Stores > Rove Concepts

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.91/10 5.91/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.70/10 6.70/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.48/10 6.48/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Rove Concepts by clicking a star below.
2017-11-21

Excellent Furniture

"Everything was amazing from start to finish, they keep you inform about your order till the last minutes. The quality of sofa and dining table was great; beautiful, well-made and looks very classy. The best part was the price, it was for peanuts. I highly recommend shopping online @ Rove Concepts for your furniture needs. "

2017-11-10

Rove Concepts does not stand behind its products

"Rove Concepts does not stand behind its products. Carefully read the warranty - it is extremely limited. We purchased three pieces of furniture and they all have issues. I'll only discuss my last purchase - the Lucus Sectional Sofa (the company no longer makes this model).

The bracket that holds the sectionals together moves, so the sofa is never properly aligned. I asked for a replacement bracket for months (which can't cost more than $20), and after refusing to do so the company finally gave in. I just don't understand why it had to fight me on this so hard.

More importantly, the sofa squeaks in two places every time we sit on it. The sofa is not even an year old! The sofa is in our formal living room and hardly used. Filed a claim, Amy wrote, "In regards to the squeaking of your sofa, unfortunately this is not an issue that is covered by our warranty as it is not a structural failure or an upholstery defect, so we will not be able to replace this item." Again, the sofa is not even an year old. I wanted to speak with some one as I found the response not acceptable, the company said that Amy does not have a direct phone number and that all discussions must be done in email form.

How can Rove Concept sell you a sofa that squeaks in multiple places and not try to address the issue? Doesn't it care?

My final comment: the customer service is horrible. Friendly when someone is trying to buy a product, but horrible when trying to address a problem. The company will not speak to you over the phone if there is an issue with your purchase (only email).

2017-11-08

Good experience with the service & their products

"It was a good experience purchasing with them. The quality of the sofa I bought from them was superb & at a reasonable cost. The customer service I’ve talked to over the phone was so friendly and kept me up to date with my order. Delivered on exact time. Happy with our new sofa. Will be ordering again & definitely recommend them. "

2017-11-02

Good quality product and service

"I’m so happy with my new dining table and chairs that I recently purchased with them (so beautiful and w/good and high-quality.) Also very happy with their service. Customer service is great; they gave you up-to-date information on the status of your order. Delivered on time. The delivery guys are also great they really took good care of my item as they put it in my house to avoid damage. All my items get in pristine condition. Love it! I’ll definitely purchase with them again. "

2017-10-31

Terrible QA and lots of delays

"I bought my stuff at the end of May. I got everything, DEFECT FREE, in mid October. MID. OCTOBER.

White glove Delivery guys were always pretty good. Most of the furniture looked good and were solidly built except, for the DEFECTED and DAMAGED items I received. Waiting 3 months for my things to arrive was a pain particularly because the communication was a little lacking when my shipment was delayed not once but twice. Thanks for making me call and ask for compensation. Waiting another almost 2 months to get the replacements was also annoying. Especially when the replacements were also damaged. Not entirely sure who does Quality assurance for their company but they're not catching what they should. My bar stools were rusty, the veneer was chipped, the table legs were scratched or sanded incorrectly, one of my drawers was missing a track, another came with uncleanable stains on the front panel and a chunk of veneer accidentally glued on to another drawer. And the list goes on. Pretty nice looking furniture, better made than IKEA, but I would never ever recommend getting furniture from here to my worst enemies. Unless they like waiting. And email communications. And disappointment.

Also. Really understand the time estimates they give of '8 to 14' business days; this is just processing and shipping time to their QA warehouse. And then 72 business hours in QA. And then 6 to 8 business days for shipping. And then another bunch of business days for delivery. This means. Once your order is submitted. It's received but sits and gets processed for some time. Then It's going to travel about two weeks on a shipping container to their QA in Washington. Where it sits in QA for who knows why since they aren't catching anything. Then it gets shipped to the local warehouse. Then it gets picked up by the delivery company. Who then call and deliver it when you arrange it.

2017-10-24

Had a good experience purchasing at Rove Concepts.

"Recently purchased a sofa from them and the product is of best quality. It is exactly what I saw online. Happy with the purchase. The customer support is awesome as well. "

2017-10-16

Defective products, horrible customer service

"Horrendous. First, blue chairs came instead of white chairs. In addition, the dining chairs sat very low to their own dining table. I'm tall, and my girlfriend is short, and neither of us could honestly sit and eat a meal at that height. I was told I would need to pay a return/restocking fees if I wanted to return the chairs for a refund. So I said fine, and they gave me a small discount to keep the blue chairs, which I guess I'll figure out something to do with them.

Second, the dining table, with the white painted top, came with small bubbles in the paint around the edges and a chip out of the paint in the corner. I didn't want to hassle with trying to return this heavy table and waiting another few weeks for another dining table, so I just dismissed it. It took us a month or so to find another set of dining chairs to fit the table. We had our first meal at the table just last night. We used all the nice dining ware we had recently purchased from various home goods stores around the city, and all the usual hot plates, etc, to protect the table, even though its glass. After a 30 minute meal, there were scratches from the plates we were using, again, brand new plates from a nice home goods shop. There are little divots in the glass top already. This is all after night one.

Third, and final straw, I called to discuss the issues, they said they wouldn't issue a refund. When I used the word "crap" to describe their products, the customer service rep Emily, said she would not tolerate "curse words" and hung up on me. Further, they are now ignoring calls from my phone and emails.

