Stores > Rural King

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.06/10 3.06/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.82/10 3.82/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.18/10 3.18/10
Voice your opinion! Review Rural King by clicking a star below.
2017-11-18

Worst customer service

"Ordered a firearm from rk guns website. Package was supposed to be delivered to store on a Friday nobody there to sign for it in the store which makes absolutely no sense to me. I took upon my self to try and figure out what happend. I called the rk guns customer service number they told me they would call and find out. There was no change at this point I doubt they called the store. I called the physical store that the firearm was. Ring delivered to they told me it should be tomorrow. I call again once more nothing I have been lied to and I no longer want the gun I have already been charged for that I do not have. Your customer service is terrible I will not buy another gun from your store location or your website. "

2017-11-14

Never again

"I should have read the reviews before ordering from them. Absolutely terrible customer service. I'm still waiting for an in stock item to be shipped 8 days later. Apparently they have "problem stores" not shipping out products. Looks like I will have to wait another week or so to get what was purchased. This company gets a solid F."

2017-11-04

Customer Lack of Service

"Place my first and last order with Rural King. Online they say usually ships in 1 to 2 days. Five days later it still does not have a shipping date. Called 2 days ago and was told the warehouse was out of stock and my order was sent to a local store and they would be shipping it out. Today I called and it still has not shipped and there were no notes on my account from the first rep I talked to about my order. Also you have to wait on hold for an extended length of time to ever get to talk to customer service. I was hoping this would be a good company to do business with but It appears that I was wrong."

2017-11-03

awful

"I ordered a toy gun for my son for $15 for Halloween. paid the extra for 2 day air to get it by Halloween. they sent it ground shipping (they screwed up), so came 2 days after Halloween. wouldn't refund the shipping, and making me pay for shipping back so would cost more than the original item. and took me 2 phone calls on hold to more than one hour to get the information. very disappointing"

2017-10-30

Best LED Shop Lights

"Great bargain on these lights. So very bright. They are made nice. Good price. Received them so fast. "

2017-10-28

Total ineptness!

"This was not the first time I ordered from them but they have gone from bad to horrible! I ordered four glass jars of relish as I have previously. They charge your credit card the day you order which is the only thing they do quickly. After not hearing anything about my order for two weeks I emailed them and got no answers so I called them. They were unaware that my order had not been filled but explained that the store that was supposed to fill the order was having "issues". They would transfer my order to a different store. Another week went by before they notified me my order had finally shipped. Two days later I was notified by the carrier that the package was damaged and returned to the shipper, whom they also notified. After hearing nothing from Rural King I sent them another email a couple days later to inquire about my replacement. When I finally got a call back they were unaware of the damage and asked ME for details of the shipment including the tracking info!

I told the rep the whole story including my previous damage experience with Rural King. I explained that you cannot put glass jars in the bottom of a box, stuff it with Kraft paper and expect it to survive! She asked how it should be packaged and I explained each jar needs to be bubble wrapped and placed snugly in a box that is cushioned on all six sides.

When I finally received the four glass jars of relish (almost five weeks after ordering), they were packaged the same as always but somehow not broken!

Rural King is an example of total corporate ineptness! From an archaic order and supply process, to no visibility of the supply chain, to a totally non-responsive non-proactive customer service function with no "service recovery" effort, they are everything well run companies strive to avoid and eliminate!

2017-10-27

POOR COMMUNICATION AND SLOW IN DELIVERY

"I ordered on Tuesday and received an email that upon shipping a tracking number would be sent to me... On Friday I called since I had not received an email as of yet... After waiting for 15 minutes, I was told it shipped on Tuesday, but the warehouse was out of stock so it had to be shipped from another location, NO EMAIL, NO PHONE CALL just, you will get it when it gets there!!!

So I was told it should be there by end of day Monday, "ONE WEEK UPS" and $17.00 shipping for 2 gallons of product, "REALLY"!

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!!!

