Stores > Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore by clicking a star below.
2017-11-30

Excellent experience twice

"I was reading the bad reviews on here and thought I would put my 2 (experi)cents in. 2012 I purchased a SF XDm 9mm. I used a FFL that I new and trusted and had no problems. 2016 I purchased a Ruger AR-15; used the same FFL and once again had no problems. And I will be purchasing a Ruger american compact 9mm from them and I suspect I will have have the results as before, no problems at the best prices you can find on the internet."

2017-11-17

Winchester .22 Ammo

"Shipped the same day, arrived 3 days later. No complaints here, keep up the good work!"

2017-10-20

Bend over for shipping

"Bought a $20 item, charged $8 shipping. Took three days to process order, and got a notification it was sent FedEx Smartpost aka SLOWpost. Shop elsewhere, SOSS may appear to have lower prices but they make up for it by cheating you in shipping cost."

2017-10-12

Great merchant

"I have now purchased 3 items in two seperate transactions, a shotgun and two magazines. In both cases they shipped the items very quicky and everything was exactly as represented. Everything was packed quite well and their prices were the best I could find."

2017-09-06

Did I buy a new pistol?

"Picked up pistol from FFL holder today. Brought it home and racked the slide but not able to lock the slide. The slide stop is frozen so not possible to disassemble the pistol. This is suppose to be a brand new pistol. Additionally, both magazine followers show a heavy indication of lead. The centers of the white follower are gray."

2017-08-31

Best place to buy firearms online.

"I've bought several firearms from SOSS, as well as ammo. I will say that a lot of these reviews from spring 2017, specifically late March to early May, saying shipping took forever, are accurate. They did however have a big banner across their website during the spring (which is gone now) saying they were experiencing a much higher volume of purchases than they usually have and that that may interfere with shipping times. I did have to wait about a month to get one of my firearms that I ordered around that time, which I was a little upset about, but there's really not much you can do about it they did what they could to let you know it would take longer than expected (even though I didn't expect that long). The firearms I've received are in excellent condition, no troubles with shipping at all. As long as you send in your FFL right away after purchasing, you should get it in about a week, the longer you take to send it in the longer its going to take to ship. I think the first purchase I made from them I received in under a week. Most places cant beat their prices on a lot of items. I haven't had to deal too much with their support, but I do remember when I ordered one of my firearms that it took a while for them to respond or they didn't respond at all (I don't blame them though, I was just upset it was taking so long for my firearm) . Overall I'd recommend this site to anyone wanting to purchase firearms online, I'm a satisfied customer. "

2017-07-18

Great Gun Prices! Great Seller!

"I've ordered about five hand guns and 7 long guns from Outdoor Superstore. When you order if you've filled out your information correctly you'll receive a confirmation email. You'll also see a 1 dollar charge on your CC. Once the gun ships they charge the full amount. My experience has been it takes about two weeks each time i order a firearm from the initial order to when my FFL receives it. Well worth the small wait for their great firearm prices as far as I'm concerned!"

2017-07-16

Serial no. does not match

"Bought a cop gun and the serial no. on the slide, barrel and lower did not match. This can happen because of buying used and govt. pieces, BUT, they do not say it anywhere on their website as a disclaimer warning before purchase. "

2017-06-19

Not Amazon Prime shipping, but better than Amazon prices

"I have made two separate purchases; one with hard to find ammo that took a couple weeks (i didn't care) and another with a fantastic deal on a scope. I was not in a hurry and they did not charge my credit card until the day they shipped it. I'm very patient and received great deals. So if you need something fast, go to your local gun shop, if you want a great deal, order from Sportmans Outdoor and use your credit card. --- Thank you Sportmans Outdoor. I'll be back!"

2017-06-19

Not Recomended

"The Absolute Worst Online shopping experience I have had. Customer service would not return e-mails, did not answer phone. When I finally got through, I requested A return of a Defective scope and was given the manufactures e-mail address,,even though the scope was only 2wks into the 30 day window for returns. This company supershit."

2017-06-14

This place ****

"M&P Shield. Website says 'ships in 1 to 3 days' A week later they tell me they are busy and my gun MIGHT ship soon. But if I pay aother $20 they will ship it today. They dont answer their phone, they don't respond to email. If you need them fax them. I'd NEVER buy ANYTHING from them"

2017-06-13

NO RESPONSE

"Placed an order...Called and emailed several times with no response. Absolutely no customer service.
Tim Kauffman

2017-05-18

Awesome!

"I have purchased several firearms from SOSS. I have never had a problem so far. Cant beat their prices and delivery has always been prompt. I love this place. "

2017-04-22

Horrible shipping time.

"Placed order 4/10/2017. No emails from them regarding the order. Just received an email from FedEx on 4/20 saying the shipment was tendered!! They need to warn people if they are going to take 2.5-3 weeks to get an online order to you! Completely unacceptable! They immediately added me to their spam list, though, and I got marketing emails from them just about every day until I unsubscribed. Not cool!"

2017-04-11

Item as described, at a killer deal

"Although there is a long processing time 7+ days, it was well worth it for the price.
I bought a S&W M&P 2.0 5in FDE. It was brand new for 459.00 free shipping. What a deal!

Share Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore's store rating

Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore is not a merchant member
Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!