. Horrible experience and an unprofessional way to conduct business. I will never buy squaretrade again and I've had them in past for other products I bought"

Rep reply posted Nov-28-2017

“Hello,

We understand your frustration and we are working fast to locate a tech. The claim was filed on 11/27/2017 and we need to allow sometime for our techs to review the information. Once a tech has been located, we will be contacting you to set up an appointment and get this taken care. We apologize about the inconvenience.

JD

2017-11-20

Dishwasher demise -- SquareTrade to the rescue!

"Overall, I have purchased three different warranty plans from SquareTrade but haven't needed to file a claim until recently. It was amazing how quickly they reviewed and approved my claim. This isn't a smear campaign so I'll exclude the name of the dishwasher's manufacturer from my story. In summary, I bought SquareTrade's three-year plan which ran concurrent to the one included with the purchase of my dishwasher, and it turned out to be a wise decision. My dishwasher was only four months old and the control board failed. After emailing the manufacturer concerning the issue, I was told that they would mail a new control board with replacement instructions and I would be expected to repair it myself. Wow, really? I couldn't believe it. I'm not a repair technician, and I've never heard of such a repair policy. So I decided to contact SquareTrade and hoped their warranty service would offer a better alternative. As requested, I submitted some required information so that ST could begin processing my claim, and within the same day I was told that it was approved. They offered to help by overriding the manufacturer's warranty and take care of the issue. SquareTrade quickly solved my problem, did better than the warranty coverage provided by the manufacturer, and saved me a lot of hassle. What an outstanding company with incredible customer service representatives! After this experience, I will confidently continue to do business with SquareTrade, and will gladly recommend their warranty service to my friends and family."

2017-11-17

Ridiculous!

"Sent my phone in for repair - came back promptly BUT WITH A NEW PROBLELM (Square Trade did something when they fixed it, NOT ME - came back that way!) Had to send phone back again. Got an email they'd send me a check or return the phone and I could take it to an Apple store for a new or upgraded phone since they had none in stock. Fine. Never heard back for two days after emailing several times to customer service/claims WITH NO RESPONSE FROM THEM. Called them AGAIN - said phone was on the way but they had no tracking number. Got the phone the next day AND THE SCREEN WAS CRACKED! (YES, from THEM, not from me!) If that weren't bad enough, THEY WOULD NOT REPAIR IT SO I'M THE ONE STUCK NOW! A check for the purchase amount will NOT be sent UNTIL THEY RECEIVE MY PHONE BACK. WHY??? So they can refurbish it and SELL IT OUT??! Ridiculous that I now have to go back to Fed Ex AGAIN - a THIRD TIME - and have to wait til they get the phone, verify it, and then however long it will take for them to write out a check, mail it - and an additional 7-10 days in the mail....THEN the bank deposit takes 3 days to approve their check! I AM WITHOUT A PHONE FOR A TOTAL OF NO LESS THAN 28 DAYS FOR ONE REPAIR! RIDICULOUS! I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

ONLY reason I gave 2 stars is because at least they will send a check for the purchase price.

Rep reply posted Nov-20-2017

“Hello,

We certainly understand your frustration about the repair. When we process a reimbursement, we will need the device back and once the phone is in transit, the check will be processed. Due to us sending it through USPS, it will take a few business days for you to received it. We do apologize about the inconvenience and the check will be received in a few business days.

JD ”

2017-11-16

Refund on Broken ET-4500 Printer

"Very smooth - no hassle. Received complete refund very quickly. Excellent experience!"

2017-11-14

Square Trade was very responsive helpful to address our concerns and direct a path for resolution.

"Our sixty inch samsung TV developed internal epilectic electrical problems which led to eventual shutdown of unit. We contacted Square trade and they evaluated our problem which led to the assignment of a qualified technician to check and resolve. Technician was highly competent and understanding of the needs two senior citizens. One being a disabled Vet. It took a approximately seven business days to receive the correct parts to complete the repair. Once part supplies were in technician completed the job and TV is functioning like new."

2017-11-14

New android Phone

"My phone is old . It receives calls and drop calls, it does not hold a charge, or sometimes I cannot charge it all.
I had no trouble getting a new phone. Thank you Square Trade for a job well done in record time.

2017-11-13

Problem assessed

"My problem was assessed over the telephone and part ordered in a very timely manner and technician notified."

Steam line

"Took care of issue quickly after some basic questions "

They did a great job

"We had no problems from start to finish! And we where keeled informed every step of the way. "

2017-11-12

"Everything was great . Everyone that I spoke with listened and took care of me. Thanks to all that helped me..."

Square Trade hasn't disappointed yet

"Always utilize Square Trade when buying electronics thru Amazon over the years. Have had to use them on 3 different occasions and each time was a great experience. "

2017-11-11

Square Trade is the Bomb!

"Easy to make a claim; professionally and quickly handled ."

Share SquareTrade's store rating

SquareTrade is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SquareTrade is a merchant member
SquareTrade participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,474 merchant members.