Stores > SpotHero

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
Voice your opinion! Review SpotHero by clicking a star below.

Very good,very understandable customer service

"I reserved 2 times with spot hero. One time in Philadelphia , which is very convenient and had good experience.again took in Newark. Even though I prepaid, Newark long Term Parking people over charged for (parking and towing charges for proper unknown reason ).Spothero customer service helped me to waive unnecessary charges."

"Extremely unorganized. Waited over 45 minutes to get my car twice. The second time they could not even find my car. Last time I use this service. "

Never use this app!

"Got stuck in the lot. Waiting hours to get cars towed so we can get out. It is midnite and there are 10 cars needing to be towed. Many phone calls. Never use Spot Hero."

Very long wait to be picked up

"Pick up from Airport to pick up car took 40+ minutes :("

You let me book garage witch was closed at sunday

"We could not get in because garage was closed, after we called they said sorry we can cancel! How fanny we where late for the game!"

Worst experience ever!!!!

"The whole experience was unpleasant from drop off to "pick up". I used SpotHero for a trip out of JFK airport. My family and I had reservations to park our car early one morning and the lot was a locked fenced in lot with no attendant. I called the given number for about 30-45 minutes before someone answered (running out of time for flight). There were two other people that had been waiting longer that was also about to miss flight. The attendant had to move like 5-6 cars just to make room for our car. This was all small potatoes compared to our return back to our car a week later. I called the number as the instruction through spothero told me to. I called once I landed and gave them my confirmation number and license plate # so they could come pick us up and get my car ready. Ohh i left out I'm traveling with my 3 yr old and my 1 yr old and my wife. On our return to NY, its about 10 degrees outside. When I called the attendant sounded like everything was running smooth and said call him again once i get my bags and someone will be there right away to pick us up, it was a valet service and they did drop us off. I got our bags and I called again and told him we were ready. This is when it got ugly, he said he couldn't accommodate my whole family and asked if he could just pick me up and leave my family and have me go pick up my family with my own car. Keep in mind its 10 degrees and we all were tired and my kids were freaking out. None of this seemed to intrest him and he said that he couldn't pick us up. I told him sure come get me. After waiting for 30-40 minutes I called back and he said its gonna be a while because his van tends to fill up in the first couple of terminals and then he has to take them to the lot. We were in terminal 4!!!!!! I was upset now because the taxi line had an hour wait and my kids were in meltdown mode. I got angry with attendant and he hung up on me and would not answer my phone calls. My wife called and he hung up on her and then blocked her number. We got in the taxi line, we waited the hour (no one ever came for us) the taxi took us to the lot and there was no one there and I couldn't get my car. I tried calling multiple time and no one answered the given number. I finally had the taxi driver call and it was answered on first ring and I told him we were waiting to be let into gate. The attendant came in about 5 minutes, (taxi meter running because we weren't about to step out into the cold with kids, we were finally getting warm in taxi) The attendant knew who I was and didn't say a word to me, so I proceeded to get my car, the car was open with keys in ignition, I pulled to the front where my family was waiting in taxi and loaded all our bags and got my family in and I asked the tenant if there was any way I could get reimbursed for the taxi ride, (i mean the lot was supposed to provide valet service that I paid for) well the tenant didn't like that and started to yell at me and this is when I went full atom bomb mode cause I was disgusted by spothero's service and we started yelling, (not proud of this at all) the tenant, I thought was going to try and fight me, so i backed down because i just needed to get my family home and get some food in them. I was completely turned off by the whole experience and will never use this service again. Ohh and while we were yelling there was a returning customer that apparently couldn't find his car in the lot. "

Unpaid for 5 months

"I am a Garage owner operator. I listed my garage with them and after 5 months I still haven’t seen any money from reservations that people made. They have claimed that I gave them wrong bank info (3 times..???).
When I told them I wanted to stop the listing they emailed the customers and told them they had to leave the garage at the end of that month because the garage was closing for good.!!! They even provided the customers with info to other garages in the area..!!!!!
I am currently using a lawyer to get my money and thinking about suing the company.!!!!!

Wish I could give a zero star rating

"They over booked! False Advertising! We missed one hour of our show and refused to comp for the other parking! Very poor service! Will never use again!"

poor service paid reserved and was denied

"arrived for an appt paid fee printed confirmation and was denied shame on you Spothero..during christmas bah hambug"

No Gurantee Even Paid In Full

"Extremely Bad Service.

Today was the first time we used SpotHero listed on San Francisco Opera Web promotion. We reserved parking at 66 10th St. (1400 Mission St) - Valet Garage in San Francisco for the showing of Opera at 7:30pm. After fighting the traffic, we arrived at the garage at 7pm, the attendant told us the garage is full and will not honor the paid reservation.

I called up Spot Hero and asked the person to talk to the Garage operator, but was told that he can not do anything about it and the only thing he can do is refund and try to find another parking. We were quite upset as the person from Spot Hero sounded as if it happens all the time (so what is the point of the App?!) and hinted that with out him, good luck for us to find parking.

