Stores > Sharper Image
  • Sharper Image

Voice your opinion! Review Sharper Image by clicking a star below.
2017-12-12

WORST EXPERIENCE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES

"Placed an online order last week of November with Sharper Image online. Immediately needed to cancel it and reached out within 10 minutes of placing the order for assistance. Conveniently did not receive responses to call or email inquiries until the item had "already shipped" and would now have to wait to receive it and return it before refund could be given. Due to numerous technical issues on their end, could not process my own online return label and was told on two different calls that one was being emailed to me for expidited return once it was made clear to them that I needed the money back right away. Never recived the labels. Contacted again, finally was able to print one on my own. In the meantime, when first placed the order there were 3 different financial holds placed on my bank account, one of which was for almost $90 more than my order total. When inquired about these transactions I received no answer at all from company as to where my missing money was. After finally reaching someone about the shipping labels, the hold was released and my money was returned to me so I thought all was well. 3 days later when I finally am able to print my own label after they fixed their glitch in the online return center, the charge for the item suddenly reappeared UNAUTHORIZED AGAIN in my bank account, now causing my account to overdraft. Tried online chat and my issue was escalated to a manager, who called my hours later. Also found out when printing the label that I was to be charged for return shipment, for an item that NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT OUT TO BEGIN WITH. Finally spoke to a manager who said I would not be charged shipping, apologized and said she had contacted the financial department and had my funds released and I would see the money credited back to my bank within 2-3 business days. 4 days later, I sent an email that yet again went unreturned. 5 days later, I start an online chat with a Shannon, who danced around the issue, told me my money was released today after she looked into it, and yet again it would be 2-3 days and then I would see a credit. I asked numerous times during the chat for an explanation as to why I was lied to last week and told I would have the money back in 2-3 days then, which she literally just did not answer and told me they had done nothing wrong and I was not lied to. I asked repeatedly for an answer about why I had received nothing but misinformation, lies, and bad customer service (when I received any at all), and she again NEVER answered a single question I asked, through the customer return policy at me (which really infuriated me), blamed the situation on me, and provided me with no solution. Because they charged my account, unauthorized by me, several times and did not credit me the money back when they said they would, not only did I end up over-drafting, but now literally cannot pay a bill that was due last week because they did not follow through. They did not offer to rectify this, they did not tell me why I received this kind of service, and then disconnected the chat (essentially hanging up on me), after doing nothing but repeating the same thing over and over again. So as of today, I have an overdraft fee, unexplained charges on my account, a bill I cannot pay, unfulfilled promises, rude customer service, and zero explanations. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a company and for one so large you would think they would care at all about their customers. I work in customer service with C-Level executives for a living, and I rarely ever complain, I am an intelligent and reasonable consumer, and I expect a basic level of customer service: mainly just follow through with what you promise. Sharper Image failed this on every level. Let's hope I actually get my money back in this new promised time frame. STAY AWAY!"

2017-12-02

Shady buisness practices buyer beware

"I purchased a small zippered walled for 49.99 it was sent in a 1st class flimsy envelope but when it arrived I was surprised the wallet was made with such cheap quality materials the zipper was so chinsy like the ones found on a five dollar wallet that it broke immediately after zipping it closed .
The leather was cheap and for 49.99 you would of expected a lot more then want they provided .
So I returned the wallet with the instructions they provided and even provided a return label but when I received my refund I only received a partial refund of 42.00 they deducted 8.00 for shipping on a wallet that was mailed back to them in the same light flimsy envelope it came in.
Not weighing more than two ounces I was charged 8.00 for the return item that was defective from the beginning.
They never mention that they would deduct for shipping and they shouldn't of.
I found out later when I was going over my bills that I only received a partial refund .
NEVER AGAIN Will buy from this company they are shady and their products are made like junk.
I have opened up a dispute with my credit card company to redeem my hard earned funds.

2017-06-08

washer

"they have worked on my washer several time, did not stop until issues were solved."