2017-10-27

Terrible terrible service

"I ordered 4 mugs, which arrived very poorly packed and 3 totally damaged. I emailed pictures to customer service, which did not respond after first automatic email reply, in over a week, despite several requests. I am now on the line, queue position #5, estimated time to answer 17 minutes. Worst customer service I've experienced in a very long timee"

2017-10-25

SLOW SHIPPING

"It has been a week and my product has not yet shipped. Wouldn't order here again."

2017-10-16

Customer Service just does not care !!!!!!!

"Placed an order for instock items. Of course supposed to ship in 1-3 business days. Now reminder this is big box store, poor work hours, poor shipping times, no help on weekends with "shipping". Free shipping means you have to wait for them to put all the items in the box and ship together, no matter how long it takes. So my items arrived 2 weeks later when it should have been 1-3 plus 2-3 shipping days. Okay so I waited patiently for the box to arrive, only for the order to be incomplete, the company did not ship all my items. The employees cannot count items and all of them were not shipped. NOW heads up, I called them to ask about the delay before the items were shipped to make sure that I would get all my items because they were in stock and was told there would be no problems. Not to mention I waited 47 minutes on the phone for customer service because I was on a deadline. Now it appears my deadline is gonna be missed due to the company crappy online store. Customer service gives me their line that they cannot help me, but they have to send me to a different agency within the company to help resolve my matter and they will not even do it over the phone. So now I have to wait on emails for "customer care" unit to get involved. And that will take 1-2 business days. This is a load of crap. People do not use this company over the internet. Please go to the store, if they dont have it in stock at the store do not buy. One of my all time worst online shopping experiences. Again I stress this is a poor way to run a company. I have a BS degree in Business and this is not how you run a company. The Director of operations should be removed from his position. I have a feeling the company does not even read these reviews, because I have read so many bad reviews on this site."

2017-10-15

No problems

"Contacted me within 30 minutes of online order to inform me of a small issue- and found an agreeable solution. "

2017-10-12

Shipping and customer service

"Wish i would have read reviews before ordering "

2017-10-11

Dont buy online from Rural King

"(This is my letter to Kyle the VP and director of E-Commerce operations for Rural King) October 11, 2017

Hello Kyle B

I purchased online two 46 inch shop lights 5000 lumens @ 19.99 each. plus 10.78 in shipping cost and 2.40 in tax. for a total of $53.16.
item # 27100017 in January of this year.

I finally got around to putting them up last Friday October 6th 2017
I really liked the lights, they are light in weight and very bright and illuminated my garage area very well, however when I returned home from our cottage on Sunday evening and turned the garage lights on one of the lights did not go on.
I took it down and plugged it into another outlet and it will not come on at all and I believe the bulb is blown as it is dark in color.I realize I purchased these a while ago but I only had them in service for a few days and one of them malfunctioned.My expectation is that they would work for the amount of time that the guarantee specified.
I am extremely disappointed that the one light is already not working and feel it should be replaced or a refund issued for the defective merchandise.
Please advise how you will rectify this issue.
Thank you for your attention to this matter

So Kyle

I spoke to your customer service Dept. and they essentially told me too bad, "Call the manufacturer and deal with them for the defective light."

Had I purchased this light at Home Depot, Lowe's Tractor supply or any other number of retailers they would have taken the light back and either replaced it or refunded the purchase gladly.
Rural King's policy on online purchases is not consumer friendly and I will no longer make any purchases from Rural King in the future. I feel if you are not concerned about my satisfaction in dealing with your company, then your company does not deserve my business. And yes Sir I will make sure my friends and Family know about your policy and my displeasure on how this was handled.
A dissatisfied former customer.

2017-09-30

Rural Kings . Com is absolutely horrible

"I placed an order on September 11th, 2017 with a product they claimed was in stock. one week later I learn that they made a purchase from another retailer and had them ship the product! Here it is 09/30/2017 and I have yet to receive my product! Stay clear of these @%$Holes! "

2017-09-26

Scam King!

"The worst place for shopping-stay away!"

Share Rural King's store rating

Rural King is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Rural King is not a merchant member
Rural King does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!