Product & services pricing 3.21/10
Customer service: 2.14/10
Return/Replacement policy: 1.56/10
2018-09-15

Dont use SpotHero

"I enjoyed SpotHero as a company until my most recent experience. I bought a spot in Chicago through the app for a days work. While working I receive a voicemail from Spot Hero saying they messed up by selling that spot for that day and that it was not meant to be available. My car ends up getting towed from the spot that I bought through SpotHero. They didn’t assist me in gettin my vehicle at all so I had to pay over $200 to get to my car and get it from the towing company.

From then I called Spot Hero to explain that I had to pay and they assured me I would receive a check reimbursing me of the expense I incurred due to their mess up. They said that this check would take 4-6 weeks to arrive to me. Nothing in the world takes that long to mail unless its coming from a different country but I still waited.

Sure enough 4-6 weeks has now gone by and I have not received anything. I called to inform them of this and ask where it is and i was hung up on. I then waited a few days and called back and now they say they don’t know why the check hasn’t arrived but they will look into it and get back to me. They also say they can’t track the check when you definitely can track anything that you mail out. I worked in Customer Service so i see through their BS.

Long story short, do not use SpotHero, there are other parking apps.

2018-08-27

Ripped off!

"Used spothero to park near Renaissance Hotel at LAX, rather than pay the hotel's $42 parking charge. I purchased a parking space at Crowne Plaza which was only a 3 block walk for $18.75. I thought I was getting a great deal until I arrived and found out that Crowne Plaza only charges $16 for parking!"

2018-08-18

RIPPED OFF!

"Used it for the first time in DC yesterday. Used credit card to pay $21 for a parking spot, they charged the card immediately along with 4 charges of $1.30 for Google pay. Never sent the confirmation code you use to get your car out of the parking lot. Called customer service and they said they couldn't find any record of the transaction. Offered to send them a screen shot of the credit card charge that had their merchant number on it and they said NO. HAD TO PAY ANOTHER $21 TO GET THE CAR OUT. Never AGAIN!!!!"

2018-08-18

Completely Useless

"This was a complete waste of time. I made the reservation almost a month in advance knowing I was going to be in a hurry at the time. I got to the garage, there was no evidence of SpotHero anywhere, or how to use the service or the bar code or anything. The garage was completely full and I ended up having to scramble to find another spot, at more than double the price at the last minute. Just find a space on your own. Total waste of time."

2018-08-03

Paid too much

"Paid $14 and got there and the rate was $10. Won’t use again. "

2018-07-07

Couldn’t have had a better experience!

"I’ve been renting my space out through SpotHero in Chicago for 3 years now. I’ve had a great experience in all aspects. The support staff is amazing and extremely helpful. I have a dedicated staff person who returns calls and emails promptly. I’m often home when renters arrive and sometimes I’ll meet them in my garage to say hello and to thank them. I’ve met the coolest, most interesting and diverse group of people, some I’ve remained friends with. I get several repeat customers and do my best to make it a great and easy experience. I learn that most of the renters use SpotHero often which indicates that they’ve not had problems with the service. I also notice that SpotHero only charges a couple dollars more to rent my private secured enclosed garage space than the street parking lots. There is one thing I’d like to mention to customers: with due respect, I have been unemployed since a layoff a year ago. Many of us owners depend on the SpotHero income. If a customer has reserved my garage space, and then cancels at the last minute, perhaps to park on the street, please know that I’ve lost money due to the cancellation and it’s too late to rent to another customer at that point. Naturally emergencies are very different. Personally I’ve never had a single problem with SpotHero and the company has been an absolute pleasure to work with. "

2018-07-07

They refunded me!!!!

"My boyfriend and I needed parking for a baseball game and I found this app. I was very pleased with how simple it was and how close the parking was. However when we got there, there was no parking. We went and parked somewhere else anyways. Afterwards I called a little peeved. When I did call we found out I actually entered the wrong date. Even though it was completely my fault, they still refunded me. Great customer service!"

