Stores > Replacemyremote.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Replacemyremote.com by clicking a star below.
2017-11-09

Bad business practices

"Was looking for a replacement remote and located it on this online retailer. Ordered it and not even 10 minutes later but I had found the lost remote. Called and cancelled the order right away.

Except cancel doesn't mean cancel with this company. They have an apparent charge no matter if you order or not.

One would think that if an order is cancelled within a few minutes that you would be fine. No big deal with reputable online retailers.

I called and questioned the charge and they state that this information is located in a gray colored box at the bottom of the web page.

Now I don't know much about retailing, but as a consumer, don't you think that you would think twice about ordering something from a company that is going to charge you no matter what.

If this information had been provided straight up, then I would have probably not ordered from this retailer just because of this policy.

I find this poor business practice and policy as well poor and misleading web pages that do not provide you with this information straight up when placing an order.

Reputable retailers say this right when you are ordering, not in some gray box that you have to click on and read all the fine print to get to the information.

Do not do business with this company. Sorry I did and now I will be contacting credit card company to find out if I have recourse.

Will also be contacting Better Business Bureau because I do not think that they can charge you back like that on a cancelled order that wasn’t even 10 minutes old.

2017-10-19

The service doesn’t even deserve one star

"Got the wrong part and got Christian who was absolutely rude and no help what so ever. I hope no one uses this site to get anything. DQ "

2017-10-17

It's not a scam if you follow their instructions

"Lost my second remote key for my 2000s era SUV and needed a quick replacement. Called them to confirm they had my key+fob in stock, went to their location and had them laser cut and program the key and was out the door in less than 15 minutes. Paired the key to the vehicle my self. No problems whatsoever. If you're ordering online, just pay attention to what you are doing and find a reliable automotive locksmith in your area. "

2017-10-16

SCAM SCAM SCAM

"Any positive reviews for this company must be by someone getting paid to say them. I received my remote WHICH WAS NOT PROGRAMMED and would have to have it programmed by a local auto locksmith for an additional $120. I called to see if it could be self-programmed or returned and was treated more rudely than I have ever been treated my entire life. They claimed that it said in two places that the remote would not be programmed and was not returnable. IT DIDN'T! I asked why they asked for my VIN number if it wasn't going to be programmed and she insisted that they never ask for VIN #. My receipt even has my VIN # on it, which I pointed out, and she said she didn't know why I would give them the # when they never ask for it. THERE WAS A FIELD TO FILL OUT THAT ASKED FOR VIN #!! Why would I include information that wasn't asked for? I would give them zero stars if that was an option. "

2017-09-22

Better than the rest

"It's all true & works great
Had to order direct, so add $3 for "insurance" but it came as fast as Amazon Prime
Why? Mine is a 3 button, #3 was trunk located just under unlock button (GM)
Ordered only shell & pad = you supply electronics "as is", battery + remove/install battery spring clip (not that difficult)
Love the new feel, can read the pad emblems, seems to have greater range now?

NOT CROOKS, so far as shell & pad go - perfect fit, twin to original when new

2017-07-14

Crooks!

"Do not buy from these crooks! They sent out two keys for a 2011 Mazda. I took them to a locksmith, who informed me that one of them had no chip in it and the other had the wrong chip. The locksmith sold me two keys that worked. After getting the first key programmed, you can then easily program additional keys yourself. I watched as he programmed the second key that he supplied and watched the ReplaceMyRemote keys refuse to be programmed. I returned the keys and they informed me that the chips read okay for them and they cannot issue a refund. Save yourself the hassle, time and money - go directly to a locksmith to start with!"

2017-05-23

Restocking fee for items that don't work.

"Bought 2 remotes for a vehicle and when they arrived did the programming procedure and was able to get them to work ONCE! The second time they would only lock the vehicle, not unlock it, not open the trunk, not set off the panic alarm. I can imagine one remote being bad but BOTH? Told them I wanted my money back for remotes that don't work properly. They say they will MINUS AN 18% RESTOCKING CHARGE. What a bunch of hogwash! They refuse to provide a full refund. Unless you want to lose nearly 20% of your refund to an extortion fee, don't buy from here."

2017-03-08

Horrible horrible service

"Horrible horrible service. There's a 18% "restock" charge when you simply return their item and if you're from Canada you have to shipped the key back under your own cost. I asked to speak to a superior and they haven't contacted me yet. I'm not the type to complain but they screwed up my order and made me paid for it.

They have good keys but horrible service.

