Product & services pricing 2.22/10
Return/Replacement policy: 0.83/10
2018-07-12

Avoid

"Absolutely avoid at all costs. I’m still awaiting delivery weeks after ordering. Last week when I asked for an update I was given a tracking number (by customer services!) saying it was collected by the courier. One week later and the courier has yet to receive the order. If you want to waste your money just throw it in the bin - same endpoint as giving your money to this company."

2018-07-06

AWFULL EXPERIENCE

"I ORDERED ABOUT 54 ITEMS AT SPORTS DIRECT USA. I ONLY RECIEVED 7 ITEMS. I PAID USD 770 FOR THE ORDER.
I SENT 5 EMAILS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE, BUT THEY NEVER ANSWER.
DON'T LOOSE MONEY, BUYING AT SPORTS DIRECT.

2018-06-21

What you read here is the TRUTH, don't just take my word READ on.

"What you read here is TRUE.
If only I had read the reviews prior to placing an order as the service is simply appalling, that term is putting it lightly. At each and EVERY level of service provided, each member of SD has been trained in a manner that is not acceptable. The old dogma that the customer is always right has not even entered there vocabulary whatsoever.
They do not listen, have no empathy, blatantly discourteous, iniquitous and atrocious service at such a level they do NOT deserve trade/customers in to-days society.
The General public are being taken advantage of by SD due the current level of austerity here in the UK.
For SD representatives to address customers in such an ill-mannered, impolite, discourteous and disrespectful fashion is TOTALLY unacceptable.

2018-06-13

service getting very poor

"I am an avid customer of sports direct, but i've noticed since last year, products or items is no better, price dearer, website will say its on weekly offer or on sale but price will be the same, and the delivery charge is expensive! i've asked customer service about this and i was told the price for shipping has gone up and it is depending on weight. Where in fact i ordered more items 2months before including 2 mens shoes,shirts, jackets and i was charged 10eu but this week i ordered only clothes t-shirts and shorts about 10 items only and i was charged 19.99eu! thats doubled the price for a standard delivery. I've ordered 3 days ago and checked status of my order and still saying still in process! gone very slow! Within 2 working days that should be posted already! in other company that 19.99eu will be the charge for express delivery! and some company will give standard delivery free if you ordered above 70eu! This will be my last order with sports direct, unless company service will be good again. To sports direct, if you want customers to stay with you, maintain a good service. "

2018-06-13

RACSIM FROM STAFF MEMBERS!

"Dear Sports Direct,

Firstly, I would like to start off by saying how disappointed and disrespected i feel by the service i have been given at your east ham store.

I went into the east ham store about 7 weeks ago and had the worst experience i have every received in any retail store. I entered the store with a McDonalds drink with my head phones on. I was then physically pulled by the security on my left arm and was told to leave. I then asked him why i need to leave and he told me i am drinking a drink in the store. I asked him where i could leave my drink and also to not put hes hands on me he then started to be very aggressive in hes tone of voice and made me feel very intimidated. He then asked me to leave which i was very confused on why as i haven't done anything wrong so I asked to speak to a manager. He then laughed at me and told me there is no one here to see me which made me feel very helpless. I then kindly asked one of the sports direct staff to call a manager who then told me that he is busy so wont be able to help me. i waited out the entrance door for a manager to come but in the mean time i was told by your security guard to "shut the f*** up, you stupid black c****" now far as im aware i do not expect my race to play apart in any customer experience. I then asked him to give me hes name and to get a manager, which he refused to do and told me that hes not racist as hes wife is black. now i do not appropriate any white person putting negativity on my race. i was absolutely humiliated and felt very helpless. A manager finally came over and i tried explaining the situation to him but he didn't really sound bothered and looked at him like this has happened before. The security guard was then asked to move away from me while i told him what happened as he was very rude and seemed to find it funny. I asked the manager for the customer service number and he told me there isnt one so i left feeling very upset then i asked for hes name which he refused to give me. I then called 0344 245 9200 which i spent over an hour on the phone trying to get hold of someone which was very unhelpful. I expressed how upset i was to the the receptionist on the phone and told her what happen which she was very apologetic about and she said she would put me through to someone. Which was a waste of time as 7 weeks later i still have not heard anything. WHICH I AM Absolutely DISCUSSED by. I have returned everything that i own from sports direct and would NEVER shop there again. i am actually a fashion mens youtuber so i am planning on sharing this experience as i cant believe this has happened to me. Knowing that you have amazing black role models supporting your brand such as Anthony,Little mix ect but i can be racially attacked by your staff? I have made any tweets yet but i will be making my followers aware of this and want to know how sports direct are going to deal with this?

THE RESPONSE FROM SPORTS DIRECT:

Template message -

Thank you for your email.

I was very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction at the service received from our store. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise and to also thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, as it provides us with first hand impressions of areas in which we need to improve our service and training, either locally or nation-wide. Our relationship with our customers is usually excellent, so I am very concerned about your perception of the service you have received.

We strive to achieve the highest levels of service and it is of great concern to us when these levels are not met, like in this instance. Our standards have evidently not been met and this is not the level of service we would wish any customer to receive.

