Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.85/10 1.85/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.16/10 3.16/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.20/10 1.20/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.72/10 1.72/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2017-11-16

No customer service and wrong parts

"I ordered brake calipers for my car and the ones i received were the wrong parts and didn't fit. Don't try to call them because that is impossible. I searched everywhere and there is no contact number. I sent three emails telling them that they sent a part that won't fit even though their site claims it will. I never received any response to my emails. I now have to pay for the return shipping for parts they sold me that don't even fit my car. I will never buy another part from them and will warn everyone i can ahainst buying from them."

2017-11-16

Secondhand products

"My first order was for a muffler, which was broken inside and rattled horribly. They wanted me to spend the $75 to return it. Then I ordered an e-brake cable and it came sliced open. I won’t be ordering from them again. "

2017-11-14

They have the productions but then they don't. But at 2200 I get an email saying they do but the shipping is going to be more.

"ME:When I made my purchase yesterday it said ALL the parts where at your where house, then later that night AFTER I paid for the 2-3 day shipping it comes back and say, I need to pay $81.00 more for shipping? Then you give me a courtesy discount of $10.00, Really! I need the parts so yes I paid the shipping. So why am I paying for your mistake on the shipping? I fell I shouldn't have to pay for YOUR mistake. So the shipping cost is all most the price of ALL the parts.

I would like to know what happened?
I would like to know how you are going to fix this?
Rockauto:We are sorry that our inventory error required changes to your order which raised the shipping cost. We know these issues can be inconvenient which is why we offer a 10.00 courtesy to offset any increased cost. We are not able to offer more than that, nor are we able to issue some other form of compensation for this matter. We did give you the option to cancel if the increase wasn't acceptable and you decided to continue with the order. There is nothing further that we can do

I am a disable vet I help out in my commute as much as I can. Now I have to tell the customer hey Rockauto made a MISTAKE and we have to pay for it...

GREAT JOB!

2017-11-14

Grerat Prices, Shipping and Customer Service lacking

"Ordered parts for truck, said 5 days til delivery, delivery day came and went, shipper website says delivery date pending, tried to contact Rock Auto, found absolutely no telephone customer service available, did Rock Auto web automated thingy, told to wait additional 10 days for shipper to "locate" package. Truck on jack stands, parts removed, waited total of 13 days from shipping date, no parts, drove to Advance Auto and bought parts, used Rock Auto web automated thingy to try and cancel parts, was told that shippers website still says in transit, but still no delivery date or location, was told I had to wait the full 10 days for shipper to "locate" the package. I emailed them I no longer needed the parts, had to get my vehicle back on road and had purchased the parts locally. Checked shipper website , tracking updated to Delivery exception, cannot deliver package, package damaged. Received call from Shipper who notified me that the truck with my package was involved in accident and package was damaged. Received e-mail from Rock Auto telling me same, and refund would be issued within 3 business days. I hope the truck driver and anyone else involved are ok.

Although Rock Auto had no responsibility for the package damage, this incident made me more aware of a few things.

1) Rock Auto's prices are low, however I have had quality issues in the past, and was unable to return those items under warranty because warranty term was short.

2) If I need something in a hurry, My local Advance Auto is right around the corner, and they have knowledgeable and friendly people who work there, and their prices are competitive. If I have any issues with a purchase I can drive there, and they usually solve that issue quickly, or can send me to another close-by store if they cant. My package from Rock Auto shipped from California, I am in Virginia, Rock Auto is in Wisconsin.......

It all of a sudden makes sense to go back to buying my parts from a local neighborhood store, because I sure would miss them if they were gone.

2017-11-12

Great prices and service.

"Ordered four times from Rockauto.com, all orders were packed well and arrived as promised. I don't understand the reviewers complaining about part quality?? You get what you pay for, part quality is not up to Rockauto it's the manufacturers. If you buy cheapo bearings for $2, don't expect quality! Buy established brand names!"

2017-11-11

Terrible parts

"Bought struts and hub assemblies from them and hub assemblies had slack in the bearings. The strut assemblies have popping noises in strut mounts which sound like frame noises. "

2017-11-10

No customer service at all.