2016-11-16

Perfect example of a horrible company that value money over customers

"On October 5th, I ordered a key fob for my newly purchased Cadillac that was missing this component. I received the fob on Oct 8th. Once I programed the fob, I noticed that the start car function actually unlocked my trunk and the alarm selection didn't work at all. Regardless of these two selections malfunctioning, I elected to keep the fob because the lock and unlock worked and the open truck function worked as well (plus I had an additional select for the truck..smh). On the morning of Nov 3rd, my fob completely fell apart while walking to my car. I managed to put it back together but that was the last straw. I contacted replacemyremote to provide me with another durable fob or give me a refund. The nice lady (Heather) was very helpful and told me that they have some durable OEM models that should work fine and that they can send me as a replacement. I wondered to myself...why didn't send an OEM in the first place if they have them. Regardless, I was happy with receiving a better fob. She started the return paperwork with support and I received a USPS label in my email to send back my damaged fob. The fob was received by them on Nov 9th(I kept the tracking number to be in the know). I did not hear anything from anyone at this company until I wondered where my replacement fob was and contacted them on Nov. 12th. On Nov. 14th, I received this message,
"Hi. We are still looking into finding an OEM casing for you. We are waiting to hear back from our supplier. As soon as we hear something, we will contact you. Thank you for your patience!
-Heather"

So, not only did the not notify me in a timely manner of my return or at all until I contacted them... They also did not have an OEM casing as promised/told. I wanted a refund! Wouldn't you? So I requested a refund and purchased an OEM fob from a trusted company of GM. She replied a day later that they found an OEM model. But by this time, I had moved on. They processed my refund but took 18% from what I paid for the item as a restocking fee. I think this is so wrong of them. I feel they are aware that their product is cheaply manufactured and that's why their policy statement reads as following..."For 50 days after you place your order, you are able to return the product for a full refund minus 18% restocking fee for any reason whatsoever. " Key word WHATSOEVER. I asked you the reader, why are they RESTOCKING a damaged part. This company is getting over on hardworking customers and I think the world or at least the readers who are thinking about using them should know. They do not have the best interest of the consumer in mind. They are not adding value to their customer or putting value in there products. I received a malfunctioning product that eventually came apart within 30 days and they get to keep some of my hardworking money for restocking purposes on an item that does not need restocking. It's garbage. I will not recommend them to anyone.

2016-09-13

Couldn’t be happier

"I purchased a used GMC Envoy, 2004. It did not come with a remote. I found ReplaceMyRemote online and for $39.99, I thought I would give it a try. I followed the programming instructions that came with the remote. In five minutes I was ready to go! I have gone to a dealer in the past for a lost remote replacement and I recall paying close to $200 before I was out the door! Great site, great product, great service, I saved a lot of time and money!!"

2016-09-09

Really easy to find my car remote

"I had a wonderful experience. Found the product quickly. They make it easy for you. Check out is great no hassle. You don't have to have an account too buy the product. That what I like. I will recommend this company to my friend and family to save money!"

2016-09-08

Saved me over $100!

"The dealer was wanting $183.00 for a new fob and to program it. Just paid $46.00 with shipping and programming instructions from Replacemyremote.com. Very easy experience.

2016-09-07

Great price on Suzuki Kizashi remote

"Very pleased! Great price and remote was programmed by local locksmith for a Suzuki Kizashi. Dealer was going to charge me well over $150 just for the remote! Definitely recommend "ReplaceMyRemote.com"!"

2016-03-30

RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL PEOPLE WITH FALSE ADVERTISING

"YOU MIGHT GET THE RIGHT KEY, EVEN IF YOU TELL THEM THE EXACT MAKE/MODEL AND YEAR OF YOUR CAR. WE DIDN'T. WE DIDN'T EVEN GET INSTRUCTIONS. JUST A BAD KEY AND BLOG SITES ON A SCRATCH PC OF PAPER WHERE YOU MIGHT GET INSTRUCTIONS, BUT NONE OF THEM WORKED. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY"

2016-03-29

Don't Do It!!!

"I was very impressed with the ease of the order. Chat window worked well and the attendants were very helpful. I ordered a remote for my 2008 Toyota Avalon. Received it in just a few days. Took it to a locksmith that had the programmer and after going through the sequence it kept telling him that it was unable to communicate with the device. He said it was probably the battery. Nice guy he didn't charge me for the failed attempt that took nearly an hour of his time. Then I called the company and was told to take it to Home Depot to have it tested. Home Depot did not have a tester but I found a battery store that did. The remote seemed to test as good but when he tested the battery it tested low so I paid $10.50 for a new battery. Took it back to the locksmith and he tried again but failed. This time he charged $50.00. When I called to ask for a return they implied that I was supposed to have the locksmith call them to walk him through what he already knew how to do. They did give me a return authorization but charged a 18 percent restocking fee even after sending them the receipts for the failed programming and new battery. So bottom line they charged $125.00 for a new remote. I spent $10.50 for a battery, $50 for failed programming and $22.50 restocking fee. Nearly $85.00 and got nothing! I can't even remember the last time that I returned something that I bought on the internet and was charged for it! By the way, they have a neat way to get you to review them during the checkout process. Those are the 5 star review you see them so proudly showing on their front page."

Share Replacemyremote.com's store rating

Replacemyremote.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Replacemyremote.com is not a merchant member
Replacemyremote.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!