Noting that even if the person find another parking near by, we would be late for the Opera (when you are late, you are not allow to go in until intermission). We then found our own parking, and was a full 20 minutes late and had to wait at the hall way till intermission. This is not at all acceptable as I used to use Parking Panda all the time and never had any issue. Now since Spot Hero bought Parking Panda, I can imaging where Parking Panda is going to go (sad to see things go south because of incompetent company). The event ruined our family Opera night and wasted our tickets that cost 90+$ per person (family of 5).

Advised me of something that wasn't actually available at the parking garage

"I purchased my monthly parking in May 2017 and was advised by the Spothero I would be able to have in&out privileges. At the end of October I flew home and went to pick up my car and was advised by the parking attendant they do not allow in&out privileges for non hotel guest. The parking attendants at the Parking garage were great, but they explained they could not handle doing in&out for guest and non hotel guest. That was understandable so I called Spothero and advised them of this and to my knowledge everything was taken care of. I didn't see any refund to my car so I call Spothero back to see what the delay was. The gentleman I spoke to a Spothero that was great and told me that I would be refunded he just had to submit it to another department to process the refund. Then I received an email that they could not do a refund. I sent and email which they responded to not answering or addressing any of my concerns. I then ask to have someone call me so that I can make sure they understand my issue and have the opportunity to do the right thing. They lady they had call me was rude and neither listened or addressed my issues. My frustration was mainly that the service offered was not give and they made it seem like it wasn't their fault for lying to me in order to get my business then treating me like I should have know better. The lady Sydney that I spoke with said "ooh well you should have told them when you called in that you wanted a refund too. Sorry, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about you not parking your car since it's monthly parking." I ask her if I could talk to someone like a manager she said "I'm the manager, I'm it". I ask is there anyone that I could speak to that would be willing to listen to my issue and actually address them instead of repeating the same thing over and over again. she said "No, there isn't, I'm it". I hung up in disappointment that I could faithfully pay my bill for a service when I went to use it wasn't not available to me, that alone should have prompted a refund without me asking. Dear Spothero it is just as easy to do right by your customer then do the wrong thing. I'm sorry your representation for your company fell short in this matter. Please do better. "

nightmare with the spothero

"Good start. I download the app, book a spot, PAY for it with Apple Pay and never get any confirmation. Call tech support, which is very reassuring but useless. One issue, as it turns out (I figured it out, not them) is that none of their links / URLs works with Chrome - at least on Mac with High Sierra, and that's what I have.

I spend about 20 min or more with Tech. Support changing email address, etc., but still to no avail. No reservations - which I paid for! - were shown. For one, horrible design of the app, where it allows you to book a spot without creating and account. Tech support is polite, but useless. No help what-so-ever.

Furthermore, when I drove to the garage I booked, it had Garage Full, only monthly pass holders are allowed. So, I paid for the spot, and the garage is full? Maybe, I could still park, but do you want me to experiment when I am getting close to my show? No mention of the damn spothero of anything.

Overall, wasted time, but hopefully, not wasted money, as I am going to dispute the credit charge from this completely fraudulent scammers. The app doesn't work, the reservation doesn't work, total nightmare.

"I purchased 2 parking passes 1 for my self and 1 for a relative. When I got to the lot the attendant asked me how much I paid for the pass after telling him I paid $5 he told me I'd have to pay an additional $5. No way I went to another lot and paid $20. Just was a waste of $10. Never again!"

First and last time customer

"Trip from Atlantic City Area to Phila with need for approximately 6 hrs parking. Approximate time from 2:30pm to 8:30 pm. Paid Spot hero in advance. When I got there I drove up a one way narrow ramp to the 2d floor and scanned my code bar only to have it rejected as "Invalid" No explanation as to why it was invalid.Repeated the effort several times Still no explanation. I concluded I was in the wrong garage. No way to turn around or back out, with another car in back of me. I called Spot Hero only to be told that I was 4 minutes early and would have to get a regular ticket. Finally an attendant came and I told him I was not moving until my my entry became valid. He took the time to change the tape in the machine and I finally got in. This was absurd !! I have used many other parking garages/apps and never had this kind of problem. This was my first and last time as a Spot Hero customer, whose only concern is in forcing customers to over estimate the time of entry so they can squeeze more money for unused time. I was out of the garage by 8:15, less than the 6hrs. Their customer services **** !!!"

terrible customer aervice

"Got a spot for Cubs game. The spot i picked clearly stated I needed to park behind a certain black car. It included a pic of the car that I was to
Park behind. Very clear. I get to the spot and a different vehicle is in the spot where a certain black car was parked. Tried to knock on the owners door and then called SpotHero. It's wrigleyville at game time. They give me a new spot and said the owner should not have required I park behind a certain car. Net, net it was nightmare to get to my revised spot and I missed some of the game. When I called the next day they said yeah we were wrong but too bad. What? New company, working through the kinks, admitted that the ad should have caught and not allowed and then tell me too bad?
It's not about the money...it's about them realizing that customer service is critical to this business. They don't get it. Big pass for me

Share SpotHero's store rating

SpotHero is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SpotHero is not a merchant member
SpotHero does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!