Product & services pricing 0.63/10
Shipping & packaging: 1.14/10
Customer service: 0.42/10
2018-07-16

Worst Sears Home Warranty

"I have Sears Home Warranty. I called Sears in February 2018 to check my Air conditioner. Service request was logged # SCCL2LVJD9-3. Customer Service Reps are cooperative but they are helpless as Sears Systems are not integrated. So CSRs don't get the right status. Service provider looked at the AC and ordered some parts. Sears lost track of the parts and ordered wrong parts. Service provider reordered the right parts and Sears is still going through the process of procurement and tracking for last 4 moths. Meanwhile Sears wanted to complete 2nd opinion on the parts and they changed 3 Service providers. Even after 4 months Sears is not able to track their own parts ( sounds Ridiculous in the digital world). My family and I are still having sleepless nights due to scorching heat of over 95 degrees in Texas. Any suggestions to fix this issue with Sears are most welcome."

2018-07-13

poor warranty service

"my Sears Kenmore washer, under warranty, needs repair/parts. i was informed by the Sears' contractor that the part will not be available for over 2 weeks. this is not acceptable. they are totally unapologetic, telling me that if the part is not here in 2 weeks to give them a call. they should refund my warranty fee or provide me with a new washer."

2018-07-10

This business needs to end

"Worst customer service ever. Please boycott this business! #boycottsears"

Stay away from Sears Marketplace

"When purchasing online through the Sears website to purchase clothes, I didn't realize it was through their marketplace. This means whatever you buy, whether the wrong order is sent or if the item doesn't fit, they will not refund you or provide a return label to mail it back to them. It took them over three weeks to send it and when I finally got the item it was 35 days after the purchase. Then when I got it it was completely the wrong order. Then I was told they cannot refund me because it has been more than 30 days since I ordered it. I would have never ordered the item if I knew they were not going to send it for weeks later. I wouldn't have purchased the item if I knew that they were going to send me the wrong order and not back up their process by sending me the correct order. When I called to talk to Sears and then the Marketplace, they were not helpful at all. The people at the store did the best they could, but told me that they couldn't provide me a refund because of the Marketplace policy. I would advise anyone considering purchasing from Sears to not do so because they will not provide you with good customer service (especially on the phone) and they will not refund you if they deliver the wrong item and if it doesn't fit and simply....they will not refund you at all."

Sears won't honor warranty

"Terrible customer service. I have a Kenmore (Sears) freezer that broke under warranty. It's been 40 days now and Sears has still neither replaced nor repaired the unit. I have called in 10+ times, to no avail. Do NOT buy from Sears. They do NOT honor their warranty. Sears does not deserve to be in business. I hear they are going bankrupt. Well deserved! "

2018-07-04

Robbery BEWARE and DO NOT USE Sears.com

"I had bought a Honeywell wifi thermostat $183 from Sears.com (Marketplace). I received the package almost 2 weeks longer then it said it would take (oh well). I had a box that came and it was an Amazon box... ?? HUH? I opened it and found the product box dirty, torn, and the clear round security stickers that keep the top and bottom lids shut were obviously missing. When I open the box, the pieces fell out and were not even packaged in plastic or anything. This was obviously a USED item that was shipped to me. I purchased a new thermostat, not this crap that seems to have been someones returned item. I contacted Sears.com and was directed to some outsourced call center where I was told that we have to submit a complaint to the seller 2ship (NOT SEARS) and they would have 2-3 business days to respond. Well, they never responded and Sears system did an automatic escalation. It said wait 72hours for a response. I waited a week and still never heard anything, so I chatted online with a customer service rep. Long conversation but at the end I was told it was going to go to escalations AGAIN for the 2nd time (WTF) and to please wait 72 hours. If after the 72 hours the seller does not respond Sears.com would issue a full refund (yes I have this in writting). Well... you guessed it! after 72 hours I did not get a response from the seller so I contacted Sears again and talked to a rep named Art and I had to go through the whole story with him and everything AFTER I asked to speak to a Supervisor.... He told me he was sending this to ESCALATIONS. Finally I was transfered to a SUpervisor named Gail that after talking with me she stated that she was in fact working to give me a refund. She stated that it would take about an hour and asked if she could call me back after the refund was processed, and I agreed. I made sure she had my correct phone number and email address.
NO PHONE CALL, NO REFUND as promised by a Supervisor.
SO, I called back the following day and had to talk to someone new and go through the whole story for what a 5th-6th time. Anyway, I was told this would go to ESCALATIONS again!!! What the Hell is going on here? How is SEARS legally allowed to do this? They have a Marketplace Guarantee and nobody there even knows the policy. I was tranfered to yet another agent that said I would have to send back the item before a refund is issued. I countered this statement with NO WAY, NO HOW will I spend more of my time shipping this junk back, besides why whould I do that when the seller has not even responded to Sears nor myself and I would have no guarantee to even get a refund after doing that. So, I said NO I will not ship back until I get the refund. I was told okay I will submit to "escalation" (this is just the most stupid company on earth now) to let them know I want a refund first. This is just crazy and again with all the complaints out there about Sears.com Marketplace How has the legal system not stepped in?
In conclusion:
I was promised on 2 seperate occasions to get a refund if the seller did not respond. I was told in one of the conversations by a Supervisor that the refund was being processed. LIES!!!
Stay away Stay away Stay away from Sears ALL TOGETHER> They outsource their customer service and they lie!

