Stores > Reverb

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.22/10 4.22/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.62/10 4.62/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
Voice your opinion! Review Reverb by clicking a star below.
2018-01-18

A NEW LOW IN INTEGRITY AND SERVICE

"So after checking a few listings and finding various issues with them one of them being two identically described instruments with different prices. I emailed the seller Quinn The Eskimo Brass and Winds to inquire. They found they had listed a new instrument incorrectly as used and promptly deleted the listing and relisted it for a much higher price. They still had a mismatch of the model on the used one which never got fixed and I decided not to pursue it as they told me the pictures are the determining factor which is not:
Indicated by Reverb
The P&P of other much larger online marketplaces.
Somedthing I would want to debate with the seller and or Reverb given my own and others experiences as on seen resellersratings. If I were saved from a potentially costly mistake that also could negatively affect my rating I would be thanking the person and offering a discount at the minimum. Other issues are Winds101 listing Yamaha dead stock instruments (some so old you can't even find any documentation) as new, stating the lower than msrp price is the reason for the lack of warranty. Hint, warranty costs are borne by the manufacturer not the seller. Reverb's policy clearly states that listings categorized as new must come with warranty. I inquired with Winds101 as to their status as an authorized Yamaha re-seller and never received a response. Hint, unauthorized sellers are prohibited from selling offering a warranty and the manufacturer will not back one issued by a unauthorized seller.Authorized sellers typically are required to adhere to price and model year restrictions to be sold as new. Last but not least was a Japanese seller Product-value that was honest about the poor condition of the flute stating rust, scratches, dullness, and feelings of usage but has it listed it in the Excellent category I also noticed Quinn The Eskimo Brass and Winds has a much worse rating on eBay and that Winds101 states the same incorrect information on eBay as well and poses as a private seller on Kijiji (Canada's Craigslist). I asked Reverb several times to investigate, first they promise they will look into it but never got back to me. Then they can't find my emails and subsequent promises to investigate and follow-up were not done but they did take the time to block my IP address. Whenever I go to reverb.com a page is displayed that is shild only be displayed when you attempt to login unsuccessfully despite the fact I am not trying to login. I sent in a password reset request as per the page for a laugh and they did not respond. So I can't visit the site using my home connection directly but there are easy work-arounds but due to the issues I experienced it is doubtful that I would purchase anything through Reverb at this point. As in many cases these sellers have the same items on eBay if I really wanted to purchase one or more. I checked and they have not required the seller to correct the listings that are incorrectly categorized and contain false and incorrect information.

2018-01-16

Every time I’ve tried to post on Reverb the screen just goes all over the place.

"I use an iPad , like many others. Every time I try to post something I want to sell, it does not register . The screen will jump from one thing to another. I’ve been trying to post a simple ad for the past hour. I’m so frustrated. If there was any place to go, I would go elsewhere. Ebay is the alternative . Ebay has their Algorithms down pat, never a problem listing, but they take higher fees. At the end of the day, I’m going back to Ebay. Also Reverbs customer support is non existent. I see many others are having problems as well. They must think we are all idiots. The options they have pre programmed dong reflect what you’re trying to sell. The new LP section is so misleading.
If they don’t get their act together ,someone else will. I’m just looking now as I’m trying to just sent this review. What do I see come up. “ what do you want to sell “ Nothing to do with my review ...

2018-01-13

AVOID REVERB! REVERB MUST CHANGE THEIR "NO PROTECTION" BUSINESS MODEL - THEY WILL LIE & NOT PROTECT BUYER'S AT ALL.

"I purchased a 1967 Gibson ES 345 from Eli's Gear & when I received the guitar it had been resprayed at some point. It had many finish "fisheyes" (looks like broken bubbles) in respray on the back. It also had 2 "inclusions" (foreign bodies) in the finish. Seller denies all. Sent highres. photos. Said to bad. Reverb requested photos, sent. They agreed bad guitar & said they'd take care. After one & half months: NOTHING. Now will not return calls. Beware of this group your NOT dealing with eBay baby! This group is BAD NEWS. Now I must get my attorney to see what he can do. Also, check them out on the web if you doubt me. As I said "BAD NEWS"! Larry G. Wilson, Oklahoma

2018-01-12

It's a great place to buy and sell

"I'm a buyer and a seller on Reverb, and I've had mostly great experiences. They do customer service better than anyone."

2018-01-09

Buyer Beware

"I bought a keyboard on reverb just last week .the keyboard is not useable the seller said he would refund the money. He has never got intouch with me since. I contacted reverb they said they would follow up,but I have not had any response since. This product was purchased from Harrison Hoyt . Pay Pal is also involved,I`m waiting to here from them too! This goes to show you that there are crooks out. there looking for your money. BUYER BEWARE "

2017-12-27

When it goes wrong they dodge

"Two times I have had to deal with their "customer service".

On Reverb when things get bought and sold and everybody does things right there is no issue. It's actually really awesome.

But oh boy, when a seller delivers garbage and you want a return, or if as in my first case UPS destroys the shipping container that you so carefully put together and the contents got damaged, or in the second case when Reverb somehow sends the funds to an account at your bank that does not belong to you. Then you will find they dodge and misinform and do all kinds of distrustful stuff to avoid having to own up to what needs to be taken care of. Odd isn't it? You would think that they would just take care of it. In the case of the insurance it was clear what happened from the pictures, but it took some prodding to get it taken care of by them, they were trying very hard to wiggle out of their responsibility.