2017-01-09

So very disapointed!!! -- I have been robbed by Sharper Image - my first & last purchase ..

"Ordered product, got confirmation and was told it would be delivered a week ago. No product, no shipping notice and NO ONE HOME Customer Service!!!! When I tried to use their system to track my shipment, I get directed to dropship.com - which has nothing to do with sharper image or me!!!!! I have a non-recognizable tracking number...tried the post office, ups and fed ex

This was my first purchase and surely will be my last. I'm OUT $160!!!!! and there's no one home at Sharper Image - unless I take a day off from work to reach them.......Who only has customer service from 9 am to 6 pm??????? ( Tried this weekend - and no one answered - was told they were having technical troubles - tried this evening and was told they closed at 6...)

Lousy customer service - no product - but they eagerly STOLE my money

2016-12-28

"Lied about before Christmas delivery and now wants to send the product SCAM!!!!!"

2016-12-27

Sharper Image ****!

"Same here! Their website lied. Holiday Express: Must order by Tuesday, 12/20@11:59 PM EST for X-MAS Delivery and my order was placed on Monday, 12/19 @ 8:26 AM and guaranteed to reach me for X-MAS Delivery BS! Still have not received them! I contacted them via email and cricket.......Very disappointed and I will never order from them again! "

2016-12-23

Shady way to make last minute money

"Same as everyone else on here I, along with a relative, ordered 400$ worth of gifts with the guarantee that shipping express for 20$ would make it in time for Christmas. LIE. My email is as follows:

We are very sorry to inform you that our delivery companies couldn't accommodate a huge increase in orders and unfortunately your order will not arrive in time for Christmas.
It will arrive on Friday, December 30.

To make amends for this inconvenience, we are offering you a $25 eGift Card.*

This is bill $hit. I don't want a 25 dollar gift card I want my gifts ON TIME. i will be calling customer service. Because of their lies, my family won't have gifts from me. Inconsiderate and Unprofessional. They are still holding my money as if I still intend to buy. NO

Slipshod shipping

"I had nearly the exact same experience as Jerigue's "Never Again" review. Order placed 12/20/16 with arrival due before Christmas. The only correspondence sent to me was an email saying my order was received. I got suspicious when my payment was still pending on PP. I contacted SI via online chat and SI blamed shipping delays on FedEx "They couldn't handle the last minute volume" and offered me a 20% discount and refund of shipping cost, which I hope to see. Online chat rep could not check the order status "because package cannot be tracked until FedEx gives it a tracking number; Really?! You have no system of your own to track packages. You have to rely on an outside vendor to track your orders. And, anyone expecting packages next week should know; my online conversation was on 12/23/16 at 1:00pm and the rep told me the warehouse will not be open again until 12/27/16. "

Never Again

"Ordered a Virtual Pong game for a child's Christmas present on December 16, 2016. All information that was given to me assured me that the present would be delivered by Christmas. Called a couple of days later since I had not been given notice of shipping and was told not to worry that I would receive it before Christmas. Called this morning, December 23, and was told that I would not be receiving the gift and that it was FedEx's fault. Can't believe that a company is this disorganized and then blames someone else. Not doing business with these folks again and would suggest that no one else does either. "

2016-12-22

Christmas

"Their website currently lists

Holiday Express: Must order by Tuesday, 12/20 @ 11:59 PM EST for Christmas Delivery
2-Day Air: Must order by Wednesday, 12/21 @ 5 PM EST for Christmas Delivery
Next Day Air: Must order by Friday, 12/23 @ 5 PM EST for Christmas Delivery

My order was placed Tuesday, 12/20 @ 2:30 PM EST and guaranteed to reach me for Christmas Delivery. 2 days after ordering, I had still yet to receive a confirmation email that my order had shipped. Upon contacting Customer Service, I was informed that my order would not be reaching me until "between the 26th and 28th" due to "delays at the shipping warehouse." Upon asking if that meant all 2-Day Air and Next Day Air orders were delayed, I was simply told "no". As a result, I asked today (Thursday, 12/22) to simply be upgraded to Next Day Air in order to get the gift in time. I was told that "The Next Day Air shipping option is at its capacity for the holiday" and countered with 10% off my order.

