Stores > SonicElectronix
  • SonicElectronix

6:00am - 9:00pm Mon-Fri PST, 8:00am-7:00pm Sat & Sun, Closed on National Holidays
      1-877-289-7664

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.82/10 3.82/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.29/10 5.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.68/10 2.68/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.64/10 3.64/10
Voice your opinion! Review SonicElectronix by clicking a star below.
2017-12-05

Special order

"Most of the items I have ordered came with no issue. I ordered a stealthbox that was a special order and they stated it may take a couple weeks which I was fine with. Unfortunately I was finally given a shipping tracking number and it has stated that the item has been processed awaiting ups for over a week. I sent an e-mail and called and never received a call back. It was my understanding that once a shipping label is created that means it is ready to be shipped. If it is still on backorder it would be nice to atleast get some sort of update or a call back. That way I can cancel and order through another vendor if necessary."

2017-12-04

Reviews are true, NO customer service!!

"Ordered a stereo for my moms birthday and it's been over a week, item says it's processed but UPS still haven't received the item. I thought maybe something is holding it up so I tried, emailing multiple times, called multiple times at different days and times. I don't know how you run a business with no way of reaching anybody!!!! This is ridiculous! I should've bought from Amazon instead!!! Please don't waste your time with this company!!"

Rep reply posted Dec-05-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We will be in contact with you soon to resolve this issue. ”

2017-12-01

Customer service is a small town in Wisconson with out phone, mail, or internet service

"I ordered a pioneer double din stereo that came with a dash kit and wiring, I wanted a black dash kit, but gray was only offered in the package but I ordered it anyway. Then I e-mailed them that I wanted a black one. I would pay any additional cost. The gray one arrived in the shipment. I tried to call them and they said they were installing a new phone system and that e-mail was best. After looking at the reviews, they have been beating this dead horse for quite some time. Tried calling again. Each time I called I was told that I was from 4 to 20 inline for service. I wish I would have bought from another distributer. I ordered the black kit from Best Buy, I can't wait for months so they can answer me. RUNN away from Sonic as fast as you can. It seems they only contact customers after they get a SH***Y review. What a P-poor company. They say "we're here to help" BULLS**T! Never again "

Rep reply posted Dec-01-2017

“Hello,

We are glad we resolved this issue with you. We hope to continue doing business with you in the future!”

2017-11-17

Customer service non existant

"Ordered 2 sets of speakers one would not work for my application so I am trying to send back one set. I have tried to call several times and left Call back number with no calls back yet after 2 days of waiting, sent an email no response yet, sent a support claim no response again after 2 days. I don't care what kind of transition you are goin through you dont run a business like this. If you cant take care of your customers stop taking more orders. I will be contacting the BBB and contacting PayPal about payments through this company. Warning just buy your equipment elsewhere even if it cost. Little more you will be more happy in the long run. Their slogan says on there website "Were legit", you are most defiantly not! "

Rep reply posted Nov-21-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We deeply apologize for this inconvenience. We have taken care of the request. We hope everything has been taken care of. ”

2017-11-10

No contact

"Multiple phone calls, emails, nothing works to simply get an R.A. number to return an item. They will not return calls or emails. What's next.....consumer complaints? Update: received refund."

Rep reply posted Nov-14-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We have just given you a call to resolve this issue. In the mean time it looks like the RA has been approved. We will call you later to make sure everything has been resolved. ”

2017-10-18

defective product // returns held hostage

"ordered a defective JL audio DSP , unit would not power despite JL audio technicians trouble shooting methods. after multiple, complicated , lengthy and challenging attempts to return the product to sonic electronix as the, jl audio staff recommended, i found success, so i thought. upon the receipt of my product sonic electronix stated that my unit was not defective that it was a user install error. they stated they will get back to me. 18 days later they contact me stating that they cannot meet their return policy because the unit is not defective and that they will send back my unit to me only when i pay them a 40$ fee for shipping and inspecting. otherwise they stay with my product and I am out $331 . why would anyone pay to receive a defective product when you refuse to fulfill the basic responsibilities of a official authorized seller. In my 10 years of car audio experience i have never experienced such belligerent professionalism. if you find yourself reading this, please avoid a potential disaster, hopefully my bank will be able to help. "

Rep reply posted Oct-19-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We only request the testing fee when a product returned to us that is in working condition that was deemed defective. This takes up time and money from our warehouse and we need to have a fee in order to recuperate the funds. We will be looking into this and contacting you to resolve. ”

2017-10-03

Held my radio hostage until I paid for them to look at it.

