Stores > SkinStore.com
  • SkinStore.com

Voice your opinion! Review SkinStore.com by clicking a star below.
2018-01-12

Worst experience = how is this company in business?

"I ignored the countless terrible reviews only due to needing some items urgently and assuming them being one state away and assuring timely delivery was worth the risk. Sadly, mistaken.

They claim they dispatch packages within a day - false. My order was stuck in some ridiculous 'fetching stock' status for over 2 days. Apparently, their warehouse is on a different planet.
It then has taken 2 additional days for the package to be handed over to some unheard of courier. Note its day 4 and the item hasn't actually shipped at this point. Meanwhile, the order was promised to be delivered to me by this date.
In 3 days, I have left them 3 messages and haven't gotten a single reply from their "customer service". When I finally got a hold of someone via online chat and explained that I needed the order for a trip and that the estimated arrival date is way passed what was promised and the date of the trip, there was no apology. When asked, what happens with the package when no one's around to receive it and that the courier will just leave it at the door, the response was "no refund since package isn't returned".

So you're telling me you will be a week later than promised and will charge me for something that's going to sit outside my door (and eventually stolen) because no one is around to return it? BS!

2017-11-07

Was Disastrous / Now Repaired

"EDIT: 30th November 2017

Perhaps I was a little harsh.
Having savaged The Hut Group in several reviews following the debacle of my first order with them, I have to say I'm quietly impressed with the efforts they've gone to, to turn it around.
Even though I may never have heard from them had I not lodged such a scathing review, I guess that's the whole point of the review system; for companies to try to make amends for a bad shopping experience, and to learn from it. (And for those companies who don't, or who aren't interested in making amends, well, let the review stand, and it will ultimately be to their detriment).
If a company makes sincere and genuine efforts to right the wrongs then I have to give credit where credit’s due. I had my own ideas on how they could turn a negative into a positive, and they went above and beyond even my own expectations, so full points to them for that.
They contacted me by email and directly by phone, damaged products were quickly replaced and they offered a store credit to use for a future purchase.
In hindsight perhaps it was just bad timing. My order was placed shortly before a change of ownership (moving from an Australian-base to a U.K. base) and having been through two corporate mergers myself, I know those first weeks and months can be chaotic.
I still think The Hut Group should slow down on the acquisitions front until they get their own house in order, but it appears that's happening. The replacement items were received within just a few days and my only complaint is that they could have been more securely packed. Other than that the second experience couldn't have been more different to the first.
For their follow-up efforts I'm willing to give them another go.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: 7th November 2017

The Skin Store and The Skincare Store are both owned by The Hut Group in the U. K.
They've been on a buy-up frenzy throughout this year voraciously taking over and acquiring 100 smaller brands - just in 2017 alone.
Many of those brands were started by people passionate about what they do and who would've worked really hard for many years to make their brand a success.
After being acquired by the Hut Group, their names are being dragged through the mud.
RY.com.au were one such brand. They had previously been a very successful hair and beauty products company based in Australia and New Zealand.
In about August of this year (2017) they were taken over by The Hut Group and their previously stellar reputation for prompt delivery and excellent customer service has been trashed beyond redemption.
If I was the previous owners of any of these brands I would be furious.
The Hut Group seem to be giddy with their own power and have been taking over smaller brands left, right and centre - ESPA, Illamasqua and Glossy Box among the latest. The Skin Store/Skincare Store//Look Fantastic Group and Facial Co also come under their umbrella.
Unfortunately their voracious appetite to acquire other smaller brands is where their ambition stops. They have no appetite for anything further than the acquisition itself (and beating their own chests about it).
The simple - and fundamental - process of putting together an order and sending it out seems to be beyond them.
They are having massive problems even just fulfilling and dispatching an order - let alone providing complaints resolution (or even just BASIC Customer Service).
They hide behind an almost impenetrable technology wall, fobbing off enquiries to “live chat” or the “contact us” page (neither of which work or are ever responded to).
IF you can eventually navigate the maze that is their automated phone system, you'll go through to the U. K. who must be under strict instructions to Never Ever EVER agree to a refund, no matter what.
I placed my first (and ONLY) order via RY on the 30th June 2017. No less than 16 emails and 5 irate international phone calls later, and I FINALLY received my order (sent from The Skin Store) a full 4 MONTHS after it was placed (and still missing a product with no invoice, no apology and no explanation of IF, or WHEN I could expect to see the missing product).
They advertise and accept payment for orders of products they KNOW are out of stock, to stop you buying from someone else. Then will tell you anything to appease you, get you off their backs and cover their own tracks.
The Hut Group is on a drunken power trip.
I'd suggest before ordering from ANY new website (particularly for beauty products) that you first check to make sure the brand is NOT one of theirs. As I said they've acquired 100 new brands just in 2017 alone, and seem to be focused on the beauty products market - so the chances are fairly high, and you may regret it.