"Had half of my order missing from FedEX, they confirmed it was lost and told me to contact Rock Auto so I filled out all of the tips to get may other half that was missing. no Email no call no nothing I have no idea whats going on and my car has been on jack stands for three weeks now. Ordered the parts on eBay now hopefully Ill get them then I will return the parts to Rock auto if I ever see them."

2017-11-09

Super fast shipping

"I ordered a part yesterday and paid for standard shipping. Expected deliver u days. The order was packaged and shipped overnight to me from another state. A+ speed on packaging and shipping order. Glad I saved the $15 to overnight the product as it arrived overnight anyway. "

2017-11-08

"I do not understand all the negative ratings. Very good selection and fast shipping. They even paid return shipping on a warrantied strut. The only caveat I have is to make sure and pay attention to shipping cost. They can vary widely depending on where they are shipping from."

2017-11-04

Order parts. Don't get parts. Still pay

"I ordered brake calipers/ rotors/ pads etc for my truck. Payed 130$ or so in shipping fees, it was still cheaper than going to the store. after 2 months of not receiving my parts I checked the tracking info, They had been sent back to rockauto. I had no idea my parts had arrived, didnt get any notice, So I called rock auto to ask for a refund. About a month or so later I hadnt gotten my refund so i sent in an email. A few days later i got a refund and an invoice with another 100$ taken off for return shipping fees. Now have been going back and forth through email with customer service about shipping and return fees totalling $230+ for parts i've never seen. Now they wont even reply to me half the time
I ordered the parts in June 2017. Its now November 2017. Im still out 230$ and i'm still out of a truck
F you rockauto

2017-11-02

Horrible customer service

"I will never order anything from Rockauto.com again. I’ve seen so many people receive the wrong parts, not receive parts at all, but to top it all off when this happens or you need to return or exchange or even check status on your order be ready to wait wait and wait some more. I called the only number they have , which briefs you from the beginning is not for customer service, where a receptionist reply’s I don’t take calls I’m just a receptionist ....... I had to google bad reviews on Rockauto.com just to find an email in order to talk to someone, and then each response from email is from a different person, so to sum it up you are taking a big roll of the dice risk when you shop Rockauto.com
What a joke !

Slow Shipping

"If you need your part don't order from here. I've been waiting for my part for more than ten days. They use USPS instead of UPS or FedEx. Then the site told us it would be here by Oct. 30 and the tracking hasn't updated since the 29th. Furthermore, this must be a common problem because when I tried to contact them about it there is no phone number to call and when you put in that you want to report your package missing they have a button for that and then it told me I can't report it missing until Nov. 9. I'm without a car. I can't wait till the 9th. That makes 3.5 weeks without my car waiting on my part. "

OVER $5,000 IN PARTS ORDERED AND NO PROBLEMS

"I have ordered over $5,000 dollars in parts over several years and have never once had an issue with rock auto. The selection of quality parts is far and beyond better than any brick and mortar store and the prices are far cheaper than the lesser quality parts at those stores.

I have dealt with returns, core exchanges, order cancellations, and spoke with customer service all without a single issue.

Great so far!

"Not sure of all the negative reviews. I've used three times and each time they have exceeded expectations. The prices are amazing, around 50% less than the retail stores, even with shipping! I ordered a water pump for my Pontiac G6 yesterday and the part arrived today! I will continue to use Rock Auto!!"

2017-10-31

Incorrect part

"I recently ordered a new exhaust for my 2006 Jeep from Rock Auto online. I was unable to have it installed right away so i waited to have it installed. Once i was able to have it installed my mechanic showed me that if did not fit my vehicle. When i ordered the part its description stated that it did fit a 2006 jeep wrangler 4.0 unlimited rubicon. The mechanic showed me how the front 2 converters were too close together and the cross pipe that goes across the back of the motor did not clear the front driveshaft. He did not try to install it after that. I then went back online to arrange a return to Rock Auto but was informed that since the part was over 30 days old i could not return if"

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!