63 reviews

Customer service: 4.53/10
Return/Replacement policy: 3.33/10
2018-04-19

HORRIBLE Ethics

"Unscrupulous people with no customer support. Try to call them - the DO NOT ANSWER the phone. They hold your money for weeks and lie about their process. Do. It trust your buying or selling with them. "

2018-04-02

Never got my LP

"Was searching for a record that I have not seen in a long time found it on this website and ordered it. Never got the order it was sent to Texas and I live in Vermont. Of course they were like will refund your money but I don't want my money back what I wanted was the album. First time user not happy. I would not recommend buying from this site ever."

2018-03-29

If there was a rating less than one star, I'd have picked that...

"Rubbish. Seller didn't honour transaction and website did nothing about it when I complained. Avoid."

2018-03-23

Dishonest/Adversarial and Anti-Gay Employee

"Just awful. Sold my original set of vintage 1959 Fender Stratocaster pickups only to have my buyer contact me saying they weren't original but reissues. Being an honest seller and knowing they were original (I took them out of an Early 60 Stratocaster I've owned for 20 years myself). I figured the buyer just had a case of buyers remorse and that was his way of saying so without saying so. A few days later I get them back, but upon opening the package the bottom of my stomach fell 50 stories. The buyer did not send the pickups I sent him, but rather an actual set of Reissue pickups. I contacted Reverb and was put in touch with "Chris D" to fill him in as I was a victim of fraud. Expecting a professional, sensible person I explained what happened but Chris D treated me like a scammer. Took the funds out of my account and sent a full refund to the scammer. Chris D then elected to suspend my account. I have been screwed by a scammer and Reverb.com. Chris D is a lying, manipulative, power hungry and as unprofessional of an employee I've ever dealt with. To allow a legitimate seller like myself to get robbed out of thousands of dollars, laugh it off then accuse me of being a scammer is borderline evil. I'd also like to add in that Chris D also likes to disparage the gay community. The last thing this creep said to me on the before suspending my account was telling me to "**** his $&!!, and "Fa!&ots like me like getting %*!#%* in the &$@ so what was I complaining about".

I contacted Reverb again by phone asking to speak to someone about the behavior of Chris. I called 4 times and was only ever put on hold, eventually being hung up on as it seems they aren't concerned about the conduct of this employee. I even created a new account to attempt to reach them by email only to have my IP address traced and my new account deleted within an hour of creating it.

Chris D and everyone I spoke to at Reverb treated me like a criminal after I was a victim of a crime. They cost me $1,200 and the person who scammed me still has their account. Then to top it all off, Chris said the most absolutely nastiest, meanest and anti-Gay slur I have ever, ever heard in my life.

I feel Reverb needs to address both their policies and this employee. It's 2018, and there is no room in the world for people like him.

Rant over. I hope that some good can come from this somehow. People and companies like this need to be exposed for what they are.

2018-03-11

False Advertising

"They are advertising brand new marshall 50th anniversary amplifiers for half the price they go for. When you add the products to your cart they instantly turn into a different product (one that is half the cost) and do not notify the buyer of the product change. You cannot even zoom in to get a clear view of the photo or description. I notified their team and they said that it is programmed that way by their backend team.

This is unacceptable.

2018-03-10

Poor #reverbdotcom Experience

"Let me begin with the fact I have 35+ transactions with 5 star rating. Long story short, I attempted to buy a Friedman amplifier twice on the site and still sitting here with no amp in possession. I will also state that sure, PayPal is past the buck to handle issuing refunds and that is the bottom and single buyer protection that is offered. First attempt: Paid in full for an order within 2 minutes of closing the deal with seller. Next morning I see the order canceled and refund issued by seller. Later that day I see a new post from that seller for a different amplifier but it was listed as "local pickup only" and in the description he states "will considering shipping if buyer palls shipping in full". Clear to see what happened here once he found out he may have miscalculated his price w/ shipping. I've had this happen but I followed through with the deal and took the loss and shipped the item within 1 business day. Now, my money is **** for 5 days in PayPal refund status. Second attempt: Again, I see a listing of what I wanted and paid full asking price immediately. On the third business day of item not shipping I get a message from seller saying that UPS is closed on Saturday and he will follow up Monday. I responded with a screenshot listing the only single UPS store in his town showing that they were open until 1:30 that very same Saturday. Then, I get threatened by the seller that he will refund my money because he could sell the amp for money then what I paid. Newsflash Sherlock, YOU as the seller set the original asking price to begin with. He then issues the refund immediately after. Now yet again my money will be **** in PayPal process for another 5 days. I will acknowledge that yes it is nice to know your money is coming back but is this the best policy of customer service that Reverb can produce? What about the absolute pain of an experience and having my money **** due to unreliable sellers? Reverb responded with "We are very sorry blah blah blah your refund request is issued ..." Thats it. No further action on the nightmare I was put through in having $3000 floating around in processing cycles twice, flat out lied to from one seller, pointing out the original seller not offering shipping anymore and both of these events causing me to have to wait weeks to get my money back. Many people complain about Guitar Center but I can say every time I order from them online I actually receive it and best yet a tracking number within less than 24 hours of the order placed. If you only buy from a trustworthy seller great but beware if you experience sellers like mine (oddly back to back purchases) just know your on your own and Reverb does not care about the poor experiences or how long it takes for your refund."

2018-02-27

No seller protection

"Buyer lied to get me to take a vintage amp back. It took 10 days to get back to me. I had 24 hours to complete the refund and no recourse. Reverb was quick to tell me they'd like to help me, but there is nothing they can do. Stay away."