2017-08-10

The Most Dishonest Company We Have Ever Worked With!!!

"We are a former vendor (skincare brand) for Skinstore. We no longer ship to them because of the terrible customer service they provide. They do not pay their bills in full and give us the same run around to resolve the situation that they do to their retail customers. Because of this we stopped doing business with them/shipping product to them prior to 2017. We are pretty sure they are out of stock of our products but they still advertise them as available!!! Not sure how they are doing this....my guess is that they are letting customers order our product and then not send the order!! Or, after reading these reviews I see that in some cases they let the customer order the product and after the customer has paid for the product advise them the product is out of stock and suggest they purchase something else. What makes this practice even worse is that they are deeply discounting our products only to lure the customer into purchasing products that they do not have as a way to bait the customer. Only after the customer has been baited do they advise the customer they cannot fulfill the order and direct them to purchase some other brand at full price. We strongly recommend that you DO NOT purchase anything from this company!!!!

2017-08-07

Not anymore

"I used to buy from SkinStore without any issues (luckily for me), but after this botched recent purchase, I'm never going back.

They sent me the wrong products - stuff I never ordered. I had to scramble around to find an email for after sales support, and after much navigating was finally able to leave a message. It was a Friday so I had to wait until the weekend was over before finally hearing back. And the advice was completely useless. I'd already figured out from the FAQ that you needed to provide them with a receipt to show the cost of the return postage, so I cut to the chase and asked them to confirm the address I ought to be shipping the items back to. I got a reply that basically reiterated whatever was said on the FAQ and ignored completely the questions I had in my message. Such a lot of back and forth after that because the staff replying to my messages forgot to attach the Returns Form, etc etc. I noted that whoever they had on staff attending to customer's messages, NEVER READS them properly - they appear to just skip through the words and scan for stuff they WANT to see rather than really figure out what customers want. I had one of them tell me she was unable to locate the cost of the return of the items DESPITE A VERY CLEAR PHOTO I had attached of the costs! Unbelievable. It's been OVER A MONTH and I still haven't got these costs refunded. I'm never going back to them and I urge everyone to find alternative online stores.

2017-07-29

SkinStore.com -- A company cheating customers to buy with free gift. Will never buy again and prepare for a lawsuit for them

"I ordered some products from SkinStore.com for its discount and free gifts on Jun 10th. After a week waiting, I received the products but found the most valuable free gifts were cancelled by them. I contacted their customer service for why, but I was told that their free gifts have run out!!!
WTF, one of the reason I ordered the products was just for the free gift. It was so called free gift, but actually I paid for it for their promotion. Their way of promoting just cheating, showing your some valuable free gift but cancel it after you place the order. They are so bad for their cheating way. I will not allow them to do this again to others customers so I decided to give them a lawsuit. If there is anybody got same issue with SkinStore before, please contact me. Thanks!