2018-06-27

BEWARE OF DELIVERY MEN

"I had a delivery of a washer and dryer from Sears. When the air vent from the dryer was crimped and I told the installer it was not correct, he became angry, aggressive and said "you are wasting my time". I took a picture and called my contractor. He began saying disparaging remarks about my husband, as he thought I was talking to my husband. I did not feel safe. He pulled my dryer out to the edge of the step, said, "are you satisfied" and walked out of my garage got into his truck and left.
I was finally able to reach a lining person from Sears, all the numbers are 800 numbers with automation, and we are returning EVERYTHING. HORRIBLE, FRIGHTENING experience.

2018-06-26

Worst online and customer service experience ever.

"Ordered two mattresses to be delivered at a lake house in different state. Delivery wouldn't go down driveway with truck and wouldn't use cart or carry mattresses down. My 80 year-old uncle was there at the time, so he couldn't go up the driveway and get them. They don't get out of their truck to deliver apparently, so the order was cancelled. I still have not been refunded the money for the mattresses. I have made 3 calls, 1 online chat, and 1 email. I have been told twice that they will put it through to the credit department. They have sent me an email that the box springs were refunded which is true, but the other $800 for the mattresses has not been refunded. I don't even understand how screwed up the delivery was. I have had big items delivered before. I don't even understand how they don't actually deliver. But the customer service has been the worst. I've wasted hours trying to resolve this. I never received the items, but I have been charged and can't seem to fix it. I am going to have to go through my credit card company at this point. I hate Sears.com. There are so many other online retailers that do a better job. Beware of Sears. "

2018-06-21

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE

"We purchased an HVAC system serveral years ago from Sears. I contacted Sears on 6/11 for a compressor repair/replacement. I REPEATEDLY said that the home is in OH and is a rental while we are living in TX. The associate took my Discover card information to apply towards the service fee. An appointment was scheduled for 6/12. Shortly after, I rec'd a phone message that a tech was available TODAY (6/11). I quickly called back to confirm the change. Our tenants waited all afternoon on a tech. No one came and I called Sears back. A very rude associate said that your appointment is tomorrow and "you must have gotten your dates wrong." I disagreed with him, but reconfirmed the appt for 6/12. On 6/12, I received a vm that the tech was on the way but needed a call back to confirm. I was at work, but responded w/in 15 mins. The tech did not answer. I then called Sears, who had also left a msq. The lady at Sears was very friendly and said that she was able to get the tech back on route for our service. I AGAIN said that I am in TX and all repair information and billing should go through me. I then rec'd an email a few hours later that my appt had been cx'd. 2 days in a row our tenants were waiting on a tech. I called again, expressed my concerns and frustration, and rescheduled for 6/14. AGAIN I shared that I am in TX and that the home is in OH. On 6/14, my tenant said that she rec'd a call verifying the appt. I then rec'd a call from the tech who was on the way to the house. I answered and he says "You'll be at the house when I arrive, right?" I was shocked. I responded that I was 19 hrs away and that I had repeatedly informed Sears of this. He asked whether the tenants would be paying in cash for the service call. I said no, I shared my credit card information with Sears to cover the charge. He repeated that I would need to be present for a credit card pymt. I explained how that was impossible, that landlords frequently live outside the vicinity of their rental properties, and that no other service contractor that we have dealt with has had such a ridiculous policy. He said that he would check on it. At that point, I was done with Sears. My husband called and spoke with two managers, who said that the policy was cash or credit card with the card owner present. AT NO POINT WHEN I WAS SCHEDULING OVER FOUR DAYS DID AN ASSOCIATE TELL ME ABOUT THIS RIDICULOUS AND IMPOSSIBLE POLICY. The managers also apparently called me a liar when my husband told them that I had shared my credit card information during my initial contact to schedule. Because we can only find a compatible compressor for the interior unit through Sears, we are now forced to replace the entire HVAC system at a cost three times higher than to replace the compressor alone. WE ARE NEVER DOING BUSINESS OF ANY KIND WITH SEARS AGAIN. "

