Stores > RockAuto.com
  • RockAuto.com

7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
      608-661-1376

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.42/10 3.42/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.23/10 1.23/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.98/10 1.98/10
Voice your opinion! Review RockAuto.com by clicking a star below.
2018-01-16

Dont WASTE your money

"Pay for return's that is their fault. Never AGAIN. Once burned......"

2018-01-13

Slow customer service, fast shipping

"I was a new customer. I had a coupon. After research I found that you enter a promo code in a box marked "how did you hear about us" - makes sense right? Anyway, I sent an order, an hour later customer service responds with the fact my code is invalid. I had another code that I sent back in. By this moment the parts were in a box which means that coupons can no longer be applied through the forcefeild of cardboard. The option given to me was to buy a shipping return label worth more than the discount to send back the parts, wait 3 days, re-order the parts with fingers crossed hoping that the new code I have isn't rejected after its in a box again! Wow! Great way to treat a new customer."

2018-01-12

Good company

"I have bought 3 or 4 thousand dollors worth of parts from RA. I have never recieved the wrong part. Have returned parts without any problems. Prices are the best in the business. Do your home work on your parts and you will be trouble free. I use 2 sites. RockAuto and anything auto. RA is the best. RGW."

2018-01-12

Switcharoo and screw you!

"I ordered spark plugs and spark plug wires for my 96 Accord EX 2.2L L4. The spark plug wires do not fit my car. The catalog lists them to fit the EX and LX models and I have the EX. The part I ordered is what I got but it isn't for my car. I went through the return BS and get an email saying they will not return and refund me because the part is for the EX and LX model only and I must have ordered it wrong. After reading other reviews I see it is their common practice to list wrong parts for the right vehicles, then give the run around and either total refusal or partial refund for parts that don't fit the listed vehicle. I have used them for a long time but this it the 2nd and last time they have screwed me over. DO NOT BUY FROM RIPOFFAUTO.COM."

2018-01-11

TERRIBLE!!

"I ordered two simple parts. I ordered them on December 29th 2017. It is January 11th 2018 and no Brakes pads insight. I had to go to a local auto parts and purchase the parts. My fault for not reading the reviews. Everyone I come into contact with I tell them stay completely away from Rock auto. "

2018-01-10

"No Customer Service by Telephone"

"Website parts descriptions are often vague or display incorrect pictures, sometimes items are shipped with no packaging- and no way of identifying if the part received is what was ordered, or some Made-In-China piece of junk. Email-only customer "service" is untrained in respect to auto parts and cannot understand anything mechanical.

I had previously had a couple dozen orders with them totally a few thousand dollars, only one item on one order was a problem (used part sent instead of new part ordered). Last two orders have been full of errors and omissions and with no telephone support, "email only" customer service can **** you around to the point where they will only ignore you if their poor explanations that lack any product expertise aren't "acceptable". I would have recommended these guy a few short weeks ago, now will advise anyone/everyone I come into contact with to avoid them- they could be selling any unlabelled foreign-made garbage and claiming it to be "made in America", and are frequently shipping items with poor descriptions and incorrect pictures resulting in unexpected (and incomplete) parts coming in, and have more recently simply been shipping more and more flat-out wrong parts (no match on description, picture or manufacturer). Simply not worth the hassle any more.

2018-01-08

"There fitment guide is wrong. They want me to pay the return shipping for there mistake. Company is a joke."

MarkRumph's Avatar

Florence Alabama
2018-01-06

Rip off

"My son bought fuel lines for a 94 chevy truck. He mistakenly picked the wrong part number. Please read the return policy before you buy. After buying the return tag for 30 dollars and shipping the items back he ended up with 75 dollars back after paying 195 for lines and 30 for shipping tag. I will never use rip off auto again"

2018-01-05

Parts Didn't Fit and They Won't Refund Shipping

"I orders front and rear pads and rotors for my car, NONE fit. They refused to refund my shipping for the initial delivery and charged me to return the items as well. I ended up being refunded about a third of what I paid total. Also, I went back and forth with their customer services department several times, they did not have a consistent person handling my issues, so I needed to start over almost each time with each email I responded to. I am very dissatisfied and upset about this experience, I don't have the money to waste."

2018-01-05

scam alert!!

"ordered a oem part, motocraft, received a oem box with timken hub inside, ON THERE website they sell 2 different items one oem motocraft and a timken with a price difference of 30 bucks, after a email informing them, i got more insulted by being told that motocraft uses different company like timken, more lies. i just purchased one from ford with the other on 2 week back order so found a OEM, well a company lying saying they will sell one for 140 or they sell a timken for 110, hmmmm. maybe there lying customer service should look at there own website before escalating this with lies and basically a confession on there scam! and to further insult they told me i had to pay shipping, i first stated to send right item and pick this up. but putting a item in a oem box well i am shocked there was not a brick inside.."

2018-01-03

No way to tell them they made a mistake- and WE are paying for it

"A while back my husband ordered a replacement CV for my 2010 Lincoln MKS. He is very busy, so about 2 months later he got around to finally installing it...only to find out, we had been shipped the WRONG PART in the RIGHT BOX. The 30 day return policy is long gone, so we just had to come out of pocket another $55 for a new one! This was their mistake! I would expect at least a store credit or something, but of course I can't get in contact with anyone. Very disappointed."

2018-01-02

not what it used to be

"I used to love rockauto.com They shipped that day and parts got to me in 3 days or less. Now they have changed to DHL shipping and it takes over a week sometimes 2 to get to me. It's not worth the saved money to use them anymore. "

2017-12-31

This website is horse ****

"I was sent completely sent all the wrong parts after paying way too much for shipping then when I tried to return the parts I was told it would cost me $6 per part to return which is more then I paid for the parts originally. They stairght **** me and basically laughed about it "

2017-12-27

Audi a4 Cabriolet Parts

"My experience with Rock Auto was amazing due to the fact that the parts arrived earlier than expected, came well packaged, and high quality maintained. Also I give it a 5 STAR Rating. THANKSS!!"

2017-12-26

listing in catalog not correct

"Ordered 2 replacement fuel tanks for my 1984 K10 LWB pickup. Parts ordered were based solely on the criteria listed in their catalog, working down the selection tree based on model, year, style and wheelbase. Parts shipped were 20 gallon tanks, as per their catalog, parts actually needed were 16 gallon tanks. No Customer Service number listed on their website, sent an email describing the situation. Received a call back basically stating "too bad, so sad". They will issue a store credit upon return, but I have to eat shipping, both ways. I explained that I had ordered verbatim from their catalog, and it does not even list a 16 gallon tank being available for the 4X4 long wheelbase. Representative said it must be right, as they don't have a big return history on the item. Told him not interested in a store credit, as I will not be doing business with them in the future. Representative did not even seem to care. Hello LMC Truck and Brothers Truck for future orders on this restoration and any other parts needs."

Share RockAuto.com's store rating

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

RockAuto.com is not a merchant member
RockAuto.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!