2017-07-29

My order never arrived. Scam

"My order never arrived. It seems that they have never shipped it or that it got lost somehow. And now over a month after my order, I’m stuck with the support-team at Skinstore that are just seems to manage emails instead of either resend my products or do a refund.
I cannot recommend buying from Skinstore.com

2017-05-06

Rip off

"My Husband had a poor experience and a large Elemis Gift set "Jewells of the Sea" which, never arrived for my birthday. After chasing the first time we received a small free gift of testers and were advised time and time again there was a lead time due to stock issues. 10 weeeks later we were then told the item had been delivered which, it had not. Despite going through the correct proceedures and proving we have not recieved the item Skin Store have taken no action yet, were quick to take the money!! 3-months later no product and out of pocket which, I understand is common place. I hope Skin Store gets the karma it deserves and goes into liquidation after all of the people they continue to rip off. Poor ethics, customer service and working practices. Should be ashamed!!!
Marie Brandon, London England

2017-03-14

Fraudulent online shopping site- beware!

"They have charged me £10.50 for delivery without warning and then refused cancellation when the item was still showing as dispatched despite their returns policy. On the live chat "Becka" wouldn't answer why the item is still showing as processing when she is claiming it is dispatched. Thiis was all done within 5 minutes of me putting the order! She kept saying the same things over and over again refusing to answer any of my questions.; Apparently I now have to return this item to them in order to get my money back so pay £20+ for nothing. This is not honest business. Stay away!"

2016-12-24

skinstore.com = fraud

"I live in Panama. After searching online for a good peeling, I decided to try Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Medi-spa. When I contacted Dr. Dennis Gross to purchase directly from them, they told me they dont ship to Panama and recommended me to buy from SkinStore.com. What a big mistake to trust their recommendation! Never again I will buy Dr. Dennis Gross products, neither from skinstore.com. When I placed my order, I selected the tracked shipment option but never received a tracking number. I requested the tracking number by email and their answer was that there is no tracking number. Really....? Am I supposed to believe that a company would ship merchandise worth $100 to a foreign country without a tracking number? What kind of company is this? That sounds like they never sent my package and that is why there is no tracking number. They apologized for not "sending a tracked package" and refunded the shipping charges but what about the rest of my money??? I was supposed to receive the package by December 19th, then they changed it to the 20th. It is December 25th and no product yet. I requested a full refund if they dont deliver by the 28th and also for not shipping as requested (tracked) but denied my request saying that they will give me no refund but investigate about the shipment instead. What a fraud!!! I have contacted them at least 3 times, every time they apologize but do nothing to help you, it is all blah, blah, blah while they keep your money and you get nothing in return, that sounds like stealing to me. And Dr. Dennis Gross: you should be ashamed of yourself for recommending this deceiving company and for allowing them to resell your products.

I just checked another review website where many unsatisfied customers complain about skinstore and this customer rep from skinstore named "Lizzie" keeps posting messages saying they will resolve these issues. Lizzie: you can post all you want, people will not believe your false intentions.

Dont ever buy from skinstore.com!

Update: After rejecting my request for a refund, they decided later on to give me my money back. They requested I filled out a form, sign it and email it. I hope they do not use regular mail service again to send shipments to countries like mine. This is not the U.S., skinstore..

2016-12-21

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

"I ordered a product on November 27th and I still do not receive the item. After a dozen a calls to complain I was told they did not have the product in their warehouse and were awaiting to get it, which is a real lack of decency because when I made the purchase it was posted as AVAILABLE. On Dec. 9 after another dozen of calls they informed it was shipped to me BUT today Dec. 22 I still do not receive it. Every time I call I get only apoligies from the customer service that do not help and no one is able to say me any date.
I have gone through a nightmare with this company, they already charged in my credit card and the reason I am writing this review it to make customers aware that if they chose this company, they will have a terrible experience. This is NOT the kind of business that I am used to receive from any company in today's market, this is totally unnaceptable.