How dare a company "guarantee" shipping for Christmas and not only fail to meet the deadline that you paid extra for, but refuse to make it right? No wonder these guys had to cease operations 8 years ago and be resurrected. 1.0 rating here, 1.1 on another site. You would think after hundreds of negative reviews like mine were posted on reputable sites such as ResellerRatings, that they would finally shape up. Right. What an absolute freaking farce of a company. It's a modern miracle that they're even in business.

2016-12-22

Shady Shipping - do not rely on what they say!

"They promise expedited shipping, however ships local to save money! I ordered on Monday the 19th, and the Sharper Image web-site showed clearly a delivery date of Friday the 23rd. The package was shipped on Wednesday the 21st, and if Sharper Image would put in a two-day Fed-Ex it would indeed arrive on Friday the 23rd. But Sharper Image was cheap and wanted to save shipping costs and shipped it regular shipment with FedEx and now it will arrive on Tuesday the 27. Seems like they have shady business practices of promising a delivery date and not living up to it! So if you must have something delivered on time choose Amazon!"

2016-12-15

Epilady Facial Epilator Fail

"I ordered the "Epilady" Facial Epilator. Copy written to advertise this item touts that it is "Specifically designed for use on fine facial hair" (read, peach fuzz), with "Small epilating head (that) ensures precise control". I used it once, to no avail. All fine facial hair was still on my face. I re-read the usage instructions, adjusted the way I was holding the epilator to my face, and tried again. All fine facial hair still firmly attached to my face.
I logged in to Sharper Image to register my return, went through the process, and as I finished a message popped up on my computer. "This item is not eligible for return as it has been opened."
Really??? How could I possibly determine that it did not work without opening the box, and trying the device?
I am quite disappointed with Sharper Image, and will not be purchasing from them again. Buyer beware.

2016-11-29

Beware of "Cash Back"

"I ordered a Bose soundwave radio due to the add Sharper Image had (20% cash back on orders over $99). I thought wow what a great deal, because I wanted to also get speaker. Little did I know until I went to purchase the speaker on a separate order the the "cash back" can only be used on there "junk" items. Called customer service (twice) service was horrendous both times, they said I should have looked under frequently asked questions and I would have see what the rules of cash back are. Why should I even have thought of that this should have clearly been stated on the main website. Horrible experience with a horrible company"

2016-05-31

Disappointed customer

"I ordered this hover board from Sharper Image because they were having a 20% cash back promotion. Yet I had to chase them down for a month in order to finally get the code. Then I had a small window in which to use it. When I went to use it I found that I was one day late, that it had expired. I contacted Shaper Image to see what they could do and they offered me a $25 coupon for a future purchase. I could save more if I ordered from Amazon! My cash back promotion had been for $76!! I think they give people the run around hoping people will forget or not have time to devote chasing them down - which I did, and I don't. I am so, so disappointed with this company!!! Oh, and the delivery was super slow as well!!"

2016-02-22

Poor company to do business with

"Purchased a product on line as a Christmas present. Received a confirmation email for my order with a note that I would receive an email notification when the item shipped. I didn't receive this notification, and assumed the item was back ordered. I was surprised when my January PayPal statement showed that I had been billed for the item. When I called the store they told me the item had been delivered and signed for. The name on the receipt was not mine, or any member of my household. They told me "too bad" because I didn't contact them within 30 days of their shipment. How could I when I didn't know the item had been shipped I asked? After much push back on my part they agreed to give me a coupon for the purchase price that I could use to order something else. I was to receive the coupon via email within 3 days. 3 days has come and gone (and then some) and I have not received the coupon. I hope PayPal can help me get my refund. "

Share Sharper Image's store rating

Sharper Image is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sharper Image is not a merchant member
Sharper Image does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!