In the case of the payment going to the wrong place, they gave me the run around saying I had to take care of it with my bank. But my bank says their bank needs to do the paperwork to correct it and that makes sense, if the money is sent incorrectly then the sender has to correct the mistake. I cannot tell my bank oh by the way this or that money is actually mine, the sender needs to do this otherwise I could claim all kinds of funds. It is logical but Reverb continues to contact my bank instead of their own bank. They have no business contacting my bank. Even for me to talk to my bank I need to verify an insane amount of information to verify that I am who I claim to be. How can Reverb talk to my bank?

In short, when you deal with Reverb for issues that did not go right threaten with legal action if you don't get what should be corrected. It does help get them in higher gear. But realize you may actually have to sue them. WTF Reverb! Why? Just take care of it.

2017-12-23

Haven't had a bad experience yet

"I've bought a few dozen items from quite a few different sellers and haven't had any issues yet. All items I've received are exactly as described and sellers have always responded quickly to my questions. "

2017-12-22

Amazing Customer Service

"I've purchased several things off Reverb and every it exceeds my expectation. The sellers are courtesy and ship quickly. Anytime I had a question I would chat in and instantly get a quick response. Honestly, won't ever be shopping on ebay again. "

2017-12-21

Amazing Customer Service

"I had some questions about a Gibson Les Paul. I spoke to Daniel S and he answered everything in a few minutes. Bought the guitar, it arrived two days later in as advertised condition and I've been loving it ever since. Keep it up Reverb."

2017-12-20

Awesome Service

"Great company and super knowledgable service staff. Will absolutely use again."

2017-12-19

Worst Company Ever Do Not Buy

"I bought a guitar for my son for Christmas, have been waiting weeks for it to show up. I can't get the company to do ANYTHING. No confirmation it is shipped, no refund, literally NOTHING! Thanks for ruining my kid's Christmas I hope you all feel great about yourselves. Now to go through the long process to get my $$ back as I can't buy him anything new since my $$ is **** in this **** company!!"

2017-12-05

Will never do business with this company again.

"Would like to give them 0 stars. I ordered something for $400+ and it shipped immediately. UPS says they delivered. Was never delivered. Got no help from this company. They told me UPS would not reimburse them so they couldn't do anything for me. Funny thing is that another package which was supposed to have been delivered that day was also not delivered but that vendor (Sephora) sent a replacement with no questions asked. Hope Reverb/Gear Tree is happy with this review."

2017-12-04

Above and beyond

"Always pleased with the customer service. All purchases and sales went smoothly."

2017-11-28

bunch of morons, stay away

"these clowns told me I won’t get my money until I ship my guitar out, I told them I’m not shipping anything out before I see the cash... these idiots thought they can tell me how to run my business lol.... I told them to shove it, and closed my account.... this is some garage office operation with few mentally retarded clowns employed .... save yourself some nerves and go to eBay or Craigs List or even a yard sale, anything but these dumb clowns...."

2017-11-17

Reverb.com is a terrible merchant. Avoid at all costs!

"I bought a vintage mosrite guitar from a seller on reverb for nearly $3k. The guitar was listed in excellent condition and the seller described the guitar's condition as "great" ... "with minor wear". Plenty of convincing pictures to win me over. Upon receipt, I tuned the guitar and immediately could tell it was messed up. One of the pickups were several decibels quieter than the other, many parts including the bridge of the guitar did not show wear consistent with the rest of the guitar. The neck was severely warped and the guitar buzzed loudly when on the amp. The rig was completely unplayable, so literally within 2 hours of receiving the guitar I was standing behind my luthier watching him go through this guitar for me. He pointed out a couple of things I didn't notice-- the guitar having been partially refinished and the neck very likely not being original. I declined to have him repair anything, instead I put the guitar back in the case and took it home. I requested a refund within 5 hours of having the guitar. It took the seller more than 24hrs to rebuttal my refund and a couple more days before reverb stepped in to "help". I was very patient for the first week and reverb took complete advantage of that. I requested my refund on a Friday afternoon so understandably, I wasn't expecting resolve until the next week. -Crickets- I finally called reverb after a weekend, a work week, and another weekend-- Having heard nothing but crickets, I called reverb that Monday afternoon to see if they were doing paperwork or something? Nope, me and my money were just on the back burner. After a couple of failed phone call attempts and failure to return calls, I did finally get to chat with my assigned representative "Chris K.". He failed to call me back twice, forcing me to contact him both times. Chris K. made me feel like he was sympathetic towards the seller which was also very frustrating. Chris did not want to give me the refund but I asked him to call my luthier to verify what I was saying was truthful. That is the only thing that saved my bacon-- The luthier remembered the guitar because mosrites are so rare and unique. After they spoke, it took Chris a few more days to contact me to let me know I'd be receiving a shipping label and eventually a refund. I just called Chris again 15 minutes ago but he was busy. I left a message for him with the rep I spoke with saying: If I don't have a refund today (Friday) I will be contacting my bank and reversing charges. I got an email while typing this review saying my refund is approved and I will have it on Monday. *sigh*

Purchase Date: 28 OCTOBER.
Received: 2 NOVEMBER.
Request refund: 2 NOVEMBER.
Refund approved: 17 NOVEMBER.
Refund received: Pending until 20 NOVEMBER.

Absolutely ridiculous. I still feel like the guys at reverb on dancing on my grave. Buyers should avoid these asshats, I know I will be.

Share Reverb's store rating

Reverb is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Reverb is not a merchant member
Reverb does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!