Stores > Sierra Trading Post
  • Sierra Trading

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Sierra Trading Post by clicking a star below.
2017-11-19

Never sign up for mailings. You cannot unsubscribhe. They ignore you and keep sending their SPAM!

"YOU **** like there is no Gravity!"

2017-11-17

Beware if you return something - always check your CC for credit

"I've been a customer for years. Recently returned some unused stuff. I requested my that my credit card be credited. Checking later no credit. When I look at my account history the return is listed and it says "Redeemed" I never got credit of any kind so I ring them up and they have no explanation but say they will now credit my CC card w/ email confirmation - no email confirmation and no CC credit so far but will keep on it. "

2017-11-14

My First Online Bait and Switch

"I ordered a $24.99 fleece from Sierra Trading Post the other day, got a confirmation, and all seemed fine.
This morning I got an email saying my order was cancelled. The only explanation was “Items Not Available.”
This raises the question… why was it on their site, and why was the order confirmed if it’s not available?
This afternoon I got another email from Sierra Trading Post offering fleeces priced from $49.99 to $119.99 – two to five times the price of what I originally ordered.
That’s called bait and switch. It ****. And now I think Sierra Trading Post does, too.

2017-11-10

Two times Order Fail

"First time using this company. Attempted to purchase Sperry Leewards in size 9.5M. They sent 9.0M. I called, arranged a return and reorder only to find out 2 days later that the order had been cancelled. Upon contact with STP, I was told that the product was no longer in stock but they would send a gift card. It will likely go unused since it is difficult to do business with a company like this. "

2017-11-04

horrible return policy

"My very first experience with sierra trading post, I purchased 2 jackets and a pair of sunglasses. The jackets were fleece material. Got to my car and put the sunglasses on and the side ear piece fell off. Shocked but thought I would take them back another day.
Wore the black jacket to work about about two weeks later, on the way I discovered the jacket was loosing its fleece all over my clothes. got to work and my shirt was destroyed. I live 50 miles from the store, so it was about two weeks before I could take back return. Could not find my receipt. So I asked for store credit, one jacket still had tags on it. They said no return without being registered in their email system. Upon purchase no one asked for email. Used a debit card and the manager said it does not matter. I`m out $50.00 and sierra Trading post lost several customers. Went home and tore the receipt box apart and found the receipt. I`m taking these back and I will never shop there again. If they do not take items back with receipt I will contact the better business bureau.

2017-10-30

Buyer Beware

"I purchased Merrel hiking shoes, the same size as previously ordered from other retailers, and they did not fit. An exchange would be made with a 2.95 shipping each way plus a 2.95 exchange fee, another 8.85. I decided to return the shoes and they do not refund the shipping 9.95, tax on shipping, .70 and they also charge 6.95 for the return. All told I am out 17.60 for shoes that didn't fit. Go elsewhere unless you are 100% confident in the size.
I will go back to Zappos and REI. It may cost me a little more, but it won't cost me anything if I need an exchange or return.
Buyer beware with Sierra Trading Post!

2017-10-19

Terrible experience

"There was only one stall in the men's bathroom, and i had to wait 20 minutes for a staff member to leave behind a mess. Right after I sat down, he turned the lights off on me, so i had to feel around a pitch black bathroom to leave."

2017-10-10

What happened to STP?

"I have been ordering from STP for years. All of a sudden they started canceling my orders. No notification and no explanation. When I emailed them they said it was due to my credit card. I placed another order and had it shipped to my billing. Again no notification. I emailed and they said the same thing so I called. They said it was a credit card issue. I ask the rep for more detail. She talked to a "specialist" and they said my account was flagged and I could no longer order. She was very friendly but had no information or justification. They lost a good customer. "

2017-05-17

This hating is ridiculous

"First of all, let me state up front that I have been an avid shopper with Sierra Trading Post for about 20 years. The deals and selection were WAY BETTER before TJ Maxx acquired them, and that is definitely true. I used to get 35% off plus free shipping on everything, and the return policy was 365 days! That was outrageous, and customers like me took full advantage of these absurd deals. When TJ Maxx bought it, I knew the site would be more TJMaxx-like and it is. The deals are weaker, you have to spend more for free shipping, and the inventory is way down, missing the high-end jems that luxury discount stores (most of which have gone out of business) had in the early 2000s. Times have changed. This is still a strong company with great customer service for my needs. I buy a ton, keep about 25% - 50% of what I order, then send everything back at once (within 90 days). While there is less inventory, it is curated better (less crap--the old site had a TON of garbage), and the deals are still better than competitors like those we all know. If you're a discount shopper and you like outdoor activities, this is still an awesome place to get deals."