2017-10-11

Best online shopping furniture experience

"I’ve the best online shopping furniture experience at Rove Concepts. It’s easy to purchase with them and transaction was so fast. I’ve purchased an item with them and delivered it promptly. My item arrived without any scratches or dents. The product is in good quality, it is exactly as advertised on their website. "

2017-10-08

Happy with their product

"It was my very first time to purchase a dining set online and was nervous about it, but I was so thrilled when dining table set arrived. The quality was excellent and it exactly like what I saw on their website. The price was so reasonable and I got the color scheme what I wanted. Happy customer! "

2017-10-05

Actual products don't match online descriptio

"Bought a couple Sandro Aubrey Armchairs for $300 each. The products I received look quite different from online photos, and far less attractive and classy. The actual chair is almost 4 inch shorter (for what supposed to be a 33.8 inch tall chair), that's 4 inch less of leather material; the wooden base is not as slim as online photo and in fact appears way too bulky and over-sized; the finish of the wood is not as ashy and matte as online; the seams near the wooden legs are wider and much more obvious than online; the angle of the arms are different...I can go on and on. I mean they are almost different chairs. Bottom line, had I seen the actual chair, there is no way in hell I'll pay $300 for it. I know buying furniture online sometimes brings this type of risk. But for a $300 chair, I expect it to match the online description much more closely. And frankly this is the biggest product discrepancy I've ever seen from my online shopping experience. I contacted Rove and even sent them photos of the chairs yet they insisted the chair is accurate (LOL). According to their return policy I'll need to pay for return shipping myself and they won't refund original shipping. They refused to do anything about it. In then end they agreed to provide me with $50 store credits. The $50 buys them one star here even though I will not shop with them ever again."

2017-10-03

Wonderful Product & Service

"We had a wonderful experience purchasing a bed and dining set from Rove Concept. The customer service rep. I’ve talked to over the phone were very friendly and personable; she made sure that I’ve got everything ordered. My ordered items delivered on time and in pristine condition. Delivery men were very friendly and helpful; helped us to arrange the dining set & bed inside my house and before they left doubled checked it to ensure that it has no damages or dent. Happy with the service and product."

2017-10-03

horrible customer service

"We purchased a tulip dining table from them and two days after ordering it, noticed it went on sale for 20% off. When we called to ask them to match the price, they refused. They also stated that for delivery, we would have to pay an extra $200 for them to bring it into our house. This is their 'white glove service'. Ridiculous. Hassles all around when calling them about returning item. I would never deal with their rude representatives. They are short sighted in not ensuring their customers are happy. We would have purchased the dining chairs and other pieces for our newly renovated home from them, but they've now lost our future business. "

2017-09-12

Great product, poor delivery, terrible service.

"Delivery time was well over the quoted range and had to be micromanaged throughout the process, dealing with several carriers along the way. Customer service was of little help, only offering to call a number and hope for the best.
Final delivery caused damage to my house for which Rove will not assume responsibility and are unwilling to help beyond referring me to deal with their carrier.
The pieces are great and beautiful. I'm frustrated and out a security deposit.

2017-09-07

Ox Chair + Ottoman, design failure and rude customer service

"I purchased an Ox Chair and Ottoman from Rove. While the aesthetics and material construction of the chair are fine, it is physically impossible for the chair to be comfortable for anyone over the height of 5'6" or thereabouts.

The "horn"/headrest is convex and only lightly padded, and thus is very firm. For anyone taller than 5'6" - for reference, I am 6'1" - the design of the chair is such that when you sit, the headrest bump will press into your back between your shoulder blades and against the vertebrae (very likely the largest, visible vertebrae between the cervical spine and neck), which is incredibly uncomfortable. Let me repeat that - there is no position in which a person over a certain height threshold can be comfortable in the chair because of the design.

Now, I get that some people don't care about comfort, only looks. And I also get that for someone within the "goldilocks" band of heights may find this chair acceptable.

However, to make NO mention of this height-dependency anywhere on the website or in any other material is unacceptable. Moreover, the Ox Chair is always a "custom order", and customer service will remind you that when you buy, you agree to their policies which include "no returns of custom orders, period." So, if you are over the height of 5'6" and you purchase an Ox Chair, well, you've just wasted $1000 on an unusable piece of furniture.

Normally, I might be peeved about this, but that was enhanced by rude customer service. The customer service rep I corresponded with told me it was "unfair" of me to even request a return given their policies and that she would not forward me on to a manager because it'd be pointless. 0_o. Yes, you got that right, it's unreasonable to request a return of a piece of furniture that is unusable because of the design, yet the height-specific nature of the design is never communicated to the customer until they've already purchased and are "bound" by Rove's return policy. *eyeroll*

Take my advice, and don't do business with Rove. Instead, shop with a company that actually cares about being transparent, delivers comfortable products, and provides amicable customer service.

2017-09-07

Gorgeous Womb Chair!

"Adore and cherish this chair! Felt very comfortable and I am able to curl up at my desk with my legs curled up to my side. I am ordering another 2 womb chair and we can not wait to enjoy it. Overall, its a great purchase, great service & great product!"

Share Rove Concepts's store rating

Rove Concepts is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Rove Concepts is a merchant member
Rove Concepts participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,466 merchant members.