2018-02-23

Reverb.com has been perfect. Never an issue with the marketplace. Some sellers are bad, same thing with any marketplace (Amazon, eBay etc)

"Never an issue with the marketplace. Some sellers are bad, same thing with any marketplace (Amazon, eBay etc). I would bet that most of the negative reviews on here are from eBay or Amazon corporate. Yes, competing businesses will wright and post negative reviews on competition they deem a threat.

Dirty business, definitely.

2018-02-20

2 orders resulting in no shipments

"Tired to use Reverb to buy 2 items and both times the items either were not available or were not shipped at all. After waiting a week for a items to be shipped after the label had been created I had to cancel the order. Tired of getting the run around. I would NOT use them again for any order at all. "

2018-02-09

Poor Customer Service by Reverb with Paypal

"I purchased a guitar on reverb. Guitar arrived but not as described by seller. Seller described it a Extremely Mint Condition. Guitar was missing the pick guard, had scratches on front, back, hairline crack on back of neck and damage to case. None of this was disclosed by seller. I filed dispute with Paypal and got email from Chris at Reverb. I responded to him, send email updates and called him twice but no response. Reverb cannot do anything for you if you purchase by paypal. "

2018-02-07

A éviter à tout prix

"Vendeurs inexistants, service après-vente médiocre. TRÈS MAUVAISE EXPÉRIENCE "

2018-01-23

Love Their Merchandise & Purchasing Experience

"From the online experience to finding what I wanted to buy to the process of purchasing to actually receiving the merchandise, I had a very smooth experience. On top of it, when the merchandise arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by the packaging and the quality overall. Now that I've ordered for myself, it's certainly something I'll keep in mind for gifts as well. "

2018-01-22

Easy platform, great customer service, & a huge range of buyers/sellers.

"I've been using Reverb for just under two years and have had nothing but excellent experiences. When I list items for sale, they sell quickly and the buyers are friendly and cooperative. I've purchased dozens of items and the buyers and the products (guitars, accessories, ukes, and more) were all great. I've never had an issue with a transaction so I've never had to contact customer service, but my friends who do lots of business on the platform have nothing but great things to say about the staff there - knowledgeable, friendly, patient. I would highly recommend if you're looking to buy or sell any range of music gear. "

2018-01-18

A NEW LOW IN INTEGRITY AND SERVICE

"So after checking a few listings and finding various issues with them one of them being two identically described instruments with different prices. I emailed the seller Quinn The Eskimo Brass and Winds to inquire. They found they had listed a new instrument incorrectly as used and promptly deleted the listing and relisted it for a much higher price. They still had a mismatch of the model and images on the used one which never got fixed and I decided not to pursue it as they told me the pictures are the determining factor which is not:
Indicated by Reverb
The P&P of other much larger online marketplaces.
Something I would want to debate with the seller and or Reverb given my own and others experiences as on seen resellersratings. If I were saved from a potentially costly mistake that also could negatively affect my rating I would be thanking the person and offering a discount at the minimum. Other issues are Winds101 listing Yamaha dead stock instruments (some so old you can't even find any documentation) as new, stating the lower than msrp price is the reason for the lack of warranty. Warranty costs are borne by the manufacturer not the seller. Reverb's policy clearly states that listings categorized as new must come with warranty. I inquired with Winds101 as to their status as an authorized Yamaha seller and never received a response. Unauthorized sellers are prohibited from selling offering a warranty and the manufacturer will not back one issued by unauthorized sellers. Authorized sellers typically are required to adhere to price and model year restrictions to be sold as new. Last but not least was a Japanese seller Product-value that was honest about the poor condition of the flute stating rust, scratches, dullness, and feelings of usage but has it listed it in the Excellent category I also noticed Quinn The Eskimo Brass and Winds has a much worse rating on eBay and that Winds101 states the same incorrect information on eBay as well and poses as a private seller on Kijiji (Canada's Craigslist). I asked Reverb several times to investigate, first they promise they will look into it but never got back to me. Then they can't find my emails and subsequent promises to investigate and follow-up were not done but they did take the time to block my IP address. Whenever I go to reverb.com a page is displayed that is should only be displayed when you attempt to login unsuccessfully despite the fact I am not trying to login. I sent in a password reset request as per the page for a laugh and they did not respond. So I can't visit the site using my home connection directly. Others that have tried to get reverb to adhere to their published policy have met with similar treatment. There are easy work-arounds but its a moot point now. As in many cases these sellers have the same items on eBay if I really wanted to purchase one or more. I checked and they have not required the seller to correct the listings that are incorrectly categorized and contain false and incorrect information.

2018-01-16

Every time I’ve tried to post on Reverb the screen just goes all over the place.

"I use an iPad , like many others. Every time I try to post something I want to sell, it does not register . The screen will jump from one thing to another. I’ve been trying to post a simple ad for the past hour. I’m so frustrated. If there was any place to go, I would go elsewhere. Ebay is the alternative . Ebay has their Algorithms down pat, never a problem listing, but they take higher fees. At the end of the day, I’m going back to Ebay. Also Reverbs customer support is non existent. I see many others are having problems as well. They must think we are all idiots. The options they have pre programmed dong reflect what you’re trying to sell. The new LP section is so misleading.
If they don’t get their act together ,someone else will. I’m just looking now as I’m trying to just sent this review. What do I see come up. “ what do you want to sell “ Nothing to do with my review ...

Helpful (1) Cool