2018-07-06

They won't refund- even though I cancelled

"I had a spot booked at DFW airport location mistakenly thinking they shuttled to Love field- I called and canceled but they charged me anyway. When I called to clear up the issue, they did credit me- but they ONLY gave me credit on my SoptHero account. They refused to refund my money back to my credit card even though I canceled. So, they stole my money and gave me credit for a service I will NEVER use. What thieves! The only reason I gave them any stars was because the customer service rep seemed to be a nice guy (just employed by a business that steals money and won't give it back). And to top it off, THEY WON'T STOP BLOWING UP MY EMAIL. I wish they would stop sending me stuff."

2018-06-29

Rip off

"I reservered and paid for a parking space in downtown Denver for a major concert at Coors Field. My daughter and I drove from Colorado Springs only to find when we arrived at the parking, they were FULL!! The people there could have cared less even though we showed our receipt! They don’t work for Spot Hero, so it was meaningless to them. The rep at Spot Hero was more than willing to refund our money, so what? You ever tried to find a parking space in a downtown of a city the size of Denver? Huge, huge disappointment. I will NEVER use this useless service again! BEWARE!"

2018-06-21

Very Bad experience @ DFW airport with Spothero

"I booked spothero to park At DFW airport location. I was given Park For U location but when I reached their Park for u didn't acknowledge the booking and I have to find some other parking in the last min. For refund I have to send multiple emails and calls. "

2018-06-21

Terrible expereince

"Absolutely terrible experience! As a frequent air traveler, you can plan for most contingencies. However, the one I did not expect was that Spothero's Parking Systems LGA would not have available shuttles to take passengers tot he airport. After waiting 30 minutes, the only shuttle that showed up was full and no info was available on when another would become available. Had to take an UBER from the garage to LGA so as to not miss the flight. Will never park here again. Also reported the problem twice to Spothero and they did not respond."

2018-06-14

Got towed anyways

"Do not use SpotHero. I did last weekend... HUGE mistake. The first spot I got had a dumpster parked in it, so I had to find a second spot. I paid for the spot and verified that I was in the right place over the phone with SpotHero, but my car was towed anyways. Spent my whole day trying to figure out how to get my car back (it cost me $240 plus a 45 minute trip to the impound lot that was in a dangerous city on the west side of Chicago). I’ve been calling SpotHero to get an explanation and they have been blowing me off. Very inconsiderate and rude."

2018-06-14

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

"Bought a spot in Lot B for the U2 concert in Philly last night, very close to the building. Was never allowed in Lot B to park, even after my receipt with scan code was checked by 2 attendants. Was just told to follow traffic, ended up in another lot, much further away that I could have paid $11 less for in cash and gotten in 10 minutes faster. Rip-off artists!!"

2018-06-11

Boston - Refund

"I got crossed up on getting through the gate and pulled a ticket. That gate did not have the flashing light I was supposed to hold my pass up to.
I was in the right place. I ended up just paying again for parking to get out.
I did write it up and send it in to them.
Two weeks later, Megan refunded the $18 on my credit card.
Pretty cool in my book.
I would use Spot Hero again.

2018-06-09

Excellent service

"I live in NYC suburbs & my experience with SpotHero has been nothing but excellent. When I've called to cancel a rez, even 5 minutes after the allocated time, a real person always answers (amazing!) and I've always gotten an immediate refund. The quality of the garages are not Spot Hero's doing. Because I've always been able to get thru to cancel (you can do this automated as well), and as I cancel if I find street parking, I will choose Spot Hero over another app when I am not sure I'll arrive before the designated time. The only thing that bothers me is that the deals used to be better than they are in the last 3 mos or so. I used to be able to find parking < $15 but rarely now, and most are > $25. I assume their contracts changed, but I wont use them if it costs > $20. I'll either use another app or train in. I go into NYC every weekend and use spothero or another app. "

Share SpotHero's store rating