2017-04-13

Defective but no return

"I have been a fan of Sierra for a while...I have had reasonably good luck with products. I have had a few instances of sole of shoes not being assembled or glued properly. ...they have always respon def and resolved my concerns...no matter how old products were. I bought a pair of HI tec ladies hiking boots for my girlfriend used less than a dozen times over the years. The cleats attached to sole of shoe just started peeling off. The shoes look like almost new. I contacted STP as I have when I had issue prior to this and was told they could do nothing. Their return policy has changed. So unless you are going to wear something within 90 days of purchase , day I and day out....
Be aware they will not accept a return even if clearly defective. I will have to look elsewhere to find similar products with a better policy for defective items.

2017-02-14

Terrific Online Store

"I am still young but have been a customer with Sierra Trading Post (online) for years now. They have always been great to me, especially recently when they were willing to resolve a problem that they could have blamed me for after I did not read the fine print. Superb customer service. Thank you, STP."

2016-12-26

Acquisition destruction

"In the mid 1980's, was my first visit to an unassuming outdoor products liquidator in Sparks, NV. a few years later Sierra Trading Post re-located its operations to Cheyenne. Over the years many thousands of dollars were sent. STP fit my lifestyle and budget. Two years ago they opened a retail site in Greenwood Village. My first experience there was lousy. For two years I boycotted STP from that experience. Last week STP received another try. The results were problematic. A simple sizing exchange could be an excellent training exercise for circus animals. One may not do returns or exchanges at the store where the product is purchased. One must sent the products to Cheyenne. They them require the customer to purchase the correct size. An instant credit is issued when the incorrect sized product is received. One must the use this credit within ten days for other merchandise.
A few years back TJX, aka TJMaxx, acquired STP. What is very obvious is that TJX does not value customer loyalty and customer goodwill. As in many acquisitions, the acquiring company does care what is destroyed to attain corporate greed.
Be very careful with any purchase. When returns and exchangers are this difficult, choosing a retailer that values the customer.

2016-11-17

Chinese shoes

"I ordered shoes, when I got them they didn't fit because they weren't a American equal size, so now I have to pay for a exchange or return.
This is my last dealing with them

2016-11-15

Horrendous Customer Service

"Okay, so back in October 2016, I found a nice Carhartt jacket for my boyfriend at a reasonable price, shipping wasn't terrible, it arrived via UPS as scheduled, we open it and only to our dismay , it's too large, so we repackaged into the box and placed the shipping label to return, 10 days later I get an email that it's been received and a full refund will be submitted minus the return shipping, 7-10 business days later and no refund in my bank account, contacted C.S. and they said oh it is a paper check being mailed bc you used Google shopping, it is now Nov and still no check, so I call Google as instructed by STP, 1 hour later they tell me that STP received the funds and they are responsible for issuing them back. Called STP, after a long description of what all I've been through, they still have no idea what is going on there were "notations" on my account saying a check should be issued but never was, so now I have been told to wait 2 hours for them to call me back till the ONLY person that knows how to handle this is available! Then if they can figure it out, I'll have a reduction check sent out in 7-10 business days for 10$ less than what they were paid bc I returned it. Do not order from this company unless you know exactly what you are looking for, and most definitely avoid the ignorant customer service individuals. Sierra Trading Post you need to better train your CSR , every one I've delt with has little to no no knowledge of how to handle my situation "

2016-09-19

Killer deals great customer service

"I have been shopping with Sierra trading for about a decade now.
Incredible deals, and even better customer service.
Returns are never a hassle. Contact the company and I always receive quick, complete and courteous responses.
Shipping is lightning fast.
Website can be fussy at times, and info in items may not be complete, but often able to get info on manufacturer sites and or contacting customer service,

Share Sierra Trading Post's store rating

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sierra Trading Post is not a merchant member
Sierra Trading Post does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!