We expect the highest standard of the customer service from all of our employees and were very sorry to learn of this incident. I can confirm that the Security Company that we used at the time is no longer working in that store, we have a new Company covering them.

We are investigating this as a matter of priority and will be taking the appropriate steps. As a matter of course, we will ensure that employees of our store receive additional training, to avoid anything like this from happening again.

I would like to reassure you that your comments have been passed on to the Area Manager responsible as we take all feedback, whether positive or negative, very seriously. Our staff undergo a comprehensive training programme, which generally results in excellent levels of customer service and a strong relationship with our customers, but I can only apologise if we fell short in this instance.

Once again, let me assure you that your comments are valuable to us.

Kind regards,

Tanya

Customer Services

DO NOT BUY FROM SPORTS DIRECT!! THE MOST RASICT COMPANY I HAVE EVER SPENT MY MONEY IN.

2018-06-02

Incorrect sizing and awful returns process

"Incorrect sizing and awful returns process. Do no use this company they don't use US sizes and if they provide the wrong size you have to pay for the return shipping to the UK."

2018-05-23

Con artists - AVOID!!!

"I made an order for 2 items for my son ... I bought them and paid for next day delivery online. A few hours later (after I'd gone to bed) I received an email telling me they had canceled one of the items in my order ... no option to accept or cancel the order ... the item remaining was a tshirt that cost less than the next day delivery. I have phoned and emailed over 20 times now and they still won't accept any responsibility and are telling me that I have to pay the return postage if I want to return the item. This company has a terrible reputation for a reason. They have lost all of my future business due to their downright shady practices. "

2018-05-15

Awful products

"I ordered some trainers and when I got them, one shoe was discoloured and the other was white. If your ordering shoes then go to the store, don’t order online. "

2018-05-15

good

"After reading all of your comments, I was deeply scared that I wouldn't receive my order in time, or that I might get something different to what I ordered, or that I wouldn't receive my order at all; nothing to worry about, I received my parcel which I ordered with standard delivery, which usually takes 5-7 working days, to my nearest sports direct branch, they received it today, 3 days after I ordered it! The products are the same I purchased and everything seems alright, thank you Sports Direct!"

2018-05-09

Careful!

"This is not Amazon or Walmart! This firm is UK based ( in spite of the name sportsDirect US) and returns are on your nickel and COSTLY!"

2018-05-04

Worst “customer service” ever! Or should I say none at all?

"Made the mistake of buying there, and got a racquet in-store that I did’t use. Upon trying to return it, they refused to refund me in cash despite I had bought another racquet from them, so I got a credit note instead. I used the credit note online and paid for the items with the credit note and I paid for the next-day delivery service in cash as well. Goods arrived later than the deadline, and I was sent shoes in the wrong size. Went to store to try and exchange them. THREE floor people were unable to give me clear instructions as to 1. where, and 2. how to exchange an item in store (apparently you need to pick items first and then go to the till). Got to the till and they wanted to charge for the goods, to which I pointed that I was only exchanging them because they had made a mistake in the first place. They “explained” (with the worst attitude I have ever seen in a customer facing rep) that they are not related and had no responsibility, that the goods they sell online are priced differently because it is in fact another “warehouse” company, and that if I wanted an exchange without being charged for it (silly me!) I should then send the items back to the warehouse and hope for the best. Saddest part is that if I just want a refund I will just get another bl**dy voucher, an idea which I absolutely dread. Every single contact I have had with this company has been awful, and they feel so entitled because they have essentially locked your money in, that they just not give a care. Floor people don’t make the minimum effort to be helpful (one-worded answers are apparently acceptable) and they just resort to their precanned “company policies” lines every time just to send you off. No wonder why this company is at the verge of bankruptcy. They treat customers like scum. Avoid at all costs. I would give zero stars if I could."

2018-04-30

Mickey Mouse company

"I wish I had read the reviews for this company before i bought anything from them, bought online and the shoes too small , so after paying for delivery I notice that I would have to pay to return them, tried ringing the store (Trafford Retail ) waste of time, all you get is a recorded message, Has this company ever been reported to Trading Standards? if not then it is time someone did."

2018-04-17

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS !!!

"I ordered 2 orders of underwear. 1 came wrong color, and 1 wasn't the same materials listed so they were too small and not what I would've ordered if they listed them correctly. Then they gave me a very hard time to return, never gave me shipping info. for return shipping and then played shady games with me, saying that I wouldn't work with the shipper to send the products back so they would no longer help me. I would never buy from these unprofessional scumbags ever again and no-one else should either !"

2018-04-16

Worst company ever

"Placed order which took 10 days and still never received anything, contacted them to be told they will get courier to return goods and once returned it would take 14 days for refund. so thats 24+ days from paying for the goods to eventually if i am lucky to get a refund. Reported to trading standards"

2018-04-02

two ítems not coming in the bag. Bad experience, DO NOT BUY in sportsdirect

" It was a big surprise to open the bag, and see that one Adidas polo Shirt, and another POLO were not there.
I report immediately to the company, and add pictures as requested.
They promised to came up with a solution. But they never did it.
I spent money twice, as those missing items were Xmas gifts.
Now after 4 months, they said that nothing could be done.
Do Not waste time and money, avoid SPORTSDIRECT.

Share Sportsdirect's store rating