2018-06-15

Poor customer service

"I purchased washer an dryer in Jan this year. The drum in the dryer was peeling so I contacted sears...2 months later after cancellations and no shows and 1 visit scheduled wrong, the drum gets replaced. Now the dryer does not turn on and run for more than 2 min. The guy now needs to order another part and won't be back for a week. So here I am another week without a dryer and time lost from work. I contacted Sears to replace the dryer and they will not do it. They say 3 visits need to be made and repairman needs to seem it not fixable.
The repairman states he only repairs and cannot help either, however he was very nice, this was not his fault. They continued to say they understood....do they really?!?! I have always purchased Kenmore products from Sears. NEVER AGAIN will I step foot into Sears!!! They don't even deserve 1 star.

2018-05-30

FRAUD!

"I purchased a GE microwave online to pickup at a store in Cumberland Mall. I went to pickup the microwave at the store and was told they did not have any in stock. The online version was showing a total of 9 available units for sale. The sales person at the store agreed but stated it was an error they have been having. The sales person at the store kept attempting to sale me a different model. I told them I did not want a different model, I wanted a refund. It took them 3 days to cancel the order and now they are saying it will be another 7 business days before I receive a refund. Sears sold me a product they didn't have and then held my money for 2 weeks. FRAUD!!!!"

2018-05-28

worst company ever

"Just spoke to 7 different customer service reps and cancelled my entire appliances order. Best decision today...
I hope they all close down

2018-05-19

Customer service failed me

"I ordered a dishwasher on a Saturday via sears.com. I was supposed to hear from the third party installer on Monday regarding scheduling an installation appt. I never did. I called Sears installation dept. on Tuesday to let them know. They called the 3rd party while I was on the line. An appt. was made for the following Sunday. The 3rd party didn't show! I called Sears again and they called the 3rd party again while I was on the line. The 3rd party claimed to have called me "all day" to let me know they weren't coming. I believed I was being lied to. I requested Sears to find me a different 3rd party installer. They had to cancel my original order and reorder the item again. They apologized, and they conveyed how sorry they were. I later find they had re-sent the install request to the SAME 3rd party as before (they didn't check to see if there was or wasn't another 3rd party option in my area). I ended up cancelling my order after that fiasco. After reading the past reviews, now I'm concerned about actually receiving my refund(s). "

2018-04-27

Sears appears to need my money more than I do

"In September purchased a gas range and microwave from Sears Online, called to mobilize for work out of town unexpectedly and ask the individual scheduling the delivery to call a different number for a friend was helping me out during my absence. He refused, resulting in cancellation of the order, during that conversation. In January I start calling, only to find out all conversation are with their Customer Service in the Philippines, always starting out with apologizes and understanding of why I would be upset with Sears. Have spent over the past 4 months being told this will be expatiated you will see your money in 7-10 business days, even asking for calendar dates and still the only return in April 2018, was for the microwave not the big ticket item the gas range. All together have spent over 10 hours attempting to collect the money owed to me, always hearing the same apologies. Last night 26 APR 2018 on the phone for 3 hours, hung up on 3 times on hold 2 other times for 30 minutes, asking a simple request for the opportunity to speak to a supervisor, all the while repeating the same information over and over and over again.

After years of purchasing from Sears both appliances and tools, this is a never again. Customer Service, service being the key word, the words coming through the phone all seem so sincere at first but once the same words come from each and every individual on the phone in the Philippines you realize these are the words they are trained in utilizing when speaking when someone calls, sincerity at first seems so real like the person on the end of the phone wants resolution, sympathetic for your problem, but now after all of these months, it is a JOB for those in Customer Service at Sears.

I hope by writing this others will not fall in to the same trap.

2018-04-22

Wrong item return

"Sears marketplace would not back a return on an item shipped wrong it took 5 days for an answer that i was told would be 48 hours. Guess im stuck with it. Will never buy or step into another sears again"

Share Sears.com's store rating