shipsmart.com

Shipping & packaging: 9.17/10
Customer service: 7.50/10
Return/Replacement policy: 6.88/10
2015-10-13

"Good company for a small move. Anastasia was especially helpful in ensuring that my service went smoothly. Thank you. "

2015-10-02

"I used Ship Smart to transport my belongings from Boston, MA to Los Angeles, CA. The personnel courteous and attentive to my questions and needs at every step in the process. The pricing of the shipping was also very fair and my belongings arrived in immaculate condition. If I need to move again, Ship Smart will be the first people I contact! "

2015-09-12

"My experience with Ship Smart was great. I moved from Ohio to Oregon with only a couple hundred pounds worth of stuff (no furniture) to move. I was quoted a very reasonable price (it was the cheapest option I could find) and I was charged more or less that exact amount once my stuff was weighed. Everything arrived on time (within 4 weeks as I was told) and everything was packed extremely well, with nothing broken or damaged. I would definitely recommend this company, and might use them again in the future!"

2015-09-11

"Ship Smart is a terrific company to work with! I highly recommend them and will definitely use their service again in the future if needed. I had a piece of furniture shipped, which arrived quickly and undamaged. Furthermore, their staff was friendly and helpful. If you need furniture shipped, choose Ship Smart!"

2015-08-11

" Re: Ship Smart

We recently used Ship Smart to send a large grouping of items from New Jersey to the Naples/Bonita Springs, Florida. We looked at this as being a complicated move with pick-ups at two New Jersey locations (our home and a storage warehouse) and two drop points in Florida (private home and a warehouse). To further complicate things there were numerous valuable, over sized pictures, that needed to be packed very carefully by Ship Smart. This complicated move included mattresses, cartons, delicate resin pieces, pictures, etc.
One of our concerns was the possibility of items being mixed up and having incorrect deliveries to the two Florida locations. Although we kept being assured of no problems we had our reservations. In the end all was delivered to each location perfectly. Everything was packed and delivered in perfect condition. Timing was within the dates we were given.
The one area I would caution anyone on is the estimated pricing. Ship Smart estimates costs based on the list of items you give them and the number of cartons you are shipping. They do ask for dimensions of cartons and estimate weight to come up with an estimated price. If your cartons are very heavy you need to advise them of this. I made the mistake of just giving them the dimensions and not accounting for the extraordinary heavy weight of our load. A good lesson learned for any future shipments. Finally, take the insurance—it is for your protection and makes things a little worry free.
We would strongly recommend Ship Smart. We intend to use them again later this year when we send another load to Florida. These people care and it shows in their excellent service.

2015-06-22

"Moving my furniture across the country was the easiest part of moving myself across the country. Ship Smart had excellent customer service — they were a pleasure to communicate with and contracted the most professional, friendly movers you could imagine. My shipment arrived ahead of schedule and within a matters of hours it felt like my new apartment had furnished itself. Beautiful experience all around!"

2015-06-09

"I did a lot of research before selecting a company to move my goods from Texas to Spain. ShipSmart had the best reviews. I called them (as well as corresponded via email) to ensure they would be able to pack, crate, pick up, and store my goods until I was in Spain with a permanent address for them to ship my goods to. This experience has been a complete NIGHTMARE!!! I was told by ShipSmart that the only documents they needed from me were copies of my passport and my residence visa, which I supplied. Once I got to Spain in April, their agent in Madrid contacted me with a litany of document requirements. I realized I would not be able to fulfill all of the requirements until I got the required notarized document from the U.S. Embassy stating I had been a resident of the U.S. for the previous 2 years. I applied for an appointment with the U.S. Embassy in Madrid, and the earliest available was June 23. Additionally, Spanish customs required my residence card, which I would also not have until June.

I contacted ShipSmart and asked that they NOT ship my goods until I had my documents in order. I received an email on May 1 from ShipSmart stating they would NOT ship my goods until I contacted them.

On May 27 I was contacted by ShipSmart's agent in Madrid, telling me my goods were in Valencia, Spain, and I HAD to provide all the documents required or else I would have to pay customs' duty on them. I reached out to ShipSmart, only to be told that they had done their job, and now wanted full payment. Their billing agent has contacted me at least 6 times, and also LIED to me regarding why my shipment was being held up by customs. She told me ShipSmart had fulfilled their obligation.

ShipSmart's agent in Madrid has now informed me I need to pay a minimum of 1000Euros to the Spanish customs to have my goods released.

I am so incredibly frustrated, with no one to help. Again, I am living in a nightmare because ShipSmart did not do their job.

2015-06-07

"I hired smart ship to assist me in an international move. It was a struggle to find a reputable company to handle a small package move. My items needed to arrive on a specific time frame to be picked up by an international mover and clear customs. Samantha at Smart Ship made the paperwork easy and I felt well informed about what I was signing,Robert and Christian handled my move and the movers were professional very nice and well informed. The items arrived in very an organized manner as commented by the customs broker. Overall the entire process was really easy an I felt reassured by the knowledge and professionalism of the team. This was a great experience and I recommend this firm to anyone looking for a mover who specializes in small moves. the overall price was affordable in comparison to the larger firms."

2015-05-06

"This was the first time I had used a shipper and chose ShipSmart based on reviews and price. I was NOT disappointed. They treated the furniture with great care as if it was their OWN. Everything arrived in great shape. The people I spoke with along the way were all knowledgeable and very willing to help."

2015-02-23

""Used ShipSmart to move cross country. Perfect for anyone who maybe doesn't have much stuff and doesn't want to move themselves. They cleared out our apartment and delivered to our new home just a couple weeks later. Everything was packaged very secure and custom crates were built around everything! Awesome service at a very fair price!""

2015-02-02

"Excellent experience!
Shipsmart arranged to ship antique stadium chairs that needed to be picked up crated and shipped across the country.
They quickly gave an estimate and stuck to their price. The item was picked up in a few days,. I got a call when crating was complete and it was on it's way with an estimated delivery time that was spot on. It's not inexpensive however who else was going to do this for men?? So the rate was fair. Thank you!

2015-01-30

"I had a great experience using ShipSmart to ship several large items from Chicago to Los Angeles. My sister left me several Tiffany style lamps, a very large area rug, and a rocking chair. I needed to get them home to California. I called ShipSmart and was able to arrange it all over the phone. The person I spoke with was in CA which made it easy to coordinate without worrying about time zones. The items were picked up at my sister's condo in Chicago. They were wrapped extremely well. It did take awhile for them to actually ship them as they wait until they have a full truck load but it was worth the wait. Everything arrived in great condition. I was super pleased."

2015-01-23

"Perfect for a small shipment of furniture across country."

2015-01-23

"Everyone was great at Ship Smart. The whole process was easy."

2015-01-23

"Very professional, organized and efficient. "

Share Shipsmart.com's store rating

Shipsmart.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Shipsmart.com is a merchant member
Shipsmart.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,416 merchant members.