2016-12-13

Empty Unsealed Product!!

" I have been a customer for years, but hadn't ordered in awhile. They obviously have been sold!! I ordered a Caudalie travel kit with 5 items in it. Three of the 5 items were unsealed and one was EMPTY!!!! I called customer service, they were polite and offered me a refund of $8. That doesn't help me get the product and I don't trust the rest of the pieces, so in the trash they go! I'll have to go through my credit card company to dispute the charge. I used to love this company!"

2016-12-12

Waste of money and time - stir clear!

"After trolling the internet for quality products, I thought I'd try Dr Dennis Gross which are wonderfully advertised by SkinStore...
After a terrible reaction, I immediately stopped using the products and emailed SkinStore for a refund as I'd spent over £ 100.00 on what ended up to be terrible products.
I've since spent the last month trying to get any sort of reply from this company and was told on more than one occasion to send photos or a doctors letter - it's ridiculous!
I still have had NO refund OR a collection of the products - I only managed a week of use so the products are almost full but still, no help from their "Customer Service".
ONLY order if you are 100% sure the product suits you as getting any sort of refund or real service is non existent from this company...
It's now been 6 days since I emailed them and nothing back.

Order at your own will

2016-09-10

No complaints: great discount, fast shipping

"I ordered 2 Clarisonic Mia 2's with a 40% off coupon on 7/23/16. My order 'dispatched' 7/23 and it was at my door in Philadelphia, PA on 7/28
I almost didn't order after checking the rating here but decided to risk it since I've been wanting these for myself and my daughter for awhile but the prices never seemed to come down enough and I couldn't beat the price with coupon anywhere else.
I can't attest to their customer service since I had no issues at all so I didn't need to contact them.
Shipping was free and much faster than I had expected, literally 5 full days to get to me and I placed the order on the weekend.
They accept PayPal for easy checkout which is another plus.
My only gripe is I can't seem to find what the exclusions are on a coupon code on their website today.

2016-09-02

Does not stand behind the products it sells

"Does not stand behind the products it sells -
I have been a customer of Skin Store for many, many years. However, it seems to have been bought out by a company in the UK. I never had a problem before with Skin Store standing behind their products or its customer service. But since the new management, they do not accept returns (which is NOT clearly stated or easily found on the website) and after trying to contact by phone for days during stated business hours (getting a message telling me to call back) I finally got to speak with a customer service rep who did not resolve the problem. I had to file a complaint with VISA to resolve the issue. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!

2016-07-11

Extremely Poor Service

"I ordered cosmetics on June 6, received someone else's order 2 weeks later. I emailed the company using the e-mail address provided on my order confirmation receipt. This e-mail address is inactive. With some difficulty, I tracked down the company which is located in England, called The Hut Group. We exchanged e-mails back and forth, they wanted an order number which I quoted from my order confirmation. Received several e-mails from different agents over several days indicating it is the wrong order number. Then they wanted pictures of the items I received. I erroneously thought this would expedite the process. Wrong!! I sent pictures of the wrong products and a copy of the packing slip that had the name of someone in Toronto and a copy of the e-mail they sent me with the order number. Another e-mail came, they did not receive the attachments. I resent using a different method and they received it. Then they wanted a quote on how much it would cost to return the items. I was not going to make 2 trips to the Post office, one for a quote and one to ship. I shipped the items back to somewhere in the USA and indicated by e-mail that I have shipped them based on their instructions and the cost of shipping. Four days ago I received an e-mail from the Hut Group indicating that they need a number to contact me so they can refund me. I e-mailed my phone number and still waiting for my refund!!! In the meantime, I ordered the products from Amazon and received them in 2 days. It's been almost 1 1/2 months I have ordered products from this company, no products received and I am out of pocket. One star review is very high!!!
J. Koven

Share SkinStore.com's store rating

SkinStore.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

SkinStore.com is not a merchant member
SkinStore.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!