"I ordered a $140 in-dash radio and installed it. The display was dim even when in the garage. I tried everything in the manual to get it brighter but nothing helped. I contacted the customer service department and was told to send it to them and they would take a look at it for me. He suggested several radios that would be similar to the bad one and I sent the radio to them. One week later I get an email that said the radio checked out fine and that I need to pay them $40.00 for them to ship it back and the cost for looking at it. At no time did they mention that there would be a cost for them to "look" at it. If I would have known that I wouldn't have sent it back. I assured them that there must be something wrong with it and that I wouldn't go through all of this just for the heck of it. They said that is their policy and that was that. These are the last people you should buy anything from they have NO respect for their customers. Since then I have looked at the Kenwood KMM-BT515HD on Google and the complaints are in the hundreds for having a display that is unreadable in other than complete darkness. I am going to the local Best Buy and pick out a simple radio and I am done with it.

Rep reply posted Oct-05-2017

“Hello,

We have looked into this order for you and everything has been successfully resolved, we will be sending the product soon.”

2017-09-14

****

"I bought a Indash from there that wouldn't work in my vehicle after tellIng me it would. I send it back in to get my money back, which I was granted a RA, they wouldn't return my money and made me pay $10 shipping to get it back. I've called their phone for 2 weeks and the samr thing keeps being said. I cant talk to anyone, it makes you request a call back and i havent received one call back. **** would be an understatement. I wouldn't recommend buying from these crooks.."

Rep reply posted Sep-15-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We apologize for this inconvenience, we are currently processing your return now. ”

2017-08-09

Disgusted

"One of the worst experience I have had with a company, in my lifetime they are dishonest, untrustworthy, and have one of these worst customer service, or customer support system. They send the wrong things make you believe your wrong and never get back to you wen you request a refund on a product. "

Rep reply posted Aug-29-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We make sure every customer received the correct product and we make sure they enjoy their product after purchase. We will be looking into your order in hopes of resolving this issue.”

2017-08-01

Forget about talking to a real person.

"Terrible company! Ordered a 5 channel amp that arrived in a box that was clearly opened before. Amp did not work and attempted 13 calls, 4 emails, and 2 online contact forms. Never received correspondence or call back. Submitted a return authorization which was approved surprisingly. Paid for return shipping but there was no receipt for this transaction so had trouble requesting return shipping credit back from Paypal. Few days later, I receive an email saying that my item was a special order and they would not refund, only a replacement would be sent out. Nowhere on the item page does it state it is a special order item. Ended up filing a dispute with Paypal to recover funds and rejected replacement item through UPS. Had to pay for return shipping another time for an item I did not want. This has been the worst experience I've had with such a 'great' company."

Rep reply posted Aug-02-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We have been working with your order extensively. We have issued a return authorization for the second product you received in hopes to resolve this issue. ”

2017-07-19

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE !!

"Tried for 2 days to order some amplifiers on the so called call back called me 2 days later already purchased from another store will not be purchasing anything from them ever !!"

Rep reply posted Jul-19-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We apologize for the inconvenience of waiting for such a long time. We have recently switched over to a new phone system and we are working on that getting adjusted as quickly as we can. We will attempt to resolve this issue with you. ”

2017-07-18

customer service is a horror

"I purchased and Planet Audio P9649BRC, after installation the bluetooth doesn't work.
I called for support and no answer, left message with phone # for return call and got no call back. Write an email for support and get no respond.
After the review. Sonicelectronix took it to the next level and resolved the matter. I hope that they will maintain this level of customers service.

Rep reply posted Jul-18-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“Thank you for speaking with us today, we are glad we got everything resolved. ”

2017-07-18

Never Again

"Placed order on 6/28/17 and as of 7/18/17 order is still processing. Never will I order from them again"

Rep reply posted Jul-18-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“We are currently looking into this. It appears the product you ordered is a special order item. We will be contacting you soon to resolve this issue. ”

2017-07-17

Awesome Experience

"Sonic Electronix went above and beyond the necessary requirements of an ecommerce shop. The product I purchased arrived promptly and when I had a question about the install I was able to call in and speak with a professional direct.

I highly recommend shopping at Sonic Electronix!!

2017-07-14

Crooks

"Bought an item that was defective. It took a week and several calls to obtain a RMA. Return it and 2 weeks later and nearly a dozen emails and numerous calls, no refund yet. They don't return emails and their phones are always busy. This company is a scam. I had to put a claim with my credit card company. I hope it works. I'm out $300. Please stay clear of these crooks. "

Rep reply posted Jul-17-2017

A rep from SonicElectronix, SonicElectronix, has responded

“As we have already stated your refund has already been processed. Please let us know if you need anything. ”

Share SonicElectronix's store rating

SonicElectronix is a Merchant Member! Learn more

SonicElectronix is a merchant member
SonicElectronix participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,474 merchant members.