rockauto.com
Automotive
3,430 reviews
    7am to 9pm Monday - Friday8am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday(Central Time)
    608-661-1376

Customer service: 0.61/10
Return/Replacement policy: 1.09/10
2018-07-15

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

"Bad Shopping experience with them. they send me wrong parts and have to pay the shipping ( two way)cost by my own.
and no customer service.

2018-07-13

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!

"Ordered parts on 07/09, paid extra for next day shipping.. Not only have the parts still not arrived, ROCKAUTO is trying to say parts were delivered and signed for by JOHN DOE.. ARE YOU PEOPLE KIDDING ME? SENT MULTIPLE EMAILS AND HAVE GOTTEN NO WHERE, CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE & GOT HUNG UP ON 3 TIMES, THEN DECIDED TO TRY 1 LAST TIME AND ACT AS IF I'M PLACING AN ORDER, CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS FINE, UNTIL I MENTIONED THE FACT I WAS INQUIRING ABOUT AN EXISTING ORDER.. THEY AGAIN, HUNG UP ON ME.. STILL HAVE NO PARTS, WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. NOW I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THE NEGATIVE RATINGS AND SCORE.. THIS COMPANY IS A BUNCH OF CROOKS!! EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL, ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS. IN MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION THEY DON'T EVEN DESERVE 1 STAR.. "

2018-07-13

cheap prices poor customer service

"its always a gamble buying from them, customer often has to pay to return defective parts, you cant trust their catalog, parts listings are often wrong and again the customer ends up paying to send back the part. there is no phone number, no option to talk to a customer service person, the system is automated. no matter what happens with your order , no matter what junk they send you, they get paid and that is what is important to them nothing else. "

2018-07-12

Bad customer service wrong parts

"Bad customer service wrong parts shipped to wrong address."

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

"Someone ordered parts from them fraudulently on my card. When I called to speak to the receptionist about this situation he basically told me all customer service was done online and he couldn't help me. He wasn't "trained" for that. So I am going to receive parts I did not order, the money was taken out of my account and he wouldn't direct me to someone who could help with this. NEVER will I do business with this company!!! EVER! Quite frankly I'm surprised they are still in business!"

2018-07-12

No customer service at all

"I ordered a part and ended
Up selling the vehicle the part is still in the box and when I try to pull up the order number there's no record of it I just want my money back

2018-07-10

Junk wheel bearings

" it's like rolling the dice when you buy from here sometimes you get good stuff sometimes it's junk . I've been through five wheel bearings on the same car through these guys and they're all junk paying a shop to put each one on is getting to be ridiculous I would not recommend anybody buy wheel bearings from here I've talked to two other people that have got wheel bearings from RockAuto and they're all junk. But like they say you get what you pay for $400 for a good one or $100 RockAuto one . I won't make that mistake again . Then there's no number you can call only email and they tell you refer to some stupid listing that don't even help you at all. at $12 a piece return shipping plus the cost of paying somebody to keep putting this on that's almost $600 plus the $100 it was. should have just had the shop put the expensive one on from the beginning"

2018-07-10

Support lifts

"I order support lifts for my town and country van. This van has a power lift gate. The parts I order said on the site was for a power lift gate and left and right side. I received manual lift and 2 right side supports I email them and they won’t do anything to make their customer happy. They won’t expect returns on installed parts. They won’t try. I have been using them for sometime now. I won’t be using them anymore."

2018-07-09

Worse and Worser

"The only good thing I can think of about RockAuto is the price. That's where it ends. Its customer service is non-existent. RockAuto insists on conducting what it calls customer service via its website. In truth, the website simply outlines the process for product exchanges. If it doesn't involve interaction with real persons at some point, then the process isn't customer service at all.

I purchased a fuel pump assembly for my Honda Civic, and, after having it professionally installed, I found that the assembly was defective in two ways. First, the float mechanism was so loose that it did not make electrical contact with the sending unit. Thus, while the pump worked fine, the gas gauge on the dashboard was always inaccurate. Second, the product didn't have the important "auto shutoff" feature that stops the flow of gas to the engine in the event of a major accident. I ended up having to have my Honda dealer install an OEM part to put the Civic back in working order, and RockAuto's refusal to give me a refund (of a part they really shouldn't be selling at all) just added salt to my wound. Their business model seems to be based on finding the cheapest (and I truly mean cheapest, not necessarily the least expensive) parts and selling them as low as possible, with absolutely no investment in customer service or customer retention. I guess that model works for some people. Not so much for me.

I will not purchase from RockAuto again, regardless of pricing, and I'll sound the alarm to others who will listen.

2018-07-08

Great prices, inconvenient shipping, impossible to reach customer service.

"Their catalogue listed 3 types of the same product for my car. No way to contact customer service to help with the order, so I bought what I thought would fit, but of course not the right version. Took the part of of the packaging to test fit on my car and now impossible to return it because it was "installed or used". Looking to buy another $100 in parts now because of misinformation and their poor customer service. Will not shop there again unless it is for an obscure part that cannot be found anywhere else."

2018-07-07

shipped wrong parts

"I am a shop. Prescheduled radiator change on International 4900.
I ordered upper and lower hoses weeks in advance. Parts arrived, they were totally incorrect.
You cannot talk to a human. They are clever at discouraging returns. I sent a email and their reply was I can send the item back if I pay half the shipping!
Same order I ordered a washer pump for a different vehicle, ordered 2 and they only sent 1. Still have not reconciled that.
I think you can save money with them if you are ordering very generic items like a case of 30001 oil filters. I will never order anything that there is a possibility of messing up an application. In the end I will not buy from any company that cannot answer their phone.

2018-07-06

No refund here!

"Order a caliper for my mother's car. Found out I didn't need the part. Sent it back. Now they are saying they can't refund because it is not in the manufacturers box. Well, they never shipped it in one. Just a brown box with the plastic air bags. They tell me I can pay to have it shipped back or they will destroy the part. Yeah right, they're just going to resell it. They won't even refund me the core charge! Stay away if you value your money!"

Lost radiator =lost money

"I've been a Rock Auto customer for exactly 1 month until now. Last week I ordered a radiator and it said it was delivered on Wednesday. It never arrived. FedEx can't find it and Rock Auto is just giving me the run around. Poor customer service and no real person to talk to. Even my u joints got shipped to Honolulu, Hawaii. I live in Texas. I don't know if I will ever get them either. No more shopping at Rock Auto !!!"

Generally ****

"I bought an ac compressor from this outfit, the darn thing blew up IMMEDIATELY upon low pressure switch activation. No return/no refund - warranty MAYBE but they make you jump through the hoops so that it's totally worthless. They cite "manufacturer's policy" but I bought from them, not the manufacturer. And yes, I did replace related components (also purchased from them at the same time). But they wanted a receipt from a shop which is totally ridiculous. Now I not only have to buy a new compressor (you bet, not from them!) but also flush the system, replace receiver/dryer. I used to buy quite a few things from them in the past, and usually had no issues. One time they sent me a wrong part and - again - made me jump through the hoops. Once I managed to convince them that I did have the vehicle I claimed I had and that the part did not fit, they agreed to pay 50% of the shipping cost.
1. They sell junk
2. Their customer service is the same as that of chinese outfits they buy their junk from. I.e. non-existent.

Full Satisfaction

"I ordered two replacement parts / MOPAR/ for my 2004 Dodge Intrepid. Prices were lower than another suppliers are offering. The package was sent from the store nex work day by Fedex and delivered during 5 days to the destination country in The European Union."

Share RockAuto.com's store rating